CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: 3/22/2023  (Read 1063 times)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
Re: 3/22/2023
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2023, 08:21:43 AM »

And good morning, fellow humps.
Good morning, Dave. All done work the electrical panel?
Still has one more thing to do with the grounding. He wasn't specific, but he might be putting in a new grounding rod outside. He was supposed to come yesterday morning, then pushed it off til noon, then didn't have enough time before I'd leave to pick up the kids from school. Couldn't come back in the evening because we had the shopping to do. He said he'd come back today depending on weather and there's rain in the forecast, so we'll see.
He's worse than IT.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2023, 08:26:42 AM »

Wordle 641 4/6

⬛🟨🟨⬛⬛
🟩🟨⬛🟨⬛
🟩⬛🟨⬛🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2023, 08:28:10 AM »

Still has one more thing to do with the grounding. He wasn't specific, but he might be putting in a new grounding rod outside. He was supposed to come yesterday morning, then pushed it off til noon, then didn't have enough time before I'd leave to pick up the kids from school. Couldn't come back in the evening because we had the shopping to do. He said he'd come back today depending on weather and there's rain in the forecast, so we'll see.
He's worse than IT.
LALTS

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2023, 08:28:34 AM »

Wordle 641 2/6*

⬛🟨⬛⬛🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2023, 09:27:44 AM »

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2023, 10:30:58 AM »

Into the 50s the last 3 days, supposed to get to 60 tomorrow. Most importantly, no highs in the 30s in the foreseeable future. Might finally be turning the corner on winter.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2023, 10:55:40 AM »

Morning, muchachos. 

Just got back from breakfast at the Kettle with the Duckling.  The Kettle is famous hereabouts for the size of the portions they serve.  The place went out of business for a couple of months last year because old man D'Augustine got fed up trying to find good staff and retired.  The whole town gasped in horror.  Then somebody stepped up and opened the place again.  Duckling didn't know it had reopened, so I surprised him this morning at 6am. 

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2023, 10:59:13 AM »

Morning, muchachos. 

Just got back from breakfast at the Kettle with the Duckling.  The Kettle is famous hereabouts for the size of the portions they serve.  The place went out of business for a couple of months last year because old man D'Augustine got fed up trying to find good staff and retired.  The whole town gasped in horror.  Then somebody stepped up and opened the place again.  Duckling didn't know it had reopened, so I surprised him this morning at 6am.
Morning, Page2Raz. Wish someone has surprised me and taken me out for breakfast this morning.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2023, 11:41:04 AM »

My only surprise this morning was that the guy actually showed up and is now putting in the new grounding rods.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2023, 11:45:29 AM »

Morning, muchachos. 

Morning, Page2Raz. Wish someone has surprised me and taken me out for breakfast this morning.
Same here. But I don't begrudge Raz quality time with the duckling.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2023, 11:45:45 AM »

My only surprise this morning was that the guy actually showed up and is now putting in the new grounding rods.
That sounds like success to me.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2023, 11:47:37 AM »

That sounds like success to me.
Indeed. The motivation to actually get paid is strong with him.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2023, 11:50:05 AM »

Morning, muchachos. 

Same here. But I don't begrudge Raz quality time with the duckling.
Agreed, quality time is precious these days.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2023, 11:50:07 AM »

The streak dies at 150. But at least my friends know I don't cheat. Night, lads.

Wordle 641 X/6

⬛⬛⬛🟩🟩
⬛⬛⬛🟩🟩
⬛⬛⬛🟩🟩
⬛⬛⬛🟩🟩
⬛⬛⬛🟩🟩
⬛⬛⬛🟩🟩
That sucks. No one thought you were cheating. 👏 Bravo to you! 150 is very impressive. I'm currently at 5 but may be going back to zero from the looks of it.
I did....

;) :P

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2023, 12:00:10 PM »

Greetings from Boston!
Speaking of electrical, my son call the electric company to ask that they check on the reason for frequent flickering of the lights in the house.  Technician came back and said the transformer was all the up the other end of the street, and by the time it got to their house, there was barely enough to keep things running.  They immediately rectified the situation...no charge and cleaned up all the house contacts to boot.  And this is after they have been in the house for four years.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4