Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2023, 09:11:22 AM »

Yankees have a day game at home. Weird thing is that they're starting with interleague game.
That does seem strange. I don't follow baseball that much, did they end up going with the DH in both leagues yet?

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2023, 09:11:33 AM »

Page 2 for Dave!

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2023, 09:24:55 AM »

Yankees have a day game at home. Weird thing is that they're starting with interleague game.
That does seem strange. I don't follow baseball that much, did they end up going with the DH in both leagues yet?
I'll have to look up if that is a change, but as far as I am aware, the DH is still only in AL.

I'll admit though that I don't pay much attention to changes made in the off season.

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2023, 09:28:15 AM »

Yankees have a day game at home. Weird thing is that they're starting with interleague game.
That does seem strange. I don't follow baseball that much, did they end up going with the DH in both leagues yet?
I'll have to look up if that is a change, but as far as I am aware, the DH is still only in AL.

I'll admit though that I don't pay much attention to changes made in the off season.
Apparently, there has been a DH in NL since last season. That one got by me.

« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2023, 09:31:18 AM »

Yankees have a day game at home. Weird thing is that they're starting with interleague game.
That does seem strange. I don't follow baseball that much, did they end up going with the DH in both leagues yet?
I'll have to look up if that is a change, but as far as I am aware, the DH is still only in AL.

I'll admit though that I don't pay much attention to changes made in the off season.
Apparently, there has been a DH in NL since last season. That one got by me.
For 2023:

A first-ever pitch clock, the elimination of the shift, bigger bases and a limit to how many times a pitcher can disengage from the rubber.

Some elaboration - At the start of each pitch, teams must have at least two infielders on either side of second base, with all four positioned on the infield dirt. Infielders may not switch positions unless there is a substitution.

« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2023, 09:32:52 AM »

Yankees have a day game at home. Weird thing is that they're starting with interleague game.
That does seem strange. I don't follow baseball that much, did they end up going with the DH in both leagues yet?
I'll have to look up if that is a change, but as far as I am aware, the DH is still only in AL.

I'll admit though that I don't pay much attention to changes made in the off season.
Apparently, there has been a DH in NL since last season. That one got by me.
I knew it was something they talked about, but wasn't sure if it was in place yet or not. I could probably count on one hand the number of innings I actually watched last year, not counting the independent league game I went to with my dad and grandpa.

« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2023, 09:33:06 AM »

Play ball !!!

« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2023, 09:33:30 AM »

[...]

The pitch clock seems like it's going to be a great change, provided they stick with it. Spring games down like 30 minutes on average. That's huge.

« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2023, 09:34:13 AM »

Play ball !!!
Hell, the Yankees game will probably be over before the Guardians even get to the ballpark. Lol

« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2023, 09:38:26 AM »

Yankees have a day game at home. Weird thing is that they're starting with interleague game.
That does seem strange. I don't follow baseball that much, did they end up going with the DH in both leagues yet?
I'll have to look up if that is a change, but as far as I am aware, the DH is still only in AL.

I'll admit though that I don't pay much attention to changes made in the off season.
Apparently, there has been a DH in NL since last season. That one got by me.
The designated hitter is a baseball player who bats in place of another position player, most commonly the pitcher. The position is authorized by Major League Baseball Rule 5.11. It was adopted by the American League in 1973 and by the National League in 2022, making it universal in MLB.

« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2023, 09:44:56 AM »

Yankees have a day game at home. Weird thing is that they're starting with interleague game.
That does seem strange. I don't follow baseball that much, did they end up going with the DH in both leagues yet?
I'll have to look up if that is a change, but as far as I am aware, the DH is still only in AL.

I'll admit though that I don't pay much attention to changes made in the off season.
Apparently, there has been a DH in NL since last season. That one got by me.
The designated hitter is a baseball player who bats in place of another position player, most commonly the pitcher. The position is authorized by Major League Baseball Rule 5.11. It was adopted by the American League in 1973 and by the National League in 2022, making it universal in MLB.
You're a wealth of useful information this morning.

« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2023, 09:56:32 AM »

Yankees have a day game at home. Weird thing is that they're starting with interleague game.
That does seem strange. I don't follow baseball that much, did they end up going with the DH in both leagues yet?
I'll have to look up if that is a change, but as far as I am aware, the DH is still only in AL.

I'll admit though that I don't pay much attention to changes made in the off season.
Apparently, there has been a DH in NL since last season. That one got by me.
The designated hitter is a baseball player who bats in place of another position player, most commonly the pitcher. The position is authorized by Major League Baseball Rule 5.11. It was adopted by the American League in 1973 and by the National League in 2022, making it universal in MLB.
You're a wealth of useful information this morning.
No, Google is.

« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2023, 10:03:53 AM »

Yankees have a day game at home. Weird thing is that they're starting with interleague game.
That does seem strange. I don't follow baseball that much, did they end up going with the DH in both leagues yet?
I'll have to look up if that is a change, but as far as I am aware, the DH is still only in AL.

I'll admit though that I don't pay much attention to changes made in the off season.
Apparently, there has been a DH in NL since last season. That one got by me.
The designated hitter is a baseball player who bats in place of another position player, most commonly the pitcher. The position is authorized by Major League Baseball Rule 5.11. It was adopted by the American League in 1973 and by the National League in 2022, making it universal in MLB.
You're a wealth of useful information this morning.
No, Google is.
I thought maybe wikipedia. But I'll give you the credit anyways.

« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2023, 10:13:11 AM »

[...]

I had a mentor once tell me that the secret to success is, "take the credit and pass the blame." He said it jokingly but I'm not sure he's wrong.

« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2023, 10:14:30 AM »

[...]

That definitely sounds like a manager philosophy to me. I think he was spot on.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5