« Reply #135 on: January 29, 2015, 11:43:41 AM »

Morning, all.
Morning Joe, slow day here

Indeed.  I had an Espresso Oak Aged Yeti over the weekend, good stuff.  Reminded me of Victory at Sea, maybe a little sweeter.  Probably not something I'd reach for regularly but I wouldn't turn it down.  Now I need to try their chocolate.
I have a bomber of the regular I need to try - I wish we got some of the different flavors here, but I have only seen the original.

Been a while since I've had it but I recall liking the regular Oak Aged Yeti quite a bit.  Not as sweet as the Espresso, which I liked.  I like sweet beers, but not TOO sweet.  Some of them just go overboard with the flavors
Comepletely agree - Southern Tier comes to mind with those.  At least they do those very well, otherwise I would never reach for one.
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #136 on: January 29, 2015, 11:48:02 AM »

Morning, all.
Morning Joe, slow day here

Indeed.  I had an Espresso Oak Aged Yeti over the weekend, good stuff.  Reminded me of Victory at Sea, maybe a little sweeter.  Probably not something I'd reach for regularly but I wouldn't turn it down.  Now I need to try their chocolate.
I have a bomber of the regular I need to try - I wish we got some of the different flavors here, but I have only seen the original.

Been a while since I've had it but I recall liking the regular Oak Aged Yeti quite a bit.  Not as sweet as the Espresso, which I liked.  I like sweet beers, but not TOO sweet.  Some of them just go overboard with the flavors
Comepletely agree - Southern Tier comes to mind with those.  At least they do those very well, otherwise I would never reach for one.

ST hits my sweet spot, pun intended.  The Choklat, Pumking, and Warlock are all perfect to my tastes.  Their Creme Brulee was a bit much, but so is real creme brulee.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/29/2015
« Reply #137 on: January 29, 2015, 11:52:17 AM »

14 Sun Grown Square Off Sampler
The Sun Grown Square Off Sampler includes:
5 - Alec Bradley American Sun Grown Toro (6"x50
5 - Rocky Patel Sun Grown Torpedo (6.1"x52)
         10/39.50
13 L'Atelier Surrogates Bone Crusher
          5/29.50
12 Man O' War Dark Horse (4.5"x44)
         10/27.50
11 Sosa Classic Natural Wavell (Robusto)
          5/22.50
10  601 Blue Box-Press Maduro Robusto
         10/39.99
 9 Drew Estate Undercrown Gran Toro
          5/27.50
 8 Don Pepin Garcia Cuban Classic 1979
         10/39.99
 7 Cohiba Puro Dominicana Robusto
          5/29.99
 6 Oliva Connecticut Reserve Toro
         10/39.99
 5 Acid Kuba Kuba
          5/24.50
 4 Alec Bradley Black Market Vandal Toro
         10/39.99
 3 Montecristo Churchill  Extra
          5/32.50
 2 CAO Brazilia Gol
         10/38.99
 1 Perdomo 10th Anniversary Champagne Epicure
          5/24.50

« Reply #138 on: January 29, 2015, 12:01:25 PM »

Morning, all.
Morning Joe, slow day here

Indeed.  I had an Espresso Oak Aged Yeti over the weekend, good stuff.  Reminded me of Victory at Sea, maybe a little sweeter.  Probably not something I'd reach for regularly but I wouldn't turn it down.  Now I need to try their chocolate.
I have a bomber of the regular I need to try - I wish we got some of the different flavors here, but I have only seen the original.

Been a while since I've had it but I recall liking the regular Oak Aged Yeti quite a bit.  Not as sweet as the Espresso, which I liked.  I like sweet beers, but not TOO sweet.  Some of them just go overboard with the flavors
Comepletely agree - Southern Tier comes to mind with those.  At least they do those very well, otherwise I would never reach for one.
Now you guys have me looking for a Manhattan Special Espresso soda, it goes real well with a proscuitto & fresh mozzeralla hero.  they make it sugar free as well.
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #139 on: January 29, 2015, 12:04:46 PM »

[...]

Craft soda... see them all the time but they're almost always too sweet for me.  I do like diet cream soda though.  Usually only see it at World Market or a random shop by one of the Churchill's cigar lounge locations.

« Reply #140 on: January 29, 2015, 12:13:58 PM »

Morning, all.
Morning Joe, slow day here

Indeed.  I had an Espresso Oak Aged Yeti over the weekend, good stuff.  Reminded me of Victory at Sea, maybe a little sweeter.  Probably not something I'd reach for regularly but I wouldn't turn it down.  Now I need to try their chocolate.
I have a bomber of the regular I need to try - I wish we got some of the different flavors here, but I have only seen the original.

Been a while since I've had it but I recall liking the regular Oak Aged Yeti quite a bit.  Not as sweet as the Espresso, which I liked.  I like sweet beers, but not TOO sweet.  Some of them just go overboard with the flavors
The Yeti Choc is pretty darned good, I haven't tried the Espresso but would like to. Pretty powerful brews from memory
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #141 on: January 29, 2015, 12:49:50 PM »

Morning, all.
Morning Joe, slow day here

Indeed.  I had an Espresso Oak Aged Yeti over the weekend, good stuff.  Reminded me of Victory at Sea, maybe a little sweeter.  Probably not something I'd reach for regularly but I wouldn't turn it down.  Now I need to try their chocolate.
I have a bomber of the regular I need to try - I wish we got some of the different flavors here, but I have only seen the original.

Been a while since I've had it but I recall liking the regular Oak Aged Yeti quite a bit.  Not as sweet as the Espresso, which I liked.  I like sweet beers, but not TOO sweet.  Some of them just go overboard with the flavors
The Yeti Choc is pretty darned good, I haven't tried the Espresso but would like to. Pretty powerful brews from memory

Not a damn thing going on at the office and the boss already left for the day.  No reason to stick around myself.  Enjoy the rest of the day and have a great weekend, all.

« Reply #142 on: January 29, 2015, 01:01:24 PM »

[...]

Have a great weekend Joe

« Reply #143 on: January 29, 2015, 01:06:50 PM »

[...]

Not terribly much happening here on the banter.  People were complaining about the last jam, but I think this one sucks worse.  CB's fault?

« Reply #144 on: January 29, 2015, 01:13:19 PM »

Okay, the Tat Miami is a step up.

« Reply #145 on: January 29, 2015, 01:20:46 PM »

[...]

It's always CB's fault... had a big Indian lunch, one of the guys is leaving, so we all kicked in $15 for Indian food & pizza.  30 people, 2 pizza's and lots of trays of Indian food.  Nobody ate the pizza, only one slice out of each pie.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/29/2015
« Reply #146 on: January 29, 2015, 01:22:42 PM »

16 Romeo y Julieta Media Noche Robusto
         10/37.50
15 Tatuaje Miami
            5/32.50
[...]

« Reply #147 on: January 29, 2015, 01:32:49 PM »

Not quite Dean or Bean weather, but a light jacket and Sam Cold Snap out on the patio is a heck of an improvement from home!

« Reply #148 on: January 29, 2015, 01:34:20 PM »

Hey Fishy, how is day two going?
Don't know if you saw my question about the adhesive used to close your incision yesterday.....is it purple?
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 1/29/2015
« Reply #149 on: January 29, 2015, 01:39:50 PM »

Afternoon. Hope everyone is loading up on these JAM deals. You won't see this stuff again... until next time.