CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: 2/13/2016  (Read 11434 times)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
Re: 2/13/2016
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2016, 11:26:52 AM »

Raspberry Thumbprint Cookie offerings up on CPage for Mr. Mayor today.
I saw it but couldn't figure out if that was a good price.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2016, 11:28:46 AM »

had a nice old lady stop by for coffee. she gave me a Gurkha Seduction. fat shaggy foot thing. said she needed a break from her 3 granddaughters visiting from up north. she says she loves my name. her deceased husband of 40 some years was Dean also. uh oh.
You old dog, you.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2016, 11:30:47 AM »

In other news, the insurance company has demanded a full inventory of my cigars before they will issue a specific insurance rider for them.

http://cigargeeks.com/humidor/default.asp?action=humidor&member=Dalek for the interested
Just make sure they don't try to charge you with intentionally burning your property. ;)

I checked on that - they're listed as "collectible consumables" - therefore, as long as I record consumption, I should be fine.
Definitely something you want to insure at that quantity.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2016, 11:31:11 AM »

Morning gents.  Lots of happening since I last showed my virtual face - new house, new life, getting married in September...

wait, what?
She needs a green card? Hahaha. Good for you, Kirpal. Hope she doesn't mind a little cigar smoke.

Dalek

• Newbie Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2016, 11:42:24 AM »

Morning gents.  Lots of happening since I last showed my virtual face - new house, new life, getting married in September...

wait, what?
She needs a green card? Hahaha. Good for you, Kirpal. Hope she doesn't mind a little cigar smoke.

If you look on Facebook, you can find the announcement.  And she doesn't mind at all as long as I keep it outside.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2016, 11:48:04 AM »

wait, what?

If you look on Facebook, you can find the announcement.  And she doesn't mind at all as long as I keep it outside.
Seriously brother, congrats. I'll have to take your word for it since I'm not on Facebook.

Are you taking her to CigarFest this year?

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2016, 11:52:18 AM »

wait, what?

Seriously brother, congrats. I'll have to take your word for it since I'm not on Facebook.

He's getting married, he's not allowed to go to CF anymore.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2016, 12:05:09 PM »

wait, what?

I wanted to hear it from him.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2016, 12:11:33 PM »

wait, what?

I wanted to hear it from him.
Lol, fair enough.

Dalek

• Newbie Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2016, 12:31:00 PM »

And as for "not being allowed to go to CF" - She suggested that, since I had already put forward the opinion that CF has become too crowded, I should instead go with a friend who own a cigar shop to ICPCR in Vegas for my bachelor party.

I think I like that plan.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2016, 12:42:05 PM »

And as for "not being allowed to go to CF" - She suggested that, since I had already put forward the opinion that CF has become too crowded, I should instead go with a friend who own a cigar shop to ICPCR in Vegas for my bachelor party.

I like that plan too. But I expect detailed reviews of all the new cigars. Exclusive on cigarbanter.com. Who knows? Maybe that section will be available by then.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2016, 12:46:24 PM »

Sounds like a good plan to me. We're skipping the fest this year, but still going for the other activities and using the $160 on food, booze and cigars that won't leave us wanting to leave 30% of for the troops.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2016, 12:46:35 PM »

I like that plan too. But I expect detailed reviews of all the new cigars. Exclusive on cigarbanter.com. Who knows? Maybe that section will be available by then.
Coming soon, in June 2018!

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2016, 12:47:31 PM »

Alright, that's all for me. Heading down to Columbus with the family tomorrow and staying the night, so I get to pretend I have the gov't holiday off. Back on Wednesday. Hazzuh!

SLY

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2016, 02:59:37 PM »

Sorry for being absent the last several days but it's been a crazy time here. 
We did finally get my mom home from the hospital and we are trying to make her as comfortable as we can. On top of my mothers issues, we had to rush my daughter to the same hospital my mother just left only 16 or so hours earlier. She has had stomach problems since Thanksgiving and after many many tests they discovered she had a collapsed colon and several blockages, they have diagnosed her as having Crohn's disease for many years undetected and there is a lot of damage. She will have a 3-5 hour procedure this morning removing many sections of damaged intestine, both small and large but she will have two very good surgeons performing the surgery so we are hopeful.  The poor girl is almost as afraid of the anestesia as she is of knowing she will be stuck with a colostomy bag for a couple of months.
Please keep our family in your prayers for awhile. 
I am sorry to keep bringing the banter down with all the bad news but hopefully we will soon have some good news to share. 
Thanks for thinking of me. 
Chip
Glad your Mom is back home, Chip, but very sorry to hear about your daughter. Will be praying for her ... what's her first name and about how old is she (approximate 20's, 30's, 40's?)
Will put her by name on my church's prayer list.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6