CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: 9/7/2017  (Read 5913 times)

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
Re: 9/7/2017
« Reply #75 on: September 07, 2017, 05:22:44 PM »

I just got this:

This is Sheriff Mike Prendergast with an emergency message from your Emergency Management Section with important information regarding Hurricane Irma.  Do not hang up. Based on current forecasts and predictions for Hurricane Irma, the following actions are in effect for Citrus County. 

The Citrus County Board of County Commissioners has declared a local state of emergency and a voluntary evacuation of all residents in mobile homes, manufactured homes, recreational vehicles, similar type structures or vehicles and tent campers throughout the entire county. I repeat, this is for the entire county.  You should evacuate your location and either leave the county to a safe location or go to one of the county shelters as a last resort. Please refer to your evacuation plan and ensure that you have all important documents and papers with you when you leave.

Shelter locations are as follows:  For the general population shelter, go to the Lecanto Middle School, located at3800 West Educational Path, Lecanto.  For the pet friendly shelter, go to the Lecanto Primary School located at 3790 West Educational Path, Lecanto.   For those persons registered as Special Needs in accordance with the State of Florida, go to the Renaissance School located at3630 West Educational Path, Lecanto.  West Educational Path is approximately 2.5 miles south of the intersection of Hwy 44 and Hwy 491. 

The shelters will open on Friday, September 8, at 2PM.  I repeat, the shelters will open Friday at 2PM.  If you are going to a shelter, bring a small bag with clothing, toiletries, medicine, pillow and blanket or sleeping bag.  There is only approx. 20 square feet per person.  For more information on what to bring to the pet friendly shelter, visitsheriffcitrus.org and click on the emergency management tab and then pets.

Roadways are congested already and will become even more congested as people evacuate from our county and those coming from the south to get away from the hurricane’s path. 

DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE THE POTENIAL OF THIS HURRICANE.  Citrus County will experience high winds. Please Act Now And Evacuate For Your Safety!

For more information, go to the Citrus County Sheriff’s Office Facebook page or visitsheriffcitrus.org.

The citizen information line is352-249-2775.  Do not call 9-1-1 unless it is an emergency.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #76 on: September 07, 2017, 05:24:09 PM »

Can't seem to post the map with my phone but with the 5:00 forecast my place is now outside the cone and Dean is inside the cone.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #77 on: September 07, 2017, 05:24:32 PM »

If they order an evacuation for my area there is no way to get out. All the roads are parking lots here now all the way to the border.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #78 on: September 07, 2017, 05:31:41 PM »

Humi is getting low, smoking an AB Sungrown but it is not terrible I must say.  No earthly idea where I got it but must have been one of those from back when famous would put an extra cigar or two in with your order

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #79 on: September 07, 2017, 05:56:28 PM »

They busted 81 drug dealers at the old homeless shelter today

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #80 on: September 07, 2017, 06:00:34 PM »

Irma now heading more to the north west.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #81 on: September 07, 2017, 06:02:05 PM »

As people evacuate the Florida Keys ahead of Hurricane Irma's anticipated landfall on the Sunshine State, a handful of people and 54 cats will weather the storm at Ernest Hemingway's former home.

The six-toed cats of the Hemingway Home Museum will be free to come and go between the hurricane-proof buildings as Irma sweeps across the islands. While some may be concerned for that cats' safety, the museum's executive director Dave Gonazlez said the felines are quite adept at surviving storms that hit Key West.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #82 on: September 07, 2017, 06:44:01 PM »

They busted 81 drug dealers at the old homeless shelter today
So they've had a plan all along...
Just lulled them into a false sense of security.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #83 on: September 07, 2017, 06:45:21 PM »

As people evacuate the Florida Keys ahead of Hurricane Irma's anticipated landfall on the Sunshine State, a handful of people and 54 cats will weather the storm at Ernest Hemingway's former home.

The six-toed cats of the Hemingway Home Museum will be free to come and go between the hurricane-proof buildings as Irma sweeps across the islands. While some may be concerned for that cats' safety, the museum's executive director Dave Gonazlez said the felines are quite adept at surviving storms that hit Key West.
Bunch of inbred pussies.   ;)

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #84 on: September 07, 2017, 06:48:13 PM »

Hurricane Survival Gear.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #85 on: September 07, 2017, 06:55:49 PM »

Local TV news.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #86 on: September 07, 2017, 07:04:46 PM »

Bunch of inbred pussies.   ;)
There will be 80 more there by tomorrow

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #87 on: September 07, 2017, 07:20:39 PM »

Hurricane Survival Gear.
Looks like you've got it covered.

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Why, I'd be delighted to put my needs last again!
« Reply #88 on: September 07, 2017, 07:24:32 PM »

Threebean

« Reply #89 on: September 07, 2017, 08:34:16 PM »

Evening Hurricane watchers.  Beautiful evening out here. San Cris Revelation and water with the sun going down.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7