Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16

shank

  • Junior Status
  • *
« Reply #195 on: January 19, 2017, 05:19:15 PM »

Is the fat boy the one that has often had disc rims? Or can you put those on all. There's one model that was particularly appealing to me. Might had been fat bob. I can't remember lol
Logged

shank

  • Junior Status
  • *
« Reply #196 on: January 19, 2017, 05:20:23 PM »

Room 101 HN and more Lananja's have arrived.

Have you gotten into any HNs yet? Curious abiut that cigar. Might spring on a box of PCs if the price drops...

« Reply #197 on: January 19, 2017, 05:20:41 PM »

3bean! Nice! Mine is the 2015 A model. I do love the red, th o! I was going to buy a '14, had to delay, and wound up with an FJ-09 two months later. After 8k miles and about 7 months on it I began to wonder if the fjr was the better bike for me (more refined, less buzz, more comfortable on long rides). I bought an 08 fjr for cheap and 3 months later traded my fj09 on the new fjr. Love it!
You're right, the FJR is the best of both worlds. What aftermarket tweaks have you done?

I haven't really felt compelled to do any. I have a ram mount for my phone and a factory young screen. I'd probably like to add canyon cages, and maybe a corbin, but my but does ok on the factory seat as far as LA to Vegas so far, so it's not urgent. You?
Laam seat, risers, and a bit larger windscreen.  Also horns (couldn't stand that pussy factory horn), ram mounts, a couple other small stuff.  Made it perfect for me.

« Reply #198 on: January 19, 2017, 05:22:53 PM »

Is the fat boy the one that has often had disc rims? Or can you put those on all. There's one model that was particularly appealing to me. Might had been fat bob. I can't remember lol
The Fat Boy was the first to have the solid rims. Made famous when Ahnold rode it in Terminator 2.

The Fat Boy is a stripped-down Softail.  The Fat Bob is a factory bobber based on the Dyna.

« Reply #199 on: January 19, 2017, 05:34:11 PM »

Room 101 HN and more Lananja's have arrived.

Have you gotten into any HNs yet? Curious abiut that cigar. Might spring on a box of PCs if the price drops...
I've enjoyed them for a couple of years now. Flavorful but a nice medium.  I found them to be a good contrast to the Namakubi's.  Also historically they were on the cheaper side of Room 101.
Logged

shank

  • Junior Status
  • *
« Reply #200 on: January 19, 2017, 05:35:28 PM »

3bean, I DO want to upgrade my horn. My 08 sounded like a classic oldsmobile. My new one sounds like my 1980 Honda xl100
Logged

shank

  • Junior Status
  • *
« Reply #201 on: January 19, 2017, 05:36:00 PM »

Is the fat boy the one that has often had disc rims? Or can you put those on all. There's one model that was particularly appealing to me. Might had been fat bob. I can't remember lol
The Fat Boy was the first to have the solid rims. Made famous when Ahnold rode it in Terminator 2.

The Fat Boy is a stripped-down Softail.  The Fat Bob is a factory bobber based on the Dyna.

I think it's the fat boy I like.
Logged

shank

  • Junior Status
  • *
« Reply #202 on: January 19, 2017, 05:36:38 PM »

Room 101 HN and more Lananja's have arrived.

Have you gotten into any HNs yet? Curious abiut that cigar. Might spring on a box of PCs if the price drops...
I've enjoyed them for a couple of years now. Flavorful but a nice medium.  I found them to be a good contrast to the Namakubi's.  Also historically they were on the cheaper side of Room 101.

The Namakubis being on the fuller side?

« Reply #203 on: January 19, 2017, 05:43:12 PM »

Room 101 HN and more Lananja's have arrived.

Have you gotten into any HNs yet? Curious abiut that cigar. Might spring on a box of PCs if the price drops...
I've enjoyed them for a couple of years now. Flavorful but a nice medium.  I found them to be a good contrast to the Namakubi's.  Also historically they were on the cheaper side of Room 101.
I usually went with the 213's  (5 1/2 x 44 corona).  They were released before Room 101 started with the Japanese naming convention for sizes, but do have PC's.  Getting pretty scarce.

« Reply #204 on: January 19, 2017, 05:47:44 PM »

Room 101 HN and more Lananja's have arrived.

Have you gotten into any HNs yet? Curious abiut that cigar. Might spring on a box of PCs if the price drops...
I've enjoyed them for a couple of years now. Flavorful but a nice medium.  I found them to be a good contrast to the Namakubi's.  Also historically they were on the cheaper side of Room 101.

The Namakubis being on the fuller side?
Namakubi is definitely fuller.  Don't get it confused with the Namakubi Ecuador however.  A very different cigar (even though supposedly only the wrapper changes).  Not a preferred choice of mine.  The Ecuador has a very earthy/mushroom taste like other Davidoff.

« Reply #205 on: January 19, 2017, 05:52:28 PM »

Is the fat boy the one that has often had disc rims? Or can you put those on all. There's one model that was particularly appealing to me. Might had been fat bob. I can't remember lol
The Fat Boy was the first to have the solid rims. Made famous when Ahnold rode it in Terminator 2.

The Fat Boy is a stripped-down Softail.  The Fat Bob is a factory bobber based on the Dyna.

I think it's the fat boy I like.
I liked the hell out of my Fat Boy, and I miss it.  I'll get another one at some point. But the missus prefers the Road King, and on the long haul the King is a lot more comfortable. Tradeoffs.

« Reply #206 on: January 19, 2017, 05:55:48 PM »

Room 101 HN and more Lananja's have arrived.

Have you gotten into any HNs yet? Curious abiut that cigar. Might spring on a box of PCs if the price drops...
I've enjoyed them for a couple of years now. Flavorful but a nice medium.  I found them to be a good contrast to the Namakubi's.  Also historically they were on the cheaper side of Room 101.

The Namakubis being on the fuller side?
Namakubi is definitely fuller.  Don't get it confused with the Namakubi Ecuador however.  A very different cigar (even though supposedly only the wrapper changes).  Not a preferred choice of mine.  The Ecuador has a very earthy/mushroom taste like other Davidoff.
After hearing about these things here for years, I have yet to try a Room 101. Now I've got 50 HN robustos inbound. I should have ordered some Namakubis.  But I spent so much in the past month that I hesitated. That, and it seems senseless to get hooked on a cigar that's going away. I'm still too far from retirement to lay in a lifetime supply.

« Reply #207 on: January 19, 2017, 06:03:29 PM »

[...]

Still worth it to visit with a few.  It's not like you are looking for the one cigar to smoke the rest of your life, there are plenty of good ones to substitute.

« Reply #208 on: January 19, 2017, 06:04:34 PM »

[...]

Tradeoffs?!?!  Tradeoffs!  Tradeoffs?
Logged

shank

  • Junior Status
  • *
« Reply #209 on: January 19, 2017, 06:08:59 PM »

Room 101 HN and more Lananja's have arrived.

Have you gotten into any HNs yet? Curious abiut that cigar. Might spring on a box of PCs if the price drops...
I've enjoyed them for a couple of years now. Flavorful but a nice medium.  I found them to be a good contrast to the Namakubi's.  Also historically they were on the cheaper side of Room 101.

The Namakubis being on the fuller side?
Namakubi is definitely fuller.  Don't get it confused with the Namakubi Ecuador however.  A very different cigar (even though supposedly only the wrapper changes).  Not a preferred choice of mine.  The Ecuador has a very earthy/mushroom taste like other Davidoff.

Ah yes. TexRed was talking about the switch in wrapper. I think he likes the newer one better. To each his own....
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16