Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12

« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2017, 06:56:05 AM »

Morning Dave and Dave.
Morning, aren't you back to Travellin this week?

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2017, 07:00:25 AM »

Internet is working again, guess somebody woke up and flipped the switch back on.  If only CI had an early morning Switch Flipper!
Or a Sunday flipper, for that matter. Did they ever get a deal up yesterday?
Nope.  My guess is that these Undercrown Shades are from yesterday.  Lazy IT pushed them in but they immediately timed out.
Not that it really matters but strangely the Future FU only shows through Wednesday.

« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2017, 07:03:27 AM »

Holy Sheesh Bullwinkle, $8.00 Kuba Kuba's at the Sister. :o. A big UGH for Dad on those!

Also a couple of HC's.

« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2017, 07:04:17 AM »

Good morning, boys.

« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2017, 07:09:22 AM »

It's National Lighthouse Day!

« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2017, 07:11:14 AM »

Another retirement adjustment to adapt to, I am not used to still being home when the warden gets up, for years I have woken her up on my way out the door.

Another reason to go fishing I guess but got to get moved first.

« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2017, 07:14:22 AM »

It's National Lighthouse Day!
Did not know that but I am a big fan of lighthouses, I have seen quite a few but would like to see a lot more.  I have seen most of them on the Gulf Coast and a few on the southern Atlantic, also a few in the Caribbean.

« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2017, 07:15:38 AM »

It's National Lighthouse Day!
I'll have to find one today.

« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2017, 07:16:25 AM »

Here  are just a few fun Lighthouse facts:

THE FIRST LIGHTHOUSE IN AMERICA was at Boston on Little Brewster Island (1716). The first keeper was George Worthylake who was drowned, along with his wife and daughter, when returning to the island in 1718. The original tower was destroyed by the British and eventually reconstructed in 1784.

NEWEST SHORESIDE LIGHTHOUSE is Sullivan’s Island in Charleston, SC, 1962.
and
THE ONLY TRIANGULAR-SHAPED LIGHTHOUSE TOWER is Sullivan’s Island in Charleston, SC.
and
THE ONLY LIGHTHOUSE EQUIPPED WITH AN ELEVATOR is Sullivan’s Island in Charleston, SC.

THE TALLEST LIGHTHOUSE is Cape Hatteras, NC (196 ft. built in 1872).

FIRST AMERICAN-BUILT WEST COAST LIGHTHOUSE was Alcatraz Island, 1854.

State with the most lighthouses - Michigan with 124. (Depending on definitions, the number may be about 130.)

THE OLDEST EXISTING LIGHTHOUSE IN AMERICA (never rebuilt) is Sandy Hook, NJ (1764), which is still in operation.  Part of the building of the lighthouse was paid for by the sale of lottery tickets and shipping interest in New York City paid for the rest.

« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2017, 07:18:15 AM »

Another retirement adjustment to adapt to, I am not used to still being home when the warden gets up, for years I have woken her up on my way out the door.

Another reason to go fishing I guess but got to get moved first.
I told you, start enjoying those morning cigars outside.

Also important to remember...soon you are going to be around each other 24/7.  Need to adjust to THAT!

« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2017, 07:19:37 AM »

Morning Dave and Dave.
Morning, aren't you back to Travellin this week?
Not for another two weeks.

« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2017, 07:20:15 AM »

Another retirement adjustment to adapt to, I am not used to still being home when the warden gets up, for years I have woken her up on my way out the door.

Another reason to go fishing I guess but got to get moved first.
I told you, start enjoying those morning cigars outside.

Also important to remember...soon you are going to be around each other 24/7.  Need to adjust to THAT!
Thanks for scaring the chit out of me!

« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2017, 07:23:33 AM »

[...]

Forgot, I have seen the Alcatraz light.  We are going to the OBX sometime next year and the Cape Hatteras light is on my list,  Been to OBX area but not Cape Hatteras.

« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2017, 07:30:16 AM »

Internet is working again, guess somebody woke up and flipped the switch back on.  If only CI had an early morning Switch Flipper!
Or a Sunday flipper, for that matter. Did they ever get a deal up yesterday?
Nope.  My guess is that these Undercrown Shades are from yesterday.  Lazy IT pushed them in but they immediately timed out.
Not that it really matters but strangely the Future FU only shows through Wednesday.
Sounds like their IT department had a company retreat last week and just gave up on everything.

« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2017, 07:32:03 AM »

Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12