CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on July 13, 2014, 12:00:12 AM

Title: 7/13/2014
Post by: CigarBanter on July 13, 2014, 12:00:12 AM
Let's talk cigars!  What deals have you found on the various Internet sites today?

Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: Johnny on July 13, 2014, 12:04:37 AM
Jam time!
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: Johnny on July 13, 2014, 01:17:59 AM
Well, where the fuck is everybody???
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: glassken on July 13, 2014, 01:23:38 AM
Well, where the fuck is everybody???
Hey, John.
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: Johnny on July 13, 2014, 03:45:46 AM
And nobody here either!
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: Johnny on July 13, 2014, 03:46:35 AM
Or no Chip,I should say.
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 13, 2014, 04:46:36 AM
Good morning guys.
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 13, 2014, 04:53:08 AM
 4 CAO Brazilia Chango Tubo Toro
          5/24.50
 3 Oliva Serie 'V'
          5/31.50
 2 Nub Cameroon 358
         10/32.50
 1 Ave Maria Reconquista Torpedo
         10/39.99
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 13, 2014, 05:20:25 AM
Or no Chip,I should say.
Sorry JR, I have been at the hospital with my mom since I found her Yesterday afternoon in her bed and she appeared to have had a stroke. I came home for a few hours of sleep before we head back again, a jam today will be a nice distraction to keep me busy.
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 13, 2014, 05:20:50 AM
Today is Sunday, July 13, the 194th day of 2014. There are 171 days left in the year.
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 13, 2014, 05:21:50 AM
Today's Highlight in History:

On July 13, 1939, Frank Sinatra made his first commercial recording, "From the Bottom of My Heart" and "Melancholy Mood," with Harry James and his Orchestra for the Brunswick label.
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 13, 2014, 05:22:43 AM
On this date:

Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 13, 2014, 05:23:13 AM
In 1787, the Congress of the Confederation adopted the Northwest Ordinance, which established a government in the Northwest Territory, an area corresponding to the present-day Midwest and Upper Midwest.
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 13, 2014, 05:24:07 AM
In 1793, French revolutionary writer Jean-Paul Marat was stabbed to death in his bath by Charlotte Corday, who was executed four days later.
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 13, 2014, 05:24:46 AM
In 1863, deadly rioting against the Civil War military draft erupted in New York City. (The insurrection was put down three days later.)
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 13, 2014, 05:25:17 AM
In 1923, a sign consisting of 50-foot-tall letters spelling out "HOLLYWOODLAND" was dedicated in the Hollywood Hills to promote a subdivision (the last four letters were removed in 1949).
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 13, 2014, 05:25:53 AM
In 1960, John F. Kennedy won the Democratic presidential nomination on the first ballot at his party's convention in Los Angeles.
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 13, 2014, 05:26:21 AM
In 1972, George McGovern received the Democratic presidential nomination at the party's convention in Miami Beach.
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 13, 2014, 05:27:00 AM
In 1973, former presidential aide Alexander P. Butterfield revealed to Senate Watergate Committee staff members the existence of President Richard Nixon's secret White House taping system. (Butterfield's public revelation came three days later.)
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 13, 2014, 05:27:36 AM
In 1974, the Senate Watergate Committee proposed sweeping reforms in an effort to prevent another Watergate scandal.
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 13, 2014, 05:28:06 AM
In 1977, a blackout lasting 25 hours hit the New York City area.
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 13, 2014, 05:28:51 AM
In 1978, Lee Iacocca was fired as president of Ford Motor Co. by chairman Henry Ford II.
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 13, 2014, 05:30:10 AM
In 1985, "Live Aid," an international rock concert in London, Philadelphia, Moscow and Sydney, took place to raise money for Africa's starving people.
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 13, 2014, 05:30:35 AM
In 1999, Angel Maturino Resendiz, suspected of being the "Railroad Killer," surrendered in El Paso, Texas. (Resendiz was executed in 2006.) Stanley Kubrick's final film, "Eyes Wide Shut" starring Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman, had its premiere in Los Angeles. (The movie opened in wide release three days later.)
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 13, 2014, 05:31:14 AM
In 1999, Angel Maturino Resendiz, suspected of being the "Railroad Killer," surrendered in El Paso, Texas. (Resendiz was executed in 2006.) Stanley Kubrick's final film, "Eyes Wide Shut" starring Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman, had its premiere in Los Angeles. (The movie opened in wide release three days later.)
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 13, 2014, 05:31:42 AM
Five years ago: Sonia Sotomayor, the first Hispanic Supreme Court nominee in history, vowed loyalty to "the impartiality of our justice system" at the start of her Senate confirmation hearing. President Barack Obama, back from his overseas trip, stepped forcefully back into the health care debate as he presented his nominee for surgeon general, Dr. Regina Benjamin.
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 13, 2014, 05:32:13 AM
One year ago: A jury in Sanford, Florida, cleared neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman of all charges in the shooting of Trayvon Martin, the unarmed black teenager whose killing unleashed furious debate over racial profiling, self-defense and equal justice. Tim Lincecum threw the second no-hitter in 11 days as the San Francisco Giants defeated the last-place San Diego Padres 9-0. Actor Cory Monteith, who'd shot to fame in the hit TV series "Glee" but was beset by addiction struggles, was found dead in a hotel room in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada; he was 31. Attorney Leonard Garment, 89, a friend and adviser to President Richard Nixon, died in New York.
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 13, 2014, 05:32:49 AM
Today's Birthdays: Actor Patrick Stewart is 74. Actor Robert Forster is 73. Actor Harrison Ford is 72. Singer-guitarist Roger McGuinn (The Byrds) is 72. Actor-comedian Cheech Marin is 68. Actress Daphne Maxwell Reid is 66. Actress Didi Conn is 63. Singer Louise Mandrell is 60. Actor-director Cameron Crowe is 57. Tennis player Anders Jarryd is 53. Rock musician Gonzalo Martinez De La Cotera (Marcy Playground) is 52. Actor Michael Jace is 52. Comedian Tom Kenny (TV: "SpongeBob SquarePants") is 52. Country singer-songwriter Victoria Shaw is 52. Bluegrass singer Rhonda Vincent is 52. Actor Kenny Johnson is 51. Country singer Neil Thrasher is 49. Singer Deborah Cox is 41. Actress Ashley Scott is 37. Rock musician Will Champion (Coldplay) is 36. Actor Fran Kranz is 33. Actor Colton Haynes is 26. Actor Steven R. McQueen is 26.
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 13, 2014, 05:33:38 AM
Thought for Today: "In every age it has been the tyrant, the oppressor and the exploiter who has wrapped himself in the cloak of patriotism, or religion, or both to deceive and overawe the People." — Eugene V. Debs, American labor activist (1855-1926).

Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 13, 2014, 06:26:17 AM
Good morning Short stack.
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: Short stack on July 13, 2014, 06:28:59 AM
Good morning Short stack.
Good morning Sir,Sorry to hear about your Mom,Hope she has a speedy recovery,We only get one  Mom.
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 13, 2014, 06:33:25 AM
Morning Chip, sure sorry to hear about your Mom thoughts and prayers are out for her.  Hopefully just a warning event such as I had almost 3 years ago leaving me with no damage.
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 13, 2014, 06:34:04 AM
Good morning Short stack.
Good morning Sir,Sorry to hear about your Mom,Hope she has a speedy recovery,We only get one  Mom.
Morning Short Stack.
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: Short stack on July 13, 2014, 06:37:28 AM
Good morning Short stack.
Good morning Sir,Sorry to hear about your Mom,Hope she has a speedy recovery,We only get one  Mom.
Morning Short Stack.
Good morning  Sir, Hope you have a good day by the pool
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 13, 2014, 06:37:37 AM
Good morning Short stack.
Good morning Sir,Sorry to hear about your Mom,Hope she has a speedy recovery,We only get one  Mom.
Yes only one Mother and no do overs so we have to enjoy family while we can, we never know how long we have together. I have a brother that lives behind my mother and he has to pass her house to get to his house, it's been well over a year since he has spent a single minute of his time and stopped to simply talk to her.
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 13, 2014, 06:43:34 AM
Good morning Short stack.
Good morning Sir,Sorry to hear about your Mom,Hope she has a speedy recovery,We only get one  Mom.
Morning Short Stack.
Good morning  Sir, Hope you have a good day by the pool
Thank you, 98 degrees here today so the pool or the air conditioning are about the only comfortable options.
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 13, 2014, 06:44:49 AM
Morning Chip, sure sorry to hear about your Mom thoughts and prayers are out for her.  Hopefully just a warning event such as I had almost 3 years ago leaving me with no damage.
She has always been active and still can out work me outside, she has some catching up time with the Docs to do since she hasn't had any sort of a check up since 1974, she has always been just a little stubborn about seeing a doctor.
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 13, 2014, 06:54:30 AM
Morning Chip, sure sorry to hear about your Mom thoughts and prayers are out for her.  Hopefully just a warning event such as I had almost 3 years ago leaving me with no damage.
She has always been active and still can out work me outside, she has some catching up time with the Docs to do since she hasn't had any sort of a check up since 1974, she has always been just a little stubborn about seeing a doctor.
So was I, had not had a medical exam since one was required prior to starting a job in 1998 and had stroke related symptoms for a month before I went then having to lift my left arm with my right one.  I was not in good shape like her though but took the warning to improve that situation.
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on July 13, 2014, 06:59:01 AM
good morning guys. EO #21 and coffee going here. counseling appointmant at 10am. who the fucks works on Sunday? although it fits my schedule.
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 13, 2014, 07:00:14 AM
good morning guys. EO #21 and coffee going here. counseling appointmant at 10am. who the fucks works on Sunday? although it fits my schedule.
Morning 3d Dean.  You sure stay busy these days.
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 13, 2014, 07:14:44 AM
 5 Man O' War Virtue Toro
         10/34.99
 4 CAO Brazilia Chango Tubo Toro
          5/24.50
 3 Oliva Serie 'V'
          5/31.50
 2 Nub Cameroon 358
         10/32.50
 1 Ave Maria Reconquista Torpedo
         10/39.99
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 13, 2014, 07:15:10 AM
good morning guys. EO #21 and coffee going here. counseling appointmant at 10am. who the fucks works on Sunday? although it fits my schedule.
Good morning Dean.
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on July 13, 2014, 07:17:05 AM
good morning guys. EO #21 and coffee going here. counseling appointmant at 10am. who the fucks works on Sunday? although it fits my schedule.
Morning 3d Dean.  You sure stay busy these days.
I don't feel busy Dave. more bored and linely if anything, but my cigars love me, they give themselves completely to me. ha.
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on July 13, 2014, 07:18:34 AM
Chip, I hope everything works out well with your mom.
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 13, 2014, 07:20:22 AM
And it is Whoops time again.
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 13, 2014, 07:24:40 AM
Chip, I hope everything works out well with your mom.
Thanks Dean.
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 13, 2014, 08:01:31 AM
 7 601 Serie La Bomba Napalm
         10/34.99
 6 La Gloria Cubana Serie R Black
         5/22.50
 5 Man O' War Virtue Toro
         10/34.99
 4 CAO Brazilia Chango Tubo Toro
          5/24.50
 3 Oliva Serie 'V'
          5/31.50
 2 Nub Cameroon 358
         10/32.50
 1 Ave Maria Reconquista Torpedo
         10/39.99
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on July 13, 2014, 08:35:57 AM
slow Sunday.
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on July 13, 2014, 08:44:11 AM
Hey Losers!
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 13, 2014, 08:59:24 AM
Hey Losers!
Morning Slacker glad you could finally wake up with a cheerful Hey.
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 13, 2014, 08:59:53 AM
slow Sunday.
Sheesher for sure.
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on July 13, 2014, 09:01:58 AM
slow Sunday.
Sheesher for sure.
Sunday mornings are supposed to be slow.
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 13, 2014, 09:07:58 AM
slow Sunday.
Sheesher for sure.
Sunday mornings are supposed to be slow.
Traveling Dave is enjoying some baseball and quality family time so that in itself slows down the posts.
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: dogdays on July 13, 2014, 09:27:29 AM
Or no Chip,I should say.
Sorry JR, I have been at the hospital with my mom since I found her Yesterday afternoon in her bed and she appeared to have had a stroke. I came home for a few hours of sleep before we head back again, a jam today will be a nice distraction to keep me busy.
Chip , I am so sorry to hear that .
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 13, 2014, 09:29:14 AM
Morning Dog.
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 13, 2014, 09:31:04 AM
Headed out to walk the dogs before it gets hot or hotter anyway.  Enjoy your Sunday Morning all.
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: dogdays on July 13, 2014, 09:33:43 AM
Morning Dog.
Good morning Dave ! .
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: dogdays on July 13, 2014, 09:39:05 AM
Good morning guy's ! .
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 13, 2014, 09:41:41 AM
 9 Perdomo Lot 23 Maduro Robusto
         10/32.50
 8 Rocky Patel Burn
          5/18.50
 7 601 Serie La Bomba Napalm
         10/34.99
 6 La Gloria Cubana Serie R Black
         5/22.50
 5 Man O' War Virtue Toro
         10/34.99
 4 CAO Brazilia Chango Tubo Toro
          5/24.50
 3 Oliva Serie 'V'
          5/31.50
 2 Nub Cameroon 358
         10/32.50
 1 Ave Maria Reconquista Torpedo
         10/39.99
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: SLY on July 13, 2014, 10:17:45 AM
Good morning Short stack.
Good morning Sir,Sorry to hear about your Mom,Hope she has a speedy recovery,We only get one  Mom.
Yes only one Mother and no do overs so we have to enjoy family while we can, we never know how long we have together. I have a brother that lives behind my mother and he has to pass her house to get to his house, it's been well over a year since he has spent a single minute of his time and stopped to simply talk to her.
Chip, so sorry to hear about your Mom.  How old is she & what's her first name?  Will pray for her now & when I go to Noon Mass. P.S.  Been there with both parents. It's traumatic.  Also with siblings who won't take the time to visit unless it's hospital time.  My sister (only girl) didn't call or visit for 4 F-in years (less than an hour away), but she did spend the last couple nights with her in the hospital & was with her when she dies.  So, if my Mom forgave her, I need to.  For the sake of love.
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 13, 2014, 10:34:53 AM
[...]
Thanks Sly, her name is Ruth and she is 77.
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 13, 2014, 10:37:29 AM
11 Saint Luis Rey Serie G Maduro No.6
         10/39.99
10 My Father Lancero No.4
          5/32.50
 9 Perdomo Lot 23 Maduro Robusto
         10/32.50
 8 Rocky Patel Burn
          5/18.50
 7 601 Serie La Bomba Napalm
         10/34.99
 6 La Gloria Cubana Serie R Black
         5/22.50
 5 Man O' War Virtue Toro
         10/34.99
 4 CAO Brazilia Chango Tubo Toro
          5/24.50
 3 Oliva Serie 'V'
          5/31.50
 2 Nub Cameroon 358
         10/32.50
 1 Ave Maria Reconquista Torpedo
         10/39.99
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 13, 2014, 11:05:26 AM
12 Torano Noventa Santiago
         10/24.50
11 Saint Luis Rey Serie G Maduro No.6
         10/39.99
10 My Father Lancero No.4
          5/32.50
 9 Perdomo Lot 23 Maduro Robusto
         10/32.50
 8 Rocky Patel Burn
          5/18.50
 7 601 Serie La Bomba Napalm
         10/34.99
 6 La Gloria Cubana Serie R Black
         5/22.50
 5 Man O' War Virtue Toro
         10/34.99
 4 CAO Brazilia Chango Tubo Toro
          5/24.50
 3 Oliva Serie 'V'
          5/31.50
 2 Nub Cameroon 358
         10/32.50
 1 Ave Maria Reconquista Torpedo
         10/39.99
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 13, 2014, 11:31:48 AM
13 Montecristo Classic Churchill
          5/29.50
12 Torano Noventa Santiago
         10/24.50
11 Saint Luis Rey Serie G Maduro No.6
         10/39.99
10 My Father Lancero No.4
          5/32.50
 9 Perdomo Lot 23 Maduro Robusto
         10/32.50
 8 Rocky Patel Burn
          5/18.50
 7 601 Serie La Bomba Napalm
         10/34.99
 6 La Gloria Cubana Serie R Black
         5/22.50
 5 Man O' War Virtue Toro
         10/34.99
 4 CAO Brazilia Chango Tubo Toro
          5/24.50
 3 Oliva Serie 'V'
          5/31.50
 2 Nub Cameroon 358
         10/32.50
 1 Ave Maria Reconquista Torpedo
         10/39.99
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on July 13, 2014, 11:44:10 AM
I'm just being nosey, and checking in for a minute.
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on July 13, 2014, 11:54:07 AM
[...]
Kids that don't visit their parents is a very touchy subject with me.  My brother, who is a minister and also lives close, never visited or checked on our mother.  Except for the time he stopped by to have pray service with her.  As soon as he was done with his service he asked me for her check book and for a $4,000 check for his collection plate.  He never came around again except one other time when his collection plate was empty.  I know down deep in my heart I should forgive him, but it won't be today..!
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on July 13, 2014, 11:56:48 AM

Going down to the beach with my last 101 gifted by FB. A few hours with a cold lemon aid under the umbrella till game time. Enjoy your Sunday boys.
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: dogdays on July 13, 2014, 12:17:23 PM

Going down to the beach with my last 101 gifted by FB. A few hours with a cold lemon aid under the umbrella till game time. Enjoy your Sunday boys.
Nice Pics , the back ground is Beautiful ! . and a nice cigar too  :)
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on July 13, 2014, 12:26:42 PM

Going down to the beach with my last 101 gifted by FB. A few hours with a cold lemon aid under the umbrella till game time. Enjoy your Sunday boys.
Nice Pics , the back ground is Beautiful ! . and a nice cigar too  :)
Sounds great Dave... Enjoy..!
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 13, 2014, 01:04:07 PM

Going down to the beach with my last 101 gifted by FB. A few hours with a cold lemon aid under the umbrella till game time. Enjoy your Sunday boys.
Enjoy that one, unlikely to get many more.
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 13, 2014, 01:08:20 PM
Good thoughts and prayers Chip.
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: dogdays on July 13, 2014, 01:27:48 PM
Good thoughts and prayers Chip.
+1
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on July 13, 2014, 01:46:26 PM
Or no Chip,I should say.
Sorry JR, I have been at the hospital with my mom since I found her Yesterday afternoon in her bed and she appeared to have had a stroke. I came home for a few hours of sleep before we head back again, a jam today will be a nice distraction to keep me busy.
keep us posted, we are all wishing her and the family the best.
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: TRO on July 13, 2014, 01:58:53 PM
Or no Chip,I should say.
Sorry JR, I have been at the hospital with my mom since I found her Yesterday afternoon in her bed and she appeared to have had a stroke. I came home for a few hours of sleep before we head back again, a jam today will be a nice distraction to keep me busy.
Chip, I hope that your mom is ok.  I will keep her and your family in my prayers.
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 13, 2014, 02:37:30 PM
16 Gurkha Titan Gordo
         10/34.99
15 5 Vegas Limitada TENTH
          5/29.50
14 Perdomo ESV Sampler 6 ct. Box
          1/32.50
[...]
Post by: LSUFAN on July 13, 2014, 02:40:17 PM
Or no Chip,I should say.
Sorry JR, I have been at the hospital with my mom since I found her Yesterday afternoon in her bed and she appeared to have had a stroke. I came home for a few hours of sleep before we head back again, a jam today will be a nice distraction to keep me busy.
keep us posted, we are all wishing her and the family the best.
Thanks guys, lots of tests run and waiting on a MRI Monday so the Docs can make a complete list, long and different road ahead for her and us I am afraid.
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 13, 2014, 03:30:52 PM
17 AVO XO Robusto
          5/24.50
[...]
Post by: LSUFAN on July 13, 2014, 04:28:31 PM
18 The Reckoning by Studio Tobac Robusto
          5/19.99
[...]
Post by: dwgbryant on July 13, 2014, 05:29:31 PM
Germany may have just won the WC.
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on July 13, 2014, 06:00:35 PM
Partagas Black robusto and water. t-storms just moved through.
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: cigarbreath on July 13, 2014, 06:18:33 PM
Oh shucky darn!  Gotta stop working in the yard because of a thunderstorm. We got a severe thunderstorm watch and a special weather advisory.  Oh, and working on a RP Nording toro part of OSD.
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 13, 2014, 06:19:33 PM
Germany may have just won the WC.
indeed they have!   Now we can forget soccerfor four more years .
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 13, 2014, 06:20:28 PM
At the airport so incommunicado for a bit.
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 13, 2014, 06:25:46 PM
At the airport so incommunicado for a bit.
Have a smooth trip.
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 13, 2014, 06:26:25 PM
Germany may have just won the WC.
indeed they have!   Now we can forget soccerfor four more years .
Wish it was 8 more years!
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: cigarbreath on July 13, 2014, 06:30:53 PM
At the airport so incommunicado for a bit.
Incommunicado Dave.
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: cigarbreath on July 13, 2014, 06:35:33 PM
Germany may have just won the WC.
indeed they have!   Now we can forget soccerfor four more years .
Wish it was 8 more years!
What, not a soccer aficionado?
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on July 13, 2014, 06:36:32 PM
At the airport so incommunicado for a bit.
Incommunicado Dave.
where you heading now, Dave?
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on July 13, 2014, 06:37:30 PM
Germany may have just won the WC.
indeed they have!   Now we can forget soccerfor four more years .
that's a GOOD thing.
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 13, 2014, 06:42:47 PM
At the airport so incommunicado for a bit.
Incommunicado Dave.
where you heading now, Dave?
He is on the way to France.
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on July 13, 2014, 06:49:10 PM
At the airport so incommunicado for a bit.
Incommunicado Dave.
where you heading now, Dave?
He is on the way to France.
ooh la la
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 13, 2014, 06:50:19 PM
At the airport so incommunicado for a bit.
Incommunicado Dave.
Three weeks to Cincinnati CB!
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 13, 2014, 06:52:27 PM
At the airport so incommunicado for a bit.
Incommunicado Dave.
where you heading now, Dave?
He is on the way to France.
ooh la la
Indeed.
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: cigarbreath on July 13, 2014, 06:52:32 PM
At the airport so incommunicado for a bit.
Incommunicado Dave.
where you heading now, Dave?
He is on the way to France.
The south of France?
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 13, 2014, 06:53:09 PM
Only on page 7?
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 13, 2014, 06:54:09 PM
At the airport so incommunicado for a bit.
Incommunicado Dave.
where you heading now, Dave?
He is on the way to France.
The south of France?
Yes, Nice
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 13, 2014, 06:56:30 PM
At the airport so incommunicado for a bit.
Incommunicado Dave.
where you heading now, Dave?
He is on the way to France.
The south of France?
Yes, Nice
Hell I thought you were gone already.  How was the family ball game trip?
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on July 13, 2014, 07:08:57 PM
Only on page 7?
slackers indeed!
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 13, 2014, 07:29:53 PM
Only on page 7?
slackers indeed!
Got 5 pages at the old place
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on July 13, 2014, 07:32:25 PM
Only on page 7?
slackers indeed!
Got 5 pages at the old place
is that what you'd call a balance of power?
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on July 13, 2014, 07:35:04 PM
Graduation Day in Detroit

A student played high school football in Detroit.
He was a great running back, but a really poor student.

At graduation, he didn't have enough credits.
But he was a great football star and the students held a
rally and demanded the principal give him a diploma anyway.

They were so insistent that the principal agreed if Dwayne could
answer one question correctly he would give him a diploma.

The one question test was held in the auditorium and
all the students packed the place. It was standing room only.

The principal was on the stage and told him to come up.

The principal had the diploma in his hand and said,
"Dwayne, if you can answer this question correctly I'll give you your diploma."

He said he was ready and the principal asked him the question.
"Dwayne," he said, "How much is three times seven?"

He looked up at the ceiling and the down at his shoes, just pondering the question.

The other students began chanting, "Graduate him anyway! Graduate him anyway!"

Then he held up his hand and the auditorium became silent.
He said, "I think I know the answer. Three times seven is twenty-one."

A hush fell over the auditorium and the students began another chant.

"Give him another chance! Give him another chance!"
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: Wenglish on July 13, 2014, 07:36:44 PM
Evening, men.  Time for a seegar.
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 13, 2014, 07:43:45 PM
Only on page 7?
slackers indeed!
Got 5 pages at the old place
is that what you'd call a balance of power?
Guess you could look at it that way.
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 13, 2014, 07:44:07 PM
Evening, men.  Time for a seegar.
evening sir.
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on July 13, 2014, 07:52:29 PM
Evening, men.  Time for a seegar.
LAdC red band burning here.
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: dogdays on July 13, 2014, 07:58:59 PM
Evening, men.  Time for a seegar.
LAdC red band burning here.
Nice Fred ! , I like those . I smoked one last week it was good .
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on July 13, 2014, 08:00:23 PM
Evening, men.  Time for a seegar.
LAdC red band burning here.
Nice Fred ! , I like those . I smoked one last week it was good .
Cuban dd!
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: Wenglish on July 13, 2014, 08:15:53 PM
Illusione 4/2g.  Looks pretty much flawless.

(http://i.imgur.com/WGck1cD.jpg) (http://imgur.com/WGck1cD)
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: dogdays on July 13, 2014, 08:28:02 PM
Evening, men.  Time for a seegar.
LAdC red band burning here.
Nice Fred ! , I like those . I smoked one last week it was good .
Cuban dd!
yard gar dd , is more like it !.
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on July 13, 2014, 08:34:48 PM
Evening, men.  Time for a seegar.
LAdC red band burning here.
Nice Fred ! , I like those . I smoked one last week it was good .
clouds rolling in,  wind picking up,  probably my last smoke of the day.
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: dogdays on July 13, 2014, 08:38:06 PM
Evening, men.  Time for a seegar.
LAdC red band burning here.
Nice Fred ! , I like those . I smoked one last week it was good .
clouds rolling in,  wind picking up,  probably my last smoke of the day.
Same here , it was nice all day , until sit  down to smoke a cigar ! .
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on July 13, 2014, 08:42:28 PM
Evening, men.  Time for a seegar.
LAdC red band burning here.
Nice Fred ! , I like those . I smoked one last week it was good .
clouds rolling in,  wind picking up,  probably my last smoke of the day.
Same here , it was nice all day , until sit  down to smoke a cigar ! .
I've heard dark clouds follow you everywhere!
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: dogdays on July 13, 2014, 08:44:39 PM
Evening, men.  Time for a seegar.
LAdC red band burning here.
Nice Fred ! , I like those . I smoked one last week it was good .
clouds rolling in,  wind picking up,  probably my last smoke of the day.
Same here , it was nice all day , until sit  down to smoke a cigar ! .
I've heard dark clouds follow you everywhere!
so true, so true, . lol ! .
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on July 13, 2014, 08:58:48 PM
Evening, men.  Time for a seegar.
LAdC red band burning here.
Nice Fred ! , I like those . I smoked one last week it was good .
clouds rolling in,  wind picking up,  probably my last smoke of the day.
Same here , it was nice all day , until sit  down to smoke a cigar ! .
I've heard dark clouds follow you everywhere!
so true, so true, . lol ! .
join the crowd!
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: cigarbreath on July 13, 2014, 09:01:16 PM
Evening, men.  Time for a seegar.
LAdC red band burning here.
Nice Fred ! , I like those . I smoked one last week it was good .
clouds rolling in,  wind picking up,  probably my last smoke of the day.
Same here , it was nice all day , until sit  down to smoke a cigar ! .
It's Fred's fault - a communist inspired plot I tell you.
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: Wenglish on July 13, 2014, 09:11:14 PM
Sheesh.
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: dogdays on July 13, 2014, 09:11:46 PM
Evening, men.  Time for a seegar.
LAdC red band burning here.
Nice Fred ! , I like those . I smoked one last week it was good .
clouds rolling in,  wind picking up,  probably my last smoke of the day.
Same here , it was nice all day , until sit  down to smoke a cigar ! .
It's Fred's fault - a communist inspired plot I tell you.
No , its CB fault ! . every thing is CB fault .
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: cigarbreath on July 13, 2014, 09:22:17 PM
Evening, men.  Time for a seegar.
LAdC red band burning here.
Nice Fred ! , I like those . I smoked one last week it was good .
clouds rolling in,  wind picking up,  probably my last smoke of the day.
Same here , it was nice all day , until sit  down to smoke a cigar ! .
I've heard dark clouds follow you everywhere!
so true, so true, . lol ! .
The Joe Btfsplk of the banter.
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: cigarbreath on July 13, 2014, 09:30:27 PM
Evening, men.  Time for a seegar.
LAdC red band burning here.
Nice Fred ! , I like those . I smoked one last week it was good .
clouds rolling in,  wind picking up,  probably my last smoke of the day.
Same here , it was nice all day , until sit  down to smoke a cigar ! .
It's Fred's fault - a communist inspired plot I tell you.
No , its CB fault ! . every thing is CB fault .
Hardly!
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: dogdays on July 13, 2014, 09:52:21 PM
Evening, men.  Time for a seegar.
LAdC red band burning here.
Nice Fred ! , I like those . I smoked one last week it was good .
clouds rolling in,  wind picking up,  probably my last smoke of the day.
Same here , it was nice all day , until sit  down to smoke a cigar ! .
It's Fred's fault - a communist inspired plot I tell you.
No , its CB fault ! . every thing is CB fault .
Hardly!
Are you sure ? , all right not every thing .
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: glassken on July 13, 2014, 09:55:18 PM
Smoking a La Trav Ninfa almost OTT. Only 1 day here. But, a paper in the pack said May, 2012. So, very good small cigar. Will fire up a MF Lancero next, maybe. Maybe H. Upmann Majestic!
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: Johnny on July 13, 2014, 10:06:47 PM
Howdy Ken.
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: Wenglish on July 13, 2014, 10:08:39 PM
Evening Gk and JR.  This 4/2g is going excellent.
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: Johnny on July 13, 2014, 10:09:54 PM
Evening Gk and JR.  This 4/2g is going excellent.
Evening Will,sounds like a great smoke.
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: Wenglish on July 13, 2014, 10:12:03 PM
Into the second half of the 4/2g.  Still have about 2.25 inches until I get to the band (about 1 inch from the head), so plenty of smoke left.    7.5x49 with a dense pack/slow burn.  About 1h55 burn time so far.  Real 3 hour smoke.
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: Johnny on July 13, 2014, 10:22:21 PM
Into the second half of the 4/2g.  Still have about 2.25 inches until I get to the band (about 1 inch from the head), so plenty of smoke left.    7.5x49 with a dense pack/slow burn.  About 1h55 burn time so far.  Real 3 hour smoke.
Only thing I've had to compare time wise would be the Diesel D.7,that one took me about 3 hours to smoke.
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on July 13, 2014, 10:25:27 PM
Hey, good evening drill bits....!!!
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: Johnny on July 13, 2014, 10:27:19 PM
Hey, good evening drill bits....!!!
Howdy BD.
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: glassken on July 13, 2014, 10:28:21 PM
Howdy Ken.
Howdy, Johnny! And Will.
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: Johnny on July 13, 2014, 10:30:52 PM
Howdy Ken.
Howdy, Johnny! And Will.
Ken, how was the family get together?
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: Wenglish on July 13, 2014, 10:31:14 PM
Into the second half of the 4/2g.  Still have about 2.25 inches until I get to the band (about 1 inch from the head), so plenty of smoke left.    7.5x49 with a dense pack/slow burn.  About 1h55 burn time so far.  Real 3 hour smoke.
Only thing I've had to compare time wise would be the Diesel D.7,that one took me about 3 hours to smoke.

I got these when Famous had the 40 off 150 deal.  Grabbed them and the Nirvanas.  Even with the discount, it was still an expensive cigar--I think it worked out to $6 a stick.  But it is lasting me the time it takes to smoke 2 high quality robustos, easily,  and we don't sneeze at $3 robustos.   So it's got a good value in terms of burn time, never mind the fact that it's got the Illusione flavor quality.
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on July 13, 2014, 10:32:42 PM
Hey, good evening drill bits....!!!
Howdy BD.
Evening jr....
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: Johnny on July 13, 2014, 10:34:59 PM
Into the second half of the 4/2g.  Still have about 2.25 inches until I get to the band (about 1 inch from the head), so plenty of smoke left.    7.5x49 with a dense pack/slow burn.  About 1h55 burn time so far.  Real 3 hour smoke.
Only thing I've had to compare time wise would be the Diesel D.7,that one took me about 3 hours to smoke.

I got these when Famous had the 40 off 150 deal.  Grabbed them and the Nirvanas.  Even with the discount, it was still an expensive cigar--I think it worked out to $6 a stick.  But it is lasting me the time it takes to smoke 2 high quality robustos, easily,  and we don't sneeze at $3 robustos.   So it's got a good value in terms of burn time, never mind the fact that it's got the Illusione flavor quality.
Indeed,if I could afford the Illusione I'd keep them in stock, but that's not the case so I'll just pick up the random 5 pack here and there.
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on July 13, 2014, 10:37:30 PM
I'm smoking a cigar, but I can't remember what it is...  Now I know what everyone means when they're asked, "what are you smoking...?"  And they say, "a cigar..."
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: Johnny on July 13, 2014, 10:40:28 PM
I'm smoking a cigar, but I can't remember what it is...  Now I know what everyone means when they're asked, "what are you smoking...?"  And they say, "a cigar..."
BD,I just keep the band on the table by me 'til I'm done,that way I have a quick reference if it's needed.
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on July 13, 2014, 10:45:43 PM
I'm smoking a cigar, but I can't remember what it is...  Now I know what everyone means when they're asked, "what are you smoking...?"  And they say, "a cigar..."
BD,I just keep the band on the table by me 'til I'm done,that way I have a quick reference if it's needed.
It's an HC Series Criollo from the $10 5 pack sampler..  It's not bad, burned very good.
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: Johnny on July 13, 2014, 10:47:31 PM
I'm smoking a cigar, but I can't remember what it is...  Now I know what everyone means when they're asked, "what are you smoking...?"  And they say, "a cigar..."
BD,I just keep the band on the table by me 'til I'm done,that way I have a quick reference if it's needed.
It's an HC Series Criollo from the $10 5 pack sampler..  It's not bad, burned very good.
I like those,probably my favorite of the HC line.
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on July 13, 2014, 10:50:55 PM
Jr, I got a good car story for ya.  My son called me the other night and said he couldn't turn his car off.  He said he turned the key off, but it wouldn't stop the engine.  Then he asked, "how do you turn it off...?"  I'm like, "I don't have any idea, I've never even thought of that problem before."  We checked on the internet and they said to disconnect the batter.  Yesterday was hot, and really didn't want to go over, but I did.  I disconnected the battery, and it kept running.  I'm hot and pissed off, and  I'm looking in his trunk and see an old rag.  I pulled off the air cleaner and used the rag to choke it to death...!!!  Yeah..!  I had actually thought about taking a potato with me and shoving it into the tail pipe... hahh..
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: glassken on July 13, 2014, 10:51:46 PM
Howdy Ken.
Howdy, Johnny! And Will.
Ken, how was the family get together?
Not bad. Make pulled pork samiches, and beans and salad. Dark honey wheat buns. We call them po boys, but hero, sub, Hoagy will do! It's still all Italian! One of the million things the Italians bestowed upon humanity! Food, Philosophy, religion, geniuses, art, Food, etc.. Oh, did I mention food?
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: Johnny on July 13, 2014, 10:54:45 PM
Jr, I got a good car story for ya.  My son called me the other night and said he couldn't turn his car off.  He said he turned the key off, but it wouldn't stop the engine.  Then he asked, "how do you turn it off...?"  I'm like, "I don't have any idea, I've never even thought of that problem before."  We checked on the internet and they said to disconnect the batter.  Yesterday was hot, and really didn't want to go over, but I did.  I disconnected the battery, and it kept running.  I'm hot and pissed off, and  I'm looking in his trunk and see an old rag.  I pulled off the air cleaner and used the rag to choke it to death...!!!  Yeah..!  I had actually thought about taking a potato with me and shoving it into the tail pipe... hahh..
Don't think I've run into that problem before,not sure of the correction for it.
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on July 13, 2014, 11:00:31 PM
Jr, I got a good car story for ya.  My son called me the other night and said he couldn't turn his car off.  He said he turned the key off, but it wouldn't stop the engine.  Then he asked, "how do you turn it off...?"  I'm like, "I don't have any idea, I've never even thought of that problem before."  We checked on the internet and they said to disconnect the batter.  Yesterday was hot, and really didn't want to go over, but I did.  I disconnected the battery, and it kept running.  I'm hot and pissed off, and  I'm looking in his trunk and see an old rag.  I pulled off the air cleaner and used the rag to choke it to death...!!!  Yeah..!  I had actually thought about taking a potato with me and shoving it into the tail pipe... hahh..
Don't think I've run into that problem before,not sure of the correction for it.
A rag in the air cleaner kill it in about 10 sec.
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: Johnny on July 13, 2014, 11:04:24 PM
[...]
Has it happened again?
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on July 13, 2014, 11:07:30 PM
[...]
It's probably the ignition switch.  When you turn it to off, it feels like the cap on a childproof bottle.
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: Johnny on July 13, 2014, 11:10:21 PM
[...]
What kind of car is it?
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on July 13, 2014, 11:11:21 PM
[...]
1996 Crown Vic
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on July 13, 2014, 11:11:26 PM
Evening boys....Four Kicks by Crowned Heads
10 CIGARS (47% savings!) ....are up, buy if you likem?
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on July 13, 2014, 11:12:14 PM
[...]
i think that's your problem.
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: Johnny on July 13, 2014, 11:13:08 PM
[...]
Probably the Ign. switch then, just replace it.
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: Johnny on July 13, 2014, 11:14:34 PM
Evening boys....Four Kicks by Crowned Heads
10 CIGARS (47% savings!) ....are up, buy if you likem?
Got them in the cart,I'll sleep on it tonite.
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on July 13, 2014, 11:17:17 PM
Evening boys....Four Kicks by Crowned Heads
10 CIGARS (47% savings!) ....are up, buy if you likem?
Got them in the cart,I'll sleep on it tonite.
i wasn't a big fan. Love some of the other stuff they do, just not the 4 kicks.
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: Johnny on July 13, 2014, 11:18:55 PM
Evening boys....Four Kicks by Crowned Heads
10 CIGARS (47% savings!) ....are up, buy if you likem?
Got them in the cart,I'll sleep on it tonite.
i wasn't a big fan. Love some of the other stuff they do, just not the 4 kicks.
Had a few sent to me here and there,I enjoyed them.
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: Johnny on July 13, 2014, 11:34:55 PM
Hoping to see one more deal before the Jam is over,but not looking good right now.
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on July 13, 2014, 11:37:49 PM
I'm heading for bed. nite..!
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: Johnny on July 13, 2014, 11:39:30 PM
I'm heading for bed. nite..!
G'nite BD.
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: glassken on July 13, 2014, 11:55:33 PM
I'm heading for bed. nite..!
G'nite BD.
My DPG Black is blowing up all around me! I have wrapper leaf on fire dropping in my lap. It still tastes good, though!
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: Johnny on July 13, 2014, 11:59:28 PM
I'm heading for bed. nite..!
G'nite BD.
My DPG Black is blowing up all around me! I have wrapper leaf on fire dropping in my lap. It still tastes good, though!
That sucks Ken.
Title: Re: 7/13/2014
Post by: Wenglish on July 14, 2014, 12:01:16 AM
HERF announcement for anyone who is interested/crazy/smokes a lot.

We're doing a Cuaba Diadema Herf.

That is a monster figurado, 9.13x55.  Comes from Cuba.  Should be tasty.  Also, it is expensive.  Best price is about $15 a stick.  They come in boxes of 5, at least, so it is fairly economical to buy them.

When?

When it happens.  There is no set date--that will depend on how quickly box orders fill up, how quickly they get ordered and arrive, and then how quickly whoever is coordinating that box gets those cigars sent out to their fellow BOTLs.

Who?

I'm coordinating box # 1.  All 5 slots are already spoken for and the box is ordered.

No one is coordinating box #2 (yet).  So far, 2 of the 5 slots are spoken for.

If anyone from box #1 wants a second stick (or wants to run box 2?), just let me know and I'm sure it can work.

How?

Great question.  Basically, seat of the pants.

What I'm doing right now is whoever is ordering the box will ship the smokes out to whoever is in.  That makes sense in a vacuum.  But if all the NJ guys are in, it doesn't make any sense to have Joe order and send out 4 packages to NJ when us NJ guys could all just meet up locally.  And so on and so forth.  Basically, however it works out best for common sense.

I don't imagine logistics will really be an issue since we're a small community and I doubt everyone will want in.
[size=78%] [/size]