Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

« Reply #90 on: April 12, 2017, 12:31:55 PM »

good morning guys, Tony I put new tires a month or two before the insurance company
totaled the 2007 Pontiac Terrain.  Sprung for the lifetime alignment too!  Didn't you know
the lease was ending?
I did know. But it was cheaper than paying the penalty. If I had it to do again I would have changed the tires sooner so that I could have enjoyed them for a bit. Oh well, live and learn.
If you had it to do over I'm sure the tires wouldn't make the top 10 changes

« Reply #91 on: April 12, 2017, 12:39:15 PM »

United Airlines told federal regulators in 2014 all ticketed passengers were guaranteed seats on flights, International Business Times reports.

United in comments to federal officials in 2014 said every ticket "guarantees a passenger a seat on the plane, with no additional mandatory seat-assignment charges."

"Importantly, every passenger who buys a ticket on a United flight or a flight on any of United's partners or competitors in the United States will be assigned a seat at no additional charge (though in some cases this will still happen at the gate)," the airline wrote.

"Therefore, the rule does not need to prescribe how carriers must disclose charges concerning advance seat assignments because passengers need not purchase this service to receive a seat assignment."

« Reply #92 on: April 12, 2017, 12:47:08 PM »

United Airlines told federal regulators in 2014 all ticketed passengers were guaranteed seats on flights, International Business Times reports.

United in comments to federal officials in 2014 said every ticket "guarantees a passenger a seat on the plane, with no additional mandatory seat-assignment charges."

"Importantly, every passenger who buys a ticket on a United flight or a flight on any of United's partners or competitors in the United States will be assigned a seat at no additional charge (though in some cases this will still happen at the gate)," the airline wrote.

"Therefore, the rule does not need to prescribe how carriers must disclose charges concerning advance seat assignments because passengers need not purchase this service to receive a seat assignment."
Giggle.

« Reply #93 on: April 12, 2017, 12:57:09 PM »

United Airlines told federal regulators in 2014 all ticketed passengers were guaranteed seats on flights, International Business Times reports.

United in comments to federal officials in 2014 said every ticket "guarantees a passenger a seat on the plane, with no additional mandatory seat-assignment charges."

"Importantly, every passenger who buys a ticket on a United flight or a flight on any of United's partners or competitors in the United States will be assigned a seat at no additional charge (though in some cases this will still happen at the gate)," the airline wrote.

"Therefore, the rule does not need to prescribe how carriers must disclose charges concerning advance seat assignments because passengers need not purchase this service to receive a seat assignment."
I flew on United last year, and on our way home, they were overbooked and were offering big bucks in travel vouchers for people to switch to another flight. I haven't read much on this story, but did that not happen here? If not, I wonder why.

« Reply #94 on: April 12, 2017, 01:01:24 PM »

[...]

they got up to $800 and had 3 takers, others were holding out for $1000 and the free flight, but someone at united thought he/she would save the company $200.  Stock is only down 45 million, good effing choice.....

« Reply #95 on: April 12, 2017, 01:05:40 PM »

[...]

Gotcha. They went up to $500 I think on my flight before they got any takers.

« Reply #96 on: April 12, 2017, 01:15:10 PM »

just got a work email letting me know:
APRIL IS ALCOHOL AWARENESS MONTH

« Reply #97 on: April 12, 2017, 01:16:02 PM »

[...]

Yes, the offer was up to $800 plus rescheduled travel.

« Reply #98 on: April 12, 2017, 01:16:41 PM »

just got a work email letting me know:
APRIL IS ALCOHOL AWARENESS MONTH
So get your ass out there and become aware!   ???

« Reply #99 on: April 12, 2017, 01:18:56 PM »

[...]

That's not quite right either.  They were up to $800, but has NO takers.  They then picked four to bump based on their magic formula and removed three.  The fourth refused....and thus our story and video.

« Reply #100 on: April 12, 2017, 01:28:29 PM »

[...]

That makes a bit more sense. But seriously, a couple hundred extra dollars and they're not in this situation. Which was later compounded by the CEO's "apology".

« Reply #101 on: April 12, 2017, 01:42:59 PM »

[...]

Basically they were being Dicks as always and this time they shit the bed.  They were not overbooked they took paying passengers with boarding passes off to put United employees on the plane because the flight crew employees can live whereever they want to and fly back and forth to work free.  Neighbor is an international pilot and he flies back up here every Thursday and flies back to Houston on Sunday evening to fly his Monday a.m. Flight to China.

« Reply #102 on: April 12, 2017, 01:46:14 PM »

just got a work email letting me know:
APRIL IS ALCOHOL AWARENESS MONTH
I am well aware of it every month and a try to take a sip everyday.

« Reply #103 on: April 12, 2017, 02:05:50 PM »

just got a work email letting me know:
APRIL IS ALCOHOL AWARENESS MONTH
I am very aware of alcohol. I am also very aware that I have none available at this moment. Disappointing.

« Reply #104 on: April 12, 2017, 03:14:16 PM »

Had myself a little siesta ;D

Got to vacuum the house and then it will be smoke time.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9