CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on January 18, 2016, 12:00:12 AM

Title: 1/18/2016
Post by: CigarBanter on January 18, 2016, 12:00:12 AM
Happy MLK Jr. Monday! Are there any cigar deals out there today to be had? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something about cigars along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: LSUFAN on January 18, 2016, 02:24:43 AM
Good morning guys.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: LSUFAN on January 18, 2016, 02:28:40 AM
Today is Monday, Jan. 18, the 18th day of 2016. There are 348 days left in the year. This is the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: LSUFAN on January 18, 2016, 02:32:16 AM
Today's Highlight in History:

On Jan. 18, 1911, the first landing of an aircraft on a ship took place as pilot Eugene B. Ely brought his Curtiss biplane in for a safe landing on the deck of the armored cruiser USS Pennsylvania in San Francisco Harbor.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: LSUFAN on January 18, 2016, 02:33:19 AM
On this date:
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: LSUFAN on January 18, 2016, 02:33:43 AM
In 1778, English navigator Captain James Cook reached the present-day Hawaiian Islands, which he named the "Sandwich Islands."
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: LSUFAN on January 18, 2016, 02:34:14 AM
In 1862, the tenth president of the United States, John Tyler, died in Richmond, Virginia, at age 71, shortly before he could take his seat as an elected member of the Confederate Congress.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: LSUFAN on January 18, 2016, 02:35:30 AM
In 1862, the tenth president of the United States, John Tyler, died in Richmond, Virginia, at age 71, shortly before he could take his seat as an elected member of the Confederate Congress.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: LSUFAN on January 18, 2016, 02:35:57 AM
In 1919, the Paris Peace Conference, held to negotiate peace treaties ending the First World War, opened in Versailles (vehr-SY'), France.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: LSUFAN on January 18, 2016, 02:36:31 AM
In 1936, Nobel Prize-winning author Rudyard Kipling, 70, died in London.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: LSUFAN on January 18, 2016, 02:36:56 AM
In 1943, during World War II, Jewish insurgents in the Warsaw Ghetto launched their initial armed resistance against Nazi troops, who eventually succeeded in crushing the rebellion. A U.S. ban on the sale of pre-sliced bread — aimed at reducing bakeries' demand for metal replacement parts — went into effect.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: LSUFAN on January 18, 2016, 02:37:28 AM
In 1957, a trio of B-52's completed the first non-stop, round-the-world flight by jet planes, landing at March Air Force Base in California after more than 45 hours aloft.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: LSUFAN on January 18, 2016, 02:38:07 AM
In 1967, Albert DeSalvo, who claimed to be the "Boston Strangler," was convicted in Cambridge, Massachusetts, of armed robbery, assault and sex offenses. (Sentenced to life, DeSalvo was killed in prison in 1973.)
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: LSUFAN on January 18, 2016, 02:38:38 AM
In 1970, David Oman McKay, the ninth president of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, died at the age of 96.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: LSUFAN on January 18, 2016, 02:39:00 AM
In 1988, a China Southwest Airlines Ilyushin 18 crashed while on approach to Chongqing Airport, killing all 108 people on board.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: LSUFAN on January 18, 2016, 02:39:30 AM
In 1993, the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday was observed in all 50 states for the first time.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: LSUFAN on January 18, 2016, 02:39:54 AM
In 1996, Lisa Marie Presley-Jackson filed for divorce from Michael Jackson.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: LSUFAN on January 18, 2016, 02:40:33 AM
In 2001, President Bill Clinton, in a farewell from the Oval Office, told the nation that America had "done well" during his presidency, with record-breaking prosperity and a cleaner environment.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: LSUFAN on January 18, 2016, 02:40:59 AM
Ten years ago: The Supreme Court gave New Hampshire a chance to salvage its restrictions on abortion, reaffirming that states can require parental involvement in abortion decisions but also ordering a lower court to fix problems with New Hampshire's 2003 notification law. (New Hampshire ended up repealing the never-implemented law in 2007; a new law was enacted in 2012.) Knicks forward Antonio Davis climbed into the stands during a game because he believed his wife was involved in an altercation with a Bulls fan; Davis was ejected without a scuffle during New York's 106-104 overtime loss at Chicago. (He was suspended for five games.)
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: LSUFAN on January 18, 2016, 02:41:31 AM
Five years ago: Chinese President Hu Jintao arrived at Andrews Air Force Base outside Washington for a four-day state visit; President Barack Obama welcomed him with a private dinner in the White House residence. The first director of the Peace Corps, R. Sargent Shriver, died in Bethesda, Maryland, at age 95.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: LSUFAN on January 18, 2016, 02:41:58 AM
One year ago: Pope Francis ended his Asian pilgrimage with an appeal for the future of the Catholic Church, urging an estimated 3 million rain-soaked Filipinos to protect their young from sin and vice so they can instead become missionaries of the faith. Russell Wilson hit Jermaine Kearse for a 35-yard touchdown 3:19 into overtime to lift the Seattle Seahawks to an improbable 28-22 victory over Green Bay in the NFC championship game. In the AFC, Tom Brady threw for three touchdowns and LeGarrette Blount ran in three more to lead the New England Patriots into the Super Bowl with a 45-7 victory over the Indianapolis Colts.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: LSUFAN on January 18, 2016, 02:42:24 AM
Today's Birthdays: Movie director John Boorman is 83. Former Sen. Paul Kirk, D-Mass., is 78. Singer-songwriter Bobby Goldsboro is 75. Comedian-singer-musician Brett Hudson is 63. Actor-director Kevin Costner is 61. Country singer Mark Collie is 60. Actor Mark Rylance is 56. Actress Alison Arngrim (TV: "Little House on the Prairie") is 54. Former Maryland Gov. Martin O'Malley is 53. Actress Jane Horrocks is 52. Comedian Dave Attell (uh-TEHL') is 51. Actor Jesse L. Martin is 47. Rapper DJ Quik is 46. Rock singer Jonathan Davis (Korn) is 45. Former NAACP President and CEO Benjamin Todd Jealous is 43. Singer Christian Burns (BBMak) is 42. Actor Derek Richardson is 40. Actor Jason Segel is 36. Actress Samantha Mumba is 33. Country singer Kristy Lee Cook (TV: "American Idol") is 321. Actress Devin Kelley is 30. Actor Mateus Ward is 17.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: LSUFAN on January 18, 2016, 02:43:15 AM
Thought for Today: "None can love freedom heartily, but good men; the rest love not freedom, but license." — John Milton, English poet (1608-1674).
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: LSUFAN on January 18, 2016, 02:43:57 AM
Top 10 Signs Your Company is Going Under
-------------------------

1. They start paying everyone in sea shells.

2. The Dairy Queen on the corner is threatening a hostile takeover.

3. When you say, "See you tomorrow," the watchman laughs uncontrollably.

4. The chairman walks by your desk and says, "Hey, Hey! Easy on the staples!"

5. The initials of your company are "G.M."

6. Conference room has been turned into chinchilla farm.

7. Conversations at the water cooler are mainly with yourself.

8. Your boss casually asks you if you know anything about starting fires.

9. You get a lot of memos in Japanese.

10. Your boss asks you not to cash your check until next week.

Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 18, 2016, 03:44:24 AM
Morning, Chip. Hairy ride to work this morning. Glad I don't have anywhere to go for a few hours.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: LSUFAN on January 18, 2016, 04:42:51 AM
Morning, Chip. Hairy ride to work this morning. Glad I don't have anywhere to go for a few hours.
Good morning Dave.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: LSUFAN on January 18, 2016, 04:43:59 AM
Morning, Chip. Hairy ride to work this morning. Glad I don't have anywhere to go for a few hours.
My mom was checking the weather yesterday for my nephew who lives in Columbus and said it wasn't a pretty thing up there.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: LSUFAN on January 18, 2016, 04:45:13 AM
I wonder how many jams that we damn AB's have been on the last several years.  Sheesh on CI!
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 18, 2016, 04:52:47 AM
I wonder how many jams that we damn AB's have been on the last several years.  Sheesh on CI!
I'd say it's easily gotta be 80%.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 18, 2016, 04:53:35 AM
Morning, Chip. Hairy ride to work this morning. Glad I don't have anywhere to go for a few hours.
My mom was checking the weather yesterday for my nephew who lives in Columbus and said it wasn't a pretty thing up there.
It wasn't bad by my house, but as I got closer to work in the snow belt, it got rougher. They were calling for 4-7 inches overnight, which we didn't get, so I guess there is SOME good news.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: LSUFAN on January 18, 2016, 05:38:03 AM
Morning, Chip. Hairy ride to work this morning. Glad I don't have anywhere to go for a few hours.
My mom was checking the weather yesterday for my nephew who lives in Columbus and said it wasn't a pretty thing up there.
It wasn't bad by my house, but as I got closer to work in the snow belt, it got rougher. They were calling for 4-7 inches overnight, which we didn't get, so I guess there is SOME good news.
Its been a fairly easy winter for you guys so far, I am afraid it might only get worse now.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 18, 2016, 05:53:46 AM
Morning, Chip. Hairy ride to work this morning. Glad I don't have anywhere to go for a few hours.
My mom was checking the weather yesterday for my nephew who lives in Columbus and said it wasn't a pretty thing up there.
It wasn't bad by my house, but as I got closer to work in the snow belt, it got rougher. They were calling for 4-7 inches overnight, which we didn't get, so I guess there is SOME good news.
Its been a fairly easy winter for you guys so far, I am afraid it might only get worse now.
Yeah, we're due for an ass kicking. Lol
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 18, 2016, 05:56:39 AM
Seems like nothing is being bought off the jam today, they just keep changing deals. Which is good, I guess.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on January 18, 2016, 06:19:02 AM
good morning Chip and Dave. no snow here. 41° isn't ideal Florida weather but it is better than NY.
Short Story and coffee here.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: LSUFAN on January 18, 2016, 06:25:17 AM
good morning Chip and Dave. no snow here. 41° isn't ideal Florida weather but it is better than NY.
Short Story and coffee here.
Good morning Dean.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: LSUFAN on January 18, 2016, 06:25:50 AM
good morning Chip and Dave. no snow here. 41° isn't ideal Florida weather but it is better than NY.
Short Story and coffee here.
31° here on the bayou so you got us beat at least.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: LSUFAN on January 18, 2016, 06:28:49 AM
Seems like nothing is being bought off the jam today, they just keep changing deals. Which is good, I guess.
I think the jams have really been bad for so long now that we might be one of the last groups who even pay attention to it anymore.  It's not even worth recapping anymore, just the same old crap in a different order each time.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: LSUFAN on January 18, 2016, 06:29:23 AM
Native must be off today for the holiday and sleeping in a bit.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 18, 2016, 06:35:00 AM
Morning Chip, Dave and Dean.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 18, 2016, 06:35:35 AM
Rick was stopping by pretty regularly, now he's disappeared again...
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on January 18, 2016, 06:36:23 AM
good morning Chip and Dave. no snow here. 41° isn't ideal Florida weather but it is better than NY.
Short Story and coffee here.
31° here on the bayou so you got us beat at least.
it'll warm up in a few weeks, right? winters are short down here.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on January 18, 2016, 06:36:59 AM
Morning Chip, Dave and Dean.
morning Dave.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on January 18, 2016, 06:38:17 AM
Rick was stopping by pretty regularly, now he's disappeared again...
we text back and forth a bit, between work, the weather, and family, he's pretty busy.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 18, 2016, 06:41:30 AM
Rick was stopping by pretty regularly, now he's disappeared again...
we text back and forth a bit, between work, the weather, and family, he's pretty busy.
I imagine this season, especially, keeps him on his toes.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 18, 2016, 06:41:43 AM
Seems like nothing is being bought off the jam today, they just keep changing deals. Which is good, I guess.
I think the jams have really been bad for so long now that we might be one of the last groups who even pay attention to it anymore.  It's not even worth recapping anymore, just the same old crap in a different order each time.
Amen to that.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 18, 2016, 07:00:30 AM
  7  E.P. Carrillo Dark Ritual  Robusto  (5.0 x 50)
              5/21.50
  6  Alec Bradley Tempus Maduro
            10/39.99
  5  Casa Fernandez Miami Reserva  Robusto  (5.2 x 52)
             5/39.99
  4  Man O' War Ruination  Robusto  (5.5 x 54)
           10/37.50
  3  Herrera Esteli by Drew Estate  Piramide Fina  Belicoso  (6.0 x 52)
            5/36.00
  2  Nub Dub
          10/34.99
  1  San Cristobal
           5/34.99
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 18, 2016, 07:01:00 AM
Not sure if the Jam list is right...but who will know....
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on January 18, 2016, 07:02:32 AM
Not sure if the Jam list is right...but who will know....
....... or care......
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 18, 2016, 07:05:26 AM
good morning Chip and Dave. no snow here. 41° isn't ideal Florida weather but it is better than NY.
Short Story and coffee here.
31° here on the bayou so you got us beat at least.
it'll warm up in a few weeks, right? winters are short down here.
Yea, about two weeks.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: Bad Dad on January 18, 2016, 07:06:18 AM
Not sure if the Jam list is right...but who will know....
....... or care......
Good morning boys and girls....  It's a lovely 6 degrees here in St. Louis with wind chills of -10....
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 18, 2016, 07:10:48 AM
Native must be off today for the holiday and sleeping in a bit.
Correct!
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 18, 2016, 07:11:30 AM
Morning LSU, Golf, Dean, Travellin Dave and Frozen Dad.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 18, 2016, 07:13:02 AM
41 degrees here and clear but sure seems colder than that.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: Bad Dad on January 18, 2016, 07:15:29 AM
Morning LSU, Golf, Dean, Travellin Dave and Frozen Dad.
Brrrrr, my aluminum storm door is frozen...  It creeks and squeals with you open it.  I've got a routine doctors appointment this morning at 8:00 a.m.  Then I have to babysit the grandkids later this afternoon because my son and his wife have routine doctors appointments this afternoon.  We go to the same doctor, so he's going to see allot of the family today.. :)
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 18, 2016, 07:16:39 AM
Not sure if the Jam list is right...but who will know....
....... or care......
Good morning boys and girls....  It's a lovely 6 degrees here in St. Louis with wind chills of -10....
It's 8 here, but wind chills at -20. Guess it's pretty windy out there. Glad I'm inside with my little tiny personal heater going. Love this thing.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 18, 2016, 07:19:33 AM
Not sure if the Jam list is right...but who will know....
....... or care......
Good morning boys and girls....  It's a lovely 6 degrees here in St. Louis with wind chills of -10....
It's 8 here, but wind chills at -20. Guess it's pretty windy out there. Glad I'm inside with my little tiny personal heater going. Love this thing.
Sheesh that is cold,  I just checked and at my old place in the Ozarks it is 3 with a chill of -6.  Just like Dean says I don't want to go back there!
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: Bad Dad on January 18, 2016, 07:26:44 AM
Not sure if the Jam list is right...but who will know....
....... or care......
Good morning boys and girls....  It's a lovely 6 degrees here in St. Louis with wind chills of -10....
It's 8 here, but wind chills at -20. Guess it's pretty windy out there. Glad I'm inside with my little tiny personal heater going. Love this thing.
I walked outside to dump Petey's birdseed into the yard, and that temperature is a real waker upper..!
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 18, 2016, 07:26:58 AM
  8  Sam Leccia Luchador  El Hombre  Robusto  (5.0 x 54)
             10/37.50
  7  E.P. Carrillo Dark Ritual  Robusto  (5.0 x 50)
              5/21.50
  6  Alec Bradley Tempus Maduro
            10/39.99
  5  Casa Fernandez Miami Reserva  Robusto  (5.2 x 52)
             5/39.99
  4  Man O' War Ruination  Robusto  (5.5 x 54)
           10/37.50
  3  Herrera Esteli by Drew Estate  Piramide Fina  Belicoso  (6.0 x 52)
            5/36.00
  2  Nub Dub
          10/34.99
  1  San Cristobal
           5/34.99
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 18, 2016, 07:29:03 AM
Not sure if the Jam list is right...but who will know....
....... or care......
Good morning boys and girls....  It's a lovely 6 degrees here in St. Louis with wind chills of -10....
It's 8 here, but wind chills at -20. Guess it's pretty windy out there. Glad I'm inside with my little tiny personal heater going. Love this thing.
I walked outside to dump Petey's birdseed into the yard, and that temperature is a real waker upper..!
So what's Petey going to eat?
Next time put on some pants and shoes....
Morning BD.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 18, 2016, 07:32:13 AM
Not sure if the Jam list is right...but who will know....
....... or care......
Good morning boys and girls....  It's a lovely 6 degrees here in St. Louis with wind chills of -10....
It's 8 here, but wind chills at -20. Guess it's pretty windy out there. Glad I'm inside with my little tiny personal heater going. Love this thing.
A balmy 15 here this morning, but I'm sure Biebs is not riding his bike.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: Bad Dad on January 18, 2016, 07:33:09 AM
Not sure if the Jam list is right...but who will know....
....... or care......
Good morning boys and girls....  It's a lovely 6 degrees here in St. Louis with wind chills of -10....
It's 8 here, but wind chills at -20. Guess it's pretty windy out there. Glad I'm inside with my little tiny personal heater going. Love this thing.
I walked outside to dump Petey's birdseed into the yard, and that temperature is a real waker upper..!
So what's Petey going to eat?
Next time put on some pants and shoes....
Morning BD.
I had my jammies and flip flops on....  I have about 4 lbs of birdseed for Petey, so I think he's stocked up for the winter.  But the wild birds know where I throw his seed cup, and they stop by every morning.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 18, 2016, 07:34:37 AM
Not sure if the Jam list is right...but who will know....
....... or care......
Good morning boys and girls....  It's a lovely 6 degrees here in St. Louis with wind chills of -10....
It's 8 here, but wind chills at -20. Guess it's pretty windy out there. Glad I'm inside with my little tiny personal heater going. Love this thing.
Sheesh that is cold,  I just checked and at my old place in the Ozarks it is 3 with a chill of -6.  Just like Dean says I don't want to go back there!
I was watching Beachfront Bargain Hunt last night. Definitely had me dreaming of a warmer climate.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 18, 2016, 07:35:10 AM
Native must be off today for the holiday and sleeping in a bit.
Correct!
I am off Friday too so a 3-day week for me.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 18, 2016, 07:36:07 AM
Not sure if the Jam list is right...but who will know....
....... or care......
Good morning boys and girls....  It's a lovely 6 degrees here in St. Louis with wind chills of -10....
It's 8 here, but wind chills at -20. Guess it's pretty windy out there. Glad I'm inside with my little tiny personal heater going. Love this thing.
Sheesh that is cold,  I just checked and at my old place in the Ozarks it is 3 with a chill of -6.  Just like Dean says I don't want to go back there!
I was watching Beachfront Bargain Hunt last night. Definitely had me dreaming of a warmer climate.
LOL watched that myself until Rambo came on.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 18, 2016, 07:37:52 AM
Got to get another cup of HOT coffee, may be colder in this house than outside.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 18, 2016, 07:41:50 AM
Not sure if the Jam list is right...but who will know....
....... or care......
Good morning boys and girls....  It's a lovely 6 degrees here in St. Louis with wind chills of -10....
It's 8 here, but wind chills at -20. Guess it's pretty windy out there. Glad I'm inside with my little tiny personal heater going. Love this thing.
Sheesh that is cold,  I just checked and at my old place in the Ozarks it is 3 with a chill of -6.  Just like Dean says I don't want to go back there!
I was watching Beachfront Bargain Hunt last night. Definitely had me dreaming of a warmer climate.
Got your entries in for the HGTV Dream Home?
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 18, 2016, 07:42:44 AM
Not sure if the Jam list is right...but who will know....
....... or care......
Good morning boys and girls....  It's a lovely 6 degrees here in St. Louis with wind chills of -10....
It's 8 here, but wind chills at -20. Guess it's pretty windy out there. Glad I'm inside with my little tiny personal heater going. Love this thing.
Sheesh that is cold,  I just checked and at my old place in the Ozarks it is 3 with a chill of -6.  Just like Dean says I don't want to go back there!
I was watching Beachfront Bargain Hunt last night. Definitely had me dreaming of a warmer climate.
Got your entries in for the HGTV Dream Home?
I'm thinking I wouldn't be able to afford the taxes on the prize.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 18, 2016, 07:44:53 AM
Not sure if the Jam list is right...but who will know....
....... or care......
Good morning boys and girls....  It's a lovely 6 degrees here in St. Louis with wind chills of -10....
It's 8 here, but wind chills at -20. Guess it's pretty windy out there. Glad I'm inside with my little tiny personal heater going. Love this thing.
Sheesh that is cold,  I just checked and at my old place in the Ozarks it is 3 with a chill of -6.  Just like Dean says I don't want to go back there!
I was watching Beachfront Bargain Hunt last night. Definitely had me dreaming of a warmer climate.
Got your entries in for the HGTV Dream Home?
I'm thinking I wouldn't be able to afford the taxes on the prize.
They give you $250,000 cash with it now for that reason, all the winners were losing the houses to taxes .
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 18, 2016, 07:47:41 AM
Not sure if the Jam list is right...but who will know....
....... or care......
Good morning boys and girls....  It's a lovely 6 degrees here in St. Louis with wind chills of -10....
It's 8 here, but wind chills at -20. Guess it's pretty windy out there. Glad I'm inside with my little tiny personal heater going. Love this thing.
Sheesh that is cold,  I just checked and at my old place in the Ozarks it is 3 with a chill of -6.  Just like Dean says I don't want to go back there!
I was watching Beachfront Bargain Hunt last night. Definitely had me dreaming of a warmer climate.
Got your entries in for the HGTV Dream Home?
I'm thinking I wouldn't be able to afford the taxes on the prize.
I have been to some of the places on that beachfront bargains show and you most of that stuff is BS.   Key West was on last night and good luck finding something there for those prices.

That canal front stuff was lot prices.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 18, 2016, 07:48:34 AM
Not sure if the Jam list is right...but who will know....
....... or care......
Good morning boys and girls....  It's a lovely 6 degrees here in St. Louis with wind chills of -10....
It's 8 here, but wind chills at -20. Guess it's pretty windy out there. Glad I'm inside with my little tiny personal heater going. Love this thing.
Sheesh that is cold,  I just checked and at my old place in the Ozarks it is 3 with a chill of -6.  Just like Dean says I don't want to go back there!
I was watching Beachfront Bargain Hunt last night. Definitely had me dreaming of a warmer climate.
Got your entries in for the HGTV Dream Home?
I'm thinking I wouldn't be able to afford the taxes on the prize.
They give you $250,000 cash with it now for that reason, all the winners were losing the houses to taxes .
Oh, well, in that case. I think a lot of those shows where they remodel your house and totally pimp it out had the same problem. You increase the value of a poor person's house that much, now they can't afford the taxes on their home worth 3x more than it used to be.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 18, 2016, 07:49:35 AM
[...]

That's the one I was watching, that and the next one which was in South America somewhere. I love how the first thing the agent always says after they give them their wants and budget is, "well, that might be a little difficult..."
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 18, 2016, 07:50:41 AM
[...]
In many places including this one that would be true.  At least here it would be a while because they can't raise them on an existing structure over 10% per year.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 18, 2016, 07:53:52 AM
[...]

With those budgets that would usually be true and then they are disappointed in what they look at.  What kills me on all those show is they go look at houses with no ipdea what the price is before getting there and sometimes after they have finished looking at it when they get the price.  It is obviously all staged and at least mostly fake.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: Bad Dad on January 18, 2016, 07:56:03 AM
Got to get another cup of HOT coffee, may be colder in this house than outside.
No coffee for me this morning. I don't want it to effect my blood pressure this morning.  Hopefully, after the doctor we can go to Steak 'n Shake for breakfast and of course coffee... :)
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on January 18, 2016, 07:58:34 AM
good morning Dave and Dad. was cooking breakfast.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 18, 2016, 07:59:27 AM
[...]

Same thing my dad said - at least research the area first before going down there, looking like an idiot.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 18, 2016, 08:00:13 AM
Tony Again?

Traveller sends handwritten plea for help to flight attendant about a nearby passenger 'farting in rows 10 to 12'

Disgruntled passenger asked if flight attendant could make announcement
Note has gone viral after flight attendant's child posted a photo to Reddit
'Whoever is farting in rows 10 to 12 should definitely see a doctor,' it reads

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-3403408/Traveller-sends-handwritten-plea-help-flight-attendant-nearby-passenger-farting-rows-10-12.html#ixzz3xbHrCUPd
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: Bad Dad on January 18, 2016, 08:02:47 AM
Not sure if the Jam list is right...but who will know....
....... or care......
Good morning boys and girls....  It's a lovely 6 degrees here in St. Louis with wind chills of -10....
It's 8 here, but wind chills at -20. Guess it's pretty windy out there. Glad I'm inside with my little tiny personal heater going. Love this thing.
Sheesh that is cold,  I just checked and at my old place in the Ozarks it is 3 with a chill of -6.  Just like Dean says I don't want to go back there!
I was watching Beachfront Bargain Hunt last night. Definitely had me dreaming of a warmer climate.
Got your entries in for the HGTV Dream Home?
I'm thinking I wouldn't be able to afford the taxes on the prize.
I was wondering the same thing.  I think I did see one time where the family started taking out loans on the house.  You get a $300,000 to $400,000 house and then take out around $800,000 worth of loans.  I could see that...
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: Bad Dad on January 18, 2016, 08:08:06 AM
Tony Again?

Traveller sends handwritten plea for help to flight attendant about a nearby passenger 'farting in rows 10 to 12'

Disgruntled passenger asked if flight attendant could make announcement
Note has gone viral after flight attendant's child posted a photo to Reddit
'Whoever is farting in rows 10 to 12 should definitely see a doctor,' it reads

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-3403408/Traveller-sends-handwritten-plea-help-flight-attendant-nearby-passenger-farting-rows-10-12.html#ixzz3xbHrCUPd
I used to work with a guy that just smelled terrible.  You could tell that he always took a shower, clean shaven, and his clothes were always cleaned and starched.  I'm sure he had some sort of medical condition.  But when he walked buy you could smell him for the next 4 minutes.  I felt very sorry for the guy, but I never heard anyone say anything to him about it.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 18, 2016, 08:10:28 AM
[...]

And he'll never know, cause no one ever will.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 18, 2016, 08:15:13 AM
  9  Ave Maria St. George  Belicoso  (6.0 x 54)
              5/27.50
  8  Sam Leccia Luchador  El Hombre  Robusto  (5.0 x 54)
             10/37.50
  7  E.P. Carrillo Dark Ritual  Robusto  (5.0 x 50)
              5/21.50
  6  Alec Bradley Tempus Maduro
            10/39.99
  5  Casa Fernandez Miami Reserva  Robusto  (5.2 x 52)
             5/39.99
  4  Man O' War Ruination  Robusto  (5.5 x 54)
           10/37.50
  3  Herrera Esteli by Drew Estate  Piramide Fina  Belicoso  (6.0 x 52)
            5/36.00
  2  Nub Dub
          10/34.99
  1  San Cristobal
           5/34.99
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on January 18, 2016, 08:23:00 AM
[...]

I've had to councel numerous employees on their personal hygiene and it's a very sensitive subject with HR and union reps. hard to tell a guy he stinks delicately.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 18, 2016, 08:25:11 AM
World tennis hit by match-fixing reports, authorities back integrity unit

http://news.yahoo.com/tennis-world-tennis-hit-match-fixing-reports-authorities-060829512--ten.html;_ylt=A0LEV1cq55xWL4sAJm7BGOd_;_ylu=X3oDMTByMjB0aG5zBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzYw--

Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on January 18, 2016, 08:25:11 AM
hot Italian sausage, scrambled eggs with peppers ready.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 18, 2016, 08:27:32 AM
hot Italian sausage, scrambled eggs with peppers ready.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: Bad Dad on January 18, 2016, 08:28:21 AM
It's time for me to leave...  Later guys...
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: Bad Dad on January 18, 2016, 08:31:10 AM
hot Italian sausage, scrambled eggs with peppers ready.
I've taken Alka Seltzer for so long, I actually enjoy the flavor.  Years ago I would convince myself that I was in the desert and dying of thirst and had to drink it.  Anyway, I still have to go, 8:00am appointment.  bye.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on January 18, 2016, 08:31:22 AM
It's time for me to leave...  Later guys...
later Dad.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: CigarGuy87 on January 18, 2016, 08:38:58 AM
Good morning fellas
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 18, 2016, 08:43:16 AM
Good morning fellas
Morning, FrozenTundraShaun.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: CigarGuy87 on January 18, 2016, 08:43:56 AM
Good morning fellas
Morning, FrozenTundraShaun.
Damnit it's cold, lol.  We should see +0 today, or tomorrow.  Haven't seen it since Friday, I think...GMornin Dave
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on January 18, 2016, 08:44:16 AM
Good morning fellas
morning Shaun.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: CigarGuy87 on January 18, 2016, 08:46:36 AM
Good morning fellas
morning Shaun.
Good mornin Dean
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 18, 2016, 08:47:45 AM
Good morning fellas
Morning, FrozenTundraShaun.
Damnit it's cold, lol.  We should see +0 today, or tomorrow.  Haven't seen it since Friday, I think...GMornin Dave
Well hey, that's something!
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 18, 2016, 08:51:31 AM
It's time for me to leave...  Later guys...
Can't wait to get that prostate checked I guess...
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: CigarGuy87 on January 18, 2016, 08:52:13 AM
Good morning fellas
Morning, FrozenTundraShaun.
Damnit it's cold, lol.  We should see +0 today, or tomorrow.  Haven't seen it since Friday, I think...GMornin Dave
Well hey, that's something!
It's only getting colder as the day goes on, so I think tomorrow is our best chance to see 0 :(
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 18, 2016, 08:52:27 AM
Morning YellowStar.  Don't think 0 is a plus number....just sayin'
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: CigarGuy87 on January 18, 2016, 08:52:43 AM
It's time for me to leave...  Later guys...
Can't wait to get that prostate checked I guess...
First in line!  Later Dad, don't fight it ;)  Good morning Dave
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 18, 2016, 09:01:34 AM
Edge a Go Go....definitely a Monday.... :-\
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 18, 2016, 09:05:10 AM
Decent new smoke sampler.  Use Stogie10 for discount (no FS)
https://www.smokeinn.com/Cigar-Dojo-2015-Top-5-Cigars-of-the-Year-Sampler-Buy.html
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 18, 2016, 09:06:27 AM
Edge a Go Go....definitely a Monday.... :-\
More like the goose shit everywhere
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 18, 2016, 09:07:43 AM
It's time for me to leave...  Later guys...
Can't wait to get that prostate checked I guess...
First in line!  Later Dad, don't fight it ;)  Good morning Dave
Use a young cute female doctor, much easier to relax the appropriate muscle that way
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: CigarGuy87 on January 18, 2016, 09:08:47 AM
Morning YellowStar.  Don't think 0 is a plus number....just sayin'
It ain't -, so I'm just tryin to be positive, lol (literally) ;)
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: CigarGuy87 on January 18, 2016, 09:09:28 AM
It's time for me to leave...  Later guys...
Can't wait to get that prostate checked I guess...
First in line!  Later Dad, don't fight it ;)  Good morning Dave
Use a young cute female doctor, much easier to relax the appropriate muscle that way
That poor girl, don't scar her Dad!   ;D
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: CigarGuy87 on January 18, 2016, 09:14:17 AM
Another K-dash tape
http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/khloe-kardashian-reveals-she-made-a-sex-tape-with-lamar-odom-w161928 (http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/khloe-kardashian-reveals-she-made-a-sex-tape-with-lamar-odom-w161928)
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: ss2 on January 18, 2016, 09:14:48 AM
Good morning all!
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 18, 2016, 09:16:44 AM
Another K-dash tape
http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/khloe-kardashian-reveals-she-made-a-sex-tape-with-lamar-odom-w161928 (http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/khloe-kardashian-reveals-she-made-a-sex-tape-with-lamar-odom-w161928)
Think she's a dead fish like her sister?
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 18, 2016, 09:21:08 AM
Another K-dash tape
http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/khloe-kardashian-reveals-she-made-a-sex-tape-with-lamar-odom-w161928 (http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/khloe-kardashian-reveals-she-made-a-sex-tape-with-lamar-odom-w161928)
Think she's a dead fish like her sister?
Most likely.  I think they all have teeth too.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 18, 2016, 09:23:18 AM
10  Joya de Nicaragua Red  Toro  (6.0 x 52)
             10/34.99
  9  Ave Maria St. George  Belicoso  (6.0 x 54)
              5/27.50
  8  Sam Leccia Luchador  El Hombre  Robusto  (5.0 x 54)
             10/37.50
  7  E.P. Carrillo Dark Ritual  Robusto  (5.0 x 50)
              5/21.50
  6  Alec Bradley Tempus Maduro
            10/39.99
  5  Casa Fernandez Miami Reserva  Robusto  (5.2 x 52)
             5/39.99
  4  Man O' War Ruination  Robusto  (5.5 x 54)
           10/37.50
  3  Herrera Esteli by Drew Estate  Piramide Fina  Belicoso  (6.0 x 52)
            5/36.00
  2  Nub Dub
          10/34.99
  1  San Cristobal
           5/34.99
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 18, 2016, 09:24:45 AM
While waiting for a free ship code, put these JdN Reds in your cart to qualify the shipping.  Solid cigar and size.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: ss2 on January 18, 2016, 09:33:22 AM
anyone tried these Espinosas yet?  hype looks interesting
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 18, 2016, 09:35:10 AM
Good morning, gents.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: Threebean on January 18, 2016, 09:35:46 AM
hot Italian sausage, scrambled eggs with peppers ready.
"Relief is just a swallow away".  Really, no one?  TWHS
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 18, 2016, 09:36:19 AM
Morning SS, CG and Mayor T
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 18, 2016, 09:37:17 AM
Had to take my truck to the shop and drop it off for some new shocks.  Now a little breakfast then on to fence building.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 18, 2016, 09:38:14 AM
anyone tried these Espinosas yet?  hype looks interesting
Good morning, Sam. Yes, I've had a couple and liked them. Not enough to be enticed by $32.50. I'd buy them at half the price.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 18, 2016, 09:38:36 AM
While waiting for a free ship code, put these JdN Reds in your cart to qualify the shipping.  Solid cigar and size.
Don't forget 20% off code(s) good till Januaery 31
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: Threebean on January 18, 2016, 09:38:40 AM
Had to take my truck to the shop and drop it off for some new shocks.  Now a little breakfast then on to fence building.
Didn't you just put $1100 into that thing?  Sheesh.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 18, 2016, 09:39:00 AM
Morning SS, CG and Mayor T
Good morning, TXDave.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 18, 2016, 09:39:51 AM
hot Italian sausage, scrambled eggs with peppers ready.
"Relief is just a swallow away".  Really, no one?  TWHS
The rest of us are mature adults.  TWSS
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 18, 2016, 09:40:05 AM
Morning Bean
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 18, 2016, 09:40:37 AM

...Short Story and coffee here.
TWSS!

Good morning, Mark.

Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: CigarGuy87 on January 18, 2016, 09:40:59 AM
Another K-dash tape
http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/khloe-kardashian-reveals-she-made-a-sex-tape-with-lamar-odom-w161928 (http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/khloe-kardashian-reveals-she-made-a-sex-tape-with-lamar-odom-w161928)
Think she's a dead fish like her sister?
I think she's the freak...
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 18, 2016, 09:41:32 AM
Had to take my truck to the shop and drop it off for some new shocks.  Now a little breakfast then on to fence building.
Didn't you just put $1100 into that thing?  Sheesh.
Yep but had to have shocks too.  Shit is just ridiculously expensive anymore.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 18, 2016, 09:42:15 AM

Another K-dash tape
http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/khloe-kardashian-reveals-she-made-a-sex-tape-with-lamar-odom-w161928 (http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/khloe-kardashian-reveals-she-made-a-sex-tape-with-lamar-odom-w161928)
Think she's a dead fish like her sister?
I think she's the freak...

+1 on Khloe, but in a good way.  ;)
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 18, 2016, 09:43:23 AM
Another K-dash tape
http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/khloe-kardashian-reveals-she-made-a-sex-tape-with-lamar-odom-w161928 (http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/khloe-kardashian-reveals-she-made-a-sex-tape-with-lamar-odom-w161928)
Think she's a dead fish like her sister?
I think she's the freak...
Well, I'm guessing we'll find out soon enough.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: Threebean on January 18, 2016, 09:46:52 AM
hot Italian sausage, scrambled eggs with peppers ready.
"Relief is just a swallow away".  Really, no one?  TWHS
The rest of us are mature adults.  TWSS
No, TNWSS, for sure.  In fact, pretty sure it was a woman who tagged the original CI banter as full of knuckledraggers.  Anyone remember the details of that momentous day?
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 18, 2016, 09:48:45 AM
12  Gurkha Black Dragon  Imperial Presidente  Churchill  (7.0 x 56)
             10/39.99
11  Espinosa Laranja Reserva  Robusto  (5.5 x 54)
               5/32.50
10  Joya de Nicaragua Red  Toro  (6.0 x 52)
             10/34.99
  9  Ave Maria St. George  Belicoso  (6.0 x 54)
              5/27.50
  8  Sam Leccia Luchador  El Hombre  Robusto  (5.0 x 54)
             10/37.50
  7  E.P. Carrillo Dark Ritual  Robusto  (5.0 x 50)
              5/21.50
  6  Alec Bradley Tempus Maduro
            10/39.99
  5  Casa Fernandez Miami Reserva  Robusto  (5.2 x 52)
             5/39.99
  4  Man O' War Ruination  Robusto  (5.5 x 54)
           10/37.50
  3  Herrera Esteli by Drew Estate  Piramide Fina  Belicoso  (6.0 x 52)
            5/36.00
  2  Nub Dub
          10/34.99
  1  San Cristobal
           5/34.99
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: Threebean on January 18, 2016, 09:48:57 AM
Had to take my truck to the shop and drop it off for some new shocks.  Now a little breakfast then on to fence building.
Didn't you just put $1100 into that thing?  Sheesh.
Yep but had to have shocks too.  Shit is just ridiculously expensive anymore.
Plus you'll have to put dough into the Toyota to make it road worthy.  Just do like BD and get yourself a Honda.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 18, 2016, 09:50:08 AM
hot Italian sausage, scrambled eggs with peppers ready.
"Relief is just a swallow away".  Really, no one?  TWHS
The rest of us are mature adults.  TWSS
No, TNWSS, for sure.  In fact, pretty sure it was a woman who tagged the original CI banter as full of knuckledraggers.  Anyone remember the details of that momentous day?
Yes, I remember the incident. But no to the details. Don't even remember the details about my own kids.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 18, 2016, 09:52:26 AM
Had to take my truck to the shop and drop it off for some new shocks.  Now a little breakfast then on to fence building.
Didn't you just put $1100 into that thing?  Sheesh.
Yep but had to have shocks too.  Shit is just ridiculously expensive anymore.
Plus you'll have to put dough into the Toyota to make it road worthy.  Just do like BD and get yourself a Honda.
Hah, I could come close to buying a Honda for what I am putting in that Toyota but at least the resale value is better too.  Unlike BD the warden is not allowed to drive that Toyota.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 18, 2016, 09:55:55 AM
anyone tried these Espinosas yet?  hype looks interesting
I know this is too late for you to buy them ( unless you put them in your cart), but I think they are far and away the best Espinosa produced cigars I've had.  Not a real big fan of his lines overall, but these have a unique and refreshing flavor profile.  Must have used some quality tobacco as reflected in the price (which I think is a little high).  As far as an every once and a while change of pace cigar, I highly recommend.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 18, 2016, 09:57:39 AM
Had to take my truck to the shop and drop it off for some new shocks.  Now a little breakfast then on to fence building.
Didn't you just put $1100 into that thing?  Sheesh.
Yep but had to have shocks too.  Shit is just ridiculously expensive anymore.
Plus you'll have to put dough into the Toyota to make it road worthy.  Just do like BD and get yourself a Honda.
Hah, I could come close to buying a Honda for what I am putting in that Toyota but at least the resale value is better too.  Unlike BD the warden is not allowed to drive that Toyota.
You also don't have the fancy electronic thingamagiggers and automatic dohickies that BD does.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 18, 2016, 10:00:09 AM
anyone tried these Espinosas yet?  hype looks interesting
I know this is too late for you to buy them ( unless you put them in your cart), but I think they are far and away the best Espinosa produced cigars I've had.  Not a real big fan of his lines overall, but these have a unique and refreshing flavor profile.  Must have used some quality tobacco as reflected in the price (which I think is a little high).  As far as an every once and a while change of pace cigar, I highly recommend.
I put some in the cart for later FS use and they are only about $27 with the happy20.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 18, 2016, 10:00:54 AM
hot Italian sausage, scrambled eggs with peppers ready.
"Relief is just a swallow away".  Really, no one?  TWHS
The rest of us are mature adults.  TWSS
No, TNWSS, for sure.  In fact, pretty sure it was a woman who tagged the original CI banter as full of knuckledraggers.  Anyone remember the details of that momentous day?
I think that was before my time, but whoever she was, she was clearly quite perceptive.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 18, 2016, 10:03:01 AM
Had to take my truck to the shop and drop it off for some new shocks.  Now a little breakfast then on to fence building.
Didn't you just put $1100 into that thing?  Sheesh.
Yep but had to have shocks too.  Shit is just ridiculously expensive anymore.
Plus you'll have to put dough into the Toyota to make it road worthy.  Just do like BD and get yourself a Honda.
Hah, I could come close to buying a Honda for what I am putting in that Toyota but at least the resale value is better too.  Unlike BD the warden is not allowed to drive that Toyota.
You also don't have the fancy electronic thingamagiggers and automatic dohickies that BD does.
Nor do I want them!  No A/C either but I take the top and doors off in the warm months anyway, do have heat though.  Choke is operated by pull cable with a knob on the dash. ;)
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 18, 2016, 10:05:47 AM
Had to take my truck to the shop and drop it off for some new shocks.  Now a little breakfast then on to fence building.
Didn't you just put $1100 into that thing?  Sheesh.
Yep but had to have shocks too.  Shit is just ridiculously expensive anymore.
Plus you'll have to put dough into the Toyota to make it road worthy.  Just do like BD and get yourself a Honda.
Hah, I could come close to buying a Honda for what I am putting in that Toyota but at least the resale value is better too.  Unlike BD the warden is not allowed to drive that Toyota.
You also don't have the fancy electronic thingamagiggers and automatic dohickies that BD does.
Nor do I want them!  No A/C either but I take the top and doors off in the warm months anyway, do have heat though.  Choke is operated by pull cable with a knob on the dash. ;)
Do you have a crank on the front to start it up, too?
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: ss2 on January 18, 2016, 10:09:39 AM
anyone tried these Espinosas yet?  hype looks interesting
Good morning, Sam. Yes, I've had a couple and liked them. Not enough to be enticed by $32.50. I'd buy them at half the price.
Good morning Tony.  Thanks!  i'll wait to see if i can get a couple in a sampler or something then.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 18, 2016, 10:10:29 AM
[...]
Not quite that old, I think it it is about your age actually, '78 model is that close?  Sure as hell older than CG.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 18, 2016, 10:15:18 AM
[...]
Lol, yep, born in '79.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 18, 2016, 10:16:16 AM
hot Italian sausage, scrambled eggs with peppers ready.
"Relief is just a swallow away".  Really, no one?  TWHS
The rest of us are mature adults.  TWSS
No, TNWSS, for sure.  In fact, pretty sure it was a woman who tagged the original CI banter as full of knuckledraggers.  Anyone remember the details of that momentous day?
I think that was before my time, but whoever she was, she was clearly quite perceptive.
It's not like it takes a rocket surgeon.... ::)
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 18, 2016, 10:16:51 AM
Morning Sam, BasementDwellingTony and Mr. Bean.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 18, 2016, 10:17:35 AM
Where are all the Gurkha lovers at? 86% off! Get 'em while they're hot!!
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 18, 2016, 10:17:53 AM
[...]
Damn, I was already out of college.....I'm fukkin' old!
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: CigarGuy87 on January 18, 2016, 10:18:32 AM
Morning Sam, BasementDwellingTony and Mr. Bean.
Mornin gents!
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: CigarGuy87 on January 18, 2016, 10:18:46 AM
Where are all the Gurkha lovers at? 86% off! Get 'em while they're hot!!
Owww Owwwwww - free knives too?!?!?
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 18, 2016, 10:18:52 AM
Where are all the Gurkha lovers at? 86% off! Get 'em while they're hot!!
Guess even Gurkha lovers don't like these...
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: sfish on January 18, 2016, 10:19:14 AM
Not sure if the Jam list is right...but who will know....
....... or care......
Good morning boys and girls....  It's a lovely 6 degrees here in St. Louis with wind chills of -10....
It's 8 here, but wind chills at -20. Guess it's pretty windy out there. Glad I'm inside with my little tiny personal heater going. Love this thing.
A balmy 15 here this morning, but I'm sure Biebs is not riding his bike.
I'm actually off today, site closed for the holiday
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 18, 2016, 10:19:33 AM
[...]
LOL I was long out of college.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 18, 2016, 10:20:28 AM
[...]
We're still talking about his truck, right?
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 18, 2016, 10:21:10 AM
Not sure if the Jam list is right...but who will know....
....... or care......
Good morning boys and girls....  It's a lovely 6 degrees here in St. Louis with wind chills of -10....
It's 8 here, but wind chills at -20. Guess it's pretty windy out there. Glad I'm inside with my little tiny personal heater going. Love this thing.
A balmy 15 here this morning, but I'm sure Biebs is not riding his bike.
I'm actually off today, site closed for the holiday
Slept in?  Good for you.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 18, 2016, 10:21:57 AM
[...]
Cruiser was produced in October '78, first year produced with disk brakes.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 18, 2016, 10:22:17 AM
[...]
LALTS
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 18, 2016, 10:24:14 AM
[...]
LMAO, that is a good one. :)
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: CigarGuy87 on January 18, 2016, 10:24:45 AM
[...]
Are you my father?  ;D
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 18, 2016, 10:26:29 AM
[...]
Can't deny it but sure don't claim it. ;D. You are a little younger than the son I claim.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 18, 2016, 10:31:16 AM
Biggest issue with vintage cars now is that Fuk'n ethanol laced fuel, Fuk's everything up from the gas tank to the Pistons.  Thanks Obama!

And now CA wants to raise the minimum ethanol from 10% to 20%, Commies deserve it.   Funny, recently on his car show Jay Leno was ranting about ethanol requirements.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 18, 2016, 10:33:38 AM
Damn, getting colder here was 42 early and now 39.

7 day forecast has us in the 60's and even some 70's everyday.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 18, 2016, 10:39:20 AM
Damn, getting colder here was 42 early and now 39.

7 day forecast has us in the 60's and even some 70's everyday.
We're in the 60s for the next 3 days also, provided we're talking cumulative. ;)
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 18, 2016, 10:41:41 AM
Biggest issue with vintage cars now is that Fuk'n ethanol laced fuel, Fuk's everything up from the gas tank to the Pistons.  Thanks Obama!

And now CA wants to raise the minimum ethanol from 10% to 20%, Commies deserve it.   Funny, recently on his car show Jay Leno was ranting about ethanol requirements.
For the time being we should be safe (except CA that uses little common sense in their laws) as ethanol is more expensive to produce than gas.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 18, 2016, 10:43:54 AM
Damn, getting colder here was 42 early and now 39.

7 day forecast has us in the 60's and even some 70's everyday.
We're in the 60s for the next 3 days also, provided we're talking cumulative. ;)
Damn, you'd think it was January or something...
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 18, 2016, 10:45:12 AM
Damn, getting colder here was 42 early and now 39.

7 day forecast has us in the 60's and even some 70's everyday.
We're in the 60s for the next 3 days also, provided we're talking cumulative. ;)
Damn, you'd think it was January or something...
Cumulative we will be around 105-110
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 18, 2016, 10:47:05 AM
Biggest issue with vintage cars now is that Fuk'n ethanol laced fuel, Fuk's everything up from the gas tank to the Pistons.  Thanks Obama!

And now CA wants to raise the minimum ethanol from 10% to 20%, Commies deserve it.   Funny, recently on his car show Jay Leno was ranting about ethanol requirements.
For the time being we should be safe (except CA that uses little common sense in their laws) as ethanol is more expensive to produce than gas.
True but the govt heavily subsidizes it so effectively it is much cheaper in the market.  Thanks Obama and George W.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 18, 2016, 10:48:12 AM
Guess I will get to my fence work.  Must pick out a construction cigar first.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 18, 2016, 10:48:46 AM
Damn, getting colder here was 42 early and now 39.

7 day forecast has us in the 60's and even some 70's everyday.
We're in the 60s for the next 3 days also, provided we're talking cumulative. ;)
Damn, you'd think it was January or something...
I don't care what month it is, it's still bullshit.  :D
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: ss2 on January 18, 2016, 10:49:36 AM
Good morning TR & Bean.  Tr, had a 1950 Willey's Jeep back a lifetime ago or so and didn't have a top, so i can relate to 1/2 of that.  a bit cold in the winter months, but spent many a cold December day playing in the snow with it.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: ss2 on January 18, 2016, 10:50:22 AM
Morning Sam, BasementDwellingTony and Mr. Bean.
Mornin Dave!
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 18, 2016, 10:51:50 AM
Good morning TR & Bean.  Tr, had a 1950 Willey's Jeep back a lifetime ago or so and didn't have a top, so i can relate to 1/2 of that.  a bit cold in the winter months, but spent many a cold December day playing in the snow with it.
Playing in the snow with your Willey sounds too cold to me.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: ss2 on January 18, 2016, 10:53:24 AM
Morning Sam, BasementDwellingTony and Mr. Bean.
Mornin gents!
Hi CG!
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: CigarGuy87 on January 18, 2016, 10:57:49 AM
Morning Sam, BasementDwellingTony and Mr. Bean.
Mornin gents!
Hi CG!
How was your weekend Sam, get any smoking in?
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: ss2 on January 18, 2016, 10:57:52 AM
Good morning TR & Bean.  Tr, had a 1950 Willey's Jeep back a lifetime ago or so and didn't have a top, so i can relate to 1/2 of that.  a bit cold in the winter months, but spent many a cold December day playing in the snow with it.
Playing in the snow with your Willey sounds too cold to me.
actually, to be correct, I was driving the Willy's Jeep in the snow...you're correct, it was way too cold to be playing with the Willey out there.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 18, 2016, 10:59:24 AM
Good morning TR & Bean.  Tr, had a 1950 Willey's Jeep back a lifetime ago or so and didn't have a top, so i can relate to 1/2 of that.  a bit cold in the winter months, but spent many a cold December day playing in the snow with it.
Playing in the snow with your Willey sounds too cold to me.
actually, to be correct, I was driving the Willy's Jeep in the snow...you're correct, it was way too cold to be playing with the Willey out there.
Probably causes some significant shrinkage, too.
(http://45.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lk9igrFVUR1qj9qhto1_500.gif)
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 18, 2016, 11:10:54 AM
Thought I was gonna get out of my meeting today cause my manager was snowed in for awhile, but looks like she made it in. Blerg.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: ss2 on January 18, 2016, 11:23:27 AM
Morning Sam, BasementDwellingTony and Mr. Bean.
Mornin gents!
Hi CG!
How was your weekend Sam, get any smoking in?
good weekend Shaun, thanks.  yep, smoked one of the mega nica Rusticas I received last week,  damn good smoke, but lasted close to 2 hrs.  also had a Diesel Uncut connie.  I think I like them better than the original.  also worked in a Sam Leccia White robusto.  never had one and was impressed.  good smoke!  Had a 6-pack of Dogfish 60 min so pretty much drank on that over the weekend.  how about you?  You get a chance to smoke anything?
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: ss2 on January 18, 2016, 11:24:09 AM
Good morning TR & Bean.  Tr, had a 1950 Willey's Jeep back a lifetime ago or so and didn't have a top, so i can relate to 1/2 of that.  a bit cold in the winter months, but spent many a cold December day playing in the snow with it.
Playing in the snow with your Willey sounds too cold to me.
actually, to be correct, I was driving the Willy's Jeep in the snow...you're correct, it was way too cold to be playing with the Willey out there.
Probably causes some significant shrinkage, too.
(http://45.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lk9igrFVUR1qj9qhto1_500.gif)
some days it worked as a pretty good bladder plug it was in so far...
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: ss2 on January 18, 2016, 11:24:49 AM
Guess I will get to my fence work.  Must pick out a construction cigar first.
Have to get the priorities straight!
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 18, 2016, 11:34:51 AM
Morning Sam, BasementDwellingTony and Mr. Bean.
Mornin gents!
Hi CG!
How was your weekend Sam, get any smoking in?
good weekend Shaun, thanks.  yep, smoked one of the mega nica Rusticas I received last week,  damn good smoke, but lasted close to 2 hrs.  also had a Diesel Uncut connie.  I think I like them better than the original.  also worked in a Sam Leccia White robusto.  never had one and was impressed.  good smoke!  Had a 6-pack of Dogfish 60 min so pretty much drank on that over the weekend.  how about you?  You get a chance to smoke anything?
Had an Uncut Connie after the game last night myself.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 18, 2016, 11:35:32 AM
Those Gurkha Dragons are sure draggin'......
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: ss2 on January 18, 2016, 11:40:05 AM
Where are all the Gurkha lovers at? 86% off! Get 'em while they're hot!!
Guess even Gurkha lovers don't like these...
Actually the Black Dragons are one of their better blends.  just not crazy about the size.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: ss2 on January 18, 2016, 11:40:52 AM
Morning Sam, BasementDwellingTony and Mr. Bean.
Mornin gents!
Hi CG!
How was your weekend Sam, get any smoking in?
good weekend Shaun, thanks.  yep, smoked one of the mega nica Rusticas I received last week,  damn good smoke, but lasted close to 2 hrs.  also had a Diesel Uncut connie.  I think I like them better than the original.  also worked in a Sam Leccia White robusto.  never had one and was impressed.  good smoke!  Had a 6-pack of Dogfish 60 min so pretty much drank on that over the weekend.  how about you?  You get a chance to smoke anything?
Had an Uncut Connie after the game last night myself.
So, waddaya think?
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 18, 2016, 11:43:37 AM
Ok, meeting time. Hopefully, the Gurks will be gone by the time I get back.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 18, 2016, 11:46:13 AM
Morning Sam, BasementDwellingTony and Mr. Bean.
Mornin gents!
Hi CG!
How was your weekend Sam, get any smoking in?
good weekend Shaun, thanks.  yep, smoked one of the mega nica Rusticas I received last week,  damn good smoke, but lasted close to 2 hrs.  also had a Diesel Uncut connie.  I think I like them better than the original.  also worked in a Sam Leccia White robusto.  never had one and was impressed.  good smoke!  Had a 6-pack of Dogfish 60 min so pretty much drank on that over the weekend.  how about you?  You get a chance to smoke anything?
Had an Uncut Connie after the game last night myself.
So, waddaya think?
Enjoy them quite a bit.  I've had a number of them already and agree with you that I prefer them over the original Uncut.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 18, 2016, 11:51:58 AM
Time to get something for lunch, BBL.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: ss2 on January 18, 2016, 11:57:17 AM
desk lunch today.  made chicken pot pie yesterday.  tasty (even if i must say so myself)!
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: CigarGuy87 on January 18, 2016, 12:07:25 PM
Morning Sam, BasementDwellingTony and Mr. Bean.
Mornin gents!
Hi CG!
How was your weekend Sam, get any smoking in?
good weekend Shaun, thanks.  yep, smoked one of the mega nica Rusticas I received last week,  damn good smoke, but lasted close to 2 hrs.  also had a Diesel Uncut connie.  I think I like them better than the original.  also worked in a Sam Leccia White robusto.  never had one and was impressed.  good smoke!  Had a 6-pack of Dogfish 60 min so pretty much drank on that over the weekend.  how about you?  You get a chance to smoke anything?
Had an Uncut Connie after the game last night myself.
Good news, I wish I was able to get one in!  Damn weather was a shit-show, so I wasn't able to.  I am hopeful I can get one in this weekend.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: ss2 on January 18, 2016, 12:13:37 PM
Toying with the idea of buying the MBIII sample at Holts.  monster has 5 churchills at $50.  these are 20 cigars for approx $85. (including freight).
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: ss2 on January 18, 2016, 12:15:31 PM
Morning Sam, BasementDwellingTony and Mr. Bean.
Mornin gents!
Hi CG!
How was your weekend Sam, get any smoking in?
good weekend Shaun, thanks.  yep, smoked one of the mega nica Rusticas I received last week,  damn good smoke, but lasted close to 2 hrs.  also had a Diesel Uncut connie.  I think I like them better than the original.  also worked in a Sam Leccia White robusto.  never had one and was impressed.  good smoke!  Had a 6-pack of Dogfish 60 min so pretty much drank on that over the weekend.  how about you?  You get a chance to smoke anything?
Had an Uncut Connie after the game last night myself.
Good news, I wish I was able to get one in!  Damn weather was a shit-show, so I wasn't able to.  I am hopeful I can get one in this weekend.
Damn, that bites.  Hope you're right and you do get that chance.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: ss2 on January 18, 2016, 12:17:30 PM
Toying with the idea of buying the MBIII sample at Holts.  monster has 5 churchills at $50.  these are 20 cigars for approx $85. (including freight).
I have no idea what I'm thinking.  just got a box with my CLE coronas and the 10 Immortals I bought and now am wondering where I'm going to put them.  probably just saved myself $85.00...
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 18, 2016, 12:18:59 PM
Lunch Break
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 18, 2016, 12:20:32 PM
Toying with the idea of buying the MBIII sample at Holts.  monster has 5 churchills at $50.  these are 20 cigars for approx $85. (including freight).
I have no idea what I'm thinking.  just got a box with my CLE coronas and the 10 Immortals I bought and now am wondering where I'm going to put them.  probably just saved myself $85.00...
Container Store time!   I bought a bundle of those mb 3's, hell of a deal.  Can enabled those.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on January 18, 2016, 12:24:21 PM
Where are all the Gurkha lovers at? 86% off! Get 'em while they're hot!!
Guess even Gurkha lovers don't like these...
Actually the Black Dragons are one of their better blends.  just not crazy about the size.
TWSS.  G'day Sam.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 18, 2016, 12:29:38 PM
13  Latitude Zero  Robusto  (5.0 x 52)
             10/34.99
[...]
Post by: ss2 on January 18, 2016, 12:40:33 PM
Where are all the Gurkha lovers at? 86% off! Get 'em while they're hot!!
Guess even Gurkha lovers don't like these...
Actually the Black Dragons are one of their better blends.  just not crazy about the size.
TWSS.  G'day Sam.
Hey CB!
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: ss2 on January 18, 2016, 12:54:01 PM
Toying with the idea of buying the MBIII sample at Holts.  monster has 5 churchills at $50.  these are 20 cigars for approx $85. (including freight).
I have no idea what I'm thinking.  just got a box with my CLE coronas and the 10 Immortals I bought and now am wondering where I'm going to put them.  probably just saved myself $85.00...
Container Store time!   I bought a bundle of those mb 3's, hell of a deal.  Can enabled those.
Ok, I have 3 or 4 days to find storage...but you're right, hell of a deal.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 18, 2016, 12:59:54 PM
Toying with the idea of buying the MBIII sample at Holts.  monster has 5 churchills at $50.  these are 20 cigars for approx $85. (including freight).
I have no idea what I'm thinking.  just got a box with my CLE coronas and the 10 Immortals I bought and now am wondering where I'm going to put them.  probably just saved myself $85.00...
Container Store time!   I bought a bundle of those mb 3's, hell of a deal.  Can enabled those.
Ok, I have 3 or 4 days to find storage...but you're right, hell of a deal.
Typing on a phone that was supposed to say CB enabled buy
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 18, 2016, 01:16:04 PM
14 Macanudo Cru Royale  Robusto  (5.0 x 50)
              5/28.05
[...]
Post by: ss2 on January 18, 2016, 01:18:53 PM
Toying with the idea of buying the MBIII sample at Holts.  monster has 5 churchills at $50.  these are 20 cigars for approx $85. (including freight).
I have no idea what I'm thinking.  just got a box with my CLE coronas and the 10 Immortals I bought and now am wondering where I'm going to put them.  probably just saved myself $85.00...
Container Store time!   I bought a bundle of those mb 3's, hell of a deal.  Can enabled those.
Ok, I have 3 or 4 days to find storage...but you're right, hell of a deal.
Typing on a phone that was supposed to say CB enabled buy
LOL, no matter,  either way I was enabled by one of the best!
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 18, 2016, 01:21:51 PM
Toying with the idea of buying the MBIII sample at Holts.  monster has 5 churchills at $50.  these are 20 cigars for approx $85. (including freight).
I have no idea what I'm thinking.  just got a box with my CLE coronas and the 10 Immortals I bought and now am wondering where I'm going to put them.  probably just saved myself $85.00...
Container Store time!   I bought a bundle of those mb 3's, hell of a deal.  Can enabled those.
Ok, I have 3 or 4 days to find storage...but you're right, hell of a deal.
Typing on a phone that was supposed to say CB enabled buy
LOL, no matter,  either way I was enabled by one of the best!
Oldest isn't necessarily the best....just sayin'.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 18, 2016, 01:23:33 PM
Back to fence building
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: ss2 on January 18, 2016, 01:28:28 PM
Back to fence building
That just sounds like too much hard work for a Monday.  have anything fired up?
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 18, 2016, 01:42:43 PM
Back to fence building
That just sounds like too much hard work for a Monday.  have anything fired up?
As long as he isn't in the office, he's just fine with work.  And, it gets him out of the house to avoid other irritation.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: ss2 on January 18, 2016, 01:44:35 PM
Back to fence building
That just sounds like too much hard work for a Monday.  have anything fired up?
As long as he isn't in the office, he's just fine with work.  And, it gets him out of the house to avoid other irritation.
heard that.  especially about the "other irritation" have one of those myself.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 18, 2016, 01:45:31 PM
15  Pinar del Rio Gran Toro Mega-Sampler  (6.0 x 54)
             20/44.50
[...]
Post by: ss2 on January 18, 2016, 01:45:57 PM
Pinar Del Rio must be moving up in the world.  I seem to remember this sampler being in the mid $30's not that long ago.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 18, 2016, 01:46:55 PM
Pinar Del Rio must be moving up in the world.  I seem to remember this sampler being in the mid $30's not that long ago.
Guess it's the definition of a lull when the Jam is changing faster than the banter pages...sheesh.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: ss2 on January 18, 2016, 01:48:29 PM
Still want to get a box of the Black Crown toros.  hoping for a less expensive but decent jam item for the freight.  really have to visit the container store if I do that though.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: ss2 on January 18, 2016, 01:49:11 PM
Pinar Del Rio must be moving up in the world.  I seem to remember this sampler being in the mid $30's not that long ago.
Guess it's the definition of a lull when the Jam is changing faster than the banter pages...sheesh.
I would agree.  especially with some of the offerings we've had.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 18, 2016, 01:59:25 PM
Pinar Del Rio must be moving up in the world.  I seem to remember this sampler being in the mid $30's not that long ago.
Thanks, Obama.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: Ogie on January 18, 2016, 02:21:09 PM
cigar.com/shfr51
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 18, 2016, 02:24:24 PM
cigar.com/shfr51
Now we just need them to take CI gift cards, since they're the same damn company anyways. Good lookin' out, Ogie!
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 18, 2016, 02:24:34 PM
And with that, time to punch the clock. Hazzuh!
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: ss2 on January 18, 2016, 03:00:56 PM
And with that, time to punch the clock. Hazzuh!
later Gator.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: ss2 on January 18, 2016, 03:01:30 PM
cigar.com/shfr51
Sweet!  Thanks Ogie!
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 18, 2016, 03:08:10 PM
Later OhioDave
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: ss2 on January 18, 2016, 03:19:13 PM
Huh, undercrown connie.  what WILL they think of next?
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 18, 2016, 03:24:40 PM
Smoke Break!  Another HC Criollo .    Making some good progress now.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: ss2 on January 18, 2016, 03:26:13 PM
Smoke Break!  Another HC Criollo .    Making some good progress now.
Nice!  good smoke too!
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 18, 2016, 03:43:59 PM
Huh, undercrown connie.  what WILL they think of next?
Been out for about 6 months.  nice clear cigar.   Doesn't show any relation to Undercrown to me...and is a bit pricy.  Nice clean Drew Estate burn characteristics.  Worth checking out a 5er at this price, but doesn't stand out in my opinion.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 18, 2016, 03:48:23 PM
17  Torano Noventa Santiago  Robusto  (5.0 x 50)
             10/24.50
16  Undercrown Shade Gran Toro  (6.0 x 52)
               5/27.50
[...]
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 18, 2016, 03:49:11 PM
Smoke Break!  Another HC Criollo .    Making some good progress now.
On the fence? ....cigars?....or hitting 26K?
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: Threebean on January 18, 2016, 03:56:07 PM
Smoke Break!  Another HC Criollo .    Making some good progress now.
On the fence? ....cigars?....or hitting 26K?
Apparently all of the above.  MultitaskingDave.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 18, 2016, 03:56:21 PM
Smoke Break!  Another HC Criollo .    Making some good progress now.
On the fence? ....cigars?....or hitting 26K?
Smoke Break!  Another HC Criollo .    Making some good progress now.
On the fence? ....cigars?....or hitting 26K?
All of the above I guess
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 18, 2016, 03:58:10 PM
In any case, congrats on that 26K for sure!
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 18, 2016, 04:00:31 PM
Well, I'm not going to wait around for these Noventa's to move....homeward.
Back in a bit.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on January 18, 2016, 04:02:35 PM
Smoke Break!  Another HC Criollo .    Making some good progress now.
On the fence? ....cigars?....or hitting 26K?
Apparently all of the above.  MultitaskingDave.
MultigassingDave.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on January 18, 2016, 04:03:35 PM
Well, I'm not going to wait around for these Noventa's to move....homeward.
Back in a bit.
Bit TravelingHomeward Dave.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: ss2 on January 18, 2016, 04:05:49 PM
Smoke Break!  Another HC Criollo .    Making some good progress now.
On the fence? ....cigars?....or hitting 26K?
Smoke Break!  Another HC Criollo .    Making some good progress now.
On the fence? ....cigars?....or hitting 26K?
All of the above I guess
congrats on 26k TR.  I'm still struggling towards 2600...
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 18, 2016, 04:08:47 PM
In any case, congrats on that 26K for sure!
Thank You
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 18, 2016, 04:09:05 PM
Smoke Break!  Another HC Criollo .    Making some good progress now.
On the fence? ....cigars?....or hitting 26K?
Smoke Break!  Another HC Criollo .    Making some good progress now.
On the fence? ....cigars?....or hitting 26K?
All of the above I guess
congrats on 26k TR.  I'm still struggling towards 2600...
Thank You
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on January 18, 2016, 04:09:39 PM
Smoke Break!  Another HC Criollo .    Making some good progress now.
On the fence? ....cigars?....or hitting 26K?
Smoke Break!  Another HC Criollo .    Making some good progress now.
On the fence? ....cigars?....or hitting 26K?
All of the above I guess
congrats on 26k TR.  I'm still struggling towards 2600...
Delayed response - hey Sam.  Cold this morning with 4 degrees with a feel like of -12.  Gonna get the same overnight into tomorrow.

3:35pm EST, Mon Jan 18
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: ss2 on January 18, 2016, 04:19:56 PM
Smoke Break!  Another HC Criollo .    Making some good progress now.
On the fence? ....cigars?....or hitting 26K?
Smoke Break!  Another HC Criollo .    Making some good progress now.
On the fence? ....cigars?....or hitting 26K?
All of the above I guess
congrats on 26k TR.  I'm still struggling towards 2600...
Delayed response - hey Sam.  Cold this morning with 4 degrees with a feel like of -12.  Gonna get the same overnight into tomorrow.

3:35pm EST, Mon Jan 18
  • ... BITTER COLD WIND CHILLS WILL PERSIST THROUGH TUESDAY MORNING...
    TEMPERATURES FALLING INTO THE SINGLE DIGITS COMBINED WITH WEST WINDS AROUND 15 MPH WILL PRODUCE WIND CHILLS BETWEEN 5 BELOW ZERO AND 10 BELOW ZERO TONIGHT THROUGH TUESDAY MORNING. THOSE ENGAGING IN OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES ARE ADVISED TO DRESS IN LAYERS TO PROTECT AGAINST THE COLD WIND CHILLS.
Not quite as cold here, started at 20 deg at 6:00, by the time I left for work at 6:45, it was down to 18 deg.  looks like it got to 26 this afternoon, but we're looking at 15 tonight.  nice and sunny all afternoon though.  wind is blowing, but not sure what the wind chill is supposed to be.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: ss2 on January 18, 2016, 04:23:29 PM
selecting ride home smoke.  CAO black or Oliva G.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on January 18, 2016, 04:26:39 PM
Hey Sam, nothing like modern technology.  Got a couple of emails notifying me of orders shipping.  Got delivery of the orders last week.  Got the cart before the horse.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on January 18, 2016, 04:29:48 PM
selecting ride home smoke.  CAO black or Oliva G.
Had a CAO Black with some age on it awhile back.  Wasn't expecting much but it really turned out to be a nice smoke.  Part of Operation Smokedown.  Working on an assortment of miscellaneous smokes.  Black or G - smoke the one you've had the longest.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: ss2 on January 18, 2016, 04:40:30 PM
Hey Sam, nothing like modern technology.  Got a couple of emails notifying me of orders shipping.  Got delivery of the orders last week.  Got the cart before the horse.
I had that from the Page this afternoon.  received the order on Friday, received notice of shipment this afternoon.  think i'll go with the CAO.  I think they both have over a year on them, but it's been a while since I smoked a CAO other than one of the Brazil line so i'll give it a try.  I seem to remember a favorable experience with these.
have a great night CB!
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on January 18, 2016, 04:49:37 PM
Hey Sam, nothing like modern technology.  Got a couple of emails notifying me of orders shipping.  Got delivery of the orders last week.  Got the cart before the horse.
I had that from the Page this afternoon.  received the order on Friday, received notice of shipment this afternoon.  think i'll go with the CAO.  I think they both have over a year on them, but it's been a while since I smoked a CAO other than one of the Brazil line so i'll give it a try.  I seem to remember a favorable experience with these.
have a great night CB!
Drive safely and enjoy that seegar.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 18, 2016, 05:02:45 PM
Well, I'm not going to wait around for these Noventa's to move....homeward.
Back in a bit.
Bit TravelingHomeward Dave.
Heater on, coffee poured, HC Criollo lit, I'm back.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 18, 2016, 05:04:25 PM
Hey Sam, nothing like modern technology.  Got a couple of emails notifying me of orders shipping.  Got delivery of the orders last week.  Got the cart before the horse.
Maybe they're double shipping for you.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on January 18, 2016, 05:09:26 PM
Hey Sam, nothing like modern technology.  Got a couple of emails notifying me of orders shipping.  Got delivery of the orders last week.  Got the cart before the horse.
Maybe they're double shipping for you.
As long as they don't double charge.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 18, 2016, 05:10:10 PM
18  Tatuaje Havana VI Verocu  #9 Petite Robusto  (4.5 x 49)
              5/29.99
[...]
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 18, 2016, 05:10:52 PM
Evening CB.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 18, 2016, 05:14:40 PM
Just heard Glenn Frey past away at age 67. RIP.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 18, 2016, 05:16:01 PM
I know TXDave is usually the bearer of happy news around here but I didn't see the post so I thought I'd chime in.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on January 18, 2016, 05:20:05 PM
Evening CB.
Evening Dave.  Damned cold and wind chills make it worse.  Heating bill gonna take a big bite out of my cigar money.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on January 18, 2016, 05:21:13 PM
I know TXDave is usually the bearer of happy news around here but I didn't see the post so I thought I'd chime in.
Texas Dave is off building his fence.  Is he trying to keep the illegal immigrants out of his yard?
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 18, 2016, 05:21:17 PM
Well, I'm not going to wait around for these Noventa's to move....homeward.
Back in a bit.
Bit TravelingHomeward Dave.
Heater on, coffee poured, HC Criollo lit, I'm back.
Work finished for the day made my goal + a little.  Finishing up my HC looking at my work.  And guess what?   Warden said that looks great why don't I just do the other 2 sides soggy will look nice........  One of those is across the back and 105 feet long!  Fuk that I said as she stomped off into the sunset.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 18, 2016, 05:22:31 PM
I know TXDave is usually the bearer of happy news around here but I didn't see the post so I thought I'd chime in.
Texas Dave is off building his fence.  Is he trying to keep the illegal immigrants out of his yard?
That is Glock's job. Fence is so I can't see the neighbors.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on January 18, 2016, 05:22:44 PM
Just heard Glenn Frey past away at age 67. RIP.
Indeed.  Enjoy his music.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 18, 2016, 05:23:16 PM
I know TXDave is usually the bearer of happy news around here but I didn't see the post so I thought I'd chime in.
Texas Dave is off building his fence.  Is he trying to keep the illegal immigrants out of his yard?
I thought Trump was gonna make the Mexicans build that fence?
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 18, 2016, 05:24:33 PM
I know TXDave is usually the bearer of happy news around here but I didn't see the post so I thought I'd chime in.
GFY. I don't even know who he is so can't be important and I only post important stuff good or bad :)
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 18, 2016, 05:26:06 PM
[...]

Not quite as cold here either, 65 now with no wind and no clouds
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 18, 2016, 05:31:27 PM
I know TXDave is usually the bearer of happy news around here but I didn't see the post so I thought I'd chime in.
Texas Dave is off building his fence.  Is he trying to keep the illegal immigrants out of his yard?
I thought Trump was gonna make the Mexicans build that fence?
Trump is building it Mexicans are paying for it.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 18, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
Well, I'm not going to wait around for these Noventa's to move....homeward.
Back in a bit.
Bit TravelingHomeward Dave.
Heater on, coffee poured, HC Criollo lit, I'm back.
Mighty good smoke for 2 Bucks with some age
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on January 18, 2016, 05:37:01 PM
Well, I'm not going to wait around for these Noventa's to move....homeward.
Back in a bit.
Bit TravelingHomeward Dave.
Heater on, coffee poured, HC Criollo lit, I'm back.
Mighty good smoke for 2 Bucks with some age
The original Xikar's were the product of Jesus Fuego.  I believe they are out of AJ Fernandez's factory.  They also took a budget approach.  Liked the original Xikar's but haven't tried the new ones.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on January 18, 2016, 05:38:10 PM
I know TXDave is usually the bearer of happy news around here but I didn't see the post so I thought I'd chime in.
GFY. I don't even know who he is so can't be important and I only post important stuff good or bad :)
Sheesh, you're UnUhmerikan!  Ever heard of the Eagles?
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: Oyam18 on January 18, 2016, 05:38:28 PM
18
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: Oyam18 on January 18, 2016, 05:39:56 PM
I know TXDave is usually the bearer of happy news around here but I didn't see the post so I thought I'd chime in.
GFY. I don't even know who he is so can't be important and I only post important stuff good or bad :)
Sheesh, you're UnUhmerikan!  Ever heard of the Eagles?
wheres Fred Bob
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on January 18, 2016, 05:42:13 PM
I know TXDave is usually the bearer of happy news around here but I didn't see the post so I thought I'd chime in.
GFY. I don't even know who he is so can't be important and I only post important stuff good or bad :)
Sheesh, you're UnUhmerikan!  Ever heard of the Eagles?
wheres Fred Bob
Being old and cranky?  Or is that irascible?
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 18, 2016, 05:43:44 PM
Just heard Glenn Frey past away at age 67. RIP.
Damn.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: Oyam18 on January 18, 2016, 05:44:40 PM
I know TXDave is usually the bearer of happy news around here but I didn't see the post so I thought I'd chime in.
GFY. I don't even know who he is so can't be important and I only post important stuff good or bad :)
Sheesh, you're UnUhmerikan!  Ever heard of the Eagles?
wheres Fred Bob
Being old and cranky?  Or is that irascible?
you old fool you.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 18, 2016, 05:46:26 PM
18
18 on the 18th!
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: Threebean on January 18, 2016, 05:46:39 PM
Just heard Glenn Frey past away at age 67. RIP.
Damn.
No kidding. Checked out too soon.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 18, 2016, 05:48:35 PM
Just heard Glenn Frey past away at age 67. RIP.
Damn.
I won't lie, he wasn't my favorite Eagle and his Miami Vice music left some to be desired but 67 is way too young to be leaving the planet.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on January 18, 2016, 05:49:19 PM
I know TXDave is usually the bearer of happy news around here but I didn't see the post so I thought I'd chime in.
GFY. I don't even know who he is so can't be important and I only post important stuff good or bad :)
Sheesh, you're UnUhmerikan!  Ever heard of the Eagles?
wheres Fred Bob
Being old and cranky?  Or is that irascible?
you old fool you.
Who you calling old?
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on January 18, 2016, 05:49:44 PM
Just heard Glenn Frey past away at age 67. RIP.
Damn.
I won't lie, he wasn't my favorite Eagle and his Miami Vice music left some to be desired but 67 is way too young to be leaving the planet.
INDEED!
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: Oyam18 on January 18, 2016, 05:50:18 PM
Just heard Glenn Frey past away at age 67. RIP.
Damn.
seems like all the music, sports and acting heroes from our youth are dropping dead.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 18, 2016, 05:52:29 PM
Just heard Glenn Frey past away at age 67. RIP.
Damn.
I won't lie, he wasn't my favorite Eagle and his Miami Vice music left some to be desired but 67 is way too young to be leaving the planet.
I am just a simple country boy and I know country singers and bands but got better things to know than individual members beyond all of the Beatles and Mick Jagger.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 18, 2016, 05:54:37 PM
I know TXDave is usually the bearer of happy news around here but I didn't see the post so I thought I'd chime in.
GFY. I don't even know who he is so can't be important and I only post important stuff good or bad :)
Sheesh, you're UnUhmerikan!  Ever heard of the Eagles?
wheres Fred Bob
Being old and cranky?  Or is that irascible?
you old fool you.
Who you calling old?
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 18, 2016, 06:00:32 PM
Just heard Glenn Frey past away at age 67. RIP.
Damn.
I won't lie, he wasn't my favorite Eagle and his Miami Vice music left some to be desired but 67 is way too young to be leaving the planet.
He had acute ulcerative colitis, and pneumonia, the ulcerative colitis is an awful miserable disease.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: Oyam18 on January 18, 2016, 06:02:45 PM
I know TXDave is usually the bearer of happy news around here but I didn't see the post so I thought I'd chime in.
GFY. I don't even know who he is so can't be important and I only post important stuff good or bad :)
Sheesh, you're UnUhmerikan!  Ever heard of the Eagles?
wheres Fred Bob
Being old and cranky?  Or is that irascible?
you old fool you.
Who you calling old?
im a frying pan
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: Threebean on January 18, 2016, 06:28:46 PM
Just heard Glenn Frey past away at age 67. RIP.
Damn.
I won't lie, he wasn't my favorite Eagle and his Miami Vice music left some to be desired but 67 is way too young to be leaving the planet.
I am just a simple country boy and I know country singers and bands but got better things to know than individual members beyond all of the Beatles and Mick Jagger.
I guess that means you haven't listened to flip's karaoke CD, either. When's your birthday, and what's your address?
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 18, 2016, 06:42:27 PM
Just heard Glenn Frey past away at age 67. RIP.
Damn.
I won't lie, he wasn't my favorite Eagle and his Miami Vice music left some to be desired but 67 is way too young to be leaving the planet.
I am just a simple country boy and I know country singers and bands but got better things to know than individual members beyond all of the Beatles and Mick Jagger.
I guess that means you haven't listened to flip's karaoke CD, either. When's your birthday, and what's your address?
::)
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 18, 2016, 06:44:35 PM
It's back to work tomorrow. Just took the next several bags out from the basement for garbage night. Also repaired the upstairs toilet so I'm gonna consider the week a success.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 18, 2016, 06:45:24 PM
It's back to work tomorrow. Just took the next several bags out from the basement for garbage night. Also repaired the upstairs toilet so I'm gonna consider the week a success.
Yes sir you deserve a cigar and a martini for all that work
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on January 18, 2016, 06:47:19 PM
It's back to work tomorrow. Just took the next several bags out from the basement for garbage night. Also repaired the upstairs toilet so I'm gonna consider the week a success.
Busy as a beaver.  A regular worker bee.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: Threebean on January 18, 2016, 06:56:35 PM
It's back to work tomorrow. Just took the next several bags out from the basement for garbage night. Also repaired the upstairs toilet so I'm gonna consider the week a success.
But have you given the toilet a proper test?  Job's not done until the paperwork is finished.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: Threebean on January 18, 2016, 06:57:04 PM
It's back to work tomorrow. Just took the next several bags out from the basement for garbage night. Also repaired the upstairs toilet so I'm gonna consider the week a success.
Yes sir you deserve a cigar and a martini for all that work
TNWSS
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 18, 2016, 07:05:16 PM
It's back to work tomorrow. Just took the next several bags out from the basement for garbage night. Also repaired the upstairs toilet so I'm gonna consider the week a success.
But have you given the toilet a proper test?  Job's not done until the paperwork is finished.
Speaking of toilets have you gotten a final inspection on your work yet!
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: Threebean on January 18, 2016, 07:13:03 PM
It's back to work tomorrow. Just took the next several bags out from the basement for garbage night. Also repaired the upstairs toilet so I'm gonna consider the week a success.
But have you given the toilet a proper test?  Job's not done until the paperwork is finished.
Speaking of toilets have you gotten a final inspection on your work yet!
And where's your union card, scab!
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 18, 2016, 07:24:05 PM
It's back to work tomorrow. Just took the next several bags out from the basement for garbage night. Also repaired the upstairs toilet so I'm gonna consider the week a success.
But have you given the toilet a proper test?  Job's not done until the paperwork is finished.
Speaking of toilets have you gotten a final inspection on your work yet!
And where's your union card, scab!
This is a right to work state
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: Threebean on January 18, 2016, 07:47:43 PM
It's back to work tomorrow. Just took the next several bags out from the basement for garbage night. Also repaired the upstairs toilet so I'm gonna consider the week a success.
But have you given the toilet a proper test?  Job's not done until the paperwork is finished.
Speaking of toilets have you gotten a final inspection on your work yet!
And where's your union card, scab!
This is a right to work state
Tony's in NJ, not TX. So hardly.  The plumbing local BA is on his way over to his house now.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 18, 2016, 07:51:50 PM
It's back to work tomorrow. Just took the next several bags out from the basement for garbage night. Also repaired the upstairs toilet so I'm gonna consider the week a success.
But have you given the toilet a proper test?  Job's not done until the paperwork is finished.
Hahaha. Can't say that I did.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 18, 2016, 07:52:13 PM
It's back to work tomorrow. Just took the next several bags out from the basement for garbage night. Also repaired the upstairs toilet so I'm gonna consider the week a success.
But have you given the toilet a proper test?  Job's not done until the paperwork is finished.
Speaking of toilets have you gotten a final inspection on your work yet!
And where's your union card, scab!
This is a right to work state
Tony's in NJ, not TX. So hardly.  The plumbing local BA is on his way over to his house now.
I thought you were asking me, yep the only thing saving Tony up there is he is Italian.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 18, 2016, 07:54:46 PM
It's back to work tomorrow. Just took the next several bags out from the basement for garbage night. Also repaired the upstairs toilet so I'm gonna consider the week a success.
But have you given the toilet a proper test?  Job's not done until the paperwork is finished.
Speaking of toilets have you gotten a final inspection on your work yet!
And where's your union card, scab!
This is a right to work state
Tony's in NJ, not TX. So hardly.  The plumbing local BA is on his way over to his house now.
I thought you were asking me, yep the only thing saving Tony up there is he is Italian.
I'm not putting in a new bathroom or even renovating. I was just replacing a flapper. Sheesh.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 18, 2016, 08:13:08 PM
It's back to work tomorrow. Just took the next several bags out from the basement for garbage night. Also repaired the upstairs toilet so I'm gonna consider the week a success.
But have you given the toilet a proper test?  Job's not done until the paperwork is finished.
Speaking of toilets have you gotten a final inspection on your work yet!
And where's your union card, scab!
This is a right to work state
Tony's in NJ, not TX. So hardly.  The plumbing local BA is on his way over to his house now.
I thought you were asking me, yep the only thing saving Tony up there is he is Italian.
I'm not putting in a new bathroom or even renovating. I was just replacing a flapper. Sheesh.
That requires a union card, licensed plumber and licensed plumbers apprentice along wit a building permit and inspections in NJ.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 18, 2016, 08:15:58 PM
It's back to work tomorrow. Just took the next several bags out from the basement for garbage night. Also repaired the upstairs toilet so I'm gonna consider the week a success.
But have you given the toilet a proper test?  Job's not done until the paperwork is finished.
Speaking of toilets have you gotten a final inspection on your work yet!
And where's your union card, scab!
This is a right to work state
Tony's in NJ, not TX. So hardly.  The plumbing local BA is on his way over to his house now.
I thought you were asking me, yep the only thing saving Tony up there is he is Italian.
I'm not putting in a new bathroom or even renovating. I was just replacing a flapper. Sheesh.
That requires a union card, licensed plumber and licensed plumbers apprentice along wit a building permit and inspections in NJ.
Bullshit! It is required if I'm gonna do it for payment at someone else's place. But otherwise...
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on January 18, 2016, 09:14:16 PM
[...]
Go flap your valve!
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: Threebean on January 18, 2016, 09:31:52 PM
[...]
Incorrect. Any activity which adds to or alters the public water system and connections thereto are subject to permitting, licensed tradesmen, and inspection. You, sir, have endangered the public health and welfare of the community.  I'm tellin'.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 18, 2016, 09:44:35 PM

[...]

Go tell! In fact, go ta hell! My new flapper is no such change to the public water system. In that case, Scott would need a permit every time he takes a shit.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on January 18, 2016, 09:47:40 PM
[...]
Only if you plan on drinking outta the toilet.
Title: Re: 1/18/2016
Post by: Threebean on January 18, 2016, 10:17:50 PM

[...]

Well Scott's a danger to the welfare of the community regardless, so that doesn't count.