Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2017, 06:41:41 AM »

The wonder of a single snowflake outweighs the wisdom of a million meteorologists. - Francis Bacon

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2017, 06:42:21 AM »

Morning Mr. Mayor.

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2017, 06:45:08 AM »

Tasting profile courtesy of Small Batch Cigar, part 2:

Leather

Citrus

Milk Chocolate

Cinnamon

Cherry

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2017, 06:45:53 AM »

DEVELOP YOUR PALATE – LEATHER | ILLUSIONE ROTHCHILDES

As mentioned in our first article on developing your palate, leather is one of those classic tasting notes that is more associated with our sense of smell than our sense of taste. And for that reason, leather can be a very nuanced note because of all the different types of smells associated with it.

How to develop your cigar palate? Develop Your Palate with these Iconic Tasting Notes: Leather, Milk Chocolate, Citrus, Cherry, and Cinnamon from SmallBatchCigar.comConsider faux leather, rough side out boot leather, old versus new leather, that Italian leather sofa that your significant other won’t let you put in your office, and any other type of leather in your memory bank. The smells and sensations are different, yet firm inside your mind.  Once lit, the Illusione Rothchildes will take you on a roller coaster ride of thick, chewy leather.

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2017, 06:46:29 AM »

DEVELOP YOUR PALATE – CITRUS | ESPINOSA LARANJA RESERVA

There’s so many other robust flavors battling for your attention that citrus, as a secondary flavor, is often overlooked unless it’s in your face. That is, until the Espinosa Laranja Reserva entered the scene, a cigar that’s named after the orange hue of the wrapper as well as the orange zest deeply ingrained in the flavor profile.

How to develop your cigar palate? Develop Your Palate with these Iconic Tasting Notes: Leather, Milk Chocolate, Citrus, Cherry, and Cinnamon from SmallBatchCigar.com

While it’s true that lemon is more common to cigars than orange tasting notes are, our goal is to identify a cigar with an abundance of a certain flavor to assist in developing your palate. And, when you fire up the Laranja, you’ll swear that Erik Espinosa grew this tobacco in an orange grove.

« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2017, 06:47:03 AM »

DEVELOP YOUR PALATE – MILK CHOCOLATE | CALDWELL THE KING IS DEAD

In contrast with dark chocolate, milk chocolate is a more refined flavor that is smoother, easier on the palate, and generally harder to come by in the cigar world.  Caldwell’s The King is Dead utilizes a negrito wrapper that imparts strong sensations of milk chocolate or chocolate milk depending on how you perceive it.

How to develop your cigar palate? Develop Your Palate with these Iconic Tasting Notes: Leather, Milk Chocolate, Citrus, Cherry, and Cinnamon from SmallBatchCigar.com

This cigar was blended to be part of a two cigar experience with The King is Dead to be enjoyed first, quickly followed by Long Live the King. From the first moment that you set fire to The King is Dead, you’ll be transported back to a time when you could eat as much chocolate as you wanted without impunity.

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2017, 06:47:43 AM »

DEVELOP YOUR PALATE – CINNAMON | CALDWELL LONG LIVE THE KING

Cinnamon is a hard flavor to pinpoint in cigars because it’s rarely unaccompanied – usually it’s noted as exotic spices, warm spices, or Christmas spices when a reviewer feels that there are more things at play than just cinnamon. This complicates things until you enjoy a Long Live the King, particularly in the My Style is Jalapeno (lancero) vitola.

How to develop your cigar palate? Develop Your Palate with these Iconic Tasting Notes: Leather, Milk Chocolate, Citrus, Cherry, and Cinnamon from SmallBatchCigar.com

Because this cigar is so unique, it’s developed a love/hate relationship amongst cigar enthusiasts.  But love it or hate it, once you’ve finished this cigar you’ll be able to identify cinnamon from here on out.  And, if you’re a fan of cinnamon, this intoxicating combo will have your head spinning in all the right ways.

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2017, 06:48:24 AM »

DEVELOP YOUR PALATE – CHERRY | FOUNDATION CIGAR CO’S EL GUEGUENSE

As noted with our recent Blind Review of Viaje’s Juntos, cherry can easily be interpreted in different ways.  The distinct sweetness that we’d all probably identify in a blind food taste test may present itself as different fruits or even floral notes when detected in a cigar.  This is most likely due to the fact that it’s a secondary tasting note much like citrus and cinnamon.

How to develop your cigar palate? Develop Your Palate with these Iconic Tasting Notes: Leather, Milk Chocolate, Citrus, Cherry, and Cinnamon from SmallBatchCigar.com

While we’ve worked hard to only showcase cigars that make it easy for you to detect, this one may you to focus more than the others. El Gueguense is a testament to Nicholas Melillo’s blending prowess and suitably conveys a very complex experience with multiple transitions.

Cherry particularly shines in this blend when enjoyed slowly.

« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2017, 06:49:40 AM »

« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2017, 06:53:26 AM »

« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2017, 06:56:53 AM »

Morning Mr. Mayor.
Hiya Dave. You trying to say something with all those snowflake quotes?

« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2017, 07:13:36 AM »

« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2017, 07:38:59 AM »

Morning Mr. Mayor.
Hiya Dave. You trying to say something with all those snowflake quotes?
Never try to say anything, either I say it or not.
Just opening up discussions for the day.

« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2017, 07:39:38 AM »

Morning Mr. Mayor.
Hiya Dave. You trying to say something with all those snowflake quotes?
Never try to say anything, either I say it or not.
Just opening up discussions for the day.
Hmmmm.

« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2017, 07:44:04 AM »

does anybody smoke cigars because they taste like tabacco?
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10