CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on March 14, 2017, 12:01:14 AM

Title: 3/14/2017
Post by: CigarBanter on March 14, 2017, 12:01:14 AM
It's Tuesday again! In between insults we'll occasionally discuss cigars.  Join in and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on March 14, 2017, 12:33:46 AM
La Perla Tuesday.
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on March 14, 2017, 12:36:16 AM
Joe Cigar Oops.  The midnight mystery strikes again.
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 14, 2017, 04:12:38 AM
Joe Cigar Oops.  The midnight mystery strikes again.
Status update:

We're still oopsing on joecigar and it's snowing like a mofo in the northeast. Looks like the fortune tellers got this one right.
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 14, 2017, 05:14:07 AM
Morning 3:00 a.m. Mayor
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 14, 2017, 05:15:19 AM
Morning Snow Bunnies!
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 14, 2017, 05:18:18 AM
4:15 a.m. update:  Still under Condition OOPS!

Rest of the CI Site seems to be working with only Joe Oopsing.

Sister is working but might as well shut down.
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 14, 2017, 05:21:45 AM
3 more days before The Page changes the daily deal.
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 14, 2017, 05:31:45 AM
Depending on what news source you listen to somewhere between 6 and 8 thousand flights cancelled to accommodate Stella.

Assume 7,000 divide by 2 then take the sq root and divide that by 3 should give you the correct number of cancellations but delays are probably significant as always in the NE Hubs.

As to the Blizzard Conditions, not sure how you can have much of a blizzard with temperatures above freezing.  I will check with Dairy Queen on that one.
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 14, 2017, 05:49:12 AM
4:15 a.m. update:  Still under Condition OOPS!

Rest of the CI Site seems to be working with only Joe Oopsing.

Sister is working but might as well shut down.
4:50 a.m. Update:  Condition OOPS! Continues
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 14, 2017, 05:54:54 AM
Time to ready for the commute, few hours in the office then off to Ft Worth.

42 degrees here looking for a high in the low 70's with sunshine but it might snow.
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: Threebean on March 14, 2017, 06:32:29 AM
Morning LoneDave.  In the orifice for only a short time myself then to San Antonio.
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 14, 2017, 06:36:47 AM
Joe Cigar Oops.  The midnight mystery strikes again.
Status update:

We're still oopsing on joecigar and it's snowing like a mofo in the northeast. Looks like the fortune tellers got this one right.
Not so much for us. Barely an inch of snow on the ground. Still coming down, but not the feet of snow some people were calling for. Lots of local schools closed, but I think that was mainly on hype.
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: Threebean on March 14, 2017, 06:55:31 AM
Joe Cigar Oops.  The midnight mystery strikes again.
Status update:

We're still oopsing on joecigar and it's snowing like a mofo in the northeast. Looks like the fortune tellers got this one right.
Not so much for us. Barely an inch of snow on the ground. Still coming down, but not the feet of snow some people were calling for. Lots of local schools closed, but I think that was mainly on hype.
Weather forecast hype?  Say it ain't so!  Morning, SecondDave.
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 14, 2017, 07:02:04 AM
Morning Gents.  Got over 6" but with it switching over to sleet and freezing rain, that is being tamped down.  Not sure which I'd rather.
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 14, 2017, 07:06:12 AM
Under the testimonials on CigarPage...."Unlike certain other companies, CigarPage actually ships my orders"...
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 14, 2017, 07:07:17 AM
Today is Tuesday, March 14, the 73rd day of 2017. There are 292 days left in the year.

Today's Highlight in History:

On March 14, 1967, the body of President John F. Kennedy was moved from a temporary grave to a permanent memorial site at Arlington National Cemetery in Virginia.

On this date:

In 1794, Eli Whitney received a patent for his cotton gin, an invention that revolutionized America's cotton industry.

In 1885, the Gilbert and Sullivan comic opera "The Mikado" premiered at the Savoy Theatre in London.

In 1900, Congress ratified the Gold Standard Act.

In 1907, President Theodore Roosevelt signed an executive order designed to prevent Japanese laborers from immigrating to the United States as part of a "gentlemen's agreement" with Japan.

In 1923, President Warren G. Harding became the first chief executive to file an income tax return, paying a levy of $17,990 on his $75,000 salary.

In 1939, the republic of Czechoslovakia was dissolved, opening the way for Nazi occupation of Czech areas and the separation of Slovakia.

In 1951, during the Korean War, United Nations forces recaptured Seoul (sohl).

In 1964, a jury in Dallas found Jack Ruby guilty of murdering Lee Harvey Oswald, the accused assassin of President John F. Kennedy, and sentenced him to death. (Both the conviction and death sentence were overturned, but Ruby died before he could be retried.)

In 1975, "Monty Python and the Holy Grail," a sendup of the legend of King Arthur, had its world premiere in Los Angeles. Academy Award-winning actress Susan Hayward, 57, died in Los Angeles.

In 1980, a LOT Polish Airlines jet crashed while attempting to land in Warsaw, killing all 87 people aboard, including 22 members of a U.S. amateur boxing team.

In 1990, the Soviet Congress of People's Deputies held a secret ballot that elected Mikhail S. Gorbachev to a new, powerful presidency.

In 1991, a British court overturned the convictions of the "Birmingham Six," who had spent 16 years in prison for a 1974 Irish Republican Army bombing, and ordered them released.
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 14, 2017, 07:08:05 AM
Ten years ago: The Pentagon released the transcript of a military hearing in which Khalid Sheikh Mohammed (HAH'-leed shayk moh-HAH'-med) said he "was responsible for the 9/11 operation from A to Z." President George W. Bush, speaking from Mexico, said he was troubled by the Justice Department's misleading explanations to Congress of why it had fired eight U.S. attorneys, but said the firings were "entirely appropriate."

Five years ago: President Barack Obama and his wife, Michelle, hosted a White House state dinner for British Prime Minister David Cameron and his wife, Samantha. Earlier, the two leaders announced that NATO forces would hand over the lead combat role in Afghanistan to Afghan forces in 2013 as the U.S. and its allies aimed to get out by the end of 2014.

One year ago: The Senate voted 49-40 to confirm John B. King Jr. as the nation's education secretary; King had been serving as acting secretary since Arne Duncan stepped down in Dec. 2015. Europe and Russia launched the ExoMars probe on a joint mission to explore the atmosphere of Mars and hunt for signs of life on the red planet. An Amtrak train traveling from Los Angeles to Chicago derailed west of Dodge City, Kansas, injuring 28 of the 144 people on board.
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 14, 2017, 07:08:43 AM
Today's Birthdays: Singer Phil Phillips (Song: "Sea of Love") is 91. Former astronaut Frank Borman is 89. Actor Michael Caine is 84. Composer-conductor Quincy Jones is 84. Actor Raymond J. Barry is 78. Movie director Wolfgang Petersen is 76. Country singer Michael Martin Murphey is 72. Rock musician Walt Parazaider (payr-ah-ZAY'-der)(Chicago) is 72. Actor Steve Kanaly is 71. Comedian Billy Crystal is 69. Former Sen. Tom Coburn, R-Okla., is 69. Actor-writer-comedian-radio personality Rick Dees is 66. Country singer Jann Browne is 63. Actor Adrian Zmed is 63. Prince Albert II, the ruler of Monaco, is 59. Actress Laila Robins is 58. Actress Tamara Tunie (tuh-MAH'-ruh TOO'-nee) is 58. Actress Penny Johnson Jerald is 57. Producer-director-writer Kevin Williamson is 52. Actress Elise Neal is 51. Actor Gary Anthony Williams is 51. Actress Megan Follows is 49. Rock musician Michael Bland is 48. Country singer Kristian Bush is 47. Rock musician Derrick is 45. Actress Betsy Brandt is 44. Actress Grace Park is 43. Actor Daniel Gillies is 41. Actor Corey Stoll is 41. Actor Jake Fogelnest is 38. Actor Chris Klein is 38. Actress Kate Maberly is 35. Singer-musician Taylor Hanson (Hanson) is 34. Actor Jamie Bell is 31. Rock musician Este Haim (HY'-uhm) (Haim) is 31. Actor Ansel Elgort is 23. Olympic gold medal gymnast Simone Biles is 20.
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 14, 2017, 07:09:15 AM
Thought for Today: "The man who does his work, any work, conscientiously, must always be in one sense a great man." - Dinah Maria Mulock Craik, English novelist (1826-1887).
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 14, 2017, 07:10:06 AM
Under the testimonials on CigarPage...."Unlike certain other companies, CigarPage actually ships my orders"...
Funny, but as bad as Famous is they do still ship pretty good.
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on March 14, 2017, 07:18:27 AM
good morning guys. fence kicked my ass yesterday. 2 post holes had a rock the size of a VW bug. would have been done by noon but did't finish until 5. damn rainy day and the gnats came out around 4 and bit the crap out of me. heading to pick up a buddy so he can reserve a table at an auction for tomorrow. going down into the 30's tomorrow.
EPC 2nd and coffee here.
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 14, 2017, 07:30:23 AM
good morning guys. fence kicked my ass yesterday. 2 post holes had a rock the size of a VW bug. would have been done by noon but did't finish until 5. damn rainy day and the gnats came out around 4 and bit the crap out of me. heading to pick up a buddy so he can reserve a table at an auction for tomorrow. going down into the 30's tomorrow.
EPC 2nd and coffee here.
Kicked you ass...now there's a surprise.  Thought you said it was all sandy soil.
Well, glad it's done and move on to the next fun project.
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 14, 2017, 07:30:40 AM
good morning guys. fence kicked my ass yesterday. 2 post holes had a rock the size of a VW bug. would have been done by noon but did't finish until 5. damn rainy day and the gnats came out around 4 and bit the crap out of me. heading to pick up a buddy so he can reserve a table at an auction for tomorrow. going down into the 30's tomorrow.
EPC 2nd and coffee here.
Morning Dean
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 14, 2017, 07:32:08 AM
I don't know what the hell it's doing out there, but it's blowing sideways, sounds like hell against the house, so I sure as hell am not going out until it stops.  Gonna kick my ass in any case anyway.
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 14, 2017, 07:32:27 AM
good morning guys. fence kicked my ass yesterday. 2 post holes had a rock the size of a VW bug. would have been done by noon but did't finish until 5. damn rainy day and the gnats came out around 4 and bit the crap out of me. heading to pick up a buddy so he can reserve a table at an auction for tomorrow. going down into the 30's tomorrow.
EPC 2nd and coffee here.
Kicked you ass...now there's a surprise.  Thought you said it was all sandy soil.
Well, glad it's done and move on to the next fun project.
Tomorrow's News Today:  Whatever Dean did today kicked his ass and he hurts all over.  EPC 2nd and Coffee Going waiting on the Lady to show up and help with this pain.  Building a new Gazebo for the old woman next door today then off to play with the redhead.
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 14, 2017, 07:34:54 AM
Fuk'n Commies!

Lawmaker proposes making tacos official Texas dish, supplanting chili
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: Threebean on March 14, 2017, 07:51:15 AM
Fuk'n Commies!

Lawmaker proposes making tacos official Texas dish, supplanting chili
So adding the official dish debate to the stoopid bathroom issue?  Sheesh on the lot of them!
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: Threebean on March 14, 2017, 07:51:45 AM
Alright, better make like a baby and head out.  Adios, mofos.
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 14, 2017, 07:57:15 AM
Stella just a lot like other women....promises a lot and ends up being a lot of wind, soggy and dreary and major disappointment.
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 14, 2017, 07:57:36 AM
Alright, better make like a baby and head out.  Adios, mofos.
Drive safe Bean.
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 14, 2017, 07:58:50 AM
Fuk'n Commies!

Lawmaker proposes making tacos official Texas dish, supplanting chili
So adding the official dish debate to the stoopid bathroom issue?  Sheesh on the lot of them!
Serving the people's needs!
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 14, 2017, 08:04:55 AM
Fuk'n Commies!

Lawmaker proposes making tacos official Texas dish, supplanting chili
And all along I thought it was steak.
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 14, 2017, 08:16:58 AM
Stella just a lot like other women....promises a lot and ends up being a lot of wind, soggy and dreary and major disappointment.
I ain't going out yet to check but it looks like heavy wet snow and I don't believe we're even half way through it. Not looking forward to busting my back.
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 14, 2017, 08:17:50 AM
Good morning, guys.
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 14, 2017, 08:26:09 AM
Fuk'n Commies!

Lawmaker proposes making tacos official Texas dish, supplanting chili
And all along I thought it was steak.
Speaking of, today IS Steak and a BJ Day.
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 14, 2017, 08:28:37 AM
Fuk'n Commies!

Lawmaker proposes making tacos official Texas dish, supplanting chili
And all along I thought it was steak.
Speaking of, today IS Steak and a BJ Day.
Well lucky you. I don't remember either of those in my forecast.
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 14, 2017, 08:30:38 AM
Fuk'n Commies!

Lawmaker proposes making tacos official Texas dish, supplanting chili
And all along I thought it was steak.
Speaking of, today IS Steak and a BJ Day.
Well lucky you. I don't remember either of those in my forecast.
I didn't say I was getting either of them. Just pointing out a day of celebration. Lol
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 14, 2017, 08:31:18 AM
Stella just a lot like other women....promises a lot and ends up being a lot of wind, soggy and dreary and major disappointment.
I ain't going out yet to check but it looks like heavy wet snow and I don't believe we're even half way through it. Not looking forward to busting my back.
Kids are old enough, send them out with their little shovels.
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 14, 2017, 08:32:22 AM
Fuk'n Commies!

Lawmaker proposes making tacos official Texas dish, supplanting chili
And all along I thought it was steak.
Speaking of, today IS Steak and a BJ Day.
Well lucky you. I don't remember either of those in my forecast.
Join the crowd my friend.  I didn't even bother putting up the AVI this year.
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 14, 2017, 08:33:00 AM
Fuk'n Commies!

Lawmaker proposes making tacos official Texas dish, supplanting chili
And all along I thought it was steak.
Speaking of, today IS Steak and a BJ Day.
Well lucky you. I don't remember either of those in my forecast.
I didn't say I was getting either of them. Just pointing out a day of celebration. Lol
Nope, just another day of tease and disappointment.
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 14, 2017, 08:34:35 AM
Oh boy, Fireball flavored CAO's on the FU today.  Who needs a DoD?
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 14, 2017, 08:47:35 AM
Stella just a lot like other women....promises a lot and ends up being a lot of wind, soggy and dreary and major disappointment.
I ain't going out yet to check but it looks like heavy wet snow and I don't believe we're even half way through it. Not looking forward to busting my back.
Kids are old enough, send them out with their little shovels.
Or wait till tomorrow and it will be melted
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 14, 2017, 08:55:32 AM
Looks like OOPS! has turned into a Jam.
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: sfish on March 14, 2017, 09:02:25 AM
Good morning boys, biggest snowflakes I've even seen before and now some sort of freezing mix. Will have breakfast then think about making some bloodies
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: sfish on March 14, 2017, 09:05:50 AM
Oh boy, Fireball flavored CAO's on the FU today.  Who needs a DoD?
CigarKing has 40% off Crowned Heads boxes but nothing to get excited about
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 14, 2017, 09:08:29 AM
Looks like OOPS! has turned into a Jam.
TWSS
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 14, 2017, 09:10:49 AM
Stella just a lot like other women....promises a lot and ends up being a lot of wind, soggy and dreary and major disappointment.
I ain't going out yet to check but it looks like heavy wet snow and I don't believe we're even half way through it. Not looking forward to busting my back.
Just checked outside.  Packed down to 2-3" but heavy as hell.  Will need to get it up before it freezes at night or it will be there for weeks as temps are not going up a lot.
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 14, 2017, 09:12:10 AM
Good morning boys, biggest snowflakes I've even seen before and now some sort of freezing mix. Will have breakfast then think about making some bloodies
Now that sounds like a plan.
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 14, 2017, 09:16:07 AM
La Aroma de Cuba  Mi Amor Duque  Robusto  (5.2 x 56)
5/34.99

Delayed CI Jam
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 14, 2017, 09:55:00 AM
Stella just a lot like other women....promises a lot and ends up being a lot of wind, soggy and dreary and major disappointment.
I ain't going out yet to check but it looks like heavy wet snow and I don't believe we're even half way through it. Not looking forward to busting my back.
Just checked outside.  Packed down to 2-3" but heavy as hell.  Will need to get it up before it freezes at night or it will be there for weeks as temps are not going up a lot.
I'm hoping that's not what we have going on here. I refuse to look before noon.
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: sfish on March 14, 2017, 10:02:37 AM
Stella just a lot like other women....promises a lot and ends up being a lot of wind, soggy and dreary and major disappointment.
I ain't going out yet to check but it looks like heavy wet snow and I don't believe we're even half way through it. Not looking forward to busting my back.
Just checked outside.  Packed down to 2-3" but heavy as hell.  Will need to get it up before it freezes at night or it will be there for weeks as temps are not going up a lot.
Really? "Will need to get it up before it freezes at night or it will be there for weeks"
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: razgueado on March 14, 2017, 10:10:06 AM
Stella just a lot like other women....promises a lot and ends up being a lot of wind, soggy and dreary and major disappointment.
I ain't going out yet to check but it looks like heavy wet snow and I don't believe we're even half way through it. Not looking forward to busting my back.
Just checked outside.  Packed down to 2-3" but heavy as hell.  Will need to get it up before it freezes at night or it will be there for weeks as temps are not going up a lot.
Really? "Will need to get it up before it freezes at night or it will be there for weeks"
Call a doctor?

Morning, muchachos.
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 14, 2017, 10:39:30 AM
Stella just a lot like other women....promises a lot and ends up being a lot of wind, soggy and dreary and major disappointment.
I ain't going out yet to check but it looks like heavy wet snow and I don't believe we're even half way through it. Not looking forward to busting my back.
Just checked outside.  Packed down to 2-3" but heavy as hell.  Will need to get it up before it freezes at night or it will be there for weeks as temps are not going up a lot.
Really? "Will need to get it up before it freezes at night or it will be there for weeks"
Yup.  Not getting into the 40's until the weekend.  My property faces north so doesn't get a lot of sun melt.  As of yesterday, still had full coverage from the last snow.
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 14, 2017, 10:40:04 AM
Stella just a lot like other women....promises a lot and ends up being a lot of wind, soggy and dreary and major disappointment.
I ain't going out yet to check but it looks like heavy wet snow and I don't believe we're even half way through it. Not looking forward to busting my back.
Just checked outside.  Packed down to 2-3" but heavy as hell.  Will need to get it up before it freezes at night or it will be there for weeks as temps are not going up a lot.
Really? "Will need to get it up before it freezes at night or it will be there for weeks"
Call a doctor?

Morning, muchachos.
More than likely.
Morning Raz.
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 14, 2017, 10:42:49 AM
Jam sure is humming along.
Doubt that it has anything to do with the stellar first offer.
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: razgueado on March 14, 2017, 10:43:08 AM
Stella just a lot like other women....promises a lot and ends up being a lot of wind, soggy and dreary and major disappointment.
I ain't going out yet to check but it looks like heavy wet snow and I don't believe we're even half way through it. Not looking forward to busting my back.
Just checked outside.  Packed down to 2-3" but heavy as hell.  Will need to get it up before it freezes at night or it will be there for weeks as temps are not going up a lot.
Really? "Will need to get it up before it freezes at night or it will be there for weeks"
Call a doctor?

Morning, muchachos.
More than likely.
Morning Raz.
Morning TD.

Stepmom was sick last night, so my dad came over for dinner and cigars and discussion of the remodel project.

I cut the first check for the remodel this morning. Gulp. Here we go...
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 14, 2017, 10:48:56 AM
Jam sure is humming along.
Doubt that it has anything to do with the stellar first offer.
Only saw the two items and they were both very good cigars but the prices seem too high.
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 14, 2017, 10:50:50 AM
[...]

It's a slippery slope. I was supposed to use my severance money for a remodel too but things haven't worked out that way. Better find a job soon because there isn't much left.
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 14, 2017, 10:56:30 AM
DPG El Centurion Robusto  (5.7 x 50)
5/$27.50

La Aroma de Cuba  Mi Amor Duque  Robusto  (5.2 x 56)
5/34.99

Delayed CI Jam
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 14, 2017, 10:57:24 AM
[...]

Guess I missed it.  What's the remodel plan?
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: razgueado on March 14, 2017, 10:59:55 AM
[...]

All three bathrooms is the bulk of it. New carpeting in master bedroom and family room, refinish wood floors main level and new kitchen countertops.
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 14, 2017, 11:28:33 AM
Tatuaje El Triunfador  #4 Robusto  (5.0 x 48)
5/$27.50

DPG El Centurion Robusto  (5.7 x 50)
5/$27.50

La Aroma de Cuba  Mi Amor Duque  Robusto  (5.2 x 56)
5/34.99

Delayed CI Jam
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 14, 2017, 11:30:03 AM
[...]

Major one, good luck.  No shiplap, subway tiles or barn doors I'm guessing...
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: sfish on March 14, 2017, 11:41:00 AM
Nice:
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 14, 2017, 11:42:05 AM
Sitting on I 35 with the car in park.  Been 2 miles in the last 45 minutes.  Damn snowstorm!
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: razgueado on March 14, 2017, 11:43:36 AM
[...]

There was almost a barn door, but it wasn't enough cheaper than a pocket door to give up the wall space. Pocket door is connecting the upstairs bathroom to the 3/4 master bath so the two create a suite.

I have no idea what shiplap or subway tiles are.
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: razgueado on March 14, 2017, 11:44:43 AM
Nice:
Damn. They won't serve me one of those at work. All they gave us this morning was pie.
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: razgueado on March 14, 2017, 11:46:41 AM
Sitting on I 35 with the car in park.  Been 2 miles in the last 45 minutes.  Damn snowstorm!
The question is, what's so damned important it's worth going out for?
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 14, 2017, 11:55:28 AM
Nice:
Damn. They won't serve me one of those at work. All they gave us this morning was pie.
Just think of the motivation and morale...you should put it in the suggestion box.
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 14, 2017, 11:56:54 AM
Sitting on I 35 with the car in park.  Been 2 miles in the last 45 minutes.  Damn snowstorm!
The question is, what's so damned important it's worth going out for?
Free lunch
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: sfish on March 14, 2017, 12:05:38 PM
Sitting on I 35 with the car in park.  Been 2 miles in the last 45 minutes.  Damn snowstorm!
The question is, what's so damned important it's worth going out for?
Free lunch
Looks like there are 2 cheapy-cheapos in Texas
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: razgueado on March 14, 2017, 12:12:12 PM
Nice:
Damn. They won't serve me one of those at work. All they gave us this morning was pie.
Just think of the motivation and morale...you should put it in the suggestion box.
Suggestion box? What suggestion box?
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: razgueado on March 14, 2017, 12:12:47 PM
Sitting on I 35 with the car in park.  Been 2 miles in the last 45 minutes.  Damn snowstorm!
The question is, what's so damned important it's worth going out for?
Free lunch
Looks like there are 2 cheapy-cheapos in Texas
Was there ever fewer?
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 14, 2017, 12:13:14 PM
Sitting on I 35 with the car in park.  Been 2 miles in the last 45 minutes.  Damn snowstorm!
The question is, what's so damned important it's worth going out for?
Free lunch
Looks like there are 2 cheapy-cheapos in Texas
You're catching on.
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 14, 2017, 12:23:58 PM
Partagas Cifuentes Maduro  Toro  (6.0 x 54)
10/$37.50

Tatuaje El Triunfador  #4 Robusto  (5.0 x 48)
5/$27.50

DPG El Centurion Robusto  (5.7 x 50)
5/$27.50

La Aroma de Cuba  Mi Amor Duque  Robusto  (5.2 x 56)
5/34.99

Delayed CI Jam
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: sfish on March 14, 2017, 12:39:49 PM
Good news for the aging of the Sobremesas mashing lately:

http://halfwheel.com/sobremesa-short-churchill-2/144083
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on March 14, 2017, 12:47:20 PM
good morning guys. fence kicked my ass yesterday. 2 post holes had a rock the size of a VW bug. would have been done by noon but did't finish until 5. damn rainy day and the gnats came out around 4 and bit the crap out of me. heading to pick up a buddy so he can reserve a table at an auction for tomorrow. going down into the 30's tomorrow.
EPC 2nd and coffee here.
Kicked you ass...now there's a surprise.  Thought you said it was all sandy soil.
Well, glad it's done and move on to the next fun project.
Tomorrow's News Today:  Whatever Dean did today kicked his ass and he hurts all over.  EPC 2nd and Coffee Going waiting on the Lady to show up and help with this pain.  Building a new Gazebo for the old woman next door today then off to play with the redhead.
close.
golf day tomorrow BUT it'll be too cold for the other 3 so I will yank the carpet out of the master bath and start the tile floor. lady coming tomorrow night and I think she's staying until Monday. redhead wants to visit, just don't know when to fit her in this month.
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 14, 2017, 12:49:01 PM
[...]
Hope you've got some steaks set aside for dinner. Afternoon, Dean.
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: razgueado on March 14, 2017, 12:50:51 PM
Sitting on I 35 with the car in park.  Been 2 miles in the last 45 minutes.  Damn snowstorm!
The question is, what's so damned important it's worth going out for?
Free lunch
Parking on the freeway sounds like an expensive free lunch.
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 14, 2017, 12:52:24 PM
Good news for the aging of the Sobremesas mashing lately:

http://halfwheel.com/sobremesa-short-churchill-2/144083
Unfortunately 0% discount at Atlantic... :(
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 14, 2017, 12:53:34 PM
Good news for the aging of the Sobremesas mashing lately:

http://halfwheel.com/sobremesa-short-churchill-2/144083
Elegante en Cedros is also a fine vitola.
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: sfish on March 14, 2017, 12:53:35 PM
good morning guys. fence kicked my ass yesterday. 2 post holes had a rock the size of a VW bug. would have been done by noon but did't finish until 5. damn rainy day and the gnats came out around 4 and bit the crap out of me. heading to pick up a buddy so he can reserve a table at an auction for tomorrow. going down into the 30's tomorrow.
EPC 2nd and coffee here.
Kicked you ass...now there's a surprise.  Thought you said it was all sandy soil.
Well, glad it's done and move on to the next fun project.
Tomorrow's News Today:  Whatever Dean did today kicked his ass and he hurts all over.  EPC 2nd and Coffee Going waiting on the Lady to show up and help with this pain.  Building a new Gazebo for the old woman next door today then off to play with the redhead.
close.
golf day tomorrow BUT it'll be too cold for the other 3 so I will yank the carpet out of the master bath and start the tile floor. lady coming tomorrow night and I think she's staying until Monday. redhead wants to visit, just don't know when to I'll fit it in her this month.
Fixed it for you
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on March 14, 2017, 12:56:43 PM
[...]

look.
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 14, 2017, 12:58:23 PM
[...]
Keep that calendar up to date!
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on March 14, 2017, 12:59:06 PM
[...]
steaks, stuffed thick cut pork chops, hot Italian sausage, mushroom swiss burgers, and hot dogs galore.
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 14, 2017, 12:59:48 PM
[...]
And I though he was tired from the fence work... :o
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 14, 2017, 01:00:42 PM
[...]
Explain to me again how this relationship has cooled off?
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: razgueado on March 14, 2017, 01:02:58 PM
[...]

Gotcha. No, no shiplap. Regular ceramic tile going in the bathrooms.
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 14, 2017, 01:05:22 PM
[...]

You can do a better shiplap than that...
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 14, 2017, 01:07:18 PM
[...]

Shiplap is more often used in bedrooms and living areas over bathrooms and kitchens.  Subway tile now the big thing in kitchens and bathrooms.
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 14, 2017, 01:11:45 PM
Time to get out and start moving some of this white shit.
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 14, 2017, 01:21:55 PM
Time to get out and start moving some of this white shit.
If you don't hear from me, Fishy and the Mayor know where I live, they can divide up the cigars.
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: razgueado on March 14, 2017, 01:29:19 PM
[...]

I found out quickly that doing "the big things" busted my budget quickly. So I'm doing boring things. That's been the test throughout. People would say "You should..." and I would scratch that. When they said, "Well that's boring..." I knew I had a winner.
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: sfish on March 14, 2017, 02:02:39 PM
Time to get out and start moving some of this white shit.
If you don't hear from me, Fishy and the Mayor know where I live, they can divide up the cigars.
I'm heading out shortly, looks heavy from the couch
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on March 14, 2017, 03:03:11 PM
Time to get out and start moving some of this white shit.
If you don't hear from me, Fishy and the Mayor know where I live, they can divide up the cigars.
I'm heading out shortly, looks heavy from the couch
Looking heavy on the couch.
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 14, 2017, 03:13:44 PM
About time to head out of here, see about getting some steaks on the way home. Hope Tex isn't still waiting on the highway for a "free" lunch. Hazzuh!
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on March 14, 2017, 03:15:31 PM
About time to head out of here, see about getting some steaks on the way home. Hope Tex isn't still waiting on the highway for a "free" lunch. Hazzuh!
Huzzah!
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: sfish on March 14, 2017, 03:15:42 PM
About time to head out of here, see about getting some steaks on the way home. Hope Tex isn't still waiting on the highway for a "free" lunch. Hazzuh!
Good luck with the other half of the steak and BJ day!
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 14, 2017, 03:22:04 PM
About time to head out of here, see about getting some steaks on the way home. Hope Tex isn't still waiting on the highway for a "free" lunch. Hazzuh!
Good luck with the other half of the steak and BJ day!
(http://i.imgur.com/3I0NJ5I.gif)
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on March 14, 2017, 03:22:13 PM
About time to head out of here, see about getting some steaks on the way home. Hope Tex isn't still waiting on the highway for a "free" lunch. Hazzuh!
Good luck with the other half of the steak and BJ day!
Good steak is hard to come by.
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: bluecollar on March 14, 2017, 03:31:43 PM
Everything is closed around here or soon to be for their own safety. Hope you are all safe were the weather is crappy.
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: Threebean on March 14, 2017, 04:25:53 PM
[...]

You know what you're missing from this plan...crown molding!
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 14, 2017, 04:29:41 PM
Snowblower performed OK....damn choke keeps on slipping and the damn thing stalls out.  How could they make manifold cover next to the carburetor where it will melt?  Shoveling the damn stuff is a bear....shovel full must weigh about 25 lbs with all the water in it....extra tylenol taken.
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: Threebean on March 14, 2017, 04:29:41 PM
Afternoon ShovelingDave, I35Dave, CouchPotatoFish, ShutdownRick, and SteaklessCB.
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 14, 2017, 04:30:19 PM
[...]

Thought that goes without saying...
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: Threebean on March 14, 2017, 04:44:33 PM
Surprised it took this long.  http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/31649/ (http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/31649/)
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on March 14, 2017, 05:32:28 PM
Surprised it took this long.  http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/31649/ (http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/31649/)
Gender-neutral?  SHEESH!
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on March 14, 2017, 05:32:52 PM
Afternoon ShovelingDave, I35Dave, CouchPotatoFish, ShutdownRick, and SteaklessCB.
…and clueless.
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: sfish on March 14, 2017, 05:54:01 PM
Afternoon ShovelingDave, I35Dave, CouchPotatoFish, ShutdownRick, and SteaklessCB.
GFY! Just got done shovelling, snow was very heavy. I managed a Travailleur (howeverthefuck you spell 'em) during the process in the garage
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: sfish on March 14, 2017, 05:55:59 PM
Wow!:

https://www.cigarauctioneer.com/tatuaje-krueger-2016-dress-box-cigars/item-59610?auctionnum=1865230
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on March 14, 2017, 06:11:03 PM
Wow!:

https://www.cigarauctioneer.com/tatuaje-krueger-2016-dress-box-cigars/item-59610?auctionnum=1865230 (https://www.cigarauctioneer.com/tatuaje-krueger-2016-dress-box-cigars/item-59610?auctionnum=1865230)
Wonder how cBid wound up with it?
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: sfish on March 14, 2017, 06:45:15 PM
Wow!:

https://www.cigarauctioneer.com/tatuaje-krueger-2016-dress-box-cigars/item-59610?auctionnum=1865230 (https://www.cigarauctioneer.com/tatuaje-krueger-2016-dress-box-cigars/item-59610?auctionnum=1865230)
Wonder how cBid wound up with it?
It's actually Famous' bid site but I hear ya, odd auction
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 14, 2017, 07:27:42 PM
Afternoon ShovelingDave, I35Dave, CouchPotatoFish, ShutdownRick, and SteaklessCB.
GFY! Just got done shovelling, snow was very heavy. I managed a Travailleur (howeverthefuck you spell 'em) during the process in the garage
Now wait, let me find the sympathy card.....ah....never mind.
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: razgueado on March 14, 2017, 08:28:16 PM
[...]

Having it professionally installed.

Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 14, 2017, 08:52:45 PM
Well that sucked. The good news is that I'm done with the shoveling. The bad news is that I didn't have that heart attack I was counting on.
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 14, 2017, 08:55:32 PM

About time to head out of here, see about getting some steaks on the way home. Hope Tex isn't still waiting on the highway for a "free" lunch. Hazzuh!
Good luck with the other half of the steak and BJ day!
Good steak is hard to come by.

Heck, even a bad BJ seems impossible to come by.
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: Threebean on March 14, 2017, 08:56:54 PM
[...]

Good plan.
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: Threebean on March 14, 2017, 08:58:48 PM

About time to head out of here, see about getting some steaks on the way home. Hope Tex isn't still waiting on the highway for a "free" lunch. Hazzuh!
Good luck with the other half of the steak and BJ day!
Good steak is hard to come by.

Heck, even a bad BJ seems impossible to come by.
There is such a thing?
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: razgueado on March 14, 2017, 09:01:06 PM

About time to head out of here, see about getting some steaks on the way home. Hope Tex isn't still waiting on the highway for a "free" lunch. Hazzuh!
Good luck with the other half of the steak and BJ day!
Good steak is hard to come by.

Heck, even a bad BJ seems impossible to come by.
There is such a thing?
Yes, there is.
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: Threebean on March 14, 2017, 09:02:41 PM

About time to head out of here, see about getting some steaks on the way home. Hope Tex isn't still waiting on the highway for a "free" lunch. Hazzuh!
Good luck with the other half of the steak and BJ day!
Good steak is hard to come by.

Heck, even a bad BJ seems impossible to come by.
There is such a thing?
Yes, there is.
Too much teeth?
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: razgueado on March 14, 2017, 09:02:58 PM

About time to head out of here, see about getting some steaks on the way home. Hope Tex isn't still waiting on the highway for a "free" lunch. Hazzuh!
Good luck with the other half of the steak and BJ day!
Good steak is hard to come by.

Heck, even a bad BJ seems impossible to come by.
There is such a thing?
Yes, there is.
Too much teeth?
Zackly.
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 14, 2017, 09:05:57 PM

About time to head out of here, see about getting some steaks on the way home. Hope Tex isn't still waiting on the highway for a "free" lunch. Hazzuh!
Good luck with the other half of the steak and BJ day!
Good steak is hard to come by.

Heck, even a bad BJ seems impossible to come by.
There is such a thing?
You're asking the wrong guy.
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 14, 2017, 09:06:49 PM

About time to head out of here, see about getting some steaks on the way home. Hope Tex isn't still waiting on the highway for a "free" lunch. Hazzuh!
Good luck with the other half of the steak and BJ day!
Good steak is hard to come by.

Heck, even a bad BJ seems impossible to come by.
There is such a thing?
Yes, there is.
There ya have it... An expert.
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: razgueado on March 14, 2017, 09:11:37 PM

About time to head out of here, see about getting some steaks on the way home. Hope Tex isn't still waiting on the highway for a "free" lunch. Hazzuh!
Good luck with the other half of the steak and BJ day!
Good steak is hard to come by.

Heck, even a bad BJ seems impossible to come by.
There is such a thing?
Yes, there is.
There ya have it... An expert.
Compared to you?
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: Threebean on March 14, 2017, 09:13:12 PM

About time to head out of here, see about getting some steaks on the way home. Hope Tex isn't still waiting on the highway for a "free" lunch. Hazzuh!
Good luck with the other half of the steak and BJ day!
Good steak is hard to come by.

Heck, even a bad BJ seems impossible to come by.
There is such a thing?
Yes, there is.
There ya have it... An expert.
We could check with Dean, but something tells me the teeth thing may not be an issue in his case.
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 14, 2017, 09:27:42 PM

About time to head out of here, see about getting some steaks on the way home. Hope Tex isn't still waiting on the highway for a "free" lunch. Hazzuh!
Good luck with the other half of the steak and BJ day!
Good steak is hard to come by.

Heck, even a bad BJ seems impossible to come by.
There is such a thing?
Yes, there is.
There ya have it... An expert.
Compared to you?
I'm not even an amateur.
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 14, 2017, 09:30:57 PM

About time to head out of here, see about getting some steaks on the way home. Hope Tex isn't still waiting on the highway for a "free" lunch. Hazzuh!
Good luck with the other half of the steak and BJ day!
Good steak is hard to come by.

Heck, even a bad BJ seems impossible to come by.
There is such a thing?
Yes, there is.
There ya have it... An expert.
We could check with Dean, but something tells me the teeth thing may not be an issue in his case.
I was once propositioned by a woman who took out her teeth and promised it would be an experience I would never forget. I didn't take her up on it since it would have been weird with her son right there.
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: razgueado on March 14, 2017, 09:34:38 PM

About time to head out of here, see about getting some steaks on the way home. Hope Tex isn't still waiting on the highway for a "free" lunch. Hazzuh!
Good luck with the other half of the steak and BJ day!
Good steak is hard to come by.

Heck, even a bad BJ seems impossible to come by.
There is such a thing?
Yes, there is.
There ya have it... An expert.
We could check with Dean, but something tells me the teeth thing may not be an issue in his case.
I was once propositioned by a woman who took out her teeth and promised it would be an experience I would never forget. I didn't take her up on it since it would have been weird with her son right there.
I'm really sorry you told that story.

I'm not sure whether that's worse than the fat Mexican guy who propositioned me.
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 14, 2017, 10:53:58 PM

About time to head out of here, see about getting some steaks on the way home. Hope Tex isn't still waiting on the highway for a "free" lunch. Hazzuh!
Good luck with the other half of the steak and BJ day!
Good steak is hard to come by.

Heck, even a bad BJ seems impossible to come by.
There is such a thing?
Yes, there is.
There ya have it... An expert.
We could check with Dean, but something tells me the teeth thing may not be an issue in his case.
I was once propositioned by a woman who took out her teeth and promised it would be an experience I would never forget. I didn't take her up on it since it would have been weird with her son right there.
Why did I come in from a fine steak dinner and a pleasant night of drinking then decide to look at the banter and read this????    SHEESH!
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 14, 2017, 11:06:10 PM

About time to head out of here, see about getting some steaks on the way home. Hope Tex isn't still waiting on the highway for a "free" lunch. Hazzuh!
Good luck with the other half of the steak and BJ day!
Good steak is hard to come by.

Heck, even a bad BJ seems impossible to come by.
There is such a thing?
Yes, there is.
There ya have it... An expert.
We could check with Dean, but something tells me the teeth thing may not be an issue in his case.
Exactly what I was thinking.
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 14, 2017, 11:07:26 PM
Only positive with this page is that it will soon reset.
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: Threebean on March 14, 2017, 11:09:46 PM

About time to head out of here, see about getting some steaks on the way home. Hope Tex isn't still waiting on the highway for a "free" lunch. Hazzuh!
Good luck with the other half of the steak and BJ day!
Good steak is hard to come by.

Heck, even a bad BJ seems impossible to come by.
There is such a thing?
Yes, there is.
There ya have it... An expert.
We could check with Dean, but something tells me the teeth thing may not be an issue in his case.
I was once propositioned by a woman who took out her teeth and promised it would be an experience I would never forget. I didn't take her up on it since it would have been weird with her son right there.
Why did I come in from a fine steak dinner and a pleasant night of drinking then decide to look at the banter and read this????    SHEESH!
What, gay fat toothless Mexican guys not your thing?
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: razgueado on March 14, 2017, 11:11:14 PM

[...]

Nope.
Title: Re: 3/14/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 14, 2017, 11:12:29 PM

About time to head out of here, see about getting some steaks on the way home. Hope Tex isn't still waiting on the highway for a "free" lunch. Hazzuh!
Good luck with the other half of the steak and BJ day!
Good steak is hard to come by.

Heck, even a bad BJ seems impossible to come by.
There is such a thing?
Yes, there is.
There ya have it... An expert.
We could check with Dean, but something tells me the teeth thing may not be an issue in his case.
I was once propositioned by a woman who took out her teeth and promised it would be an experience I would never forget. I didn't take her up on it since it would have been weird with her son right there.
Why did I come in from a fine steak dinner and a pleasant night of drinking then decide to look at the banter and read this????    SHEESH!
Hahaha. My work here is done.