« Reply #255 on: June 24, 2014, 01:13:23 PM »

Holy shit, I just saw the PDR AFR-75 Edmundos on cigarmonster.com.  I have one in my portable humi, must've gotten it from CF.  Didn't realize they were so expensive.  Just figured it was a throwaway.  Anyone smoke one?
I'll have to check out the moochidor, see if I kept that one. Cause you're right, a PDR would've gone straight in there for me.
I know PDRs don't get much love here, so I've avoided them.  But I liked these: http://goo.gl/EQokq4
So I'm hopeful that this could be a decent stick.
High price is no indication  of how good or bad it is imo  .

While I agree with that, price is the basis of most comparison... in a retail market. The quality could be there, but most aren't necessarily going to overspend for something you could get comparable for much less. Because much less means more cigars at the end of the day.
In theory.  But most don't do the necessary homework to find out what is actually "comparable for less."  Most won't even bother to ask themselves what it is they like or dislike about a cigar, and taste is really subjective.  So the comparisons can get skewed.
We happen to be in the market share of the educated discernible consumer,(OK you guys are, I still like some gurkha  cigars!).  we long for the cigar that smokes well above it's price point.  How many times have you had this question from a noob: "what are you smoking is it a cuban, is it a cohiba?"
Being a discerning consumer means smoking what you like, liking what you smoke, and getting it for the best combination of price and service from your vendor.

« Reply #256 on: June 24, 2014, 01:14:49 PM »

18
Logged

gmrfish

  • Founding Member
  • Newbie Status
  • I once heard someone say something....
Re: 6/24/2014
« Reply #257 on: June 24, 2014, 01:15:44 PM »

Hello again! Been a while.  Last day with my kids at school, vacation commences Saturday after 5pm.
Logged

gmrfish

  • Founding Member
  • Newbie Status
  • I once heard someone say something....
Re: 6/24/2014
« Reply #258 on: June 24, 2014, 01:17:34 PM »

18
--- Scotch and cigar?! Don't kind if I do.....bourbon anyways.  Howdy flip!

« Reply #259 on: June 24, 2014, 01:18:37 PM »

Forza Azzuri!!!
what vitola do you like that in?  or is it a soccer(futbol) player or team?
Signor Filippi, you're embarrassing yourself.

« Reply #260 on: June 24, 2014, 01:19:07 PM »

Hello again! Been a while.  Last day with my kids at school, vacation commences Saturday after 5pm.
I'm slightly confused(i know, how can you tell ) :) do you have wednesday - friday in school without kids,
and what are you doing up till 5pm on saturday?
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 6/24/2014
« Reply #261 on: June 24, 2014, 01:19:29 PM »

20 Drew Estate My Uzi Weighs a Ton
          5/25.00
19 Gran Habano Corojo #5 Robusto
         10/24.50
18 La Reloba Habano Robusto
          5/19.99
17 Torano Dominican Selection Gordo
          10/29.99
16 Flor de La Antillas
          5/27.50
15 Joya de Nicaragua Dream Team Sampler
         12/37.50
14 Vegas Limitada TENTH
          5/29.50
13 Oliva Serie 'G' Torpedo
         10/32.50
12 Perdomo Lot 23 Robusto
         10/32.50
11 CAO America Bottlerocket Churchill
          3/16.99
10 Romeo y Julieta 1875 Bully Belicoso
         10/39.99
 9 La Aroma de Cuba Marquis Tubo Toro
          5/26.99
 8 Man O' War Ruination
         10/39.99
 7 La Gloria Cubana Serie R Black no58 Gordo
          5/22.50
 6 Varina Farms Winter Warmer Belicoso
         10/29.99
 5 Oliva Connecticut Reserve Toro
          5/22.50
 4 Camacho Triple Maduro Robusto
         10/39.99
 3 E.P. Carrillo Cardinal Natural 52
          5/22.50
 2 Diesel Unholy Cocktail Torpedo
          10/29.99
 1 Sam Leccia Luchador
          5/27.50

« Reply #262 on: June 24, 2014, 01:19:40 PM »

Forza Azzuri!!!
what vitola do you like that in?  or is it a soccer(futbol) player or team?
Signor Filippi, you're embarrassing yourself.
Blue force?

« Reply #263 on: June 24, 2014, 01:26:32 PM »

Forza Azzuri!!!
what vitola do you like that in?  or is it a soccer(futbol) player or team?
Signor Filippi, you're embarrassing yourself.
Blue force?
Blue power.  You say it kinda like "Roll Tide!" or "Boomer Sooner!" or "Sea-HAWKS."

« Reply #264 on: June 24, 2014, 01:27:43 PM »

Manager cooking up some BBQ today for lunch. Gotta go get my mitts on some.

Pulled/chopped pork?... Mmmm. Pork.
Tri-tip beef, chicken kebobs and roasted potatoes. Yum.
Logged

gmrfish

  • Founding Member
  • Newbie Status
  • I once heard someone say something....
Re: 6/24/2014
« Reply #265 on: June 24, 2014, 01:29:41 PM »

Hello again! Been a while.  Last day with my kids at school, vacation commences Saturday after 5pm.
I'm slightly confused(i know, how can you tell ) :) do you have wednesday - friday in school without kids,
and what are you doing up till 5pm on saturday?
. Wed no kids...check out and the AP class from 12-6. Then Thurs-Sat AP class from 8am-5pm.  Was supposed to be Mon-Thurs this week 8am-3pm or something, but snow days made 3 wonderful extra days for us this week! So they had to push it back. AP class is just meetings to get new materials, learn new techniques (in other words....90% of what I'm already doing anyways).
Logged

dogdays

« Reply #266 on: June 24, 2014, 01:30:11 PM »

Manager cooking up some BBQ today for lunch. Gotta go get my mitts on some.

Pulled/chopped pork?... Mmmm. Pork.
Tri-tip beef, chicken kebobs and roasted potatoes. Yum.
That sounds good right now ! .
Logged

gmrfish

  • Founding Member
  • Newbie Status
  • I once heard someone say something....
Re: 6/24/2014
« Reply #267 on: June 24, 2014, 01:30:48 PM »

Manager cooking up some BBQ today for lunch. Gotta go get my mitts on some.

Pulled/chopped pork?... Mmmm. Pork.
Tri-tip beef, chicken kebobs and roasted potatoes. Yum.
Damn, sounds good!

« Reply #268 on: June 24, 2014, 01:32:41 PM »

Manager cooking up some BBQ today for lunch. Gotta go get my mitts on some.

Pulled/chopped pork?... Mmmm. Pork.
Tri-tip beef, chicken kebobs and roasted potatoes. Yum.
Damn, sounds good!
Yeah it does, damn!

« Reply #269 on: June 24, 2014, 01:36:58 PM »

Manager cooking up some BBQ today for lunch. Gotta go get my mitts on some.

Pulled/chopped pork?... Mmmm. Pork.
Tri-tip beef, chicken kebobs and roasted potatoes. Yum.
Damn, sounds good!
Yeah it does, damn!
Yeah, it was pretty damn delicious.