CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: 10/12/2017  (Read 5690 times)

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
Re: 10/12/2017
« Reply #90 on: October 12, 2017, 03:56:04 PM »

just home from Lady Lakes in the Villages. Only 6 injections instead of 9. Surgery on my left wrist December 18.
Ouch. Sorry to hear it, brother.
they are better than they were and should be easier for the surgeon come December.
Man, hope you can drive and hold your smoke both in the same hand.
Redhead is going with me to play 'nurse', and her daughter who is a nurse will be here when we get back. One can cut my cigar and one can light it.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #91 on: October 12, 2017, 04:06:09 PM »

just home from Lady Lakes in the Villages. Only 6 injections instead of 9. Surgery on my left wrist December 18.
they are better than they were and should be easier for the surgeon come December.
Redhead is going with me to play 'nurse', and her daughter who is a nurse will be here when we get back. One can cut my cigar and one can light it.
Hmmmm, and then one can old each of your cigars.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #92 on: October 12, 2017, 04:08:32 PM »

Hmmmm, and then one can old each of your cigars.
Hmmmmm is right.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #93 on: October 12, 2017, 04:09:04 PM »

so Dave, granite all good to go?

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #94 on: October 12, 2017, 04:43:05 PM »

Close, but funny.  We walked in a huge granite warehouse and the most beautiful slabs we have ever seen and the perfect colors were right in front  of us.  This distributor does not give prices you find something and your fabricator does the rest.  Every slab we have liked has run between $2,500 and $3,800 installed and we need 1 or 2 depending on the slab size and patterns.  Well my fabricator called while ago and he is a pretty funny guy and told me to sit down.  Told him I was driving and he said pull off the road and put it in park.   

$7,000 per slab :o.  He said he did not know anyone even stocked granite here that exceeded $5000/slab because there is just not much market for it.  Now premium Italian granites can cost $$10-20k but you very rarely see those anywhere.

So needless to say that one is OUT!  But we have 3 reserved to look at again tomorrow.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #95 on: October 12, 2017, 04:48:13 PM »

Nica Rustica lit and some ice cold sparkling water.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #96 on: October 12, 2017, 04:53:44 PM »

Close, but funny.  We walked in a huge granite warehouse and the most beautiful slabs we have ever seen and the perfect colors were right in front  of us.  This distributor does not give prices you find something and your fabricator does the rest.  Every slab we have liked has run between $2,500 and $3,800 installed and we need 1 or 2 depending on the slab size and patterns.  Well my fabricator called while ago and he is a pretty funny guy and told me to sit down.  Told him I was driving and he said pull off the road and put it in park.   

$7,000 per slab :o.  He said he did not know anyone even stocked granite here that exceeded $5000/slab because there is just not much market for it.  Now premium Italian granites can cost $$10-20k but you very rarely see those anywhere.

So needless to say that one is OUT!  But we have 3 reserved to look at again tomorrow.
WOW, $7,000 a slab. I can't get my head around that. must be nice though, just no 7 grand nice.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #97 on: October 12, 2017, 04:56:44 PM »

WOW, $7,000 a slab. I can't get my head around that. must be nice though, just no 7 grand nice.
We have looked at hundreds of slabs and yes it was probably 7 grand nice but not my 7 grand.

Picture does not do it justice but here is one of the 6 they had.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #98 on: October 12, 2017, 05:03:54 PM »

We have looked at hundreds of slabs and yes it was probably 7 grand nice but not my 7 grand.

Nice, but I don't like the squiggle pattern.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #99 on: October 12, 2017, 05:07:46 PM »

Nice, but I don't like the squiggle pattern.
The wave patterns are what we are after and they are always more expensive just not necessarily that expensive . 

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #100 on: October 12, 2017, 05:49:14 PM »

off for an Attitude Adjustment. BBL.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #101 on: October 12, 2017, 08:45:05 PM »

I'm back. Paragas Black robust and coffee going.

SMKNGOLFER

• Newbie Status
  • Proud to be a BotL
« Reply #102 on: October 12, 2017, 10:19:42 PM »

Mi Querida and a glass of red wine. Been a while fockers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #103 on: October 12, 2017, 11:05:51 PM »

Sounds good. Just having dinner now. But a cigar and a glass of wine sounds spectacular. Unfortunately it'll have to wait until tomorrow.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #104 on: October 12, 2017, 11:10:02 PM »

How'd you find us, Josh? The old CI banter is long gone.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]