CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: 10/27/2017  (Read 7562 times)

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
Re: 10/27/2017
« Reply #120 on: October 27, 2017, 08:03:19 PM »

At the boys house and he is cooking shrimp etoufee for dinner.  I am smoking an EPC Selecion Oscuro while enjoying a Sierra Nevada Oktoberfest.  Pretty sunset with being down .
smoking the same as you, with a bourbon manhattan.
That sounds like a good combo

tcarblu

• Founding Member
  • Junior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #121 on: October 27, 2017, 08:35:30 PM »

At the boys house and he is cooking shrimp etoufee for dinner.  I am smoking an EPC Selecion Oscuro while enjoying a Sierra Nevada Oktoberfest.  Pretty sunset with being down .
It was. How was that shrimp etoufee? Following up with a Hemingway Classic Maduro and Bourbon neat. How about you?

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #122 on: October 27, 2017, 09:57:04 PM »

It was. How was that shrimp etoufee? Following up with a Hemingway Classic Maduro and Bourbon neat. How about you?
Etoufee was great, just had a couple of beers before dinner since I had to drive home.  Passed a big wreck with one turned over in the road when we were coming home.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #123 on: October 27, 2017, 09:57:06 PM »

Morning "knew it" Fish, guess "bought them cheaper" Bean will be here soon.
Speaking of CheapyCheapoBean, Charlie and I were talking about the La Palina Mr. Sams yesterday. Wasn't there a kick-ass deal on them a while back and what was it?
Don't ask me, the La Palina line isn't one of my favs so haven't been hunting them.
I like them a lot and yes there was but a while back was close to a year or more.  I am not like Bean and don't keep an excel diary of what I buy because I don't have to submit monthly cigar expense reports like he does  but it was like 10/$38-40ish for coronas I think, I bought quite a few.  I can't even remember where I got them.
Two years ago I bought three 10'ers of various sizes from the sis at $5 ea and applied a $25 coupon, came to about $4 ea.  You and I were going to a split but never got together, and I ended up smoking through most of them.
But there were no Mr Sams included in those were there?
No.  El Diario Kill Bill and Black Label.  And I ordered two 10'ers, so $3.75 ea after coupon.  Haven't tried the Mr. Sam. We need ClemsonDave to advise us.
Mr. Sam is probably the best of the La Palina line IMHO.  Great burn characteristics and solid flavors.  Not necessarily my personal preferred flavor profile, or I would smoke them more. I'v'e only had the robusto, which I think was the only size originally. KB is a potent little sucker.  Nice when you want to go full but don't have much time.  Goldie is the other that I enjoy a lot.  Haven't had the Black Label.
Somebody mention Sam? 
how's it going all?
Wow. Hiya, Sam. How've you been?
Hey Tony!  Been ok thanks!  was a crazy busy summer.  how are you making out?  family ok?
Sorry, Sam. All hell broke loose at work.

Otherwise, the family and I are doing well. Still generally employed. Therefore, same ole, same ole.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #124 on: October 27, 2017, 09:57:35 PM »

Astros up 4-1 middle of the 4th.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #125 on: October 27, 2017, 10:03:13 PM »

Astros up 4-1 middle of the 4th.
Awesome! I was just thinking about the game. I'm just finishing up my dinner.

tcarblu

• Founding Member
  • Junior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #126 on: October 27, 2017, 10:13:24 PM »

Etoufee was great, just had a couple of beers before dinner since I had to drive home.  Passed a big wreck with one turned over in the road when we were coming home.
/that makes good sense. I do my best drinking at home anyway and where else can you smoke a cigar today. Thankfully I can smoke in my study at home and the back lanai and front porch. Works wonderfully.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #127 on: October 27, 2017, 10:49:00 PM »

AKA Life is good!

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #128 on: October 27, 2017, 10:53:11 PM »

Boston College kicking FSUs butt.  35-3 beginning of the 4th quarter.  Red Bandanna game, good for BC.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #129 on: October 27, 2017, 11:03:46 PM »

If you don't know the history of the red bandana, it shouldn't be forgotten!

I can never watch this without a tissue or two...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtJJViD_Hh8
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]