CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: 9/12/2017  (Read 5221 times)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
Re: 9/12/2017
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2017, 07:20:17 AM »

Morning EarlyRiserTony and OnTheRoadAgainDave.
Good morning, OGTravellin Dave.
Need to wait for CarolinaTravellinDave to settle in before I start hitting the road again on Monday for a long stretch.  Confusing enough with the number of Dave's, don't need them all to be of the travelling variety.
Believe me, I will give it my all to shut and lock the Travellin Door behind me Friday afternoon and hand you over the key!
I was very sad to hear that we were selling our San Diego Site as part of another merger divestiture requirement.  Last of our three Cali sites...knew it was coming but sad none the less.  May be a while before there is another JWacky rendezvous.
It was officially announced yesterday is what I meant to say...

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2017, 07:20:51 AM »

Where's Dean this morning?  Out chasing 'possums?

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2017, 07:25:28 AM »

Need to wait for CarolinaTravellinDave to settle in before I start hitting the road again on Monday for a long stretch.  Confusing enough with the number of Dave's, don't need them all to be of the travelling variety.
Believe me, I will give it my all to shut and lock the Travellin Door behind me Friday afternoon and hand you over the key!
I was very sad to hear that we were selling our San Diego Site as part of another merger divestiture requirement.  Last of our three Cali sites...knew it was coming but sad none the less.  May be a while before there is another JWacky rendezvous.
And I'll be dropping down from a 100K Frequent Flier to mere Gold status....

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2017, 07:27:02 AM »

Your world is crumbling around you

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2017, 07:29:15 AM »

And where's OhioDave?  Still getting over the shock of the Brownies loosing to the Steelers?

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2017, 07:30:08 AM »

Indeed...no more Cali, European trips dropped off....sheesh.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2017, 07:31:05 AM »

Watched some storm chaser videos of the FL Keys last night and Holy Cow what a mess they are!  Seriously doubt we will be making outer spring trip there, can't see anyway they can be recovered by then when you consider how much other recovery is also required around the state.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2017, 07:33:49 AM »

Indeed...no more Cali, European trips dropped off....sheesh.
I have made Hilton Platinum for next year but that will be the last one so want to get my two little free planned trips knocked out in 2018.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2017, 07:35:39 AM »

@ Fish - How is your sister in Naples?

sfish

« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2017, 07:56:23 AM »

All good, reasonably speaking. She's driving down today with her BIL, who works for them. He's a trades guy who takes care of their properties, they bought a trailer and are going down to assess and make repairs. No water damage or flooding but they have fencing, screen enclosures and landscaping that took a beating...nothing compared to what was forcasted but plenty of work to do regardless. They have their house we've been going to and just bought a new one 3 miles from there. They will rent out the current one and move into the new one later this year, they also have 4 or 5 other rental homes they own in the same area. Can't shed many tears for someone who can own so much but the storm could have really put a hurting on them

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2017, 08:05:37 AM »

All good, reasonably speaking. She's driving down today with her BIL, who works for them. He's a trades guy who takes care of their properties, they bought a trailer and are going down to assess and make repairs. No water damage or flooding but they have fencing, screen enclosures and landscaping that took a beating...nothing compared to what was forcasted but plenty of work to do regardless. They have their house we've been going to and just bought a new one 3 miles from there. They will rent out the current one and move into the new one later this year, they also have 4 or 5 other rental homes they own in the same area. Can't shed many tears for someone who can own so much but the storm could have really put a hurting on them
For sure fortunate with only that level of damage.

sfish

« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2017, 08:09:55 AM »

For sure fortunate with only that level of damage.
Absolutely, blessed to have that much but looked to be potentially catastrophic early on...very lucky

sfish

« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2017, 08:11:44 AM »

Wow, what does that mean to you and how much longer do you need to be there?

Threebean

« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2017, 08:13:02 AM »

Morning Fish, Daves, Tony. Heading back east myself later this morning for the rest of the week. 

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2017, 08:15:04 AM »

Morning Fish, Daves, Tony. Heading back east myself later this morning for the rest of the week.
Morning YankeeBean
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8