Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16

glassken

« Reply #195 on: June 22, 2014, 10:21:20 PM »

Chatty bunch tonight.
I have not bought from CC since they did not send back my "Perfect Cut" cutter that I sent back to them for replacement. I was formerly a great customer.

I didn't see that happening.  I haven't bought anything from them in quite some time due to lack of good sales.  They do 2 box discounts now, like 10%, as well as send a coupon code if you leave things in your cart for a day or so (another 5%, I think), so if something good did pop up, you could do even better.  But not sending back a cutter?  That's some bullshit.
Will, I know it's a dumb reason. I get all the emails, and have been buying from them since '07. Seems everytime they have a sale, I am not in the market. Or it's some of the re-sell stuff. JR Salazar, and Vegas De Tabacalera Esteli were the only ones I would box purchase. They very rarely have the Vegas De Tabacalera Esteli. 5 or 6 years ago, a guy at the Miami shop told me that almost all of the boxes of those get bought up as soon as they are shipped to Florida. Kiki Berger makes them. Someone in Miami loves them to buy all of the boxes. It's probably too mild for me now. But, it sure did taste good when I used to get them!
Logged

glassken

« Reply #196 on: June 22, 2014, 10:25:18 PM »

Wow! I hope this cigar gets some taste going. Maybe my taste buds are way off today--medicines, and all. First third not much for me. Donna showed up about the time I fired it up. Maybe she killed my taste buds!
thats a shame, I found it to be a Flor de las Antillas dipped in cocoa. You should have a few more new sticks to try tomorrow, I hope you enjoy one of them.
David, the cigar is good. I'm just not getting much taste. I hope I'm not getting more sick! Thanks a million--love to try new stuff. I'm just about half way, and I'll see what it has in store. It's probably me.
Logged

Oyam18

  • El Matador del Banter
Re: 6/22/2014
« Reply #197 on: June 22, 2014, 10:27:23 PM »

[...]

I enjoyed smoking a cigar and drinking Cuban coffee at the shop. Some of the cigars are nice, last time I was there they were making a KOSHER cigar believe it or not. I didn't buy any.
Logged

Fred Bumpus

« Reply #198 on: June 22, 2014, 10:28:27 PM »

Edgar Hoill  Vida 1 day ott is nice. Gonna be a short smoke though.
Logged

Oyam18

  • El Matador del Banter
Re: 6/22/2014
« Reply #199 on: June 22, 2014, 10:28:55 PM »

Wow! I hope this cigar gets some taste going. Maybe my taste buds are way off today--medicines, and all. First third not much for me. Donna showed up about the time I fired it up. Maybe she killed my taste buds!
thats a shame, I found it to be a Flor de las Antillas dipped in cocoa. You should have a few more new sticks to try tomorrow, I hope you enjoy one of them.
David, the cigar is good. I'm just not getting much taste. I hope I'm not getting more sick! Thanks a million--love to try new stuff. I'm just about half way, and I'll see what it has in store. It's probably me.
you pulling the old "it's not you, it's me" deal. ;)
Logged

Oyam18

  • El Matador del Banter
Re: 6/22/2014
« Reply #200 on: June 22, 2014, 10:32:17 PM »

Edgar Hoill  Vida 1 day ott is nice. Gonna be a short smoke though.
FB Vida Pura!
Logged

glassken

« Reply #201 on: June 22, 2014, 10:33:03 PM »

Wow! I hope this cigar gets some taste going. Maybe my taste buds are way off today--medicines, and all. First third not much for me. Donna showed up about the time I fired it up. Maybe she killed my taste buds!
thats a shame, I found it to be a Flor de las Antillas dipped in cocoa. You should have a few more new sticks to try tomorrow, I hope you enjoy one of them.
David, the cigar is good. I'm just not getting much taste. I hope I'm not getting more sick! Thanks a million--love to try new stuff. I'm just about half way, and I'll see what it has in store. It's probably me.
well, maybe it was the cigar. New development is that now it taste great going into the last third. Warden just went to bed too--from her lady-whore trip to NO. Anyway, the poor girl is tired! But she ruined my cigar! Now it is tasting good!
Logged

glassken

« Reply #202 on: June 22, 2014, 10:36:23 PM »

Wow! I hope this cigar gets some taste going. Maybe my taste buds are way off today--medicines, and all. First third not much for me. Donna showed up about the time I fired it up. Maybe she killed my taste buds!
thats a shame, I found it to be a Flor de las Antillas dipped in cocoa. You should have a few more new sticks to try tomorrow, I hope you enjoy one of them.
David, the cigar is good. I'm just not getting much taste. I hope I'm not getting more sick! Thanks a million--love to try new stuff. I'm just about half way, and I'll see what it has in store. It's probably me.
you pulling the old "it's not you, it's me" deal. ;)
David, who knows. We tend to like a lot of the same cigars. It does taste good now. I was not getting much of anything in the first half--no offense, YMMV, IMHO, Taste is subjective, but thanks very much for the cigar! Now GFY!
Logged

Oyam18

  • El Matador del Banter
Re: 6/22/2014
« Reply #203 on: June 22, 2014, 10:45:05 PM »

Wow! I hope this cigar gets some taste going. Maybe my taste buds are way off today--medicines, and all. First third not much for me. Donna showed up about the time I fired it up. Maybe she killed my taste buds!
thats a shame, I found it to be a Flor de las Antillas dipped in cocoa. You should have a few more new sticks to try tomorrow, I hope you enjoy one of them.
David, the cigar is good. I'm just not getting much taste. I hope I'm not getting more sick! Thanks a million--love to try new stuff. I'm just about half way, and I'll see what it has in store. It's probably me.
you pulling the old "it's not you, it's me" deal. ;)
David, who knows. We tend to like a lot of the same cigars. It does taste good now. I was not getting much of anything in the first half--no offense, YMMV, IMHO, Taste is subjective, but thanks very much for the cigar! Now GFY!
the robusto seems to be my vitola for that blend. I couldn't handle much more, you know I'm a lightweight.
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 6/22/2014
« Reply #204 on: June 22, 2014, 10:47:20 PM »

Good evening all...  I'm working on a Gurkha Ninja and a few fingers of scotch.
Logged

glassken

« Reply #205 on: June 22, 2014, 10:53:28 PM »

[...]
David, don't know--it's like I was not getting much of anything the first half. Now it's tasting great, and I'll probably smoke it to the nub! I'll try this vitola again. Handmades, you know. Thanks again. I'm saving the Upmann for a special occasion. Maybe. Probably smoke it after I go back to work. Been feeling better, so will need to go to work soon!
Logged

EA

  • Founding Member
  • Junior Status
  • *
  • Ya' know what this guitar needs? Lessons.
Re: 6/22/2014
« Reply #206 on: June 22, 2014, 10:54:19 PM »

Edgar Hoill  Vida 1 day ott is nice. Gonna be a short smoke though.

Yup, good smoke for a short stick.
Logged

Oyam18

  • El Matador del Banter
Re: 6/22/2014
« Reply #207 on: June 22, 2014, 10:56:57 PM »

[...]
good to hear your doing better. I've been off sugar this month and lost over 5 lbs. I'm feeling better and focusing on being positive, so I should be liking more and more cigars.
Logged

glassken

« Reply #208 on: June 22, 2014, 11:01:13 PM »

[...]
I occasionally eat sweet stuff, but have been off sugar for over 6 months. So, in a weeks time I have so little that if I want a piece of German chocolate cake I'll eat it. I eat very little fat, but still weigh 225!
Logged

glassken

« Reply #209 on: June 22, 2014, 11:07:58 PM »

Good evening all...  I'm working on a Gurkha Ninja and a few fingers of scotch.
BD, how's the Scotch & Ninja been going for you?
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16