Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

« Reply #150 on: March 01, 2017, 06:43:37 PM »

This house is sold!
Congrats! It was worth the new carpeting, in that case.
So did you have to promise a turn-over date to the prospective owners?
Close in 30-45 days then Sale-Leaseback through August.  All Cash Buyer
Cool.  Did you have to engage a realtor to get this done?  The warden is strategizing how to save some commission $$ on our future sale.
Word of mouth, no realtor.  Told a few folks around the neighborhood we were going to be putting it on the market in the spring and one of them told these people about it.

Just need a real estate attorney to do the contract, probably $500 at most.
Very nice, especially the cash purchase part, no fk'n banks to deal with.  But someone will probably have to pay a title company and survey.  Small change compared to realtor fee, though.
What a racket that title and survey bullshit is.
Logged

Thor

  • Newbie Status
  • Proud to be a BoTL
Re: 3/1/2017
« Reply #151 on: March 01, 2017, 06:58:08 PM »

G'evening afoc, TD, bean cubed. Hope dean's move went okay today. Have a question for youse guys (cb, you too, if you're lurking). Do you think the fda rules have finally taken effect with regards to pricing?? I've been following jambalaya and the 'page's scorcher and I think the vast majority of the "deals" are weak as water. And it's not just today, cuz I've noticed it for quite awhile (6-12 mos.?? Except for Xmas maybe) now.

« Reply #152 on: March 01, 2017, 07:10:40 PM »

This house is sold!
Congrats! It was worth the new carpeting, in that case.
So did you have to promise a turn-over date to the prospective owners?
Close in 30-45 days then Sale-Leaseback through August.  All Cash Buyer
Cool.  Did you have to engage a realtor to get this done?  The warden is strategizing how to save some commission $$ on our future sale.
Word of mouth, no realtor.  Told a few folks around the neighborhood we were going to be putting it on the market in the spring and one of them told these people about it.

Just need a real estate attorney to do the contract, probably $500 at most.
Very nice, especially the cash purchase part, no fk'n banks to deal with.  But someone will probably have to pay a title company and survey.  Small change compared to realtor fee, though.
What a racket that title and survey bullshit is.
Got a survey already which will be just fine, they will pay most of the closing coat.

« Reply #153 on: March 01, 2017, 07:22:30 PM »

This house is sold!
Congrats! It was worth the new carpeting, in that case.
So did you have to promise a turn-over date to the prospective owners?
Close in 30-45 days then Sale-Leaseback through August.  All Cash Buyer
Cool.  Did you have to engage a realtor to get this done?  The warden is strategizing how to save some commission $$ on our future sale.
Word of mouth, no realtor.  Told a few folks around the neighborhood we were going to be putting it on the market in the spring and one of them told these people about it.

Just need a real estate attorney to do the contract, probably $500 at most.
Very nice, especially the cash purchase part, no fk'n banks to deal with.  But someone will probably have to pay a title company and survey.  Small change compared to realtor fee, though.
What a racket that title and survey bullshit is.
Indeed.  They're all in cahoots.

« Reply #154 on: March 01, 2017, 08:13:37 PM »

G'evening afoc, TD, bean cubed. Hope dean's move went okay today. Have a question for youse guys (cb, you too, if you're lurking). Do you think the fda rules have finally taken effect with regards to pricing?? I've been following jambalaya and the 'page's scorcher and I think the vast majority of the "deals" are weak as water. And it's not just today, cuz I've noticed it for quite awhile (6-12 mos.?? Except for Xmas maybe) now.
I feel there is no doubt FDA scare has taken account and this is the cause and effect. What the total effect will come from the courts.

« Reply #155 on: March 01, 2017, 08:15:49 PM »

Companies are cutting away at their low selling brands and house blends are being liquidated by online retailers

« Reply #156 on: March 01, 2017, 08:19:51 PM »

Still ranting....Not fair that Cuban cigars can be bought and brought back with no intentions to tax or take the FDA hit.

« Reply #157 on: March 01, 2017, 08:23:08 PM »

FDA wants to know what's in every cigar or pipe blend post 2007. Some shops have house rollers and tobacco blender's which is a no no and no more free cigar events. Fvck the FDA

« Reply #158 on: March 01, 2017, 08:25:12 PM »

Events now cost money and this is how shops can still have them but do you want to pay 25 bucks to attend?

« Reply #159 on: March 01, 2017, 08:58:06 PM »

G'evening afoc, TD, bean cubed. Hope dean's move went okay today. Have a question for youse guys (cb, you too, if you're lurking). Do you think the fda rules have finally taken effect with regards to pricing?? I've been following jambalaya and the 'page's scorcher and I think the vast majority of the "deals" are weak as water. And it's not just today, cuz I've noticed it for quite awhile (6-12 mos.?? Except for Xmas maybe) now.

I think the retailers' FDA excuse is in full effect.

« Reply #160 on: March 01, 2017, 09:00:06 PM »

Still ranting....Not fair that Cuban cigars can be bought and brought back with no intentions to tax or take the FDA hit.
It sucks for the B&Ms, that's for sure.

« Reply #161 on: March 01, 2017, 10:15:34 PM »

Damn I killed the banter and the jam.

« Reply #162 on: March 01, 2017, 10:20:23 PM »

Already planning my evening smoke. I may go asylum 13 or ruination

« Reply #163 on: March 01, 2017, 10:38:34 PM »

Already planning my evening smoke. I may go asylum 13 or ruination
Haven't had an Asylum 13 in a long while but I'm a fan.

« Reply #164 on: March 01, 2017, 11:51:48 PM »

Already planning my evening smoke. I may go asylum 13 or ruination
Haven't had an Asylum 13 in a long while but I'm a fan.
Went with a ruination torp and have to clip so much of the tip off to get a decent draw. I do like this blend. It has tested time but think I will remember not to buy the torpedo again.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]