CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on September 01, 2017, 12:45:39 AM

Title: 9/1/2017
Post by: CigarBanter on September 01, 2017, 12:45:39 AM
Happy Friday! Any deals on the various internet sites that are worth talking about? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on September 01, 2017, 05:10:15 AM
Happy Friday! Any deals on the various internet sites that are worth talking about? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!
Seegar Monster:  Nica Rustica, Flor de las Antilles.
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 01, 2017, 05:18:23 AM
Morning Snowflakes, Happy 5th Saturday
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 01, 2017, 05:19:14 AM
At the CI Joe:   Graycliff Free-For-All
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 01, 2017, 05:19:59 AM
Victor Sinclair Turd Bananza @ The Sister
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 01, 2017, 05:21:12 AM
$1 Shipping Day at the Dot Biz
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 01, 2017, 05:31:49 AM
HURRICANE IRMA HOLDING STEADY WITH 115-MPH WINDS...
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 01, 2017, 05:39:24 AM
Richard Anderson, who simultaneously played Oscar Goldman, leader of secret government agent the OSI, on both "The Six Million Dollar Man" and "The Bionic Woman" after a long career as a supporting actor in film and TV, died on Thursday in his Beverly Hills home. He was 91.
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 01, 2017, 05:44:59 AM
J.J. Watt Sponsored Harvey Fundraiser up to $13.5 million!
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 01, 2017, 06:13:42 AM
J.J. Watt Sponsored Harvey Fundraiser up to $13.5 million!
Crazy stuff, since I think his original goal was $200k.
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 01, 2017, 06:37:06 AM
Harris County TX which is mostly occupied by the City of Houston and the Woodlands and covers 1,777 square miles was 70% covered with 18" of water or more. Normally less than 5% of the county is water.   Pretty damn amazing!

Edit:  Flood Data Provided by the Weather Channel
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 01, 2017, 06:59:58 AM
Harris County TX which is mostly occupied by the City of Houston and the Woodlands and covers 1,777 square miles was 70% covered with 18" of water or more. Normally less than 5% of the county is water.   Pretty damn amazing!

Edit:  Flood Data Provided by the Weather Channel
Houston alone received over 11 Trillion gallons of water.  Texas and Louisiana total around 24.5 Trillion gallons!
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 01, 2017, 07:10:19 AM
Today is Friday, Sept. 1, the 244th day of 2017. There are 121 days left in the year.

Today's Highlight in History:

On September 1, 1939, World War II began as Nazi Germany invaded Poland.

On this date:

In 1807, former Vice President Aaron Burr was found not guilty of treason. (Burr was then tried on a misdemeanor charge, but was again acquitted.)

In 1897, the first section of Boston's new subway system was opened.

In 1905, Alberta and Saskatchewan entered Confederation as the eighth and ninth provinces of Canada.

In 1914, the last passenger pigeon in captivity, "Martha," died at the Cincinnati Zoo.

In 1923, the Japanese cities of Tokyo and Yokohama were devastated by an earthquake that claimed some 140,000 lives.

In 1945, Americans received word of Japan's formal surrender that ended World War II. (Because of the time difference, it was Sept. 2 in Tokyo Bay, where the ceremony took place.)

In 1951, the United States, Australia and New Zealand signed a mutual defense pact, the ANZUS treaty.

In 1969, a coup in Libya brought Moammar Gadhafi to power.

In 1976, U.S. Rep. Wayne L. Hays, D-Ohio, resigned in the wake of a scandal in which he admitted having an affair with "secretary" Elizabeth Ray.

In 1983, 269 people were killed when a Korean Air Lines Boeing 747 was shot down by a Soviet jet fighter after the airliner entered Soviet airspace.

In 1987, peace demonstrator S. Brian Willson lost his lower legs when he was hit by a train at the Concord Naval Weapons Station in California while protesting weapons shipments to Central America.

In 1995, a ribbon-cutting ceremony was held for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum in Cleveland. (The hall opened to the public the next day.)
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 01, 2017, 07:11:07 AM
Ten years ago: Idaho Sen. Larry Craig announced his resignation, saying he would leave office on September 30, 2007, in the wake of fallout over his arrest and guilty plea in a Minnesota airport gay sex sting. (However, Craig later reversed his decision, saying he would serve out the rest of his term.) Clay Buchholz threw a no-hitter in his second major league start, just hours after being called up by the Boston Red Sox. Buchholz struck out nine, walked three and hit one batter to give the Red Sox a 10-0 victory over Baltimore.

Five years ago: President Barack Obama ridiculed the just-completed Republican National Convention as better-suited to an era of black-and-white TV and "trickle-down, you're on your own" economics, and declared that Mitt Romney "did not offer a single new idea" for fixing the economy. Lyricist Hal David, 91, who teamed with Burt Bacharach on dozens of timeless songs for movies, television and a variety of recording artists in the 1960s and beyond, died in Los Angeles.

One year ago: A massive fireball and explosion erupted at SpaceX's main launch pad at Cape Canaveral, destroying a rocket as well as a satellite that Facebook was counting on to spread internet service in Africa. Dallas police Chief David Brown, who oversaw the response to a July 2016 sniper attack that killed five of his officers, announced his retirement effective in October. Fred Hellerman, a member of the influential folk music quartet the Weavers, died in Weston, Connecticut, at age 89.
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 01, 2017, 07:11:34 AM
Today's Birthdays: Actor George Maharis is 89. Conductor Seiji Ozawa (SAY'-jee oh-ZAH'-wah) is 82. Attorney and law professor Alan Dershowitz is 79. Comedian-actress Lily Tomlin is 78. Actor Don Stroud is 74. Conductor Leonard Slatkin is 73. Singer Archie Bell is 73. Singer Barry Gibb is 71. Rock musician Greg Errico is 69. Talk show host Dr. Phil McGraw is 67. Singer Gloria Estefan is 60. Former White House Press Secretary Dee Dee Myers is 56. Jazz musician Boney James is 56. Singer-musician Grant Lee Phillips (Grant Lee Buffalo) is 54. Country singer-songwriter Charlie Robison is 53. Retired NBA All-Star Tim Hardaway is 51. Rap DJ Spigg Nice (Lost Boyz) is 47. Actor Ricardo Antonio Chavira is 46. Actor Maury Sterling is 46. Rock singer JD Fortune is 44. Actor Scott Speedman is 42. Country singer Angaleena Presley (Pistol Annies) is 41. Actor Boyd Holbrook is 36. Actress Zoe Lister-Jones is 35. Rock musician Joe Trohman is 33. Actress Aisling (ASH'-ling) Loftus is 27.
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 01, 2017, 07:11:56 AM
Thought for Today: "When nothing is sure, everything is possible." - Margaret Drabble, British author.
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 01, 2017, 07:21:02 AM
Good TGIF morning CarolinaDave and RnRHOFDave.
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: Threebean on September 01, 2017, 07:43:59 AM
Happy Friday, Daves.  Bunch of gas stations out of fuel again up our way.
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 01, 2017, 07:50:58 AM
Happy Friday, Daves.  Bunch of gas stations out of fuel again up our way.
Morning Bean, I topped mine off yesterday after the price went up 30 cents a gallon.  I am sure the warden is running on empty as usual.
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 01, 2017, 07:51:18 AM
Morning Travellin Davei
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 01, 2017, 07:52:36 AM
Time to get some breakfast , lot of moving prep to do today
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 01, 2017, 07:59:05 AM
A brisk 57 degrees on this September 1 morning.  Where did summer go?
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 01, 2017, 08:00:36 AM
Time to get some breakfast , lot of moving prep to do today
Got a new WaWa opened in my town.  May head over there to get some breakfast in a little.
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 01, 2017, 08:03:42 AM
Morning GaslessBean.
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on September 01, 2017, 08:06:29 AM
good morning guys. BrickHouse maduro toro and coffee. yes I still hurt but WTF. I ordered some meds online that I know will give me relief until my doctor comes up with something better.
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on September 01, 2017, 08:11:58 AM
Happy Friday, Daves.  Bunch of gas stations out of fuel again up our way.
Morning Bean, I topped mine off yesterday after the price went up 30 cents a gallon.  I am sure the warden is running on empty as usual.
I don't agree with increasing the price of gas that when put in the tanks had nothing to do with the current storm conditions or production, but the govt doesn't care about that and never did.
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 01, 2017, 08:15:38 AM
Happy Friday, Daves.  Bunch of gas stations out of fuel again up our way.
Morning Bean, I topped mine off yesterday after the price went up 30 cents a gallon.  I am sure the warden is running on empty as usual.
I don't agree with increasing the price of gas that when put in the tanks had nothing to do with the current storm conditions or production, but the govt doesn't care about that and never did.
It's the same gouging nonsense we were talking about earlier this week. Or last week, I forget at this point. Also filled up the wife's tank yesterday. One place in the area had it 30 cents less than everyone else. The rest of the places can go to hell.
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on September 01, 2017, 08:20:58 AM

U.S. +

$99 for a case of water: Texas officials report price gouging post-Harvey

By Jill Disis August 31, 2017: 2:16 PM ET
Texas officials say they've gotten hundreds of complaints about price gouging and scams in the wake of Hurricane Harvey.
One convenience store in Houston reportedly charged $20 for a gallon of gas, $8.50 for a bottle of water and $99 for a case of water, according to the Texas Attorney General's office.
The state has received 684 complaints in all, according to Kayleigh Lovvorn, a spokeswoman for the office. The agency has started looking into nine cases so far but expects more.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/08/31/news/hurricane-harvey-price-gouging/index.html
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 01, 2017, 08:38:38 AM
Texas law for open carry of swords and large knives now in effect.

http://abc7amarillo.com/news/local/texas-law-allows-open-carry-of-knives-swords

Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 01, 2017, 08:41:05 AM
Morning AlwaysMondayDean.
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: Threebean on September 01, 2017, 08:51:50 AM
Texas law for open carry of swords and large knives now in effect.

http://abc7amarillo.com/news/local/texas-law-allows-open-carry-of-knives-swords
CNS, good to know.  Been wanting to take my spear grocery shopping with me, hope that's covered, too.
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 01, 2017, 08:52:04 AM
Texas law for open carry of swords and large knives now in effect.

http://abc7amarillo.com/news/local/texas-law-allows-open-carry-of-knives-swords
Thank god. You don't see enough people carrying swords these days.
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 01, 2017, 09:34:43 AM
Scabbard lull?
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 01, 2017, 09:46:02 AM
Scabbard lull?
Might be our best lull yet.
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on September 01, 2017, 09:50:10 AM
new carburetor is in and being attached as I post, he has a new muffler he's going to put on at no extra charge. I should be mowing by the afternoon. total cost: $100 for mower, $250 parts and labor. still better than investing in brand new.
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on September 01, 2017, 09:51:32 AM
Scabbard lull?
sheathe your weapon.
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: Threebean on September 01, 2017, 09:56:34 AM
Scabbard lull?
sheathe your weapon.
TWSS
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: Threebean on September 01, 2017, 09:58:46 AM
Scabbard lull?
(http://www.okmoviequotes.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/1-Crocodile-Dundee-quotes.gif)
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 01, 2017, 10:10:00 AM
new carburetor is in and being attached as I post, he has a new muffler he's going to put on at no extra charge. I should be mowing by the afternoon. total cost: $100 for mower, $250 parts and labor. still better than investing in brand new.
Here's hoping it lasts for a while.
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on September 01, 2017, 10:13:15 AM
new carburetor is in and being attached as I post, he has a new muffler he's going to put on at no extra charge. I should be mowing by the afternoon. total cost: $100 for mower, $250 parts and labor. still better than investing in brand new.
Here's hoping it lasts for a while.
I'm just hoping it runs and cuts without dying.
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: Threebean on September 01, 2017, 10:15:26 AM
new carburetor is in and being attached as I post, he has a new muffler he's going to put on at no extra charge. I should be mowing by the afternoon. total cost: $100 for mower, $250 parts and labor. still better than investing in brand new.
Here's hoping it lasts for a while.
TWSS.  Too easy, but I have no pride.
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: razgueado on September 01, 2017, 10:59:00 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 01, 2017, 11:17:31 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Morning, Raz. Made a decision on buying that hemp farm yet? ;)
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: flip from jersey on September 01, 2017, 11:18:28 AM
Morning Boys, Friday End of the week for most of us, you have my permission,
not to go to work on Monday, tell them Flip said you could have the day off to
smoke cigars, drink & BBQ.
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: razgueado on September 01, 2017, 11:22:21 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Morning, Raz. Made a decision on buying that hemp farm yet? ;)
Leaning against this particular one at the moment.  The lower parcel is has wetland plants on it, which could mean it is unbuildable. That would diminish my enthusiasm.
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: razgueado on September 01, 2017, 12:14:59 PM
Sheesh.  Must be a holiday weekend.
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: Threebean on September 01, 2017, 12:20:40 PM
Morning Boys, Friday End of the week for most of us, you have my permission,
not to go to work on Monday, tell them Flip said you could have the day off to
smoke cigars, drink & BBQ.
Thank you, HRVitaFlip, that's a helluva plan.
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: flip from jersey on September 01, 2017, 12:49:13 PM
Morning Boys, Friday End of the week for most of us, you have my permission,
not to go to work on Monday, tell them Flip said you could have the day off to
smoke cigars, drink & BBQ.
Thank you, HRVitaFlip, that's a helluva plan.
I'm going to do that on Sunday, I bring a humidor out on deck for my guests,
beside my buddy Lenny, Carmen who is of Cuban extraction, likes to smoke as well.
 One of the few times, I can smoke on the deck, because one of my wife's guests smoke.
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on September 01, 2017, 12:50:17 PM
mowing done, 2 hours, 2 passes. no trouble. guy would not take extra money for his trouble. I am happy but wore out.
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 01, 2017, 01:09:03 PM
Brisket, ribs and jalapeño sausage at Opie's BBQ
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: razgueado on September 01, 2017, 01:11:55 PM
Brisket, ribs and jalapeño sausage at Opie's BBQ
Now I'm hungry.
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on September 01, 2017, 01:20:08 PM
Brisket, ribs and jalapeño sausage at Opie's BBQ
Now I'm hungry.
me too.
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 01, 2017, 01:26:42 PM
mowing done, 2 hours, 2 passes. no trouble. guy would not take extra money for his trouble. I am happy but wore out.
One down, many more to go!
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: Threebean on September 01, 2017, 01:35:38 PM
Brisket, ribs and jalapeño sausage at Opie's BBQ
Oh yeah.  Butterbeans today?
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 01, 2017, 01:39:55 PM
new carburetor is in and being attached as I post, he has a new muffler he's going to put on at no extra charge. I should be mowing by the afternoon. total cost: $100 for mower, $250 parts and labor. still better than investing in brand new.
Here's hoping it lasts for a while.
TWSS.  Too easy, but I have no pride.
You sure are getting the softballs served up today, aren't you.
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 01, 2017, 01:41:17 PM
Morning Boys, Friday End of the week for most of us, you have my permission,
not to go to work on Monday, tell them Flip said you could have the day off to
smoke cigars, drink & BBQ.
Thank you, HRVitaFlip, that's a helluva plan.
I'm going to do that on Sunday, I bring a humidor out on deck for my guests,
beside my buddy Lenny, Carmen who is of Cuban extraction, likes to smoke as well.
 One of the few times, I can smoke on the deck, because one of my wife's guests smoke.
You're gonna give a Cuban Gurkha's?
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 01, 2017, 01:42:32 PM
mowing done, 2 hours, 2 passes. no trouble. guy would not take extra money for his trouble. I am happy but wore out.
Did you have him mount a cigar holder on that machine?
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 01, 2017, 01:43:35 PM
Not bad taking a day off for retirement practice.  Only problem is there are a lot of old farts out on the road...
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 01, 2017, 01:44:08 PM
Good day Mr. Raz and VitaFlip.
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 01, 2017, 01:46:08 PM
Nice little bonus check coming this nurse's way before long!

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/this-is-crazy-sobs-utah-hospital-nurse-as-cop-roughs-her-up-arrests-her-for-doing-her-job/ar-AAr4UTh?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

Couple of unthinking bozo's give the whole force a bad name.
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: flip from jersey on September 01, 2017, 01:49:06 PM
Morning Boys, Friday End of the week for most of us, you have my permission,
not to go to work on Monday, tell them Flip said you could have the day off to
smoke cigars, drink & BBQ.
Thank you, HRVitaFlip, that's a helluva plan.
I'm going to do that on Sunday, I bring a humidor out on deck for my guests,
beside my buddy Lenny, Carmen who is of Cuban extraction, likes to smoke as well.
 One of the few times, I can smoke on the deck, because one of my wife's guests smoke.
You're gonna give a Cuban Gurkha's?
maybe a diesel, or another AJ Fernandez cigar, she smoked a San Lontano last year.
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: Threebean on September 01, 2017, 01:56:49 PM
Morning Boys, Friday End of the week for most of us, you have my permission,
not to go to work on Monday, tell them Flip said you could have the day off to
smoke cigars, drink & BBQ.
Thank you, HRVitaFlip, that's a helluva plan.
I'm going to do that on Sunday, I bring a humidor out on deck for my guests,
beside my buddy Lenny, Carmen who is of Cuban extraction, likes to smoke as well.
 One of the few times, I can smoke on the deck, because one of my wife's guests smoke.
You're gonna give a Cuban Gurkha's?
I'm stuck on the not allowed to smoke on his own deck part of the story, at least until one of his wife's friends wants to, then it's OK.  Someone turn on the TxDave bat signal, intervention needed, stat!
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on September 01, 2017, 01:58:03 PM
cheddar cheese burgers on the grill.
A/C having a difficult time keeping up today.
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 01, 2017, 02:11:51 PM
cheddar cheese burgers on the grill.
A/C having a difficult time keeping up today.
Would they be responsible for fixing that or do you have to pay for that too?
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: sfish on September 01, 2017, 02:12:02 PM
cheddar cheese burgers on the grill.
A/C having a difficult time keeping up today.
Move the grill outside
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 01, 2017, 02:23:57 PM
Morning Boys, Friday End of the week for most of us, you have my permission,
not to go to work on Monday, tell them Flip said you could have the day off to
smoke cigars, drink & BBQ.
Thank you, HRVitaFlip, that's a helluva plan.
I'm going to do that on Sunday, I bring a humidor out on deck for my guests,
beside my buddy Lenny, Carmen who is of Cuban extraction, likes to smoke as well.
 One of the few times, I can smoke on the deck, because one of my wife's guests smoke.
You're gonna give a Cuban Gurkha's?
I'm stuck on the not allowed to smoke on his own deck part of the story, at least until one of his wife's friends wants to, then it's OK.  Someone turn on the TxDave bat signal, intervention needed, stat!
CNS, seriously. It ain't right!
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 01, 2017, 02:24:25 PM
Hazzuh!
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: Threebean on September 01, 2017, 02:28:13 PM
Hazzuh!
Adios, GolfedRecentlyDave.  Enjoy the long weekend (or OT, whichever applies)
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on September 01, 2017, 02:38:08 PM
cheddar cheese burgers on the grill.
A/C having a difficult time keeping up today.
Would they be responsible for fixing that or do you have to pay for that too?
landlord coming tonight for rent. I am telling him of ALL my issues and if he doesn't want to fix them then I'll see if I can hire it done and bill him. if not I will contact the SS Fraud Division.
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on September 01, 2017, 02:38:52 PM
Hazzuh!
see ya Monday Dave.
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: flip from jersey on September 01, 2017, 02:45:08 PM
Morning Boys, Friday End of the week for most of us, you have my permission,
not to go to work on Monday, tell them Flip said you could have the day off to
smoke cigars, drink & BBQ.
Thank you, HRVitaFlip, that's a helluva plan.
I'm going to do that on Sunday, I bring a humidor out on deck for my guests,
beside my buddy Lenny, Carmen who is of Cuban extraction, likes to smoke as well.
 One of the few times, I can smoke on the deck, because one of my wife's guests smoke.
You're gonna give a Cuban Gurkha's?
I'm stuck on the not allowed to smoke on his own deck part of the story, at least until one of his wife's friends wants to, then it's OK.  Someone turn on the TxDave bat signal, intervention needed, stat!
If she is sitting out the deck, the cigar smoke "bothers her".  I get told, not to smoke a cigar
on the deck, isn't the American Legion open?  it's not easy being married to this warden,  Husband #1 took a swing at
her, husband #2 left, and eventually drove into the back of a tractor trailer in his Ford Pinto.  Me,
I've lasted 3 times longer than the previous two put together, but I overlook a lot of shit.
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 01, 2017, 02:56:59 PM
[...]
Doesn't sound like a competition worth winning...
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 01, 2017, 02:58:19 PM
cheddar cheese burgers on the grill.
A/C having a difficult time keeping up today.
Move the grill outside
Good thing we have one thinking in this bunch...
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 01, 2017, 03:00:14 PM
@Fishy....did you have that other 601 Kryptonite yet?
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on September 01, 2017, 03:01:10 PM
[...]
You better you better, you bet.
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 01, 2017, 03:01:51 PM
Morning Boys, Friday End of the week for most of us, you have my permission,
not to go to work on Monday, tell them Flip said you could have the day off to
smoke cigars, drink & BBQ.
Thank you, HRVitaFlip, that's a helluva plan.
I'm going to do that on Sunday, I bring a humidor out on deck for my guests,
beside my buddy Lenny, Carmen who is of Cuban extraction, likes to smoke as well.
 One of the few times, I can smoke on the deck, because one of my wife's guests smoke.
You're gonna give a Cuban Gurkha's?
I'm stuck on the not allowed to smoke on his own deck part of the story, at least until one of his wife's friends wants to, then it's OK.  Someone turn on the TxDave bat signal, intervention needed, stat!
I'm on the scene now,  somebody else besides Tony needs some man pants with the zipper in the front!  Sheesh, divide the Fuk'n deck in half and tell her to stay the hell off your half.
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 01, 2017, 03:03:51 PM
cheddar cheese burgers on the grill.
A/C having a difficult time keeping up today.
Would they be responsible for fixing that or do you have to pay for that too?
Have they been responsible for anything yet? ::)
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 01, 2017, 03:05:13 PM
cheddar cheese burgers on the grill.
A/C having a difficult time keeping up today.
Would they be responsible for fixing that or do you have to pay for that too?
landlord coming tonight for rent. I am telling him of ALL my issues and if he doesn't want to fix them then I'll see if I can hire it done and bill him. if not I will contact the SS Fraud Division.
And either way you will probably be living in the street.
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: flip from jersey on September 01, 2017, 03:10:22 PM
[...]
I can't hear you over the sound of the hair dryer!   8)
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 01, 2017, 03:10:45 PM
Very few gas stations open around here and the few that are have lines of cars down the streets
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 01, 2017, 03:11:26 PM
[...]
LOL
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on September 01, 2017, 03:13:39 PM
El Centurion Robusto.
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on September 01, 2017, 03:15:34 PM
[...]
Set up a windsock and tell her to stay upwind.
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on September 01, 2017, 03:20:25 PM
cheddar cheese burgers on the grill.
A/C having a difficult time keeping up today.
Would they be responsible for fixing that or do you have to pay for that too?
Have they been responsible for anything yet? ::)
just collecting money.
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: Threebean on September 01, 2017, 03:22:00 PM
Very few gas stations open around here and the few that are have lines of cars down the streets
Same story here.  Will be days before it resolves itself.  In the meantime looks like a lot of folks will be staying home this weekend.
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on September 01, 2017, 03:29:30 PM
[...]
…the ol' line-on-the-deck trick.  Oh, and make him stop looking at me!
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on September 01, 2017, 03:30:36 PM
Very few gas stations open around here and the few that are have lines of cars down the streets
Same story here.  Will be days before it resolves itself.  In the meantime looks like a lot of folks will be staying home this weekend.
There goes the economy and there goes the birth rate.
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 01, 2017, 03:35:58 PM
cheddar cheese burgers on the grill.
A/C having a difficult time keeping up today.
Would they be responsible for fixing that or do you have to pay for that too?
Have they been responsible for anything yet? ::)
No, but I continue to hope....for Dean's sake.
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 01, 2017, 03:37:06 PM
El Centurion Robusto.
On the deck?
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 01, 2017, 03:39:37 PM
Very few gas stations open around here and the few that are have lines of cars down the streets
Same story here.  Will be days before it resolves itself.  In the meantime looks like a lot of folks will be staying home this weekend.
Lake finally has water in it and no gas for the boats ::)
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 01, 2017, 03:39:50 PM
Very few gas stations open around here and the few that are have lines of cars down the streets
Same story here.  Will be days before it resolves itself.  In the meantime looks like a lot of folks will be staying home this weekend.
I filled up last night....10 cents higher/gallon today.
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 01, 2017, 03:42:00 PM
Very few gas stations open around here and the few that are have lines of cars down the streets
Same story here.  Will be days before it resolves itself.  In the meantime looks like a lot of folks will be staying home this weekend.
I filled up last night....10 cents higher/gallon today.
Same prices here today as yesterday afternoon but they don't have any
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 01, 2017, 03:43:47 PM
Shares of Lululemon Athletica are soaring today after the yoga-wear retailer reported better-than-expected earnings.
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 01, 2017, 03:46:21 PM
Got a nice Liqueur for those of you that like tequila.  It's called Agavero.  Sounds kinda odd, but pretty tasty.  Available for about $25-30.  Also in an orange version, but haven't found that to try yet.
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 01, 2017, 03:47:04 PM
Shares of Lululemon Athletica are soaring today after the yoga-wear retailer reported better-than-expected earnings.
I'm beginning to see your investment strategy.
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 01, 2017, 03:49:21 PM
Shares of Lululemon Athletica are soaring today after the yoga-wear retailer reported better-than-expected earnings.
I'm beginning to see your investment strategy.
Got everybody on here looking for them!
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 01, 2017, 03:52:05 PM
Talk about a colossal fuk-up, Lufkin is just north of where most of the Houston flooding ends.

http://www.ktre.com/story/36261799/lufkin-pd-east-side-of-lufkin-loop-is-shut-down-choose-an-alternate-route
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 01, 2017, 03:54:42 PM
I wish he would take an interest in my moving!

J.J. Watt's Hurricane Harvey relief fund reaches $15 million
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on September 01, 2017, 04:18:36 PM
El Centurion Robusto.
On the deck?
On my half.  Actually gotten quite cool down into the mid-fifties always through next Wednesday.  Happy fukkin' Labor Day.  Wear a jacket.
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: razgueado on September 01, 2017, 04:25:37 PM
Good day Mr. Raz and VitaFlip.
And to you, TD.  Sorry, got buried in work.
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: razgueado on September 01, 2017, 04:27:42 PM
[...]
That's what I was thinking.
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: razgueado on September 01, 2017, 04:28:53 PM
El Centurion Robusto.
On the deck?
His side.
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: razgueado on September 01, 2017, 04:30:20 PM
I wish he would take an interest in my moving!

J.J. Watt's Hurricane Harvey relief fund reaches $15 million
See, you started moving to soon.  Should have waited for the storm and billed it to the gummint.
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 01, 2017, 04:32:15 PM
El Centurion Robusto.
On the deck?
On my half.  Actually gotten quite cool down into the mid-fifties always through next Wednesday.  Happy fukkin' Labor Day.  Wear a jacket.
It's a smooth 100 degrees here right now, hot as hell.
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: razgueado on September 01, 2017, 04:42:35 PM
Perfect.  I was just getting ready to knock off work early and catch the Consortium herf, and a support issue comes in.  Dammit to hell.
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 01, 2017, 04:56:04 PM
Perfect.  I was just getting ready to knock off work early and catch the Consortium herf, and a support issue comes in.  Dammit to hell.
Get your azz to work, sheesh you think you are retired or what?
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: razgueado on September 01, 2017, 04:57:48 PM
Perfect.  I was just getting ready to knock off work early and catch the Consortium herf, and a support issue comes in.  Dammit to hell.
Get your azz to work, sheesh you think you are retired or what?
Clearly I'm not. 50 hours in this week. Sheesh.

But I solved the problem quick. Because I'm really, really smirt.  I mean smart.
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on September 01, 2017, 05:07:37 PM
Perfect.  I was just getting ready to knock off work early and catch the Consortium herf, and a support issue comes in.  Dammit to hell.
Get your azz to work, sheesh you think you are retired or what?
Clearly I'm not. 50 hours in this week. Sheesh.

But I solved the problem quick. Because I'm really, really smirt.  I mean smart.
…really, really a smartass maybe.
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on September 01, 2017, 05:14:43 PM
Perfect.  I was just getting ready to knock off work early and catch the Consortium herf, and a support issue comes in.  Dammit to hell.
Get your azz to work, sheesh you think you are retired or what?
Clearly I'm not. 50 hours in this week. Sheesh.

But I solved the problem quick. Because I'm really, really smirt.  I mean smart.
Yep, it shows.
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 01, 2017, 05:20:29 PM
Perfect.  I was just getting ready to knock off work early and catch the Consortium herf, and a support issue comes in.  Dammit to hell.
Get your azz to work, sheesh you think you are retired or what?
Clearly I'm not. 50 hours in this week. Sheesh.

But I solved the problem quick. Because I'm really, really smirt.  I mean smart.
Yep, it shows.
Meanwhile I continue to LMFAO, everyone knows golf is the only smart one around here.
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 01, 2017, 05:32:16 PM
Meanwhile I would enjoy a cigar but too damn hot outside.
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on September 01, 2017, 05:47:08 PM
Meanwhile I would enjoy a cigar but too damn hot outside.
88° outside here, 93° inside. landlord says it might be the 'used' thermostat he bought and I finished putting in.
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 01, 2017, 05:50:39 PM
Meanwhile I would enjoy a cigar but too damn hot outside.
88° outside here, 93° inside. landlord says it might be the 'used' thermostat he bought and I finished putting in.
Just Might be!
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on September 01, 2017, 06:04:38 PM
Meanwhile I would enjoy a cigar but too damn hot outside.
88° outside here, 93° inside. landlord says it might be the 'used' thermostat he bought and I finished putting in.
Just Might be!
I only hope it's that simple.
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 01, 2017, 06:14:56 PM
Meanwhile I would enjoy a cigar but too damn hot outside.
88° outside here, 93° inside. landlord says it might be the 'used' thermostat he bought and I finished putting in.
Just Might be!
I only hope it's that simple.
For sure
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 01, 2017, 06:37:10 PM
Few clouds have cooled it down a bit.   Tat 10th Miami and some elixir
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: sfish on September 01, 2017, 07:28:28 PM
@Fishy....did you have that other 601 Kryptonite yet?
No, thought about it several times in OBX but never got to it
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: razgueado on September 01, 2017, 07:37:51 PM
Perfect.  I was just getting ready to knock off work early and catch the Consortium herf, and a support issue comes in.  Dammit to hell.
Get your azz to work, sheesh you think you are retired or what?
Clearly I'm not. 50 hours in this week. Sheesh.

But I solved the problem quick. Because I'm really, really smirt.  I mean smart.
…really, really a smartass maybe.
My wife says something like that about me.  Something like it.  But not quite...
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: razgueado on September 01, 2017, 07:39:46 PM
Perfect.  I was just getting ready to knock off work early and catch the Consortium herf, and a support issue comes in.  Dammit to hell.
Get your azz to work, sheesh you think you are retired or what?
Clearly I'm not. 50 hours in this week. Sheesh.

But I solved the problem quick. Because I'm really, really smirt.  I mean smart.
Yep, it shows.
Meanwhile I continue to LMFAO, everyone knows golf is the only smart one around here.
Oh he doesn't think we aren't smart.  He thinks we're heartless, soulless, and evil.
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: razgueado on September 01, 2017, 07:42:33 PM
Ordered the Vortex Strikefire II Red Dot Sight off Palmetto State Armory for $139.99 on the Labor Day sale.  Don't know how good it is, but the price was right.  Thinking it'll go on the Ruger AR556.
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on September 01, 2017, 09:10:53 PM
Another thermostat in. Just waiting for the house to cool down. 87 inside 73 outside.
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on September 01, 2017, 09:46:31 PM
time for sleep.
Zzzzzz
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 01, 2017, 09:48:15 PM
Meanwhile I would enjoy a cigar but too damn hot outside.
88° outside here, 93° inside. landlord says it might be the 'used' thermostat he bought and I finished putting in.
How much does a friggin' thermostat cost that you have to get a used one?  Hell, those fancy dancy programmable digital ones are like 50 bucks.
Title: Re: 9/1/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on September 01, 2017, 11:56:33 PM
That friggin' Antnee asleep at the switch again!