CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: 3/30/2023  (Read 1016 times)

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
Re: 3/30/2023
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2023, 09:11:22 AM »

Yankees have a day game at home. Weird thing is that they're starting with interleague game.
That does seem strange. I don't follow baseball that much, did they end up going with the DH in both leagues yet?

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2023, 09:11:33 AM »

Page 2 for Dave!

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2023, 09:24:55 AM »

Yankees have a day game at home. Weird thing is that they're starting with interleague game.
That does seem strange. I don't follow baseball that much, did they end up going with the DH in both leagues yet?
I'll have to look up if that is a change, but as far as I am aware, the DH is still only in AL.

I'll admit though that I don't pay much attention to changes made in the off season.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2023, 09:28:15 AM »

I'll have to look up if that is a change, but as far as I am aware, the DH is still only in AL.

I'll admit though that I don't pay much attention to changes made in the off season.
Apparently, there has been a DH in NL since last season. That one got by me.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2023, 09:31:18 AM »

For 2023:

A first-ever pitch clock, the elimination of the shift, bigger bases and a limit to how many times a pitcher can disengage from the rubber.

Some elaboration - At the start of each pitch, teams must have at least two infielders on either side of second base, with all four positioned on the infield dirt. Infielders may not switch positions unless there is a substitution.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2023, 09:32:52 AM »

I knew it was something they talked about, but wasn't sure if it was in place yet or not. I could probably count on one hand the number of innings I actually watched last year, not counting the independent league game I went to with my dad and grandpa.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2023, 09:33:06 AM »

Play ball !!!

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2023, 09:33:30 AM »

For 2023:

A first-ever pitch clock, the elimination of the shift, bigger bases and a limit to how many times a pitcher can disengage from the rubber.

Some elaboration - At the start of each pitch, teams must have at least two infielders on either side of second base, with all four positioned on the infield dirt. Infielders may not switch positions unless there is a substitution.
The pitch clock seems like it's going to be a great change, provided they stick with it. Spring games down like 30 minutes on average. That's huge.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2023, 09:34:13 AM »

Play ball !!!
Hell, the Yankees game will probably be over before the Guardians even get to the ballpark. Lol

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2023, 09:38:26 AM »

The designated hitter is a baseball player who bats in place of another position player, most commonly the pitcher. The position is authorized by Major League Baseball Rule 5.11. It was adopted by the American League in 1973 and by the National League in 2022, making it universal in MLB.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2023, 09:44:56 AM »

The designated hitter is a baseball player who bats in place of another position player, most commonly the pitcher. The position is authorized by Major League Baseball Rule 5.11. It was adopted by the American League in 1973 and by the National League in 2022, making it universal in MLB.
You're a wealth of useful information this morning.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2023, 09:56:32 AM »

No, Google is.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2023, 10:03:53 AM »

No, Google is.
I thought maybe wikipedia. But I'll give you the credit anyways.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2023, 10:13:11 AM »

No, Google is.
I had a mentor once tell me that the secret to success is, "take the credit and pass the blame." He said it jokingly but I'm not sure he's wrong.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2023, 10:14:30 AM »

No, Google is.
I had a mentor once tell me that the secret to success is, "take the credit and pass the blame." He said it jokingly but I'm not sure he's wrong.
That definitely sounds like a manager philosophy to me. I think he was spot on.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5