CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 26

Author Topic: 6/16/2014  (Read 72130 times)

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
Re: 6/16/2014
« Reply #300 on: June 16, 2014, 05:49:33 PM »

If only the $40 coupon wasn't expired.... ;)

Think I'll just pair it with a mash item to get it to $50. Use $10 off cpn and get the humi, a 5pk and free shipping. All in for $40.
Smart man, giving you an honorary Doctorate!
Uh, it's still letting me add the dad40 discount.   I haven't actually completed checkout, but it does let me add the code.
I'm sure you could call them and ask to remove the code.  If it still works though, enjoy!
Phew!  I'd caved, I was gonna buy another Tat Black CG jar since the code still worked and I was taking it as a 'sign'.  They're sold out.  That was close.
Yeah, that was my first thought today when I "found" the extra money.  Nope.
And I talked myself out of backordering the NR's and getting the coffin because I really don't want the coffin and I can get the NR's for less on CAYP.  I'm leaning toward ordering some Habanos.

For what it's worth, you can't use Paypal for the ISOKWs.  I realize it's simple to just buy them and transfer the money but it's not quite the same when you have to "see" the $50. 

BTW - how'd the wedding go?
Yes, aware of that, but it's less of an issue for me. 

The wedding went well, thanks for asking.  Strange to be the officiant for one's father, but the ceremony earned a lot of nice compliments from the crowd.  So I think I did okay.
Not really an 'issue' here either, just sayin'.  Some people (OyDave) don't have a VISA card to make the purchase.

And the song for your sister?  Go well?  No missed chords or forgotten words?

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #301 on: June 16, 2014, 05:51:23 PM »

Into my 3rd inch of the LX2 and I'm not at all impressed.  It ain't bad but it ain't good either.  I've had this stick  resting for probably over a year.  The draw and burn are quite good and the wrapper is impressive looking but that's where the positive points end.  It has more of a charcoal and leather flavor which is not my preferred profile.  It has a stale aftertaste.  It's very one dimensional.
A 1-D cigar in a 3-D world.  Most of those "older" CAOs are like that for me.  Look better than they smoke. 

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #302 on: June 16, 2014, 05:53:57 PM »

Afternoon Gents.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #303 on: June 16, 2014, 05:54:44 PM »

If only the $40 coupon wasn't expired.... ;)

Think I'll just pair it with a mash item to get it to $50. Use $10 off cpn and get the humi, a 5pk and free shipping. All in for $40.
Smart man, giving you an honorary Doctorate!
Uh, it's still letting me add the dad40 discount.   I haven't actually completed checkout, but it does let me add the code.
I'm sure you could call them and ask to remove the code.  If it still works though, enjoy!
Phew!  I'd caved, I was gonna buy another Tat Black CG jar since the code still worked and I was taking it as a 'sign'.  They're sold out.  That was close.
Yeah, that was my first thought today when I "found" the extra money.  Nope.
And I talked myself out of backordering the NR's and getting the coffin because I really don't want the coffin and I can get the NR's for less on CAYP.  I'm leaning toward ordering some Habanos.

For what it's worth, you can't use Paypal for the ISOKWs.  I realize it's simple to just buy them and transfer the money but it's not quite the same when you have to "see" the $50. 

BTW - how'd the wedding go?
Yes, aware of that, but it's less of an issue for me. 

The wedding went well, thanks for asking.  Strange to be the officiant for one's father, but the ceremony earned a lot of nice compliments from the crowd.  So I think I did okay.
Not really an 'issue' here either, just sayin'.  Some people (OyDave) don't have a VISA card to make the purchase.

And the song for your sister?  Go well?  No missed chords or forgotten words?
The Visa card I got...and the scar-tissue image of it that's repeatedly burned into my left buttock.  :o

The song went well.  Didn't blow the lyrics, blew a couple of riffs, but nobody noticed.  She was in tears from the first backbeat.  Call it a win.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #304 on: June 16, 2014, 05:58:02 PM »

Well, I'm checking out for now. Busy day, hopefully will be the opposite tomorrow.  Have a great evening, all.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #305 on: June 16, 2014, 06:00:27 PM »

Well, I'm checking out for now. Busy day, hopefully will be the opposite tomorrow.  Have a great evening, all.
Seeya tomorrow, Joe.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #306 on: June 16, 2014, 06:02:52 PM »

Have a good one Joe.
Any summer hockey?

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #307 on: June 16, 2014, 06:05:34 PM »

Have a good one Joe.
Any summer hockey?

You make it down here Dave?

Sooner Jeff

• Founding Member
  • Junior Status
  • Boomer Sooner!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #308 on: June 16, 2014, 06:21:16 PM »

As  teenager growing up in Poway,CA playing baseball..I was thrilled to hear in 1982, Tony Gwynn and his family had built a house just up the street from my family's. He quickly became the face of the San Diego Padres and was one of the best hitters of all-time. If he was outside while I was coming or going...I always got a friendly wave and sometimes we chatted. He along with his son, Anthony and daughter, Anisha would always come by every Halloween...and I made sure I was home. He would come in and chat with us for a bit. All I can say is we all know what a great player he was...but he was even a better person and embraced the fans. I was a left-handed pitcher in my day and my favorite number was #19. My parents had California plates that had "Lefty 19" on them. When I sold my truck and playing days over and my parents moved away, I took my plates off and notified the Gwynn's my plates were available. I believe at the time..Tony put them on the Escalade they had. Today..I am obviously very saddened by the passing of Tony Gwynn. Brought me back today to my youth and just what a complete class act he was. Baseball and the world lost a huge star today. I will always treasure the times I had to talk to him. He passed away at the same hospital Dylan was born in. RIP Tony Gwynn!!!!

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #309 on: June 16, 2014, 06:23:44 PM »

Have a good one Joe.
Any summer hockey?

You make it down here Dave?
I am here and settled in.  Getting ready to meet up with an associate for dinner.  Hoping to get together with Dave and you somewhere up here in the northern environs possibly on Thursday.

dwgbryant

« Reply #310 on: June 16, 2014, 06:23:54 PM »

hey, are we able to post video on here yet?

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #311 on: June 16, 2014, 06:26:36 PM »

Have a good one Joe.
Any summer hockey?
Last lesson for Round 3 is tomorrow, we'll see if he passed.  If so, then yes we'll sign up for Tot Hockey since it fits nicely with our current schedule.  If not, we'll see.  May have to sit a session out, especially since his school starts mid August.  Gotta see what that major adjustment to our lives will do to our time.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #312 on: June 16, 2014, 06:27:52 PM »

As  teenager growing up in Poway,CA playing baseball..I was thrilled to hear in 1982, Tony Gwynn and his family had built a house just up the street from my family's. He quickly became the face of the San Diego Padres and was one of the best hitters of all-time. If he was outside while I was coming or going...I always got a friendly wave and sometimes we chatted. He along with his son, Anthony and daughter, Anisha would always come by every Halloween...and I made sure I was home. He would come in and chat with us for a bit. All I can say is we all know what a great player he was...but he was even a better person and embraced the fans. I was a left-handed pitcher in my day and my favorite number was #19. My parents had California plates that had "Lefty 19" on them. When I sold my truck and playing days over and my parents moved away, I took my plates off and notified the Gwynn's my plates were available. I believe at the time..Tony put them on the Escalade they had. Today..I am obviously very saddened by the passing of Tony Gwynn. Brought me back today to my youth and just what a complete class act he was. Baseball and the world lost a huge star today. I will always treasure the times I had to talk to him. He passed away at the same hospital Dylan was born in. RIP Tony Gwynn!!!!

Wonderful story thanks for sharing.  I only knew of him as a great baseball player and a seemingly nice one so glad to hear it first hand. 

dwgbryant

« Reply #313 on: June 16, 2014, 06:28:30 PM »

nice memmories Jeff, that's what it's all about.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #314 on: June 16, 2014, 06:29:46 PM »

Here, here!
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 26