CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]

Author Topic: 6/24/2015  (Read 32654 times)

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Why, I'd be delighted to put my needs last again!
Re: 6/24/2015
« Reply #285 on: June 24, 2015, 05:49:10 PM »

Well, Hi and bye actually.  heading towards home with the Murc from today's batch.  see if 2 years makes any difference in the taste!
Old post and run Sam...

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #286 on: June 24, 2015, 05:54:08 PM »

Time to head out, I'll check back in when settled with a smoke and beverage.
Later Dave smoke something of quality!
That's all I do.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #287 on: June 24, 2015, 05:55:45 PM »

You guys using a free ship cpn or VIP pricing as well?
Atlantic Dave already checked and no VIP on the specials and no FS code found.  Buy $199 and shipping is free! 

But chit they are almost giving the damn things away.
Correct.  If you do buy regularly, particularly boxes, Atlantic VIP is a good deal.  For example, I saved $30 on a box of New Worlds (over CI price), good prices on Room 101's and I got a box of Tat El Triunfador Original Lancero's for $135.  Full dislosure, there is little or no discount on some lines, like AF.  Figure I broke even before my third box purchase.  Free shipping threshold is $150, so I hold back on purchases and take advantage of that.

Now with all that said, as Dave mentioned, there is no additional discount on sale items.
Pimpin' for Atlantic Dave or PADave for short.
For sure CB.... just waiting on my commission check.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #288 on: June 24, 2015, 05:58:34 PM »

Atlantic Dave already checked and no VIP on the specials and no FS code found.  Buy $199 and shipping is free! 

Correct.  If you do buy regularly, particularly boxes, Atlantic VIP is a good deal.  For example, I saved $30 on a box of New Worlds (over CI price), good prices on Room 101's and I got a box of Tat El Triunfador Original Lancero's for $135.  Full dislosure, there is little or no discount on some lines, like AF.  Figure I broke even before my third box purchase.  Free shipping threshold is $150, so I hold back on purchases and take advantage of that.

Now with all that said, as Dave mentioned, there is no additional discount on sale items.

...and I see they have the Las Calaveras coronas... box $210. Any discount on these, Dave?
Not much on these.... only $5 / box.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #289 on: June 24, 2015, 07:02:43 PM »

The Melanio maduro was good but it didn't blow my socks off.  The V lancero will have to be the next Oliva cigar I smoke to see if I can rekindle the admiration I once had.  I'm starting to think I've outgrown them.

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Why, I'd be delighted to put my needs last again!
« Reply #290 on: June 24, 2015, 07:07:41 PM »

Pimpin' for Atlantic Dave or PADave for short.
For sure CB.... just waiting on my commission check.
Thought you might be shilling for stogies.

Oyam18

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • El Matador del Banter
« Reply #291 on: June 24, 2015, 07:12:55 PM »

Flor de Selva and Manhattan made with this RYE whiskey I'm trying out.
Cigar is starting out nice and this is just about the best Manhattan I've had. Thanx to Fred Bob for the cigar and Joe for the whisky wisdom. How about them Twins! Great day to be at the ballpark. I got free parking one block from the stadium for giving the guy a Griffins robusto. Kids had fun and to top it off it was dollar dog day. Now home relaxing on the back deck. Yes, BOTL life is good.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #292 on: June 24, 2015, 07:54:46 PM »

Flor de Selva and Manhattan made with this RYE whiskey I'm trying out.
Cigar is starting out nice and this is just about the best Manhattan I've had. Thanx to Fred Bob for the cigar and Joe for the whisky wisdom. How about them Twins! Great day to be at the ballpark. I got free parking one block from the stadium for giving the guy a Griffins robusto. Kids had fun and to top it off it was dollar dog day. Now home relaxing on the back deck. Yes, BOTL life is good.
+1

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #293 on: June 24, 2015, 07:55:36 PM »

The Melanio maduro was good but it didn't blow my socks off.  The V lancero will have to be the next Oliva cigar I smoke to see if I can rekindle the admiration I once had.  I'm starting to think I've outgrown them.
V's have changed and not what they once were.

Threebean

« Reply #294 on: June 24, 2015, 08:50:24 PM »

I think your problem is the maduro.  Stick with the Sumatra.  Also more consistent draw vs the regular V.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]