CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26

Author Topic: 6/23/2014  (Read 61035 times)

Wenglish

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • It tastes like a cigar.
Re: 6/23/2014
« Reply #360 on: June 23, 2014, 11:28:01 PM »

Indeed.

glassken

« Reply #361 on: June 23, 2014, 11:30:31 PM »

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #362 on: June 23, 2014, 11:35:27 PM »

Feeling bad, had a blow up with my sister..... >:(
That's a bad deal.
indeed, she is 62 and worked for about 5 years in her entire life. Two kids by 18, my father got her a home and car, later moved her into a condo, the got my mother to buy her a 6 acre farm in NC and she got my dad's car and my step dad's truck when they passed. She has been living off my mothers SS check for the last 7 years and off my father before that. She called me concerned that my 85 year old mother should not be driving, as she got into a 2nd accident. I agreed and called my mother to tell her our worries. My mother then tells me she is making arrangements to give her car to my sisters grand daughter. I feel like I played again, what about my daughter, she needs a car......just cuz i am blessed to have a good job and work hard don't entitle deadbeats to everything. God bless them all.
I don't quite understand the deadbeats...  We have a few in my family too...  That's why I'm broke 1/2 the time..ugh..!

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #363 on: June 23, 2014, 11:36:20 PM »

Oyam18

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • El Matador del Banter

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #365 on: June 23, 2014, 11:43:30 PM »

I decided to try some cheep whiskey, "Ezra Brooks."  Sour Mash (which I like), not bad, sort of mellow. But now that I'm looking at my receipt it said Ezra Brooks 90 which I thought was 90 proof, but the bottle says 40% alc/vol, which would make it 80 proof, right..?  Oh well, $9.50... :)

Wenglish

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
« Reply #366 on: June 23, 2014, 11:44:06 PM »

Indeed.
Indeed.
indeed

This Le Bijou was pretty good.  Once it got into the second half the burn problems went away.  Jinxing myself, of course, since I'm not done yet.  I definitely prefer the natural wrapper, though.

Oyam18

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • El Matador del Banter
« Reply #367 on: June 23, 2014, 11:46:17 PM »

That's a bad deal.
indeed, she is 62 and worked for about 5 years in her entire life. Two kids by 18, my father got her a home and car, later moved her into a condo, the got my mother to buy her a 6 acre farm in NC and she got my dad's car and my step dad's truck when they passed. She has been living off my mothers SS check for the last 7 years and off my father before that. She called me concerned that my 85 year old mother should not be driving, as she got into a 2nd accident. I agreed and called my mother to tell her our worries. My mother then tells me she is making arrangements to give her car to my sisters grand daughter. I feel like I played again, what about my daughter, she needs a car......just cuz i am blessed to have a good job and work hard don't entitle deadbeats to everything. God bless them all.
I don't quite understand the deadbeats...  We have a few in my family too...  That's why I'm broke 1/2 the time..ugh..!
ALCOHOLICS ARE RESENTMENT-PRONE.
Most alcoholics have a deep—almost pathological—sense of justice. If we are wronged (meaning often that we did not get what we wanted), or we even conjure up the notion that we might have been wronged, we find full justification to express anger or harbor resentment. It then seems almost a duty to carry a justified resentment. Otherwise, those who have wronged us would get off scot-free. And that wouldn't be right, would it? So, we waste our God-given lives judging and punishing our fellows. Relinquishing a justified resentment is one of the most difficult experiences known to the alcoholic.....alcohol is not my drug of choice but I have the mind of an addict. That's why I need to let go and do gods will not mine. I only hurt myself by holding on to resentment.

Oyam18

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • El Matador del Banter
« Reply #368 on: June 23, 2014, 11:47:23 PM »

I decided to try some cheep whiskey, "Ezra Brooks."  Sour Mash (which I like), not bad, sort of mellow. But now that I'm looking at my receipt it said Ezra Brooks 90 which I thought was 90 proof, but the bottle says 40% alc/vol, which would make it 80 proof, right..?  Oh well, $9.50... :)
LOL your drunk  :)

Oyam18

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • El Matador del Banter
« Reply #369 on: June 23, 2014, 11:48:31 PM »

Indeed.
Indeed.
indeed

This Le Bijou was pretty good.  Once it got into the second half the burn problems went away.  Jinxing myself, of course, since I'm not done yet.  I definitely prefer the natural wrapper, though.
what wrapper is this?

Wenglish

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
« Reply #370 on: June 23, 2014, 11:50:07 PM »

Indeed.
Indeed.
indeed

what wrapper is this?

The Le Bijou.  Habano oscuro, I guess is the official classification.  I just meant I prefer the My Father to the MF Le Bijou. And by a large margin.

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #371 on: June 23, 2014, 11:51:13 PM »

That's a bad deal.
Most alcoholics have a deep—almost pathological—sense of justice. If we are wronged (meaning often that we did not get what we wanted), or we even conjure up the notion that we might have been wronged, we find full justification to express anger or harbor resentment. It then seems almost a duty to carry a justified resentment. Otherwise, those who have wronged us would get off scot-free. And that wouldn't be right, would it? So, we waste our God-given lives judging and punishing our fellows. Relinquishing a justified resentment is one of the most difficult experiences known to the alcoholic.....alcohol is not my drug of choice but I have the mind of an addict. That's why I need to let go and do gods will not mine. I only hurt myself by holding on to resentment.
Holding on resentment, that's me....  As much as I've thought about changing, I just can't seem to do it.

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #372 on: June 23, 2014, 11:54:23 PM »

LOL your drunk  :)
I'm testing it like wine.  Taste, swish, and spit it out....  :o

Oyam18

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • El Matador del Banter
« Reply #373 on: June 23, 2014, 11:55:24 PM »

Indeed.
Indeed.
indeed

what wrapper is this?

The Le Bijou.  Habano oscuro, I guess is the official classification.  I just meant I prefer the My Father to the MF Le Bijou. And by a large margin.
i think you will love the Antiguedad

Oyam18

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • El Matador del Banter
« Reply #374 on: June 23, 2014, 11:56:47 PM »

That's a bad deal.
Holding on resentment, that's me....  As much as I've thought about changing, I just can't seem to do it.
resentment is like a drug BD, very addictive
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26