Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23

« Reply #300 on: January 23, 2015, 06:21:30 PM »

Check this out Raz if you have not seen one.  I looked at them last weekend and really cool.  Very high quality made in Italy.

http://www.arsenalfirearms.com/products/af-2011-a1-double-barrel-pistol
Now THERE's something you don't see everyday.  I want one.

« Reply #301 on: January 23, 2015, 06:30:16 PM »

Jesus, but typical.  My bunch decided this week we need to turn in a teleworking report when we work from home 1 day every 2 weeks and when I travel I have to turn I. A travel report with who I talked to and what about.  If I make a presentation then I have to provide a copy of that and who was there......  Stupid fuckheads.

« Reply #302 on: January 23, 2015, 06:32:04 PM »

Jesus, but typical.  My bunch decided this week we need to turn in a teleworking report when we work from home 1 day every 2 weeks and when I travel I have to turn I. A travel report with who I talked to and what about.  If I make a presentation then I have to provide a copy of that and who was there......  Stupid fuckheads.
Indeed.  If I want to telework, I have to submit a two-page telework plan 24 hours in advance.  Then I have to submit a two-page post-telework report when I return.

« Reply #303 on: January 23, 2015, 06:32:06 PM »

Check this out Raz if you have not seen one.  I looked at them last weekend and really cool.  Very high quality made in Italy.

http://www.arsenalfirearms.com/products/af-2011-a1-double-barrel-pistol
Now THERE's something you don't see everyday.  I want one.
About $4-6000 but quite impressive.  Both barrels go off when you pull the trigger so you shoot 14 bullets with 7 trigger pulls.  A bit large for IWB. :)

« Reply #304 on: January 23, 2015, 06:35:06 PM »

Check this out Raz if you have not seen one.  I looked at them last weekend and really cool.  Very high quality made in Italy.

http://www.arsenalfirearms.com/products/af-2011-a1-double-barrel-pistol
Now THERE's something you don't see everyday.  I want one.
About $4-6000 but quite impressive.  Both barrels go off when you pull the trigger so you shoot 14 bullets with 7 trigger pulls.  A bit large for IWB. :)
A bit easier and cheaper to buy two pistols isn't it?

« Reply #305 on: January 23, 2015, 06:35:28 PM »

Check this out Raz if you have not seen one.  I looked at them last weekend and really cool.  Very high quality made in Italy.

http://www.arsenalfirearms.com/products/af-2011-a1-double-barrel-pistol
Now THERE's something you don't see everyday.  I want one.
About $4-6000 but quite impressive.  Both barrels go off when you pull the trigger so you shoot 14 bullets with 7 trigger pulls.  A bit large for IWB. :)
A bit too large for OWB, too.  Two guns, one holster...make pants fall down.  But imagine the confusion of the asshole who finds himself on the business end.

"I've got two guns...one for each of ya'" -- Doc Holliday, "Tombstone"

« Reply #306 on: January 23, 2015, 06:40:01 PM »

Check this out Raz if you have not seen one.  I looked at them last weekend and really cool.  Very high quality made in Italy.

http://www.arsenalfirearms.com/products/af-2011-a1-double-barrel-pistol
Now THERE's something you don't see everyday.  I want one.
About $4-6000 but quite impressive.  Both barrels go off when you pull the trigger so you shoot 14 bullets with 7 trigger pulls.  A bit large for IWB. :)
A bit easier and cheaper to buy two pistols isn't it?
Depends, a good quality custom 1911 is going to start out around $2000 and quickly go up to $4000.  But you can buy nice factory 1911's for $800-1200

« Reply #307 on: January 23, 2015, 06:44:45 PM »

Last time I flew I could not find a sky mall magazine on the plane, here is why.

SkyMall, the Phoenix, Arizona-based catalog which most of have perused while bored on flights when our novels grew stale since it launched in 1989, has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection,  The Wall Street Journal reports.

« Reply #308 on: January 23, 2015, 06:44:57 PM »

Check this out Raz if you have not seen one.  I looked at them last weekend and really cool.  Very high quality made in Italy.

http://www.arsenalfirearms.com/products/af-2011-a1-double-barrel-pistol
Now THERE's something you don't see everyday.  I want one.
About $4-6000 but quite impressive.  Both barrels go off when you pull the trigger so you shoot 14 bullets with 7 trigger pulls.  A bit large for IWB. :)
A bit easier and cheaper to buy two pistols isn't it?
Depends, a good quality custom 1911 is going to start out around $2000 and quickly go up to $4000.  But you can buy nice factory 1911's for $800-1200
He says, as if the factory ones aren't good quality. ;-)

« Reply #309 on: January 23, 2015, 06:46:13 PM »

Last time I flew I could not find a sky mall magazine on the plane, here is why.

SkyMall, the Phoenix, Arizona-based catalog which most of have perused while bored on flights when our novels grew stale since it launched in 1989, has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection,  The Wall Street Journal reports.
Coulda seen that coming.  Half the stuff in it was waaaay overpriced and the other half was just flat weird...and overpriced.

« Reply #310 on: January 23, 2015, 06:48:14 PM »

Check this out Raz if you have not seen one.  I looked at them last weekend and really cool.  Very high quality made in Italy.

http://www.arsenalfirearms.com/products/af-2011-a1-double-barrel-pistol
Now THERE's something you don't see everyday.  I want one.
About $4-6000 but quite impressive.  Both barrels go off when you pull the trigger so you shoot 14 bullets with 7 trigger pulls.  A bit large for IWB. :)
A bit easier and cheaper to buy two pistols isn't it?
Depends, a good quality custom 1911 is going to start out around $2000 and quickly go up to $4000.  But you can buy nice factory 1911's for $800-1200
He says, as if the factory ones aren't good quality. ;-)
And many are not but a few are.  What I was actually attempting to portray was the good factory ones start out around $800.  Lots of $400-600 stuff available that are less than reliable and will not repeat with anything but hardball ammo,  Springfield and Colts are upwards of $800 now with sigs and Kimbers starting near $900 and up. Those are probably the only 4 I would personally consider buying stock but would plan on some minor professional tuning.  Just I mHO

« Reply #311 on: January 23, 2015, 06:49:19 PM »

Last time I flew I could not find a sky mall magazine on the plane, here is why.

SkyMall, the Phoenix, Arizona-based catalog which most of have perused while bored on flights when our novels grew stale since it launched in 1989, has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection,  The Wall Street Journal reports.
Coulda seen that coming.  Half the stuff in it was waaaay overpriced and the other half was just flat weird...and overpriced.
I looked at it for the weird stuff but never ever actually bought anything.
Logged

dwgbryant

« Reply #312 on: January 23, 2015, 07:05:44 PM »

just finished filling out a reimbursement form through the Chrysler Corp website. what a PITA that was, needed pictures of the repair bill and paid receipt, and the FUCKING WIFI here sucks so I had to drive into town to use a good connection.

good news, my Tat pre-ordered cigars came in.

hell of a #4,000 post btw.
Thought you were not eligible
I filled the form out and sent it in anyway, regardless of what they told me on the phone.

« Reply #313 on: January 23, 2015, 07:21:22 PM »

just finished filling out a reimbursement form through the Chrysler Corp website. what a PITA that was, needed pictures of the repair bill and paid receipt, and the FUCKING WIFI here sucks so I had to drive into town to use a good connection.

good news, my Tat pre-ordered cigars came in.

hell of a #4,000 post btw.
Thought you were not eligible
I filled the form out and sent it in anyway, regardless of what they told me on the phone.
I got ya now, what the hell can't hurt to try and you might score.

« Reply #314 on: January 23, 2015, 07:26:34 PM »

[...]

With a modicum of skill with hand tools, it's fairly straightforward to increase the reliability of a cheapo 1911, even with hollowpoints.  Increasing accuracy and durability is a taller order, and that's where the guns get more expensive.  An accurate 1911 is one made to exacting tolerances and fitted by hand.  Labor costs increase logarithmically. A durable gun means the pieces are made from high-quality metals and carefully inspected.  More labor.

All this said, I'm kinda old school.  I appreciate the beauty, smoothness and accuracy of the Kimbers, Wilsons, and others.  But if I can't defend myself with whatever weapon I can get my hands on, I'm not ready for the shit to hit the fan.  My 1943 Colt has never so much as teased about a failure to feed or fire, and I can put all eight rapidly into center mass at 50 feet, which is probably about 20 feet more than I'm likely to have in an "oh fuck scenario."  I use Wilson magazines because they hold an extra and I know they're going to drop out the gun when I hit the button, but I don't have any fancy mag-wells or beaver tails because I've spent so much time practicing with my gun that my hands know what goes where.

There truly is nothing like a well-manufactured and tuned weapon, but it's knowing your gun that will really save your life.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23