Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

@LuvTooGolf - How's your daughter feeling this morning?
Not well, threw up last night at least once. Which isn't saying much, cause she's an easy puker. Stayed home from school, we'll see how she feels tonight.
That sucks. I feel terrible for her. Hopefully it's a 24-hour thing and she doesn't miss the show.

Maybe it was something she ate at the Browns game?

Looks like I'll be working remotely all week. Happy that's an option.

@LuvTooGolf - How's your daughter feeling this morning?
Not well, threw up last night at least once. Which isn't saying much, cause she's an easy puker. Stayed home from school, we'll see how she feels tonight.
That sucks. I feel terrible for her. Hopefully it's a 24-hour thing and she doesn't miss the show.

Maybe it was something she ate at the Browns game?
That's certainly possible, but I don't remember her eating anything someone else didn't also eat, and we're all fine. She says a couple friends at school have been sick, that might've been it as well. I guess we'll see.

Looks like I'll be working remotely all week. Happy that's an option.
All the cool kids are doing it.

Looks like I'll be working remotely all week. Happy that's an option.
All the cool kids are doing it.
I already have to take 7 unpaid days starting on Friday. I want to at least work these four days.

Looks like I'll be working remotely all week. Happy that's an option.
All the cool kids are doing it.
I already have to take 7 unpaid days starting on Friday. I want to at least work these four days.
Ouch.

Looks like I'll be working remotely all week. Happy that's an option.
All the cool kids are doing it.
I already have to take 7 unpaid days starting on Friday. I want to at least work these four days.
Ouch.
Yeah, no OT opportunities here.

Looks like I'll be working remotely all week. Happy that's an option.
All the cool kids are doing it.
I already have to take 7 unpaid days starting on Friday. I want to at least work these four days.
Ouch.
Yeah, no OT opportunities here.
On the other hand, my OT the last 3 weeks will also earn me a $200 Amazon gift card. ;)

Looks like I'll be working remotely all week. Happy that's an option.
All the cool kids are doing it.
I already have to take 7 unpaid days starting on Friday. I want to at least work these four days.
Ouch.
Yeah, no OT opportunities here.
On the other hand, my OT the last 3 weeks will also earn me a $200 Amazon gift card. ;)
That's very cool. Perfect for Christmas shopping.

Does Amazon sell cigars?

Looks like I'll be working remotely all week. Happy that's an option.
All the cool kids are doing it.
I already have to take 7 unpaid days starting on Friday. I want to at least work these four days.
Ouch.
Yeah, no OT opportunities here.
On the other hand, my OT the last 3 weeks will also earn me a $200 Amazon gift card. ;)
That's very cool. Perfect for Christmas shopping.

Does Amazon sell cigars?
We all actually kinda laughed, because the one manager who sent out the email about the gift card (who none of us care for) said this would be perfect for holiday shopping, even though we won't get the gift card until right before NYE. So the joke was that we would have to be shopping for either President's Day or MLK Jr Day.

They definitely SHOULD sell cigars.

Looks like I'll be working remotely all week. Happy that's an option.
All the cool kids are doing it.
I already have to take 7 unpaid days starting on Friday. I want to at least work these four days.
Ouch.
Yeah, no OT opportunities here.
On the other hand, my OT the last 3 weeks will also earn me a $200 Amazon gift card. ;)
That's very cool. Perfect for Christmas shopping.

Does Amazon sell cigars?
We all actually kinda laughed, because the one manager who sent out the email about the gift card (who none of us care for) said this would be perfect for holiday shopping, even though we won't get the gift card until right before NYE. So the joke was that we would have to be shopping for either President's Day or MLK Jr Day.

They definitely SHOULD sell cigars.
I hear what you're saying but it's still very nice. You'll always need to shop on Amazon all year long.

Morning Tony and Dave.  Back in SC, but It feels like I brought some northern temps with me.

Guessing you enjoyed the World Cup final.
Now if they played all games like that...

Today is Monday, Dec. 19, the 353rd day of 2022. There are 12 days left in the year.

Today’s Highlight in History:

On Dec. 19, 1998, President Bill Clinton was impeached by the Republican-controlled House for perjury and obstruction of justice. (Clinton was subsequently acquitted by the Senate.)

On this date:

In 1777, during the American Revolutionary War, Gen. George Washington led his army of about 11,000 men to Valley Forge, Pennsylvania, to camp for the winter.

In 1907, 239 workers died in a coal mine explosion in Jacobs Creek, Pennsylvania.

In 1946, war broke out in Indochina as troops under Ho Chi Minh launched widespread attacks against the French.

In 1950, Gen. Dwight D. Eisenhower was named commander of the military forces of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization.

In 1960, fire broke out on the hangar deck of the nearly completed aircraft carrier USS Constellation at the New York Naval Shipyard; 50 civilian workers were killed.

In 1972, Apollo 17 splashed down in the Pacific, winding up the Apollo program of manned lunar landings.

In 2001, the fires that had burned beneath the ruins of the World Trade Center in New York City for the previous three months were declared extinguished except for a few scattered hot spots.

In 2002, Secretary of State Colin Powell declared Iraq in “material breach” of a U.N. disarmament resolution.

In 2003, design plans were unveiled for the signature skyscraper — a 1,776-foot glass tower — at the site of the World Trade Center in New York City.

In 2008, citing imminent danger to the national economy, President George W. Bush ordered an emergency bailout of the U.S. auto industry.

In 2011, North Korea announced the death two days earlier of leader Kim Jong Il; North Koreans marched by the thousands to mourn their “Dear Leader” while state media proclaimed his youngest son, Kim Jong Un, a “Great Successor.”

In 2016, a truck rammed into a crowded Christmas market in central Berlin, killing 12 people in an attack claimed by Islamic State. (The suspected attacker was killed in a police shootout four days later.) A Turkish policeman fatally shot Russian ambassador Andrei Karlov at a photo exhibit in Ankara. (The assailant was later killed in a police shootout.)

Ten years ago: Four State Department officials resigned under pressure, less than a day after a damning report blamed management failures for a lack of security at the U.S. diplomatic mission in Benghazi, Libya, where militants killed the U.S. ambassador and three other Americans. Park Geun-hye (goon-hay), daughter of late South Korean President Park Chung-hee, was elected the country’s first female president.

Five years ago: A bus carrying cruise ship passengers on an excursion to Mayan ruins in southeastern Mexico flipped over on a narrow highway, killing 11 travelers and their guide and injuring about 20 others; eight Americans were among those killed. U.S. health officials approved the nation’s first gene therapy for an inherited disease, a treatment that improves the sight of patients with a rare form of blindness. David Wright, a Massachusetts man who was convicted of leading a plot inspired by the Islamic State to behead conservative blogger Pamela Geller, was sentenced in Boston to 28 years in prison.

One year ago: Democratic Sen. Joe Manchin of West Virginia said he could not support his party’s signature $2 trillion social and environment bill, dealing a seemingly fatal blow to President Joe Biden’s leading domestic initiative. (Congress would approve a smaller but still substantive compromise measure in August 2022.) The NHL and its players association temporarily clamped down on teams crossing the Canadian border and shut down operations of two more teams in hopes of salvaging the season as COVID-19 outbreaks spread across the league. Gabriel Boric, a leftist millennial who rose to prominence during anti-government protests, was elected Chile’s next president. Despite rising concerns over the omicron variant, “Spider-Man: No Way Home” achieved the third best opening of all time; studio estimates showed that the Sony and Marvel blockbuster grossed $253 million in ticket sales in North America.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7