Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Time for a MOW Immortal and a Palmetto Ale.  Later.
Nice. No smokes for me today. Took the family for a little weekend getaway in the Poconos. With the wind it was -26° so we'll skip the snow tubing for today.
TWSS - the snow "tubing" that is.
Tube steaking?
The Polar Bear Club...

Sorry for being absent the last several days but it's been a crazy time here.
We did finally get my mom home from the hospital and we are trying to make her as comfortable as we can. On top of my mothers issues, we had to rush my daughter to the same hospital my mother just left only 16 or so hours earlier. She has had stomach problems since Thanksgiving and after many many tests they discovered she had a collapsed colon and several blockages, they have diagnosed her as having Crohn's disease for many years undetected and there is a lot of damage. She will have a 3-5 hour procedure this morning removing many sections of damaged intestine, both small and large but she will have two very good surgeons performing the surgery so we are hopeful.  The poor girl is almost as afraid of the anestesia as she is of knowing she will be stuck with a colostomy bag for a couple of months.
Please keep our family in your prayers for awhile.
I am sorry to keep bringing the banter down with all the bad news but hopefully we will soon have some good news to share.
Thanks for thinking of me.
Chip
No apologies needed Chip.  Just glad you're able to help out your family when they need you the most.  The banter is always here when you need some name calling and insults to lighten your day.  We're here for you and yours.
Indeed. Evening Mikey.
Evening Coping Saw Mark.
WaterSoftenerMark today. Though any chore is preferable to cabinet crown molding.

[...]
Did you see SLY's comment? Pretty funny.

[...]
Indeed.

Sitting here stoking the fire. No really, I'm not using a euphemism.

Sitting here stoking the fire. No really, I'm not using a euphemism.
Is that euphemism some kinda marital aid?

[...]
Yes. That's from an actual post of mine last night while I was shopping for a replacement softener.  I wasn't trying to be funny, but I guess it was.

[...]
I knew it was from your post, but it was the manner in which SLY posted it. Like a book or movie review.

[...]
That wacky SLY.  Sucha kidder.
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon

Good evening folks...  I'm just lurking a little and checking to see if there were any updates on how Chips daughter is doing...?
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon

Sitting here stoking the fire. No really, I'm not using a euphemism.
It's 18 degrees here tonight, so I wish I had a fire too....!  Oh, and a fireplace to put it into too...!

Sitting here stoking the fire. No really, I'm not using a euphemism.
It's 18 degrees here tonight, so I wish I had a fire too....!  Oh, and a fireplace to put it into too...!
Kinda hard on the woodwork without a fireplace.  Just sayin'...
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon

had a nice old lady stop by for coffee. she gave me a Gurkha Seduction. fat shaggy foot thing. said she needed a break from her 3 granddaughters visiting from up north. she says she loves my name. her deceased husband of 40 some years was Dean also. uh oh.
Do you have a, "Now Serving Coffee," sign in your front yard...?  haha
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon

Sitting here stoking the fire. No really, I'm not using a euphemism.
It's 18 degrees here tonight, so I wish I had a fire too....!  Oh, and a fireplace to put it into too...!
Kinda hard on the woodwork without a fireplace.  Just sayin'...
If I want that winter fireplace heat, I have to place a space heater at the end of the coffee table, and toss a blanket over the coffee table at the other end, and onto me.  That way the heat blows under the coffee table and into the blanket I'm under.  I guess it's easier to do than explain.. ugh..  :o

Sitting here stoking the fire. No really, I'm not using a euphemism.
It's 18 degrees here tonight, so I wish I had a fire too....!  Oh, and a fireplace to put it into too...!
Kinda hard on the woodwork without a fireplace.  Just sayin'...
If I want that winter fireplace heat, I have to place a space heater at the end of the coffee table, and toss a blanket over the coffee table at the other end, and onto me.  That way the heat blows under the coffee table and into the blanket I'm under.  I guess it's easier to do than explain.. ugh..  :o
As the little woman would say "toasty warm".
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6