CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on May 28, 2018, 12:00:53 AM

Title: 5/28/2018 - Memorial Day
Post by: CigarBanter on May 28, 2018, 12:00:53 AM
Happy Memorial Day!  Today, let's enjoy our families, cookouts, libations and cigars too.  But let us not forget to remember the people who died while serving in our country's armed forces.
Title: Re: 5/28/2018 - Memorial Day
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 28, 2018, 06:34:55 AM
Good morning, boys. Happy Monday. This one isn't just for Dean.
Title: Re: 5/28/2018 - Memorial Day
Post by: FloridaDean on May 28, 2018, 06:44:44 AM
Good morning. Believe it or not but there is not a parade or ceremony here today.
Title: Re: 5/28/2018 - Memorial Day
Post by: FloridaDean on May 28, 2018, 06:45:31 AM
Good morning, boys. Happy Monday. This one isn't just for Dean.
No, they never are for me Tony.
Title: Re: 5/28/2018 - Memorial Day
Post by: FloridaDean on May 28, 2018, 07:02:45 AM
Nat Sherman and coffee here.
Title: Re: 5/28/2018 - Memorial Day
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 28, 2018, 07:19:47 AM
Good morning. Believe it or not but there is not a parade or ceremony here today.
No, but you might get a special visit from Alberto.
Title: Re: 5/28/2018 - Memorial Day
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 28, 2018, 07:21:34 AM
Was afraid I might not get in before page two this morning....
Title: Re: 5/28/2018 - Memorial Day
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 28, 2018, 07:21:53 AM
Morning Dean and Tony.
Title: Re: 5/28/2018 - Memorial Day
Post by: FloridaDean on May 28, 2018, 07:23:51 AM
Good morning. Believe it or not but there is not a parade or ceremony here today.
No, but you might get a special visit from Alberto.
He passed me by last night. Just rain and a bit of surge at high tide. You'd never know there was a storm.
Title: Re: 5/28/2018 - Memorial Day
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 28, 2018, 07:32:02 AM
Good morning. Believe it or not but there is not a parade or ceremony here today.
No, but you might get a special visit from Alberto.
He passed me by last night. Just rain and a bit of surge at high tide. You'd never know there was a storm.
Raining like a sum-bitch here!
Title: Re: 5/28/2018 - Memorial Day
Post by: FloridaDean on May 28, 2018, 07:39:23 AM
Monday, May 28
National Hamburger Day 2018 in United States of America.
Title: Re: 5/28/2018 - Memorial Day
Post by: FloridaDean on May 28, 2018, 07:40:45 AM
Good morning. Believe it or not but there is not a parade or ceremony here today.
No, but you might get a special visit from Alberto.
He passed me by last night. Just rain and a bit of surge at high tide. You'd never know there was a storm.
Raining like a sum-bitch here!
Got sunshine here at the moment. Cycling through clouds, rain, sun all day.
Title: Re: 5/28/2018 - Memorial Day
Post by: FloridaDean on May 28, 2018, 08:21:28 AM
neighbor lady on her way over for a hot tub soak.
BBL
Title: Re: 5/28/2018 - Memorial Day
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 28, 2018, 11:57:23 AM
neighbor lady on her way over for a hot tub soak.
BBL
Enjoy your afternoon Dean.
Title: Re: 5/28/2018 - Memorial Day
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 28, 2018, 12:00:06 PM
Today is Monday, May 28, the 148th day of 2018. There are 217 days left in the year. This is the Memorial Day observance.
Today’s Highlight in History:
On May 28, 1918, American troops fought their first major battle during World War I as they launched an offensive against the German-held French village of Cantigny; the Americans succeeded in capturing the village.

On this date:
1533: The Archbishop of Canterbury, Thomas Cranmer, declared the marriage of England’s King Henry VIII to Anne Boleyn valid.
1892: The Sierra Club was organized in San Francisco.
1912: The Senate Commerce Committee issued its report on the Titanic disaster that cited a “state of absolute unpreparedness,” improperly tested safety equipment and an “indifference to danger” as some of the causes of an “unnecessary tragedy.”
1929: The first all-color talking picture, “On with the Show!” produced by Warner Bros., opened in New York.
1934: The Dionne quintuplets — Annette, Cecile, Emilie, Marie and Yvonne — were born to Elzire Dionne at the family farm in Ontario, Canada.
1937: President Franklin D. Roosevelt pushed a button in Washington signaling that vehicular traffic could begin crossing the just-opened Golden Gate Bridge in California. Neville Chamberlain became prime minister of Britain. In Nazi Germany, Volkswagen was founded by the German Labour Front.
1940: During World War II, the Belgian army surrendered to invading German forces.
1957: National League owners gave permission for the Brooklyn Dodgers and New York Giants to move to Los Angeles and San Francisco.
1968: “Creedence Clearwater Revival,” the band’s debut album, was released by Fantasy Records.
1977: 165 people were killed when fire raced through the Beverly Hills Supper Club in Southgate, Kentucky.
1987: To the embarrassment of Soviet officials, Mathias Rust, a young West German pilot, landed a private plane in Moscow’s Red Square without authorization. (Rust was freed by the Soviets the following year.)
1998: Comic actor Phil Hartman, 49, of “Saturday Night Live” and “NewsRadio” fame was shot to death at his home in Encino, California, by his wife, Brynn, who then killed herself.
Title: Re: 5/28/2018 - Memorial Day
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 28, 2018, 12:00:42 PM
Ten years ago: The White House reacted angrily to a highly critical memoir by President George W. Bush’s former press secretary, Scott McClellan, who wrote that Bush had relied on an aggressive “political propaganda campaign” instead of the truth to sell the Iraq war. Nepal’s lawmakers abolished the monarchy and declared the country a republic, ending 239 years of royal rule.

Five years ago: Calling it perhaps the biggest money-laundering scheme in U.S. history, federal prosecutors charged seven people with running what amounted to an online, underworld bank, saying that Liberty Reserve handled $6 billion for drug dealers, child pornographers, identity thieves and other criminals around the globe.

One year ago: A series of shootings in rural Mississippi claimed the lives of eight people at three separate homes; a suspect faces one count of capital murder in the death of Lincoln County Sheriff’s Deputy William Durr and seven counts of first-degree murder. The Cannes Film Festival awarded its coveted Palme d’Or award to Ruben Ostlund’s Swedish comedy “The Square.” Takuma Sato won the Indianapolis 500 to give owner Michael Andretti a second consecutive victory. Angelique Kerber became the first women’s No. 1 seed to be defeated in the French Open’s first round in the Open era, losing 6-2, 6-2 to 40th-ranked Ekaterina Makarova of Russia.
Title: Re: 5/28/2018 - Memorial Day
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 28, 2018, 12:01:30 PM
Today’s Birthdays:
Actress Carroll Baker is 87. Producer-director Irwin Winkler is 87. Actor John Karlen is 85. Basketball Hall of Famer Jerry West is 80. Former New York City Mayor Rudolph Giuliani is 74. Singer Gladys Knight is 74. Actress-director Sondra Locke is 74. Singer Billy Vera is 74. Singer John Fogerty (Creedance Clearwater Revival) is 73. Country musician Jerry Douglas (Alison Krauss and Union Station) is 62. Actor Louis Mustillo is 60. U.S. Rep. Mark Sanford, R-S.C.., is 58. Actor Brandon Cruz (TV: “The Courtship of Eddie’s Father”) is 56. Country singer Phil Vassar is 54. Actress Christa Miller is 54. Singer-musician Chris Ballew (Presidents of the USA) is 53. Rapper Chubb Rock is 50. Singer Kylie Minogue (KY’-lee mihn-OHG’) is 50. Actor Justin Kirk is 49. Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla., is 47. Olympic gold medal figure skater Ekaterina Gordeeva is 47. Television personality Elisabeth Hasselbeck is 41. Actor Jake Johnson is 40. Actor Jesse Bradford is 39. Actress Monica Keena is 39. Actress Alexa Davalos is 36. Actress Megalyn Echikunwoke (eh-cheek-uh-WALK’-ay) is 36. Pop singer Colbie Caillat (kal-LAY’) is 33. Actress Carey Mulligan is 33. Actor Joseph Cross is 32.
Title: Re: 5/28/2018 - Memorial Day
Post by: FloridaDean on May 28, 2018, 12:01:37 PM
 damn I love Mondays.
Title: Re: 5/28/2018 - Memorial Day
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 28, 2018, 12:01:58 PM
“Time does not become sacred to us until we have lived it, until it has passed over us and taken with it a part of ourselves.” — John Burroughs, American author and naturalist (1837-1921).
Title: Re: 5/28/2018 - Memorial Day
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 28, 2018, 12:05:45 PM
A hero is someone who has given his or her life to something bigger than oneself.
Joseph Campbell

For love of country they accepted death.
James A. Garfield

And I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free. And I won't forget the men who died, who gave that right to me.
Lee Greenwood

All we have of freedom, all we use or know, this our fathers bought for us long and long ago.
Rudyard Kipling

True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost.
Arthur Ashe
Title: Re: 5/28/2018 - Memorial Day
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 28, 2018, 12:06:16 PM
Page 2 at lunchtime, wow!
Title: Re: 5/28/2018 - Memorial Day
Post by: sfish on May 28, 2018, 02:54:21 PM
G&T and a Hit and Run, nice
Title: Re: 5/28/2018 - Memorial Day
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 28, 2018, 03:06:18 PM
G&T and a Hit and Run, nice
Only way to spend a Monday!
Title: Re: 5/28/2018 - Memorial Day
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 28, 2018, 03:10:08 PM
G&T and a Hit and Run, nice
Darn good idea, mixed up my G&T, grabbed a Tabernacle and heading out to tiki island.
Title: Re: 5/28/2018 - Memorial Day
Post by: FloridaDean on May 28, 2018, 03:25:40 PM
G&T and a Hit and Run, nice
Only way to spend a Monday!
oh no it's not!
Title: Re: 5/28/2018 - Memorial Day
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 28, 2018, 03:43:53 PM
G&T and a Hit and Run, nice
Darn good idea, mixed up my G&T, grabbed a Tabernacle and heading out to tiki island.
SweetWater 420 with a Namakubi Lancero on the Blue Parrot Veranda.

Finally got my placed named (“Bermuda Time”)and a sign painted.
Title: Re: 5/28/2018 - Memorial Day
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 28, 2018, 03:58:55 PM
Been smoking some St Louis Style ribs for 6 hours and just took them off the smoker then of course sampled one and they are a Home Run!
Title: Re: 5/28/2018 - Memorial Day
Post by: FloridaDean on May 28, 2018, 04:01:44 PM
Been smoking some St Louis Style ribs for 6 hours and just took them off the smoker then of course sampled one and they are a Home Run!
damn, better than my mushroom swiss burgers!
Title: Re: 5/28/2018 - Memorial Day
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 28, 2018, 04:43:55 PM
DAMMIT, Started raining again
Title: Re: 5/28/2018 - Memorial Day
Post by: FloridaDean on May 28, 2018, 05:19:20 PM
DAMMIT, Started raining again
I had to close up the hot tub.
Title: Re: 5/28/2018 - Memorial Day
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 28, 2018, 11:15:22 PM

What I wouldn't give for another day off...