Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2024, 04:37:47 PM »

Trumpf comments at Gettysburg pretty sad.  Why does he always sound like a sixth grader who didn't read the assignments but gets called on to comment?
He doesn't prepare. He doesn't think he needs to. But let's face it, Biden was the previous low-water mark, and hasn't improved except by unfortunate comparison.
Boy, old me would've had a field day with this one.
I was being complimentary to old Gaffer Joe.  Trump makes Joe look positively oratorical.

« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2024, 05:02:21 PM »

Trumpf comments at Gettysburg pretty sad.  Why does he always sound like a sixth grader who didn't read the assignments but gets called on to comment?
He doesn't prepare. He doesn't think he needs to. But let's face it, Biden was the previous low-water mark, and hasn't improved except by unfortunate comparison.
Boy, old me would've had a field day with this one.
I was being complimentary to old Gaffer Joe.  Trump makes Joe look positively oratorical.
Truth is, they're all assholes.

« Reply #62 on: April 15, 2024, 06:13:04 PM »

$450 electrician visit this AM.  hope that addresses all.
Ouch. What needed fixin'?
A breaker kept tripping and finally wouldn't reset.  Replaced the breaker but also found a short in the receiver for remote in the fan.  Did a thorough job of checking all outlets and switches on the line for signs of shorts/burn marks.  Found an improper ground on the line in the attic.  Also replaced a glitchy switch on the gas fireplace.
The house is falling down around you!

« Reply #63 on: April 15, 2024, 08:12:27 PM »

Trumpf comments at Gettysburg pretty sad.  Why does he always sound like a sixth grader who didn't read the assignments but gets called on to comment?
He doesn't prepare. He doesn't think he needs to. But let's face it, Biden was the previous low-water mark, and hasn't improved except by unfortunate comparison.
Boy, old me would've had a field day with this one.
I was being complimentary to old Gaffer Joe.  Trump makes Joe look positively oratorical.
Yeah, it sounded like a compliment.

« Reply #64 on: April 15, 2024, 08:13:01 PM »

Wordle 1,031 4/6*

⬛⬛⬛⬛🟨
⬛🟨🟨⬛⬛
⬛🟨🟨⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

« Reply #65 on: April 15, 2024, 09:04:11 PM »

MoWPAM

« Reply #66 on: April 15, 2024, 10:06:18 PM »

Trumpf comments at Gettysburg pretty sad.  Why does he always sound like a sixth grader who didn't read the assignments but gets called on to comment?
He doesn't prepare. He doesn't think he needs to. But let's face it, Biden was the previous low-water mark, and hasn't improved except by unfortunate comparison.
Boy, old me would've had a field day with this one.
I was being complimentary to old Gaffer Joe.  Trump makes Joe look positively oratorical.
Yeah, it sounded like a compliment.
Well, okay, I was insulting Trump. Does that help?

You're not trying to tell me Joe Biden walks on water and is a great orator are you? I mean, this is a guy who once asked a paraplegic to stand up and be recognized. And that's still better than Trump's oratorical drivel.

« Reply #67 on: April 15, 2024, 10:51:50 PM »

Trumpf comments at Gettysburg pretty sad.  Why does he always sound like a sixth grader who didn't read the assignments but gets called on to comment?
He doesn't prepare. He doesn't think he needs to. But let's face it, Biden was the previous low-water mark, and hasn't improved except by unfortunate comparison.
Boy, old me would've had a field day with this one.
I was being complimentary to old Gaffer Joe.  Trump makes Joe look positively oratorical.
Yeah, it sounded like a compliment.
Well, okay, I was insulting Trump. Does that help?

You're not trying to tell me Joe Biden walks on water and is a great orator are you? I mean, this is a guy who once asked a paraplegic to stand up and be recognized. And that's still better than Trump's oratorical drivel.
Not even a little. For the record, I don't think Biden is "the guy". But, he's the guy we have right now. Both guys are way too old and are constantly confusing people, places, events, etc. That's what happens when you get older.

But given the choices, I'll take the guy who confuses Mexico and Egypt rather than the guy who tried (and barely failed) to subvert the democratic process. Who has been very clear about wanting to win solely to punish those he perceives to have wronged him. Well, that and to try to get himself out of all his various legal proceedings. And who has said he only wants to rule like a king for one day, and then he'll be fine, he promises.

Honestly, I'm not even sure how this is a decision. And that's the last I'll have to say about it until the Wednesday after election day.

« Reply #68 on: April 15, 2024, 11:03:33 PM »

Good evening.

« Reply #69 on: April 15, 2024, 11:04:59 PM »

$450 electrician visit this AM.  hope that addresses all.
Ouch. What needed fixin'?
A breaker kept tripping and finally wouldn't reset.  Replaced the breaker but also found a short in the receiver for remote in the fan.  Did a thorough job of checking all outlets and switches on the line for signs of shorts/burn marks.  Found an improper ground on the line in the attic.  Also replaced a glitchy switch on the gas fireplace.
The house is falling down around you!
Just like me, getting all new parts.

« Reply #70 on: April 15, 2024, 11:10:55 PM »

Trumpf comments at Gettysburg pretty sad.  Why does he always sound like a sixth grader who didn't read the assignments but gets called on to comment?
He doesn't prepare. He doesn't think he needs to. But let's face it, Biden was the previous low-water mark, and hasn't improved except by unfortunate comparison.
Boy, old me would've had a field day with this one.
I was being complimentary to old Gaffer Joe.  Trump makes Joe look positively oratorical.
Yeah, it sounded like a compliment.
Well, okay, I was insulting Trump. Does that help?

You're not trying to tell me Joe Biden walks on water and is a great orator are you? I mean, this is a guy who once asked a paraplegic to stand up and be recognized. And that's still better than Trump's oratorical drivel.
My truth is Uncle Joe is an OK guy.  Would he be president if he ran against anyone but Trumpf, no.  Would I vote for him against most anyone else?  Probably not, but he's far and away the lesser of two evils.

« Reply #71 on: April 15, 2024, 11:20:36 PM »

[...]

And then, what? If Trump wins, Old Dave comes back?  And it's ongoing commentary about Drumpf and his supporters for the next four years like it was from 2016-2020?

Don't mistake my meaning, Dave.  I don't mind you insulting Trump.  I insult him myself.  But sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.  It seems you're a little sensitive about Biden.  So either we ban all political commentary altogether here, or we all get to insult who we wish to insult so long as it's not each other.  Because Tony's right - anybody who wants the job of POTUS is by definition an asshole.  Normal people don't want the job.

Peace.

« Reply #72 on: April 15, 2024, 11:25:01 PM »

not great...

Connections
Puzzle #309
🟨🟩🟨🟨
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟪🟪🟪🟦
🟪🟪🟪🟪
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟦🟦🟦🟦

« Reply #73 on: April 15, 2024, 11:35:55 PM »

Win is a win.

Wordle 1,031 5/6

⬛⬛🟨⬛⬛
⬛🟨🟨⬛⬛
⬛⬛🟨🟨🟨
🟨🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

« Reply #74 on: April 15, 2024, 11:48:13 PM »

Just not my game.

Strands #43
“This and that”
💡🔵💡🔵