Pages: 1 [2] 3

« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2023, 09:25:25 AM »

Wasn't able to grocery shop yesterday, so have to do that today without the wife but with the kids. Should be interesting.
They're not that young so it shouldn't be too bad. When my kids were really little, I would have rather taken a bullet than take them shopping.

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2023, 09:27:10 AM »

Wasn't able to grocery shop yesterday, so have to do that today without the wife but with the kids. Should be interesting.
They're not that young so it shouldn't be too bad. When my kids were really little, I would have rather taken a bullet than take them shopping.
Being young and being teenagers definitely have different challenges. But they haven't been grocery shopping since the before times, so they shouldn't complain too much. Doesn't mean they won't, but they shouldn't.  ;D

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2023, 09:27:18 AM »

I'm rereading The Phoenix Project. Like the book but it stresses me out.  The experience never feels like an escape.
Sounds like a rough read.
It's a good book but at times, it hits a little too close to home. It's actually a quick read.

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2023, 09:46:00 AM »

Speaking of close to home, this time of year I tend to read more golf stuff because I'm itching for the season to start. I just started this one yesterday:

https://www.amazon.com/First-Major-Inside-Story-Ryder/dp/1101971096/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=the+first+major+by+john+feinstein&qid=1679406339&sprefix=feinstein+first%2Caps%2C238&sr=8-1

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2023, 09:48:55 AM »

I'm rereading The Phoenix Project. Like the book but it stresses me out.  The experience never feels like an escape.
Sounds like a rough read.
Is it something you've been assigned to read for work, or on your own?
On my own. I read it before I got my PMP and now I want to check it out again before pursuing my PSM.

« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2023, 09:50:26 AM »

I'm rereading The Phoenix Project. Like the book but it stresses me out.  The experience never feels like an escape.
Sounds like a rough read.
Is it something you've been assigned to read for work, or on your own?
On my own. I read it before I got my PMP and now I want to check it out again before pursuing my PSM.
Going for valedictorian in that one, as well?  ;)

« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2023, 09:53:07 AM »

Speaking of close to home, this time of year I tend to read more golf stuff because I'm itching for the season to start. I just started this one yesterday:

https://www.amazon.com/First-Major-Inside-Story-Ryder/dp/1101971096/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=the+first+major+by+john+feinstein&qid=1679406339&sprefix=feinstein+first%2Caps%2C238&sr=8-1
That seems interesting.

Related note...
Recently heard that Michael Jordan is the highest paid athlete of all time (over his career, including endorsements, etc.). The next 3 highest paid are all golfers. Tiger and Jack but I forget the 3rd. Maybe Arnold Palmer?

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2023, 09:53:31 AM »

I'm rereading The Phoenix Project. Like the book but it stresses me out.  The experience never feels like an escape.
Sounds like a rough read.
Is it something you've been assigned to read for work, or on your own?
On my own. I read it before I got my PMP and now I want to check it out again before pursuing my PSM.
Going for valedictorian in that one, as well?  ;)
Always.

« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2023, 09:53:46 AM »

Morning, muchachos.

« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2023, 09:54:27 AM »

Morning, muchachos.
Yes it is! Good morning to you, Raz.

« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2023, 10:01:20 AM »

Morning, muchachos.
Morning, Page2Raz.

« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2023, 10:04:03 AM »

Speaking of close to home, this time of year I tend to read more golf stuff because I'm itching for the season to start. I just started this one yesterday:

https://www.amazon.com/First-Major-Inside-Story-Ryder/dp/1101971096/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=the+first+major+by+john+feinstein&qid=1679406339&sprefix=feinstein+first%2Caps%2C238&sr=8-1
That seems interesting.

Related note...
Recently heard that Michael Jordan is the highest paid athlete of all time (over his career, including endorsements, etc.). The next 3 highest paid are all golfers. Tiger and Jack but I forget the 3rd. Maybe Arnold Palmer?
I saw that as well. I don't remember who or the order, but it always amazes me the amount of endorsement money golfers can make. That's why new drivers come to the market at $600. They pay these guys a ton of money so they have to recoup those costs, but because they pay them the money, golfers are willing to put down that kind of dough for the same driver their favorite pro uses. It's a vicious cycle.

« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2023, 01:08:42 PM »

Triple lull.

« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2023, 01:12:13 PM »

Triple lull.
No birthdays, no photos.

« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2023, 01:17:23 PM »

Triple lull.
No birthdays, no photos.
I'd do it if I were working remotely but I'm in the office today.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3