Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

« Reply #105 on: October 19, 2020, 03:08:49 PM »

Let's try again...
Overall pleasant I would say. Creamy leather with a hint of sweetness.  Some pepper and spice, more so in the first half.  Good deal of strength by the latter part of the smoke.  I wouldn't put it up with other Crowned Heads, wouldn't run out to buy a box, but enjoyable.

« Reply #106 on: October 19, 2020, 03:12:44 PM »

Let's try again...
Overall pleasant I would say. Creamy leather with a hint of sweetness.  Some pepper and spice, more so in the first half.  Good deal of strength by the latter part of the smoke.  I wouldn't put it up with other Crowned Heads, wouldn't run out to buy a box, but enjoyable.
That's disappointing given the hype, does it seem like age will help or just not great?

« Reply #107 on: October 19, 2020, 03:20:47 PM »

Perdomo Lot 23 Robusto
$39.99

« Reply #108 on: October 19, 2020, 03:23:31 PM »

Let's try again...
Overall pleasant I would say. Creamy leather with a hint of sweetness.  Some pepper and spice, more so in the first half.  Good deal of strength by the latter part of the smoke.  I wouldn't put it up with other Crowned Heads, wouldn't run out to buy a box, but enjoyable.
That's disappointing given the hype, does it seem like age will help or just not great?
Pretty straightforward.  Don't know that age would improve the pepper or spice.  Don't pick up hints of anything else that might emerge  or shift with age.

« Reply #109 on: October 19, 2020, 03:33:48 PM »

Let's try again...
Overall pleasant I would say. Creamy leather with a hint of sweetness.  Some pepper and spice, more so in the first half.  Good deal of strength by the latter part of the smoke.  I wouldn't put it up with other Crowned Heads, wouldn't run out to buy a box, but enjoyable.
That's disappointing given the hype, does it seem like age will help or just not great?
Pretty straightforward.  Don't know that age would improve the pepper or spice.  Don't pick up hints of anything else that might emerge  or shift with age.
Go with the Capa Especial.

« Reply #110 on: October 19, 2020, 03:43:26 PM »

Let's try again...
Overall pleasant I would say. Creamy leather with a hint of sweetness.  Some pepper and spice, more so in the first half.  Good deal of strength by the latter part of the smoke.  I wouldn't put it up with other Crowned Heads, wouldn't run out to buy a box, but enjoyable.
That's disappointing given the hype, does it seem like age will help or just not great?
Pretty straightforward.  Don't know that age would improve the pepper or spice.  Don't pick up hints of anything else that might emerge  or shift with age.
Go with the Capa Especial.
The preceding review and recommendation were brought to you by Dave's Corner / CigarBanter.com.

« Reply #111 on: October 19, 2020, 03:47:17 PM »

Clemson stick, better late than never.

« Reply #112 on: October 19, 2020, 04:04:55 PM »

Clemson stick, better late than never.

What is the official Notre Dame victory cigar?

« Reply #113 on: October 19, 2020, 04:05:35 PM »

my heart monitoring system works! just got a call from my cardiologist. she wants to see me first thing in the morning. apparently my heart has been going into afib in my sleep the past few nights.

« Reply #114 on: October 19, 2020, 04:07:02 PM »

my heart monitoring system works! just got a call from my cardiologist. she wants to see me first thing in the morning. apparently my heart has been going into afib in my sleep the past few nights.
Not good, but good to know.

« Reply #115 on: October 19, 2020, 04:07:43 PM »

Clemson stick, better late than never.

Be sure to save one for November.

« Reply #116 on: October 19, 2020, 04:12:19 PM »

Clemson stick, better late than never.

What is the official Notre Dame victory cigar?
Drew Estate Undercrown Maduro?

« Reply #117 on: October 19, 2020, 04:13:21 PM »

Clemson stick, better late than never.

What is the official Notre Dame victory cigar?
Not one per se, but the official ND victory over Clemson cigar is the Laranja maduro. Called Escuro.  Needless to say, they have a lot of age on them.  ::)

« Reply #118 on: October 19, 2020, 04:18:10 PM »

my heart monitoring system works! just got a call from my cardiologist. she wants to see me first thing in the morning. apparently my heart has been going into afib in my sleep the past few nights.
That's pretty scary. How have you been feeling? Perhaps they will recommend implanting a defibrillator.

« Reply #119 on: October 19, 2020, 04:19:11 PM »

Clemson stick, better late than never.

What is the official Notre Dame victory cigar?
Drew Estate Undercrown Maduro?

Or a random candela?
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10