CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: 4/12/2017  (Read 9985 times)

sfish

Re: 4/12/2017
« Reply #90 on: April 12, 2017, 12:31:55 PM »

good morning guys, Tony I put new tires a month or two before the insurance company
totaled the 2007 Pontiac Terrain.  Sprung for the lifetime alignment too!  Didn't you know
the lease was ending?
I did know. But it was cheaper than paying the penalty. If I had it to do again I would have changed the tires sooner so that I could have enjoyed them for a bit. Oh well, live and learn.
If you had it to do over I'm sure the tires wouldn't make the top 10 changes

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #91 on: April 12, 2017, 12:39:15 PM »

United Airlines told federal regulators in 2014 all ticketed passengers were guaranteed seats on flights, International Business Times reports.

United in comments to federal officials in 2014 said every ticket "guarantees a passenger a seat on the plane, with no additional mandatory seat-assignment charges."

"Importantly, every passenger who buys a ticket on a United flight or a flight on any of United's partners or competitors in the United States will be assigned a seat at no additional charge (though in some cases this will still happen at the gate)," the airline wrote.

"Therefore, the rule does not need to prescribe how carriers must disclose charges concerning advance seat assignments because passengers need not purchase this service to receive a seat assignment."

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #92 on: April 12, 2017, 12:47:08 PM »

United Airlines told federal regulators in 2014 all ticketed passengers were guaranteed seats on flights, International Business Times reports.

United in comments to federal officials in 2014 said every ticket "guarantees a passenger a seat on the plane, with no additional mandatory seat-assignment charges."

"Importantly, every passenger who buys a ticket on a United flight or a flight on any of United's partners or competitors in the United States will be assigned a seat at no additional charge (though in some cases this will still happen at the gate)," the airline wrote.

"Therefore, the rule does not need to prescribe how carriers must disclose charges concerning advance seat assignments because passengers need not purchase this service to receive a seat assignment."
Giggle.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #93 on: April 12, 2017, 12:57:09 PM »

I flew on United last year, and on our way home, they were overbooked and were offering big bucks in travel vouchers for people to switch to another flight. I haven't read much on this story, but did that not happen here? If not, I wonder why.

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
« Reply #94 on: April 12, 2017, 01:01:24 PM »

I flew on United last year, and on our way home, they were overbooked and were offering big bucks in travel vouchers for people to switch to another flight. I haven't read much on this story, but did that not happen here? If not, I wonder why.
they got up to $800 and had 3 takers, others were holding out for $1000 and the free flight, but someone at united thought he/she would save the company $200.  Stock is only down 45 million, good effing choice.....

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #95 on: April 12, 2017, 01:05:40 PM »

they got up to $800 and had 3 takers, others were holding out for $1000 and the free flight, but someone at united thought he/she would save the company $200.  Stock is only down 45 million, good effing choice.....
Gotcha. They went up to $500 I think on my flight before they got any takers.

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
« Reply #96 on: April 12, 2017, 01:15:10 PM »

just got a work email letting me know:
APRIL IS ALCOHOL AWARENESS MONTH

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #97 on: April 12, 2017, 01:16:02 PM »

Yes, the offer was up to $800 plus rescheduled travel.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #98 on: April 12, 2017, 01:16:41 PM »

So get your ass out there and become aware!   ???

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #99 on: April 12, 2017, 01:18:56 PM »

That's not quite right either.  They were up to $800, but has NO takers.  They then picked four to bump based on their magic formula and removed three.  The fourth refused....and thus our story and video.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #100 on: April 12, 2017, 01:28:29 PM »

That's not quite right either.  They were up to $800, but has NO takers.  They then picked four to bump based on their magic formula and removed three.  The fourth refused....and thus our story and video.
That makes a bit more sense. But seriously, a couple hundred extra dollars and they're not in this situation. Which was later compounded by the CEO's "apology".

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #101 on: April 12, 2017, 01:42:59 PM »

That makes a bit more sense. But seriously, a couple hundred extra dollars and they're not in this situation. Which was later compounded by the CEO's "apology".
Basically they were being Dicks as always and this time they shit the bed.  They were not overbooked they took paying passengers with boarding passes off to put United employees on the plane because the flight crew employees can live whereever they want to and fly back and forth to work free.  Neighbor is an international pilot and he flies back up here every Thursday and flies back to Houston on Sunday evening to fly his Monday a.m. Flight to China.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #102 on: April 12, 2017, 01:46:14 PM »

I am well aware of it every month and a try to take a sip everyday.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #103 on: April 12, 2017, 02:05:50 PM »

I am very aware of alcohol. I am also very aware that I have none available at this moment. Disappointing.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #104 on: April 12, 2017, 03:14:16 PM »

Had myself a little siesta ;D

Got to vacuum the house and then it will be smoke time.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9