CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on July 05, 2014, 12:00:02 AM

Title: 7/5/2014
Post by: CigarBanter on July 05, 2014, 12:00:02 AM
Let's talk cigars!  What deals have you found on the various Internet sites today?
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on July 05, 2014, 12:06:52 AM
We made it to other day!
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: Wenglish on July 05, 2014, 12:27:03 AM
Happy 5th of July East coasters.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on July 05, 2014, 12:31:48 AM
Happy 5th of July East coasters.
What's on fire, Will?  Trinidad corona here.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: Wenglish on July 05, 2014, 12:32:30 AM
Getting down into the last third of this SL Hababo Toro.  March '12 batch, per the spreadsheet.  Plenty of life left in it.  Certainly didn't lose most of its punch like the Diesel or MoW line (not that they're terrible with age, but much calmer).
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: Wenglish on July 05, 2014, 12:35:00 AM
Happy 5th of July East coasters.
What's on fire, Will?  Trinidad corona here.

SL Hababo Toro, just about done.  Not sure if I'll smoke a 3rd.  After the first glass of Four Roses Single barrel I switched to the Small Batch.  On glass 4? of this.  Not bad at all for a "value" bourbon.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on July 05, 2014, 12:46:42 AM
Happy 5th of July East coasters.
What's on fire, Will?  Trinidad corona here.

SL Hababo Toro, just about done.  Not sure if I'll smoke a 3rd.  After the first glass of Four Roses Single barrel I switched to the Small Batch.  On glass 4? of this.  Not bad at all for a "value" bourbon.
I bought a bottle of Crown XO to enjoy the 4th with some friends,  but because of Arthur it didn't happen.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: Wenglish on July 05, 2014, 12:48:56 AM
Happy 5th of July East coasters.
What's on fire, Will?  Trinidad corona here.

SL Hababo Toro, just about done.  Not sure if I'll smoke a 3rd.  After the first glass of Four Roses Single barrel I switched to the Small Batch.  On glass 4? of this.  Not bad at all for a "value" bourbon.

Damn.  It's been a while since I looked up pricing on the small batch.  I grabbed 3 bottles of it on sale 4 or 5 years ago for $22.99.  I never drank the last bottle (it got stashed away in the closet behind some stuff with a few other duplicate bottles) until I cleaned some stuff out this Spring.  Now I see its on sale for $30.  Sheesh.

Even at $30, it's still cheap in the grand scheme of expensive liquor.  And pretty good, compared to the other bottles in that price point.  Buffalo Trace for a few dollar less would probably win my dollars at the store.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: Wenglish on July 05, 2014, 12:51:48 AM
I think that's an appropriately tasteful avatar.  Lacks the paper bag.  Oh fuckin' well.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on July 05, 2014, 12:55:43 AM
I think that's an appropriately tasteful avatar.  Lacks the paper bag.  Oh fuckin' well.
Ken will love it !
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: Wenglish on July 05, 2014, 12:57:49 AM
Is that a Cuban Trinidad you're working on Fredbob?  Colonial I think is their most corona type vitola.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on July 05, 2014, 01:01:24 AM
Is that a Cuban Trinidad you're working on Fredbob?  Colonial I think is their most corona type vitola.
Cuban, I wish!
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: Wenglish on July 05, 2014, 01:03:22 AM
Is that a Cuban Trinidad you're working on Fredbob?  Colonial I think is their most corona type vitola.
Cuban, I wish!

You never know.  One of these days I'll pick up some Reyes or something and then decide they weren't worth the price premium.   But I won't know until I try and I doubt the trying will be terrible.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: Wenglish on July 05, 2014, 01:14:59 AM
I think I'm approaching the correct amount of bourbon to have consumed.

It seems like a good idea to jam out to this dvd-a I'm listening to on the laptop, Amazing Journey.  A The Who tribute concert from Mike Portnoy, Paul Gilbert, Bobby Sheehan, and some guy on vocals I don't know. Not on the laptop, though, but with the stereo with the dials turned to 11.  Spinal Tap style.

But not good enough to actually get up and do that.  So yes, correct amount of bourbon.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: glassken on July 05, 2014, 01:20:59 AM
I think I'm approaching the correct amount of bourbon to have consumed.

It seems like a good idea to jam out to this dvd-a I'm listening to on the laptop, Amazing Journey.  A The Who tribute concert from Mike Portnoy, Paul Gilbert, Bobby Sheehan, and some guy on vocals I don't know. Not on the laptop, though, but with the stereo with the dials turned to 11.  Spinal Tap style.

But not good enough to actually get up and do that.  So yes, correct amount of bourbon.
Joya de Nicaragua is one of the most celebrated brands of the last half century. To celebrate their 45th Anniversary (and Nicaragua and the city of Esteli), they created the Cuatro Cinco. This cigar, like many of Joya de Nicaragua's cigars, is a Nicaragua puro, consisting of tobaccos from the Esteli and Jalapa regions, including a 5-year-old ligero that Joya de Nicaragua has been saving for just such an occasion. If this wasn't already enough to make this a special cigar, the filler tobaccos were aged in oak barrels for over a year, to provide them the smoothest and most complex array of flavors. When you light one of these stogies up, you'll get to enjoy a range of medium-bodied characteristics from notes of espresso and woodiness to hints of cayenne pepper and a creamy finish. The Cuatro Cinco is being released in a single size, a 6 x 54 Toro, that's lightly box-pressed and perfectly constructed to provide an even burn and a perfect draw. These won't last, so grab a box while you can!
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: Wenglish on July 05, 2014, 01:21:43 AM
Hey GK.  You smoking one or just like the ad copy?
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: glassken on July 05, 2014, 01:23:47 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZojxciNskU
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: glassken on July 05, 2014, 01:24:33 AM
Hey GK.  You smoking one or just like the ad copy?
Never had one, and yes I like the ad. Sounds good!
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: glassken on July 05, 2014, 01:31:55 AM
I know you have seen this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmbayHHUPcA
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: Wenglish on July 05, 2014, 01:38:29 AM
I know you have seen this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmbayHHUPcA

That and other ones like it.  Best drummer in the game since the 90s, maybe even earlier (not that there are any quality recordings of himf floating around from the 80s, maybe some old Majesty demos).  As much as he is crazy technical and can play impossible dotted rhythms and everything, he is still a drummer with great feel.

Most of his work with Dream Theater doesn't really show that side of him, of course, but try out Transatlantic or any of his other side/tribute projects-he still gets crazy at times, but only at times.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: Wenglish on July 05, 2014, 01:45:04 AM
Hey GK.  You smoking one or just like the ad copy?
Never had one, and yes I like the ad. Sounds good!

They are on the radar.  I'm hoping for a closeout price before they're all sold.  Sounds interesting and I enjoy the Joya stuff.  Some reviews I've read make it sound like a slightly more sophisticated Antano, though, and I'm not sure if it would be the worth the price premium.  Don't know Atlantics VIP pricing, but the $10+ regular price steers me away.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: glassken on July 05, 2014, 01:47:16 AM
I know you have seen this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmbayHHUPcA

That and other ones like it.  Best drummer in the game since the 90s, maybe even earlier (not that there are any quality recordings of himf floating around from the 80s, maybe some old Majesty demos).  As much as he is crazy technical and can play impossible dotted rhythms and everything, he is still a drummer with great feel.

Most of his work with Dream Theater doesn't really show that side of him, of course, but try out Transatlantic or any of his other side/tribute projects-he still gets crazy at times, but only at times.
Dave Lombardo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nG9IOZqGHdM
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: glassken on July 05, 2014, 01:48:39 AM
Hey GK.  You smoking one or just like the ad copy?
Never had one, and yes I like the ad. Sounds good!

They are on the radar.  I'm hoping for a closeout price before they're all sold.  Sounds interesting and I enjoy the Joya stuff.  Some reviews I've read make it sound like a slightly more sophisticated Antano, though, and I'm not sure if it would be the worth the price premium.  Don't know Atlantics VIP pricing, but the $10+ regular price steers me away.
$110, for 10--and 5 Undergrowths!
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: Wenglish on July 05, 2014, 01:57:41 AM
I know you have seen this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmbayHHUPcA (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmbayHHUPcA)

That and other ones like it.  Best drummer in the game since the 90s, maybe even earlier (not that there are any quality recordings of himf floating around from the 80s, maybe some old Majesty demos).  As much as he is crazy technical and can play impossible dotted rhythms and everything, he is still a drummer with great feel.

Most of his work with Dream Theater doesn't really show that side of him, of course, but try out Transatlantic or any of his other side/tribute projects-he still gets crazy at times, but only at times.
Dave Lombardo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nG9IOZqGHdM (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nG9IOZqGHdM)

My argument against Lombardo is that Slayer stopped being relevant somewhere around Seasons in the Abyss, which was what?  88 or 90?  I don't know enough of his non-Slayer work.  Maybe he filled in with Dixie Dregs and can jazz it up like a motherfucker.

Within thrash though?  Gene Hoglan.  Darkness Descends (for pure insanity) and Time Does Not Heal (for tech-thrash) are good examples.  I don't know of any good "solos" by him, but drum solos were never the point of thrash.  Not that anyone Gene ever played with was really relevant, but for something to snap the spine to, you could do a lot worse than Dark Angel.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: TruDog on July 05, 2014, 02:09:28 AM
I know you have seen this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmbayHHUPcA
.....Dig'N iT bRotheR.....
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: glassken on July 05, 2014, 02:13:52 AM
H. Upmann nubbed. Pretty great for a non-aged Cuban IMHO. Sleepy time for me!
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: glassken on July 05, 2014, 02:14:23 AM
I know you have seen this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmbayHHUPcA
.....Dig'N iT bRotheR.....
Doggy! What is up??
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: TruDog on July 05, 2014, 02:26:29 AM
I know you have seen this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmbayHHUPcA
.....Dig'N iT bRotheR.....
Doggy! What is up??
...Just get'n dinky....great video....he's great.  But still luv Neil Pert....and you?
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: TruDog on July 05, 2014, 02:28:44 AM
I know you have seen this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmbayHHUPcA
.....Dig'N iT bRotheR.....
Doggy! What is up??
...Just get'n dinky....great video....he's great.  But still luv Neil Pert....and you?
....Neil Peart.....
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: glassken on July 05, 2014, 02:35:15 AM
I know you have seen this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmbayHHUPcA
.....Dig'N iT bRotheR.....
Doggy! What is up??
...Just get'n dinky....great video....he's great.  But still luv Neil Pert....and you?
Love the Neil! Greatest drummer, and my generation! Kinda. Saw Rush in concert 4 times! Was 14 when I bought 2112!
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: Wenglish on July 05, 2014, 02:39:39 AM
I know you have seen this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmbayHHUPcA
.....Dig'N iT bRotheR.....
Doggy! What is up??
...Just get'n dinky....great video....he's great.  But still luv Neil Pert....and you?
Love the Neil! Greatest drummer, and my generation! Kinda. Saw Rush in concert 4 times! Was 14 when I bought 2112!

Try Cygnus and the Sea Monsters.  Portnoy's Rush tribute.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: glassken on July 05, 2014, 02:43:23 AM
I know you have seen this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmbayHHUPcA
.....Dig'N iT bRotheR.....
Doggy! What is up??
...Just get'n dinky....great video....he's great.  But still luv Neil Pert....and you?
Love the Neil! Greatest drummer, and my generation! Kinda. Saw Rush in concert 4 times! Was 14 when I bought 2112!

Try Cygnus and the Sea Monsters.  Portnoy's Rush tribute.
Heard it, and it's awesome. Peart was inspiration for many drummers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruIRu0Gypls
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: TruDog on July 05, 2014, 03:28:36 AM
I know you have seen this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmbayHHUPcA
.....Dig'N iT bRotheR.....
Doggy! What is up??
...Just get'n dinky....great video....he's great.  But still luv Neil Pert....and you?
Love the Neil! Greatest drummer, and my generation! Kinda. Saw Rush in concert 4 times! Was 14 when I bought 2112!
...Finally dug this uP......it was 11-26-75........Memorial Field House......Kiss/ Mott/ and Rush was the warm uP....and yes I was there...16 year old drunk'n punk........and not much has changed.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: glassken on July 05, 2014, 03:33:38 AM
I know you have seen this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmbayHHUPcA
.....Dig'N iT bRotheR.....
Doggy! What is up??
...Just get'n dinky....great video....he's great.  But still luv Neil Pert....and you?
Love the Neil! Greatest drummer, and my generation! Kinda. Saw Rush in concert 4 times! Was 14 when I bought 2112!
...Finally dug this uP......it was 11-26-75........Memorial Field House......Kiss/ Mott/ and Rush was the warm uP....and yes I was there...16 year old drunk'n punk........and not much has changed.
Craig, you do know your music, though! Was that Mott the Hoople? I saw Kiss and Rush--and many more, but never the Hoople! Would have liked to see them to have a muddled memory of! Very cool!
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 05, 2014, 04:02:05 AM
Good morning guys.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 05, 2014, 04:10:09 AM
You guys still up?
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 05, 2014, 04:10:42 AM
Not you, Chip. You're always up at this hour.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 05, 2014, 04:20:02 AM
But good morning, Chip.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 05, 2014, 04:23:39 AM
But good morning, Chip.
Good morning Bret.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 05, 2014, 04:24:11 AM
Not you, Chip. You're always up at this hour.
Even when I don't want to be I am afraid.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 05, 2014, 04:36:35 AM
Today is Saturday, July 5, the 186th day of 2014. There are 179 days left in the year.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 05, 2014, 04:37:05 AM
Today's Highlight in History:

On July 5, 1954, Elvis Presley's first commercial recording session took place at Sun Records in Memphis, Tennessee; the song he recorded was "That's All Right."
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 05, 2014, 04:37:30 AM
On this date:

Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 05, 2014, 04:37:52 AM
Not you, Chip. You're always up at this hour.
Even when I don't want to be I am afraid.
Gotta stay in the rhythm?
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 05, 2014, 04:37:58 AM
In 1687, Isaac Newton first published his Principia Mathematica, a three-volume work setting out his mathematical principles of natural philosophy.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 05, 2014, 04:38:30 AM
In 1811, Venezuela became the first South American country to declare independence from Spain.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 05, 2014, 04:39:01 AM
In 1865, William Booth founded the Salvation Army in London.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 05, 2014, 04:39:33 AM
In 1935, President Franklin D. Roosevelt signed the National Labor Relations Act.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 05, 2014, 04:40:00 AM
In 1943, the Battle of Kursk began during World War II; in the weeks that followed, the Soviets were able to repeatedly repel the Germans, who eventually withdrew in defeat.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 05, 2014, 04:40:32 AM
In 1946, the bikini, created by Louis Reard (ray-AHRD'), was modeled by Micheline Bernardini during a poolside fashion show in Paris.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 05, 2014, 04:40:59 AM
In 1947, Larry Doby made his debut with the Cleveland Indians, becoming the first black player in the American League.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 05, 2014, 04:41:28 AM
In 1962, independence took effect in Algeria; the same day, civilians of European descent, mostly French, came under attack by extremists in the port city of Oran.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 05, 2014, 04:42:08 AM
In 1975, Arthur Ashe became the first black man to win a Wimbledon singles title as he defeated Jimmy Connors.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 05, 2014, 04:42:33 AM
In 1984, the Supreme Court weakened the 70-year-old "exclusionary rule," deciding that evidence seized in good faith with defective court warrants could be used against defendants in criminal trials.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 05, 2014, 04:43:26 AM
In 1989, "The Seinfeld Chronicles," the pilot to the situation comedy "Seinfeld," aired on NBC-TV.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 05, 2014, 04:44:00 AM
In 1991, a worldwide financial scandal erupted as regulators in eight countries shut down the Bank of Credit and Commerce International.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 05, 2014, 04:44:40 AM
Ten years ago: In a stinging rebuke, Mexican President Vicente Fox's chief of staff, Alfonso Durazo, resigned; in a 19-page letter, Durazo said he objected to first lady Marta Sahagun's presidential ambitions and claimed the administration was repeating some of the vices of the old ruling party that Fox had unseated after seven decades in power.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 05, 2014, 04:45:31 AM
Five years ago: A bankruptcy judge ruled that General Motors Corp. could sell the bulk of its assets to a new company, clearing the way for the automaker to emerge from bankruptcy protection. Riots and street battles that killed nearly 200 people erupted in China's western Xinjiang province in the deadliest ethnic unrest to hit the region in decades. Roger Federer won his record 15th Grand Slam title when he outlasted Andy Roddick 5-7, 7-6 (6), 7-6 (5), 3-6, 16-14 in a marathon match for his sixth Wimbledon championship.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 05, 2014, 04:46:05 AM
One year ago: Pope Francis cleared two of the 20th Century's most influential popes to become saints in the Roman Catholic church, approving a miracle needed to canonize Pope John Paul II and waiving Vatican rules to honor Pope John XXIII. Enraged Islamists pushed back against the toppling of President Mohammed Morsi, as tens of thousands of his supporters took to the streets vowing to win his reinstatement and clashed with their opponents in violence that killed some three dozen people.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 05, 2014, 04:46:44 AM
Today's Birthdays: Actress Katherine Helmond is 85. Actress Shirley Knight is 78. Singer-musician Robbie Robertson is 71. Julie Nixon Eisenhower is 66. Rock star Huey Lewis is 64. Baseball Hall-of-Fame pitcher Rich "Goose" Gossage is 63. Country musician Charles Ventre is 62. Singer-songwriter Marc Cohn is 55. Actor Dorien Wilson is 52. Actress Edie Falco is 51. Actress Jillian Armenante is 50. Actress Kathryn Erbe (er-BEE') is 49. Actor Michael Stuhlbarg (STOOL'-bahrg) is 46. Country musician Brent Flynn (Flynnville Train) is 45. Rapper RZA (RIH'-zuh) is 45. Rhythm-and-blues singer Joe is 41. Rock musician Bengt Lagerberg (The Cardigans) is 41. Actor Dale Godboldo is 39. Rapper Bizarre is 38. Rapper Royce da 5'9" is 37. Rock singer Jason Wade (Lifehouse) is 34. Actor Ryan Hansen is 33. Country musician Dave Haywood (Lady Antebellum) is 32. Rock musician Nick O'Malley (Arctic Monkeys) is 29. Actor Jason Dolley is 23.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 05, 2014, 04:47:16 AM
Thought for Today: "Without promotion something terrible happens: Nothing!" — P.T. Barnum, American showman (born this date 1810, died 1891).

Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 05, 2014, 04:48:34 AM
Genuine Subtitles Used in Chinese Language Films
-------------------------

I love chinese/japanese films but have learned to wait
until the proper English translations for most films but some
of the original chinese subtitles make the films rather more entertaining:

I am damn unsatisfied to be killed in this way

Quiet or I'll blow your throat up

I'll fire aimlessly if you don't come out!

Beware! Your bones are going to be disconnected

Damn, I'll burn you into a BBQ chicken!

Fatty, you with your thick face have hurt my instep

Same old rules: no eyes, no groin

A normal person wouldn't steal pituitaries

Take my advice, or I'll spank you without pants

Who gave you the nerve to get killed here?

You always use violence. I should've ordered glutinous rice chicken

You daring lousy guy

Beat him out of recognizable shape!

I have been scared ****less too much lately

I got knife scars more than the number of your leg's hair!

The bullets inside are very hot. Why do I feel so cold?

How can you use my intestines as a gift?

This will be of fine service for you, you bag of the scum

I am sure you will not mind that I remove your manhoods and leave them out on the dessert flour for your aunts to eat

Yah-hah, evil spider woman!

I have captured you by the short rabbits and can now deliver you violently to your gynaecologist for a thorough extermination

Greetings, large black person

Let us not forget to form a team up together and go into the country to inflict the pain of our karate feets on some ass of the giant lizard person
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 05, 2014, 04:50:26 AM
Not you, Chip. You're always up at this hour.
Even when I don't want to be I am afraid.
Gotta stay in the rhythm?
I don't think it is possible to break the rhythm now, it's been to many years now.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on July 05, 2014, 05:57:14 AM
good morning Chip.
what happened to summer? 58° here.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 05, 2014, 05:57:30 AM
Good Morning Mr LSU how are you?  Dry enough to mow today?
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 05, 2014, 05:58:13 AM
good morning Chip.
what happened to summer? 58° here.
morning Dean that is a chilly summer day.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 05, 2014, 06:30:29 AM
good morning Chip.
what happened to summer? 58° here.
We will take that down here Dean.  Good morning Dean.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 05, 2014, 06:32:56 AM
Good Morning Mr LSU how are you?  Dry enough to mow today?
Sad to say it is and thaw my plans for today.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 05, 2014, 06:33:36 AM
Good Morning Mr LSU how are you?  Dry enough to mow today?
Good morning Native, have you made it back home yet?
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 05, 2014, 06:36:21 AM
Good morning Short stack.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 05, 2014, 06:38:55 AM
Morning Chip, Dave, Dean and ShortStack.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: Short stack on July 05, 2014, 06:42:39 AM
Good morning Short stack.
Good morning  all
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 05, 2014, 06:44:38 AM
Good Morning Mr LSU how are you?  Dry enough to mow today?
Good morning Native, have you made it back home yet?
Few more days of vacation over here. Spent most of the day cruising the inter coastal canal over this way yesterday.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 05, 2014, 06:45:08 AM
Good morning Short stack.
Good morning  all
Morning Short Stack.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 05, 2014, 06:45:33 AM
Morning Chip, Dave, Dean and ShortStack.
Morning Travellin Dave.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 05, 2014, 06:50:12 AM
Morning Chip, Dave, Dean and ShortStack.
Good morning Dave.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 05, 2014, 06:52:32 AM
Morning Chip, Dave, Dean and ShortStack.
Your avi girl  must be trying to cool off with that Popsicle.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on July 05, 2014, 06:54:52 AM
good morning Chip.
what happened to summer? 58° here.
We will take that down here Dean.  Good morning Dean.
I miss the 90's we had last week.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 05, 2014, 06:54:59 AM
Good Morning Mr LSU how are you?  Dry enough to mow today?
Good morning Native, have you made it back home yet?
Few more days of vacation over here. Spent most of the day cruising the inter coastal canal over this way yesterday.
Manage to get any of those tasty redfish yet?  At least you can get you fill of oysters.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 05, 2014, 06:55:16 AM
good morning Chip.
what happened to summer? 58° here.
We will take that down here Dean.  Good morning Dean.
I miss the 90's we had last week.
Back soon enough
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 05, 2014, 06:55:50 AM
Morning Chip, Dave, Dean and ShortStack.
Your avi girl  must be trying to cool off with that Popsicle.
;D
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on July 05, 2014, 06:56:18 AM
Morning Chip, Dave, Dean and ShortStack.
morning Dave........Daves and SS.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 05, 2014, 07:01:56 AM
Good Morning Mr LSU how are you?  Dry enough to mow today?
Good morning Native, have you made it back home yet?
Few more days of vacation over here. Spent most of the day cruising the inter coastal canal over this way yesterday.
Manage to get any of those tasty redfish yet?  At least you can get you fill of oysters.
Had fresh grilled cobia for dinner Wednesday before the storm passed. Redfish are small and bite is slow.  Did not fish yesterday just some boat riding.   Going to Murrells Inlet for a low country boil tonight.  For my fellow LA Friends that is a shrimp and crab boil with the usual trimmings.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 05, 2014, 07:03:45 AM
good morning Chip.
what happened to summer? 58° here.
We will take that down here Dean.  Good morning Dean.
I miss the 90's we had last week.
Back soon enough
94 here yesterday with about 70% humidity a bit of high 50's mornings would be just fine.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on July 05, 2014, 07:20:55 AM
Jeep is packed for the picnic. chair, little stinky, change of clothes, case of soda, condoms, light jacket, grill tools, poker money, coffee mug, need to stop for a few more cigars. got a few hours to kill. Olive O and coffee going as it's warming up a bit. why is it 59° is hot in March but cold in July?
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 05, 2014, 07:25:09 AM
Jeep is packed for the picnic. chair, little stinky, change of clothes, case of soda, condoms, light jacket, grill tools, poker money, coffee mug, need to stop for a few more cigars. got a few hours to kill. Olive O and coffee going as it's warming up a bit. why is it 59° is hot in March but cold in July?
Sounds like you are well equipped for any opportunities a picnic might offer.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on July 05, 2014, 07:50:18 AM
Jeep is packed for the picnic. chair, little stinky, change of clothes, case of soda, condoms, light jacket, grill tools, poker money, coffee mug, need to stop for a few more cigars. got a few hours to kill. Olive O and coffee going as it's warming up a bit. why is it 59° is hot in March but cold in July?
Sounds like you are well equipped for any opportunities a picnic might offer.
I was a Boy Scout in my youth.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on July 05, 2014, 08:31:27 AM
Good morning boys and girls....!!!
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on July 05, 2014, 08:41:10 AM
Good morning boys and girls....!!!
morning BD. hoping I'm one of the boys.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on July 05, 2014, 08:43:07 AM
Mornin Fella's
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 05, 2014, 08:51:03 AM
In 1946, the bikini, created by Louis Reard (ray-AHRD'), was modeled by Micheline Bernardini during a poolside fashion show in Paris.
Changed our lives forever.  Thank you, Mr. Reard.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 05, 2014, 08:53:55 AM
Good morning, gents.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on July 05, 2014, 08:57:11 AM
Good morning boys and girls....!!!
morning BD. hoping I'm one of the boys.
I'd have to say your one of the boys....  I asked my 2 year old grandson, "who's smarter, boys or girls..?"  He said, "boys."  Who's stronger..?  He replied, "boys."  Who's faster..?  Again, boys...!  Then I asked, "do you ever play with your sisters toys...?"  He actually got mad at me and screamed, "NOOOOO..!"  I could understand a 7 or 8 year old replying like that, but I was surprised for a 2 year old.  I told my daughter-in-law, and she said, "yesterday he was playing with a Barbie doll.."  I asked him what he was doing, thinking he'd say, I'm brushing her hair, fixing her clothes, or something like that.  He replied, "she having trouble wiping her butt, so I'm helping her...!"  My daughter-in-law laughed and replied, "another typical boy answer..!"
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on July 05, 2014, 08:58:23 AM
Good morning, gents.
Good morning Tony....!
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on July 05, 2014, 09:00:10 AM
In 1946, the bikini, created by Louis Reard (ray-AHRD'), was modeled by Micheline Bernardini during a poolside fashion show in Paris.
Changed our lives forever.  Thank you, Mr. Reard.
No kidding...!!!  And boy do I remember those mini-skirts in the 60's....  Girls could barely move without showing their panties...  ;)
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on July 05, 2014, 09:07:20 AM
A woman is at home when she hears someone knocking at her door. She goes to the door opens it and sees a man standing there. He asks the lady, "Do you have a Vagina?" She slams the door in disgust. The next morning she hears a knock at the door, its the same man and he asks the same question to the woman, "Do you have a Vagina?" She slams the door again. Later that night when her husband gets home she tell him what has happened for the last two days. The husband tells his wife in a loving and concerned voice, "Honey, I am taking an off tomorrow so as to be home, just incase this guy shows up again." The next morning they hear a knock at the door and both ran for the door.  The husband whisperes to the wife, "Honey, im going to hide behind the door and listen and if it is the same guy I want you to answer yes to the question because I want to a see where he's going with this." She nods yes to her husband and opens the door. Sure enough the same fellow is standing there, he asks, "Do you have a Vagina?" "Yes I do." says the lady. The man replies, "Good, would you mind telling your husband to leave my wife's alone and start using yours!"
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on July 05, 2014, 09:10:02 AM
A woman came home, screeching her car into the driveway, and ran into the house.  She slammed the door and shouted excitedly, "Honey, pack your bags.  I won the lottery!"  The husband said, "Oh my God!  What should I pack, beach stuff or mountain stuff?"  "Doesn't matter," she said, "Just get out."
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on July 05, 2014, 09:12:43 AM
A man inserted an 'ad' in the classifieds: "Wife wanted."  Next day he received a hundred letters.  They all said the same thing: "You can have mine."
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on July 05, 2014, 09:14:01 AM
One night a man walks into a bar looking sad. The bartender asks the man what he wants. The man says “Oh just a beer”. The bartender asked the man “Whats wrong,why are you so down today?”. The man said “My wife and i got into a fight,and she said she would’nt talk to me for a month”. The bartender said “So whats wrong with that”? The man siad “Well the month is up tonight”.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on July 05, 2014, 09:14:45 AM
I think that's an appropriately tasteful avatar.  Lacks the paper bag.  Oh fuckin' well.
Ken will love it !
Hey babe....., have you ever heard of the term, "Polaroid...?"
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on July 05, 2014, 09:16:16 AM
A couple drove down a country road for several miles, not saying a word.  An earlier discussion had led to an argument and neither of them wanted to concede their position.  As they passed a barnyard of mules, goats and pigs, the husband asked sarcastically, "Relatives of yours?" "Yep," the wife replied, "in-laws."
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on July 05, 2014, 09:18:34 AM
A groom waits at the altar with a huge smile on his face.  His best man asks, "Why do you look so excited?" The groom replies, "I just had the best blow job I have ever had in my entire life, and I am marrying the wonderful woman who gave it to me." The bride waits at the other end of the aisle with a huge smile on her face. Her maid of honor asks, "Why do you look so excited?" The bride replies, "I just gave the last blow job of my entire life."
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on July 05, 2014, 09:20:35 AM

A guy goes fishing every Saturday morning. He gets up early and eager, makes his lunch, hooks up his boat and off he goes, all day long. Well, one Saturday morning he gets up early, dresses quietly, gets his lunch made, puts on his long johns, grabs the dog and goes to the garage to hook up his boat to the truck and down the driveway he goes. As he is coming out of his garage rain is pouring down, it is like a torrential downpour. There is snow mixed in with the rain, and the wind is blowing 50 mph. Minutes later, he returns to the garage. He comes back into the house and turns the TV to the weather channel. He finds it's going to be bad weather all day long, so he puts his boat back in the garage, quietly undresses and slips back into bed. There he cuddles up to his wife's back, now with a different anticipation, and whispers, "The weather out there is terrible." To which she sleepily replies, "Can you believe my stupid husband is out fishing in that shit?"
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 05, 2014, 09:20:41 AM
Does anyone want the free shipping code for the weekend deal, I just can't see myself using it. Thanks for nothing CI!
Don Rafael Gold​
....boxes starting under $25
.... save up to 74%
....JUICY upgrade​

At CI, we carry a ton of brands. Hundreds upon hundreds. And every once in a while, I like to throw caution to the wind and take a stroll through our glorious warehouse, just to soak it all in and get inspired to discount. The experience is a lot like Scrooge McDuck diving headfirst into a glistening pool of cash and loot – nothing short of amazing. And when I’m not walking around drooling and knocking into shelves, I poke around to see what I can find. Recently, I stumbled into a brand new addition to one of our best-selling brands of the last decade. Mellow, delicious, well-made, and now certifiably dirt-cheap, Don Rafael Gold feels the warm embrace of my spotlight and makes its debut to the world boasting a fat, fat discount. Oh yes, boxes of 20 start under $25. And to really push this horse over the finish line, I’ll throw in an 8-cigar Victor Sinclair sampler (worth $45.60) for only ten clams. Oh hells to the yes.

Don Rafael is hands down the best value in your catalog – I hear that from droves of satisfied customers.  And after scooping up my offer on Don Rafael Gold, you’ll feel like a broken record. Carefully made by at the Victor Sinclair factory by Jose Dominguez, the new Don Rafael Gold comes chock full of aged Dominican long-fillers and a pristine Ecuador wrapper that’s chocolaty-brown. Due to extensive aging, this outer leaf provides ample flavor that remains smooth refined, and mellow till the last puff. Just a touch of sweetness on the wrapper adds a little something extra that really brings this pot from simmering’ to boilin’ over. Together, this well-rounded recipe wrangles up a mild to medium-bodied experience brimming with spices, cream, sweetness, and toast. Take it home for as little as $1.22 apiece, and tack on a 8-cigar sampler for just $10 more. That’s 28 cigars for the itty-bitty price of just $34.50​.

There’s more than one way to skin a cat, but regardless of what you choose, you’re in the fast lane to big-time savings on Don Rafael. Score Don Rafael on its own for as little as $1.22 apiece, or tack on my awesome upgrade option and score savings as high as 74%. A win-win situation is at hand. Make your move.

Strength:   VARIES
Wrapper:   Connecticut, Corojo, Ecuador Sungrown, Habano Connecticut
Origin:   Dominican Republic
Shapes:   Churchill, Corona, Double Corona, Robusto, Toro
http://www.cigarsinternational.com/mobile/specials/weekend-spotlight/
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on July 05, 2014, 09:21:12 AM
time to head out. enjoy your day guys.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 05, 2014, 09:22:18 AM

[...]
Oouucch!
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: dogdays on July 05, 2014, 10:00:26 AM
Good morning guy's .
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on July 05, 2014, 10:01:01 AM
It's time for me to run... It's a babysitting day... Later guys...!
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on July 05, 2014, 10:01:17 AM

Nica Rustica. Kilt Lifter. Hammock. Fire pit. Only one way this could be better.

they are free falling for $22.50 a 5 pack if anyone cares.

Not getting below $25 now. People keep jumping too soon.

be patient,  they will.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: dogdays on July 05, 2014, 10:09:39 AM

Nica Rustica. Kilt Lifter. Hammock. Fire pit. Only one way this could be better.

they are free falling for $22.50 a 5 pack if anyone cares.

Not getting below $25 now. People keep jumping too soon.

be patient,  they will.
Good morning Fred ! .
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on July 05, 2014, 10:28:58 AM
Hiya dd
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: dogdays on July 05, 2014, 10:29:34 AM
1876 connie and black coffee . for a cheep smoke  is not bad imho
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: dogdays on July 05, 2014, 10:30:20 AM
Hiya dd
What are you smoking Fred ? .
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on July 05, 2014, 10:40:40 AM
Hiya dd
What are you smoking Fred ? .
Mac cafe hyde park and black coffee here,  dd.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: dogdays on July 05, 2014, 10:41:31 AM
Hiya dd
What are you smoking Fred ? .
Mac cafe hyde park and black coffee here,  dd.
Very nice Fred !.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: dogdays on July 05, 2014, 10:48:56 AM
Hiya dd
What are you smoking Fred ? .
Mac cafe hyde park and black coffee here,  dd.
Very nice Fred !.
Berry was on last night next door , missed him by a few min .
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on July 05, 2014, 10:50:52 AM
Hiya dd
What are you smoking Fred ? .
Mac cafe hyde park and black coffee here,  dd.
Very nice Fred !.
Have to get my ass in gear soon an get this place cleaned up. Company coming over this afternoon for BBQ and lobster. Belated 4th celebration due to hurricane Arthur.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: dogdays on July 05, 2014, 10:52:33 AM
Hiya dd
What are you smoking Fred ? .
Mac cafe hyde park and black coffee here,  dd.
Very nice Fred !.
Have to get my ass in gear soon an get this place cleaned up. Company coming over this afternoon for BBQ and lobster. Belated 4th celebration due to hurricane Arthur.
Sounds great BBQ and Lobster .
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on July 05, 2014, 10:53:12 AM
Hiya dd
What are you smoking Fred ? .
Mac cafe hyde park and black coffee here,  dd.
Very nice Fred !.
Berry was on last night next door , missed him by a few min .
you mean Barry? He has been pretty scarce lately.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: dogdays on July 05, 2014, 10:55:05 AM
Hiya dd
What are you smoking Fred ? .
Mac cafe hyde park and black coffee here,  dd.
Very nice Fred !.
Have to get my ass in gear soon an get this place cleaned up. Company coming over this afternoon for BBQ and lobster. Belated 4th celebration due to hurricane Arthur.
Me too Fred granddaughters  bday to day she will be 6yrs old to day ! .
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on July 05, 2014, 10:57:25 AM
Hiya dd
What are you smoking Fred ? .
Mac cafe hyde park and black coffee here,  dd.
Very nice Fred !.
Berry was on last night next door , missed him by a few min .
you mean Barry? He has been pretty scarce lately.
Dingleberry
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: dogdays on July 05, 2014, 10:57:49 AM
Hiya dd
What are you smoking Fred ? .
Mac cafe hyde park and black coffee here,  dd.
Very nice Fred !.
Berry was on last night next door , missed him by a few min .
you mean Barry? He has been pretty scarce lately.
Yes Lol Barry , he said he is very busy when thing slow down he will get back to posting
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: dogdays on July 05, 2014, 10:59:14 AM
Hiya dd
What are you smoking Fred ? .
Mac cafe hyde park and black coffee here,  dd.
Very nice Fred !.
Berry was on last night next door , missed him by a few min .
you mean Barry? He has been pretty scarce lately.
Dingleberry
Good morning Dave ! .
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on July 05, 2014, 10:59:53 AM
Mornin Dave
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: Wenglish on July 05, 2014, 11:00:06 AM
Cigar fairy left this under my mailbox overnight.

(http://i.imgur.com/kuNoJS5.jpg) (http://imgur.com/kuNoJS5)
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: dogdays on July 05, 2014, 11:01:54 AM
Hiya dd
What are you smoking Fred ? .
Mac cafe hyde park and black coffee here,  dd.
Very nice Fred !.
Berry was on last night next door , missed him by a few min .
you mean Barry? He has been pretty scarce lately.
Dingleberry
Or as Johnny would say Dum Dum , LOL .
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: dogdays on July 05, 2014, 11:03:57 AM
Cigar fairy left this under my mailbox overnight.

(http://i.imgur.com/kuNoJS5.jpg) (http://imgur.com/kuNoJS5)
VERY NICE .
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: dogdays on July 05, 2014, 11:06:12 AM
Good morning Will .
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: Wenglish on July 05, 2014, 11:09:57 AM
Good morning Will .

Morning DD.  Burning anything yet?
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: dogdays on July 05, 2014, 11:11:41 AM
Good morning Will .

Morning DD.  Burning anything yet?
1876 Connie and black coffee .
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: dogdays on July 05, 2014, 11:15:06 AM
Will , how long did it take to get the cigars? .
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on July 05, 2014, 11:18:31 AM
Cigar fairy left this under my mailbox overnight.

(http://i.imgur.com/kuNoJS5.jpg) (http://imgur.com/kuNoJS5)
very nice indeed! dd
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on July 05, 2014, 11:20:44 AM
Cigar fairy left this under my mailbox overnight.

(http://i.imgur.com/kuNoJS5.jpg) (http://imgur.com/kuNoJS5)
now we know who the NJ Powerball winner was!
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: dogdays on July 05, 2014, 11:21:53 AM
Cigar fairy left this under my mailbox overnight.

(http://i.imgur.com/kuNoJS5.jpg) (http://imgur.com/kuNoJS5)
now we know who the NJ Powerball winner was!
LMAO ! .
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: Wenglish on July 05, 2014, 11:27:04 AM
Will , how long did it take to get the cigars? .

I ordered 6/26 in the evening, shipped 6/27, arrived this morning.  Figure it if weren't for the holiday they would have been here yesterday, so 1 week.

I'm very close to customs, geographically speaking.  So, logically, I should get the smokes a little faster than others.  They only have to travel like 50 miles to get to me.  Doesn't always work out that way, though.  I've had orders take 3 weeks and meanwhile Joe is talking about how he got something turned around in 6 days.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: Wenglish on July 05, 2014, 11:29:03 AM
Cigar fairy left this under my mailbox overnight.

(http://i.imgur.com/kuNoJS5.jpg) (http://imgur.com/kuNoJS5)
now we know who the NJ Powerball winner was!

Maybe the match 4. They're Party PCEs and RG Perlas.  Sheesh.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: dogdays on July 05, 2014, 11:34:05 AM
Cigar fairy left this under my mailbox overnight.

(http://i.imgur.com/kuNoJS5.jpg) (http://imgur.com/kuNoJS5)
now we know who the NJ Powerball winner was!

Maybe the match 4. They're Party PCEs and RG Perlas.  Sheesh.
they are fine cigars Enjoy them !.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: dogdays on July 05, 2014, 11:37:14 AM
Will how much down time do they need be for you smoke them ? . And what are the box dates ?
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: Wenglish on July 05, 2014, 12:00:01 PM
Will how much down time do they need be for you smoke them ? . And what are the box dates ?

Don't know on the downtime.  They were vacuum packed so they should be close to ready aside from transit temperature.  It was in the 70s all yesterday and 60s overnight (thanks, Hurricane) and still cool today.  Before that it was pretty hot.  I tend to use the pinch and smell test.  They feel right and smell right, chances are they're ready to smoke.

The PCEs box code iss TAL Jul 13 and the RGs is BRA Sep 12.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: Wenglish on July 05, 2014, 12:02:31 PM
Having said all that, there's a chance I'll smoke a Perla tonight to start things off.  12 hours in the humidor for a little smoke that feels and smells right seems reasonable enough to me.

I'll probably give the Partagas 2 weeks or so.  Stronger, more peppery blend and all that, all the better to not burn my sinuses with and let it the proper time to adjust.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 05, 2014, 12:33:54 PM
Cigar fairy left this under my mailbox overnight.

(http://i.imgur.com/kuNoJS5.jpg) (http://imgur.com/kuNoJS5)
That was nice of LittleFish.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: dogdays on July 05, 2014, 12:38:57 PM
Cigar fairy left this under my mailbox overnight.

(http://i.imgur.com/kuNoJS5.jpg) (http://imgur.com/kuNoJS5)
That was nice of LittleFish.
LMAO !! .
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: KC on July 05, 2014, 12:41:51 PM
Cigar fairy left this under my mailbox overnight.

(http://i.imgur.com/kuNoJS5.jpg) (http://imgur.com/kuNoJS5)
From whom did you get them?
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: dogdays on July 05, 2014, 12:45:06 PM
Cigar fairy left this under my mailbox overnight.

(http://i.imgur.com/kuNoJS5.jpg) (http://imgur.com/kuNoJS5)
From whom did you get them?
Good afternoon KC ! .
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: dogdays on July 05, 2014, 12:46:50 PM
Cigar fairy left this under my mailbox overnight.

(http://i.imgur.com/kuNoJS5.jpg) (http://imgur.com/kuNoJS5)
From whom did you get them?
iHavanas, I think? .
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 05, 2014, 12:51:14 PM
Cigar fairy left this under my mailbox overnight.

(http://i.imgur.com/kuNoJS5.jpg) (http://imgur.com/kuNoJS5)
From whom did you get them?
iHavanas, I think? .
Short term memory loss already setting in?
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: Wenglish on July 05, 2014, 12:51:38 PM
Cigar fairy left this under my mailbox overnight.

(http://i.imgur.com/kuNoJS5.jpg) (http://imgur.com/kuNoJS5)
From whom did you get them?
iHavanas, I think? .

Nope.  Cigarexport, the sister site of Puroexpress.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: Wenglish on July 05, 2014, 12:51:54 PM
Cigar fairy left this under my mailbox overnight.

(http://i.imgur.com/kuNoJS5.jpg) (http://imgur.com/kuNoJS5)
From whom did you get them?
iHavanas, I think? .
Short term memory loss already setting in?

What?
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: dogdays on July 05, 2014, 12:52:32 PM
Cigar fairy left this under my mailbox overnight.

(http://i.imgur.com/kuNoJS5.jpg) (http://imgur.com/kuNoJS5)
From whom did you get them?
iHavanas, I think? .
Short term memory loss already setting in?
No lie , I can remember shit ! .
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: Wenglish on July 05, 2014, 12:53:38 PM
Cigar fairy left this under my mailbox overnight.

(http://i.imgur.com/kuNoJS5.jpg) (http://imgur.com/kuNoJS5)
From whom did you get them?
iHavanas, I think? .
Short term memory loss already setting in?
No lie , I can remember shit ! .

If you can't remember the last time you shit, you should see a doctor.  Constipation is no laughing matter.  And maybe wipe, just to be sure.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on July 05, 2014, 12:54:20 PM
Cigar fairy left this under my mailbox overnight.

(http://i.imgur.com/kuNoJS5.jpg) (http://imgur.com/kuNoJS5)
From whom did you get them?
iHavanas, I think? .

Nope.  Cigarexport, the sister site of Puroexpress.
Will the RG are nice, had one yesterday and loved it.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: dogdays on July 05, 2014, 12:57:44 PM
Cigar fairy left this under my mailbox overnight.

(http://i.imgur.com/kuNoJS5.jpg) (http://imgur.com/kuNoJS5)
From whom did you get them?
iHavanas, I think? .
Short term memory loss already setting in?
No lie , I can remember shit ! .

If you can't remember the last time you shit, you should see a doctor.  Constipation is no laughing matter.  And maybe wipe, just to be sure.
LOL ! .
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: Wenglish on July 05, 2014, 12:58:56 PM
Cigar fairy left this under my mailbox overnight.

(http://i.imgur.com/kuNoJS5.jpg) (http://imgur.com/kuNoJS5)
From whom did you get them?
iHavanas, I think? .

Nope.  Cigarexport, the sister site of Puroexpress.
Will the RG are nice, had one yesterday and loved it.

I've read a lot of really good things on the Perlas and basically no dissenting opinions.  $70 for 25 was too good to pass up.  I would have preferred a box instead of a sleeve, but oh well.  They're now residing in the SLR Regios and Boli CJ box.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: Wenglish on July 05, 2014, 02:23:35 PM
And a big sheesh.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on July 05, 2014, 02:39:57 PM
Will, I had the Rafael Gonzalez Coronas Extra......It had some age to it. The first 1/2 was good, last 1/2 was GREAT!
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on July 05, 2014, 02:42:51 PM
Will, I had the Rafael Gonzalez Coronas Extra......It had some age to it. The first 1/2 was good, last 1/2 was GREAT!
SUX not having a VISA card. some nice deals to be had.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on July 05, 2014, 02:46:01 PM
Will, I had the Rafael Gonzalez Coronas Extra......It had some age to it. The first 1/2 was good, last 1/2 was GREAT!
SUX not having a VISA card. some nice deals to be had.
thanx to a BOTL with a VISA card, I do have Romeo y Julieta Short Churchills AT (5x3) on the way.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 05, 2014, 02:51:23 PM
Will, I had the Rafael Gonzalez Coronas Extra......It had some age to it. The first 1/2 was good, last 1/2 was GREAT!
SUX not having a VISA card. some nice deals to be had.
thanx to a BOTL with a VISA card, I do have Romeo y Julieta Short Churchills AT (5x3) on the way.
I'm sure that BOTL could be persuaded to help you out again.

Afternoon, hermanos.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: TruDog on July 05, 2014, 02:59:15 PM
I know you have seen this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmbayHHUPcA
.....Dig'N iT bRotheR.....
Doggy! What is up??
...Just get'n dinky....great video....he's great.  But still luv Neil Pert....and you?
Love the Neil! Greatest drummer, and my generation! Kinda. Saw Rush in concert 4 times! Was 14 when I bought 2112!
...Finally dug this uP......it was 11-26-75........Memorial Field House......Kiss/ Mott/ and Rush was the warm uP....and yes I was there...16 year old drunk'n punk........and not much has changed.
Craig, you do know your music, though! Was that Mott the Hoople? I saw Kiss and Rush--and many more, but never the Hoople! Would have liked to see them to have a muddled memory of! Very cool!
Hey Ken if your lurking, sorry for the late response.  It got a tad bit dunk around here last night, I know thats a ShocKer.  Anyhow, in 1975 Ian Hunter left Mott The Hoople and they just became Mott.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on July 05, 2014, 02:59:45 PM
Will, I had the Rafael Gonzalez Coronas Extra......It had some age to it. The first 1/2 was good, last 1/2 was GREAT!
SUX not having a VISA card. some nice deals to be had.
thanx to a BOTL with a VISA card, I do have Romeo y Julieta Short Churchills AT (5x3) on the way.
I'm sure that BOTL could be persuaded to help you out again.

Afternoon, hermanos.
indeed.....I am taking a few $100 on vacation to buy some cigars. Artigas (Mexican cigar) and custom rolls from Habanos shop.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on July 05, 2014, 03:02:05 PM
[...]
We know TD, Tony had to delete your 3 page rant.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on July 05, 2014, 03:02:38 PM
?
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 05, 2014, 03:29:03 PM
So...what condition is everyone's condition in after the festivities of yesterday?
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 05, 2014, 03:31:38 PM
Cigar fairy left this under my mailbox overnight.

(http://i.imgur.com/kuNoJS5.jpg) (http://imgur.com/kuNoJS5)
Good gawd, man.

I'm gonna have to get a second job to keep up with you mofos.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: KC on July 05, 2014, 03:45:48 PM
Hey Ken if your lurking, sorry for the late response.  It got a tad bit dunk around here last night, I know thats a ShocKer.  Anyhow, in 1975 Ian Hunter left Mott The Hoople and they just became Mott.   -----TD-----YOU???  Drunk???  Never would have thunk it.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: TruDog on July 05, 2014, 04:07:10 PM
Hey Ken if your lurking, sorry for the late response.  It got a tad bit dunk around here last night, I know thats a ShocKer.  Anyhow, in 1975 Ian Hunter left Mott The Hoople and they just became Mott.   -----TD-----YOU???  Drunk???  Never would have thunk it.
...Just try'n to keep up with.."All the young Dudes"...
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 05, 2014, 04:08:04 PM
Hey Ken if your lurking, sorry for the late response.  It got a tad bit dunk around here last night, I know thats a ShocKer.  Anyhow, in 1975 Ian Hunter left Mott The Hoople and they just became Mott.   -----TD-----YOU???  Drunk???  Never would have thunk it.
Afternoon, KC.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: KC on July 05, 2014, 04:09:52 PM
Hey Ken if your lurking, sorry for the late response.  It got a tad bit dunk around here last night, I know thats a ShocKer.  Anyhow, in 1975 Ian Hunter left Mott The Hoople and they just became Mott.   -----TD-----YOU???  Drunk???  Never would have thunk it.
...Just try'n to keep up with.."All the young Dudes"...
That's why I hang out at the shuffleboard court next door.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: KC on July 05, 2014, 04:10:47 PM
Hey Ken if your lurking, sorry for the late response.  It got a tad bit dunk around here last night, I know thats a ShocKer.  Anyhow, in 1975 Ian Hunter left Mott The Hoople and they just became Mott.   -----TD-----YOU???  Drunk???  Never would have thunk it.
Afternoon, KC.
Afternoon raz.  Watching the Ticos take on the Dutch.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: TruDog on July 05, 2014, 04:14:25 PM
Hey Ken if your lurking, sorry for the late response.  It got a tad bit dunk around here last night, I know thats a ShocKer.  Anyhow, in 1975 Ian Hunter left Mott The Hoople and they just became Mott.   -----TD-----YOU???  Drunk???  Never would have thunk it.
...Just try'n to keep up with.."All the young Dudes"...
That's why I hang out at the shuffleboard court next door.
...And I thought we were play'n Canasta tonight?.....
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: Wenglish on July 05, 2014, 04:21:47 PM
Cigar fairy left this under my mailbox overnight.

(http://i.imgur.com/kuNoJS5.jpg) (http://imgur.com/kuNoJS5)
Good gawd, man.

I'm gonna have to get a second job to keep up with you mofos.

Just another 50.  And they're cheapies.  Maybe not Quintero or Piedra cheapies, but sub $4 smokes (sub $3 for the Perlas).

I do have my eye on a cab of 50 SLR Double Coronas....that's a second job type order.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 05, 2014, 04:26:01 PM
Hey Ken if your lurking, sorry for the late response.  It got a tad bit dunk around here last night, I know thats a ShocKer.  Anyhow, in 1975 Ian Hunter left Mott The Hoople and they just became Mott.   -----TD-----YOU???  Drunk???  Never would have thunk it.
Afternoon, KC.
Afternoon raz.  Watching the Ticos take on the Dutch.
I live in a rural area that's heavily Dutch.  Gotta root for Holland.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 05, 2014, 04:31:19 PM
Cigar fairy left this under my mailbox overnight.

(http://i.imgur.com/kuNoJS5.jpg) (http://imgur.com/kuNoJS5)
Good gawd, man.

I'm gonna have to get a second job to keep up with you mofos.

Just another 50.  And they're cheapies.  Maybe not Quintero or Piedra cheapies, but sub $4 smokes (sub $3 for the Perlas).

I do have my eye on a cab of 50 SLR Double Coronas....that's a second job type order.
No kidding.

Just picked up two ten-packs of Cuarenta Robustos on Free Fall for @25.10.  With shipping comes to $2.81 a stick.  I think that's still a good price.  Guess I'll throw on some more Nica Rusticas too.  Was debating whether to buy more Cubans, but I the Cuarentas made up my mind for now.  I like those and I'm down to four.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: KC on July 05, 2014, 04:38:41 PM
...And I thought we were play'n Canasta tonight?.....-----TD-----I'm flexible, Canasta is good.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: TruDog on July 05, 2014, 04:59:25 PM
...And I thought we were play'n Canasta tonight?.....-----TD-----I'm flexible, Canasta is good.
.....cb suppose to bring the pretzels....
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 05, 2014, 05:04:47 PM
Cigar fairy left this under my mailbox overnight.

(http://i.imgur.com/kuNoJS5.jpg) (http://imgur.com/kuNoJS5)
Good gawd, man.

I'm gonna have to get a second job to keep up with you mofos.

Just another 50.  And they're cheapies.  Maybe not Quintero or Piedra cheapies, but sub $4 smokes (sub $3 for the Perlas).

I do have my eye on a cab of 50 SLR Double Coronas....that's a second job type order.
Which Partagas are those, Will?
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: Wenglish on July 05, 2014, 05:11:20 PM
Cigar fairy left this under my mailbox overnight.

(http://i.imgur.com/kuNoJS5.jpg) (http://imgur.com/kuNoJS5)
Good gawd, man.

I'm gonna have to get a second job to keep up with you mofos.

Just another 50.  And they're cheapies.  Maybe not Quintero or Piedra cheapies, but sub $4 smokes (sub $3 for the Perlas).

I do have my eye on a cab of 50 SLR Double Coronas....that's a second job type order.
Which Partagas are those, Will?

The Petit Coronas Especiales.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 05, 2014, 05:23:48 PM
Another 10 Nica Rusticas ordered - 5/22.50 at the Devil.  Thinking I may grab ten of the Avo XOs on Joecigar.com.  That will blow the cigar budget until next month.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: Wenglish on July 05, 2014, 06:55:18 PM
Lawn all taken care of.  Didn't really need it, but it's still pretty cool out and its going to be hot again next week.  Hopefully another cool day will show up before it looks like a jungle.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 05, 2014, 06:55:58 PM
KC - Which vitola of the Saisons do you prefer?
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on July 05, 2014, 07:09:46 PM
KC - Which vitola of the Saisons do you prefer?
KC? what the hell does he know about cigars? ROBUSTO
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: Wenglish on July 05, 2014, 07:12:07 PM
KC - Which vitola of the Saisons do you prefer?
KC? what the hell does he know about cigars? ROBUSTO

KC?  He likes box pressed gordos.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 05, 2014, 07:15:13 PM
Man, almost as tough a crowd as the weekday day shift.  ;-)
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 05, 2014, 07:16:20 PM
And of course there are no deals to be found on the Saison robusto.  Figures.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 05, 2014, 07:18:29 PM
Four Kicks robustos on the Mash at 5/26.98.  Awhile back these were the talk of the Internet.  Seems to me they were getting bad-mouthed on the banter recently.  Thoughts?  Just a hype cigar from once-upon-a-time?
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: Wenglish on July 05, 2014, 07:32:58 PM
Four Kicks robustos on the Mash at 5/26.98.  Awhile back these were the talk of the Internet.  Seems to me they were getting bad-mouthed on the banter recently.  Thoughts?  Just a hype cigar from once-upon-a-time?

Solid cigar.  I like it a bunch.  A little overpriced.  At $4, the corona gorda would be pretty solid.

As far as the banter goes, I think it was the vitolas offered that were the source of the problem.  Gordos or whatever.  Blah smoke at that RG.

I've also read a number of people complaining about getting moldy boxes.  Along with the other stuff I've read here and there recently about NWCs also being moldy, that makes me think that EPC's stuff might be getting rolled/packed/etc. too wet.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on July 05, 2014, 07:47:14 PM
And of course there are no deals to be found on the Saison robusto.  Figures.
No loss, I thought they were OK, but nothing special. cigarbid has the go as low as $50 box. I also am not a big fan of 4 kicks. HG and the new Las Calaveras by Crown Heads are nice cigars, but they make you pay for them.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 05, 2014, 08:00:11 PM
And of course there are no deals to be found on the Saison robusto.  Figures.
No loss, I thought they were OK, but nothing special. cigarbid has the go as low as $50 box. I also am not a big fan of 4 kicks. HG and the new Las Calaveras by Crown Heads are nice cigars, but they make you pay for them.
Yeah, I should probably be done buying cigars until August anyway.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: Wenglish on July 05, 2014, 08:09:22 PM
Decided against the Perla tonight.  I'll give it some more time.  Boli PC courtesy of GK.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: Wenglish on July 05, 2014, 08:39:18 PM
Talkative bunch tonight.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: dogdays on July 05, 2014, 09:08:32 PM
Cigar fairy left this under my mailbox overnight.

(http://i.imgur.com/kuNoJS5.jpg) (http://imgur.com/kuNoJS5)
Good gawd, man.

I'm gonna have to get a second job to keep up with you mofos.

Just another 50.  And they're cheapies.  Maybe not Quintero or Piedra cheapies, but sub $4 smokes (sub $3 for the Perlas).

I do have my eye on a cab of 50 SLR Double Coronas....that's a second job type order.
How much  are a Cab Of SLR ? .
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: Wenglish on July 05, 2014, 09:13:11 PM
Cigar fairy left this under my mailbox overnight.

(http://i.imgur.com/kuNoJS5.jpg) (http://imgur.com/kuNoJS5)
Good gawd, man.

I'm gonna have to get a second job to keep up with you mofos.

Just another 50.  And they're cheapies.  Maybe not Quintero or Piedra cheapies, but sub $4 smokes (sub $3 for the Perlas).

I do have my eye on a cab of 50 SLR Double Coronas....that's a second job type order.
How much  are a Cab Of SLR ? .

Cheapest I've seen is $454.  Most are a  bit higher.  Generally $500+.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 05, 2014, 09:18:11 PM
Cigar fairy left this under my mailbox overnight.

(http://i.imgur.com/kuNoJS5.jpg) (http://imgur.com/kuNoJS5)
Good gawd, man.

I'm gonna have to get a second job to keep up with you mofos.

Just another 50.  And they're cheapies.  Maybe not Quintero or Piedra cheapies, but sub $4 smokes (sub $3 for the Perlas).

I do have my eye on a cab of 50 SLR Double Coronas....that's a second job type order.
How much  are a Cab Of SLR ? .

Cheapest I've seen is $454.  Most are a  bit higher.  Generally $500+.
Cab of the Uppman's was $351 the other night.  I think Ken bought one.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 05, 2014, 09:18:59 PM
Talkative bunch tonight.
Sorry, had to run a 5-minute errand that turned into an hour, then a legal confab with my neighbor about property lines.  Joy.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 05, 2014, 09:24:28 PM
Cigar fairy left this under my mailbox overnight.

(http://i.imgur.com/kuNoJS5.jpg) (http://imgur.com/kuNoJS5)
Good gawd, man.

I'm gonna have to get a second job to keep up with you mofos.

Just another 50.  And they're cheapies.  Maybe not Quintero or Piedra cheapies, but sub $4 smokes (sub $3 for the Perlas).

I do have my eye on a cab of 50 SLR Double Coronas....that's a second job type order.
How much  are a Cab Of SLR ? .

Cheapest I've seen is $454.  Most are a  bit higher.  Generally $500+.
That goes beyond the second job type order.  That would be a first divorce type order.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on July 05, 2014, 09:25:21 PM
Good evening firecrackers...!
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: cigarbreath on July 05, 2014, 09:29:31 PM
...And I thought we were play'n Canasta tonight?.....-----TD-----I'm flexible, Canasta is good.
TWSS
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: cigarbreath on July 05, 2014, 09:30:04 PM
Good evening firecrackers...!
Come baby, light my fuse!
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on July 05, 2014, 09:32:48 PM
Good evening firecrackers...!
Come baby, light my fuse!
I thought everyone would be lighting the fuses on their 601 La Bomba's...!
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: cigarbreath on July 05, 2014, 09:35:51 PM
Good evening firecrackers...!
Come baby, light my fuse!
I thought everyone would be lighting the fuses on their 601 La Bomba's...!
Setiin' your dreadlock on fiya!
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: Wenglish on July 05, 2014, 09:37:37 PM
Monte Media Noche no. 3 from a few years ago.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on July 05, 2014, 09:37:59 PM
I'm enjoying a Trinidad, courtesy of Fred, along with the rest of my Rye...  I'm really starting to enjoy smoking some one else's cigars... :)
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: cigarbreath on July 05, 2014, 09:38:42 PM
Talkative bunch tonight.
GFY!
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: cigarbreath on July 05, 2014, 09:39:30 PM
I'm enjoying a Trinidad, courtesy of Fred, along with the rest of my Rye...  I'm really starting to enjoy smoking some one else's cigars... :)
Tasty LFD Double ligero.  Oh, and a Abita Andy Gator now in 12 oz bottles.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 05, 2014, 09:48:47 PM
Good evening firecrackers...!
Come baby, light my fuse!
I thought everyone would be lighting the fuses on their 601 La Bomba's...!
I did that last night.  Final cigar of the evening.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 05, 2014, 09:49:01 PM
Talkative bunch tonight.
GFY!
Mikey!
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 05, 2014, 09:50:20 PM
Gotta step away for an hour or so.  Back later.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: Wenglish on July 05, 2014, 10:09:21 PM
Pitching this Monte Media Noche.  Tight draw, poker, still tight, pretty bad flavors.  Sheesh.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on July 05, 2014, 10:11:48 PM
Pitching this Monte Media Noche.  Tight draw, poker, still tight, pretty bad flavors.  Sheesh.
A bad Montecristo... Ouch..!
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on July 05, 2014, 10:12:57 PM
This Trinidad and Rye has me so relaxed, I can hardly get to the computer to type..!
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on July 05, 2014, 10:18:11 PM
Pitching this Monte Media Noche.  Tight draw, poker, still tight, pretty bad flavors.  Sheesh.
never did like them. Only non Cuban monte I enjoy are the White
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: Wenglish on July 05, 2014, 10:22:07 PM
Pitching this Monte Media Noche.  Tight draw, poker, still tight, pretty bad flavors.  Sheesh.
never did like them. Only non Cuban monte I enjoy are the White

I've had a handful across the years from here and there, various samplers and boxes, I guess.  Can't say any of them have been my top Broadleaf or anything, but all have been smokeable.

I also like the Monte Afrique petit corona.  4.25x44, I think.  Oddball blend, but a good winter smoke.  The DDA used to put them up pretty regularly for less than $2/ea.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on July 06, 2014, 12:05:54 AM
I'm heading for bed... Nite everyone..!
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 06, 2014, 12:07:59 AM
Pitching this Monte Media Noche.  Tight draw, poker, still tight, pretty bad flavors.  Sheesh.
never did like them. Only non Cuban monte I enjoy are the White
Common sentiment.  Me too.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: glassken on July 06, 2014, 12:18:46 AM
Pitching this Monte Media Noche.  Tight draw, poker, still tight, pretty bad flavors.  Sheesh.
never did like them. Only non Cuban monte I enjoy are the White
Common sentiment.  Me too.
Testing, 1-2-3! Calling all Tony's! No, seriously. If we don't flip it will be fine, not the end of the world.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 06, 2014, 12:33:58 AM
I don't think Tony's making it tonight.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 06, 2014, 01:46:46 AM
Good morning guys.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 06, 2014, 01:47:56 AM
Pitching this Monte Media Noche.  Tight draw, poker, still tight, pretty bad flavors.  Sheesh.
never did like them. Only non Cuban monte I enjoy are the White
Common sentiment.  Me too.
Testing, 1-2-3! Calling all Tony's! No, seriously. If we don't flip it will be fine, not the end of the world.
Poor guy needs to get lucky once in awhile.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 06, 2014, 02:25:04 AM
On this day in 1957, Althea Gibson claims the women's singles tennis title at Wimbledon and becomes the first African American to win a championship at London's All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club.

Gibson was born on August 25, 1927, in Silver, South Carolina, and raised in the Harlem section of New York City. She began playing tennis as a teenager and went on to win the national black women's championship twice. At a time when tennis was largely segregated, four-time U.S. Nationals winner Alice Marble advocated on Gibson's behalf and the 5'11" player was invited to make her U.S. Open debut in 1950. In 1956, Gibson's tennis career took off and she won the singles title at the French Open--the first African American to do so--as well as the doubles' title there. In July 1957, Gibson won Wimbledon, defeating Darlene Hard, 6-3, 6-2. (In 1975, Arthur Ashe became the first African-American man to win the men's singles title at Wimbledon, when he defeated Jimmy Connors.) In September 1957, she won the U.S. Open, and the Associated Press named her Female Athlete of the Year in 1957 and 1958. During the 1950s, Gibson won 56 singles and doubles titles, including 11 major titles.

After winning Wimbledon and the U.S. Open again in 1958, Gibson retired from amateur tennis. In 1960, she toured with the Harlem Globetrotters basketball team, playing exhibition tennis matches before their games. In 1964, Gibson joined the Ladies Professional Golf Association Tour, the first black woman to do so. The trailblazing athlete played pro golf until 1971, the same year in which she was voted into the National Lawn Tennis Association Hall of Fame.

After serving as New Jersey's commissioner of athletics from 1975 to 1985, Althea Gibson died at age 76 from respiratory failure on September 28, 2003, at a hospital in East Orange, New Jersey.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: glassken on July 06, 2014, 02:25:04 AM
Pitching this Monte Media Noche.  Tight draw, poker, still tight, pretty bad flavors.  Sheesh.
never did like them. Only non Cuban monte I enjoy are the White
Common sentiment.  Me too.
Testing, 1-2-3! Calling all Tony's! No, seriously. If we don't flip it will be fine, not the end of the world.
Poor guy needs to get lucky once in awhile.
Chip, there is a Chinese martial/ health practise called ba gua chang, and it means "the eight palm changes". Your tiger seems to be doing it. Google it, I'm serious!
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 06, 2014, 02:25:53 AM
On this day in 1775, one day after restating their fidelity to King George III and wishing him "a long and prosperous reign" in the Olive Branch Petition, Congress sets "forth the causes and necessity of their taking up arms" against British authority in the American colonies. The declaration also proclaimed their preference "to die free men rather than live as slaves."

As in the Olive Branch Petition, Congress never impugned the motives of the British king. Instead, they protested, "The large strides of late taken by the legislature of Great Britain toward establishing over these colonies their absolute rule..." Congress provided a history of colonial relations in which the king served as the sole governmental connection between the mother country and colonies, until, in their eyes, the victory against France in the Seven Years' War caused Britain's "new ministry finding all the foes of Britain subdued" to fall upon "the unfortunate idea of subduing her friends also." According to the declaration, the king's role remained constant, but "parliament then for the first time assumed a power of unbounded legislation over the colonies of America," which resulted in the bloodletting at Lexington and Concord in April 1775.

At this point, Congress assumed that if the king could merely be made to understand what Parliament and his ministers had done, he would rectify the situation and return the colonists to their rightful place as fully equal members of the British empire. When the king sided with Parliament, however, Congress moved beyond a Declaration of Arms to a Declaration of Independence.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 06, 2014, 02:26:56 AM
On this day, Confederate General Jubal Early's troops cross the Potomac River and capture Hagerstown, Maryland. Early had sought to threaten Washington, D.C., and thereby relieve pressure on General Robert E. Lee, who was fighting to keep Ulysses S. Grant out of Richmond, Virginia.

During the brutal six-week campaign against Grant in June 1864, Lee was under tremendous pressure. On June 12, he dispatched Jubal Early to Lynchburg, in western Virginia, to hold off a Union attack by General David Hunter. After defeating Hunter, Early was ordered to head down the Shenandoah Valley to the Potomac. Lee hoped that this threat to Washington would force Grant to return part of his army to the capital and protect it from an embarrassing capture by the Confederates. Lee was inspired by a similar Shenandoah campaign by Stonewall Jackson in 1862, in which Jackson occupied three Federal armies in a brilliant military show. However, the circumstances were different in 1864. Grant now had plenty of men, and Lee was stretched thin around the Richmond-Petersburg perimeter.

Still, the first part of Early's raid was successful. His force crossed the Potomac on July 6, and a cavalry brigade under John McCausland rode into Hagerstown. Early instructed McCausland to demand $200,000 from the city officials of Hagerstown for damages caused by Hunter in the Shenandoah Valley, but McCausland felt the amount was too large, so he asked for $20,000. After receiving the money, Early's army turned southeast toward Washington. The Confederates reached the outskirts of the city before being turned away by troops from Grant's army.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 06, 2014, 02:27:48 AM
In the light of a deepening ideological rift between the Soviet Union and China, U.S. officials express their belief that Russian leader Nikita Khrushchev will seek closer relations with the United States. Unfortunately, the optimism was somewhat misplaced. Although China and the Soviet Union announced a serious split in mid-July 1963, Khrushchev's days in office were numbered.

Officials in the U.S. government watched with tremendous interest the developing rift between the Soviet Union and China in the early 1960s. The ideological split centered around the Chinese perception that the Russians were becoming too "soft" in their revolutionary zeal and too accommodating to Western capitalist powers. In mid-1963, Chinese and Soviet representatives met in Moscow to try to mend the damage. U.S. diplomats were convinced that the rift was irreversible. As a consequence, they believed Khrushchev would become much more receptive to better relations with the United States in order to isolate further the communist Chinese. Thus, on July 6, 1963, the New York Times carried several related stories, based on statements from "responsible" figures in the administration of President John F. Kennedy, about the hopes for a meaningful "peaceful coexistence" between the Soviet Union and United States. Khrushchev himself had coined the term "peaceful coexistence" in the late 1950s, indicating that the hope for better U.S.-Soviet relations was not entirely one-sided. Kennedy obviously hoped to build on these feelings to prepare the way for the success of arms control talks with the Soviets scheduled for later in the month. This hope was realized when the Soviet Union and United States signed a treaty banning the aboveground testing of nuclear weapons in August 1963.

Just a few days after the newspaper stories concerning improved U.S.-Soviet relations, the Russians and Chinese officially announced their ideological split. Any benefits the United States hoped would accrue from this development in terms of a closer working relationship with Khrushchev, however, were swept away in 1964 when the Russian leader was removed from power by more hard-line elements of the Soviet government. Almost overnight, talk of "peaceful coexistence" disappeared and the Cold War divisions once again hardened.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 06, 2014, 02:28:37 AM
FBI agents arrest George "Bugs" Moran, along with fellow crooks Virgil Summers and Albert Fouts, in Kentucky. Once one of the biggest organized crime figures in America, Moran had been reduced to small bank robberies by this time. He died in prison 11 years later.

Bugs Moran's criminal career took an abrupt downturn after the infamous St. Valentine's Day Massacre in 1929, in which his top gunmen were slaughtered by rival Al Capone's henchmen. (A lasting feud had been established after Capone's men killed Moran's friend and mentor, Deanie O'Banion, in 1924.) Moran, who just missed the massacre by a couple of minutes, was visibly shaken when reporters talked to him days later. He shouted at them, "Only Capone kills like that!"

Al "Scarface" Capone established his alibi by vacationing in Florida at the time of the Valentine's Day murders. Sitting poolside, he mocked Moran, chuckling as he told reporters, "The only man who kills like that is Bugs Moran." Later, while Capone was serving time for tax evasion, Moran may have earned a measure of revenge by killing Jack McGurn, one of the men who had carried out the massacre.

A bank robbery charge conviction eventually landed Moran in Leavenworth federal prison. He was released in 1956, but was then re-arrested for an earlier bank robbery. He died in prison of lung cancer on February 2, 1957.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 06, 2014, 02:29:23 AM
On this day in 1988, an explosion rips through an oil rig in the North Sea, killing 167 workers. It was the worst offshore oil-rig disaster in history.

The Piper Alpha rig, which was the largest in the North Sea, was owned by Occidental Oil and had approximately 225 workers onboard at the time of the explosion. It was located about 120 miles off the northeast coast of Scotland. On the evening of July 6, a gas leak led to a massive explosion and fire on the rig. A fireball 350 feet high erupted from the platform.

The fire emitted toxic fumes that overwhelmed and killed many of the workers. Others jumped more than 100 feet to the sea below to escape the flames and fumes, even though they knew that the fall would most likely be fatal. A couple of workers managed to survive the jump; others somehow avoided death by sliding down pipes into the treacherous waters below, where burning oil was floating on the cold sea. They were then rescued by helicopters and nearby boats.

Oil drilling in the North Sea began in the 1970s and has had a mixed safety record. This disaster was by far the largest single incident; most other deaths on the 120 rigs in the sea have been due to bad weather.

A 1990 inquiry into the disaster was critical of the safety procedures on the Occidental rig before the disaster, but did not identify the direct cause of the explosion itself. A civil action was resolved in 1997 with a finding that two deceased workers were negligent, but that decision has not been generally accepted.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 06, 2014, 02:30:59 AM
In Nazi-occupied Holland, 13-year-old Jewish diarist Anne Frank and her family are forced to take refuge in a secret sealed-off area of an Amsterdam warehouse. The day before, Anne's older sister, Margot, had received a call-up notice to be deported to a Nazi "work camp."

Born in Germany on June 12, 1929, Anne Frank fled to Amsterdam with her family in 1933 to escape Nazi persecution. In the summer of 1942, with the German occupation of Holland underway, 12-year-old Anne began a diary relating her everyday experiences, her relationship with her family and friends, and observations about the increasingly dangerous world around her. On July 6, fearing deportation to a Nazi concentration camp, the Frank family took shelter in a factory run by Christian friends. During the next two years, under the threat of murder by the Nazi officers patrolling just outside the warehouse, Anne kept a diary that is marked by poignancy, humor, and insight.

On August 4, 1944, just two months after the successful Allied landing at Normandy, the Nazi Gestapo discovered the Frank's "Secret Annex." The Franks were sent to the Nazi death camps along with two of the Christians who had helped shelter them, and another Jewish family and a single Jewish man with whom they had shared the hiding place. Anne and most of the others ended up at the Auschwitz concentration camp in Poland. Anne's diary was left behind, undiscovered by the Nazis.

In early 1945, with the Soviet liberation of Poland underway, Anne was moved with her sister, Margot, to the Bergen-Belsen concentration camp in Germany. Suffering under the deplorable conditions of the camp, the two sisters caught typhus and died in early March. After the war, Anne's diary was discovered undisturbed in the Amsterdam hiding place and in 1947 was translated into English and published. An instant best-seller and eventually translated into more than 30 languages, The Diary of Anne Frank has served as a literary testament to the six million Jews, including Anne herself, who were silenced in the Holocaust.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 06, 2014, 02:32:11 AM
Louis "Satchmo" Armstrong, one of the most influential musicians of the 20th century, dies in New York City at the age of 69. A world-renowned jazz trumpeter and vocalist, he pioneered jazz improvisation and the style known as swing.

Louis Daniel Armstrong was born in New Orleans, the birthplace of jazz, in 1901. He grew up in poverty and from a young age was interested in music. In 1912, he was incarcerated in the Colored Waif's Home for Boys, allegedly for firing a gun into the air on New Year's Eve. While there, he played cornet in the home's band. Upon his release, he dedicated himself to becoming a professional musician and soon was mastering local jazz styles on the cornet. He attracted the attention of cornetist Joe "King" Oliver, and when Oliver moved to Chicago in 1919 he took his place in trombonist Kid Ory's band, a leading group in New Orleans at the time. He later teamed up with pianist Fate Marable and performed on riverboats that traveled the Mississippi.

In 1922, King Oliver invited Armstrong to Chicago to play second cornet in his Creole Jazz Band, and Armstrong made his first recordings with Oliver the following year. In 1924, he moved to New York City and demonstrated his emerging improvisational style in the Fletcher Henderson Orchestra. In 1925, Armstrong returned to Chicago and formed his own band--the Hot Five--which included Kid Ory, clarinetist Johnny Dodds, and pianist Lil' Hardin, Armstrong's second wife.

This band, which later grew into the Hot Seven, recorded some of the seminal pieces in the history of jazz, including "Savoy Blues," "Potato Head Blues," and "West End Blues." In these recordings, Armstrong abandoned the collective improvisation of New Orleans-style jazz and placed the emphasis on individual soloists. He switched from cornet to trumpet during this time and played the latter with unprecedented virtuosity and range. In the 1926 recording "Heebie Jeebies," he popularized "scat singing," a style in which jazz vocalists sing musical lines of nonsensical syllables in emulation of instrumental improvisation. His joyous voice, both coarse and exuberant, was one of the most distinctive in popular music.

In 1929, Armstrong returned to New York City and made his first Broadway appearance. His recordings, many of which were jazz interpretations of popular songs, were international hits, and he toured the United States and Europe with his big band. His music had a major effect on the swing and big band sound that dominated popular music in the 1930s and '40s. A great performer, Armstrong appeared regularly on radio and in American films, including Pennies from Heaven (1936), Cabin in the Sky (1943), and New Orleans (1947). In 1947, he formed a smaller ensemble, the All-Stars, which he led until 1968.

Louis Armstrong had many nicknames, including Satchmo, short for "Satchelmouth"; "Dippermouth"; and "Pops." Because he spread jazz around the world through his extensive travels and hit songs, many called him "Ambassador Satch." Although in declining health in his later years, he continued to perform until his death on July 6, 1971.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 06, 2014, 02:33:37 AM
On this day in 1933, Major League Baseball’s first All-Star Game took place at Chicago’s Comiskey Park. The brainchild of a determined sports editor, the event was designed to bolster the sport and improve its reputation during the darkest years of the Great Depression. Originally billed as a one-time “Game of the Century,” it has now become a permanent and much-loved fixture of the baseball season.

Between 1930 and 1933, attendance at major league baseball games, which had skyrocketed during the 1920s, plummeted 40 percent, while the average player’s salary fell by 25 percent. Fans who could still afford tickets migrated from the more expensive box seats to the bleachers, which cost 50 cents. Owners of baseball teams across the country economized by shrinking their rosters, firing their coaches and slashing wages. Many teams also experimented with discounts and other innovations designed to woo back fans, including free admission for women, grocery giveaways and the first night games in baseball history.

Surprisingly, the most enduring promotional event to emerge during this period—the midseason All-Star Game between the American and National Leagues—was the brainchild of several people with no direct connection to baseball. In 1933, Chicago hosted a World’s Fair known as the Century of Progress International Exposition, an event devised to celebrate the city’s centennial while cultivating a sense of optimism during the depths of the Depression. Mayor Edward Kelly, newly elected and intent on making the fair a success, approached Colonel Robert McCormick, the powerful publisher of the Chicago Tribune, with the idea of holding a major athletic event in conjunction with it.

McCormick turned the matter over to his sports editor, Arch Ward, who proposed a one-time “Game of the Century” that would pit the finest players of the American and National Leagues against each other at Chicago’s Comiskey Park. As an added twist, fans would have the opportunity to vote on the lineup. Ward was so certain the game would be a hit that he told McCormick to take any losses out of Ward’s own paycheck. With his boss on board, Ward made his case to the presidents of both leagues and the various team owners, assuring the skeptics among them that the event would help pull baseball out of its slump. By donating all proceeds to a charity for retired players, he argued, they could show the country that Major League Baseball was not, as some had suggested, embracing a culture of “decadence” while ordinary Americans suffered financial ruin. Eventually, the persuasive editor’s lobbying won over the baseball commissioner, Kenesaw Mountain Landis, and the game was set for July 6, 1933.

As the date drew near, Ward wrote story after story in the Tribune, hyping the game and encouraging the public to participate. Ballots were printed in 55 newspapers across the country, and fans cast several hundred thousand votes for their favorite players, with Babe Ruth drawing 100,000. Along with the Bambino, fans elected the likes of Lefty Grove, Jimmy Foxx, Lou Gehrig, Al Simmons and Joe Cronin to the roster.

On July 6, 47,595 fans packed into Comiskey Park, where some of baseball’s most historic moments had taken place. This would be another. The game, which ended in a 4-2 victory by the American League, did not disappoint, thrilling the crowd with its star-studded roster, built-in drama and unprecedented matchups. Indeed, for many of the players, this was their first chance to meet and compete with their counterparts from the other league.

Arch Ward’s All-Star Game proved so popular that its organizers held another “midsummer classic” the following year. Since then, it has become an annual fixture of the baseball season, bringing together the sport’s most talented and beloved players every year with the exception of 1945, when it was cancelled due to wartime travel restrictions.
Title: Re: 7/5/2014
Post by: glassken on July 06, 2014, 02:51:07 AM
[...]

Just a addendum: A pipeline pump was taken out of service due to a pressure safety valve that was removed for repair. The work permit was not completed, or know body saw it. This pump was started, and it had a spacer over the flange that had the previous valve installed. This pump should not have been used, but the other shift was not aware, and when they started it the oil was pumped into the Pump room, and started a fire. There were other platforms that flowed gas and oil to this facility, and when they got an alarm, they called. No one answered. They kept the pipeline valves opened as was the policy, and that contributed to the destruction of this facility and the loss of lives. This was a production platform--just like I have worked on for the last 26 years. We look to this tragedy often, because this was the worst accident on a platform ever. The whole Work permit, and Job safety analysis paperwork has come about because of Piper Alpha.