CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18

Author Topic: 1/22/2015  (Read 41344 times)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
Re: 1/22/2015
« Reply #150 on: January 22, 2015, 10:43:22 AM »

WTF are they selling at CI?  I was looking for something and came across the following:

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/gourmet/85355/game-day-salami-collection/#p-164078

And there were other weird things like maple syrup and such.  ???
Ccom started that too a few months back
Cigar.com may was well just be a different page on the same site.  Who are they kidding?

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #151 on: January 22, 2015, 10:45:03 AM »

Morning, muchachos. Gonna be in physical therapy three times a week for the next four. The massages are great, but I'm not a fan of the ice water boot.
Hopefully your PT is a nice busty female!
One is female, but I haven't been able to assess her bust yet.
We expect a full report, pictures are better than words  ;)
Just don't turn over too quickly.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #152 on: January 22, 2015, 10:45:05 AM »

OK, enough fucking around... I've got tons of work to get done so I'm back to lurk mode.  You're welcome, Scott.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #153 on: January 22, 2015, 10:47:18 AM »

Hey TexDave and Bean, keep an eye out for a cigar called Senor Rio Diamonte (and a second called Anejo).  Local distribution, supposed to be available at Total Wine.
Total Wine is in San Antonio will check there next trip.  That is sure enough an odd place for distritbution.
Cigars were made for owners of Senor Rio Tequila.
They put a lot of time and effort into naming that one. ::)
True....it could have been something like Gurkha, Sons of Anarchy, Warped, or Duck Commander....
http://www.stogieguys.com/2014/10/10282014-cigar-review-senor-rio-diamante.html
Duck Commander Tequila?  Would not be surprised.
They do have Duck Commander Wine, sell it at Walmart.
Unfortunately in NJ, can't buy wine or beer at Walmart, grocery stores, gas stations or 7-11 and the like.  Have to go to a liquor store.  Looks like a fine vintage, worth tracking down.
You can't pump your own gas in NJ.  And now you're telling me no beer or wine at Walmart?  Sounds like the gubmint has trust issues there.
No, just differences in distribution.  I can take you to my preferred store that looks like Home Depot but with booze. 
But yea, no gas pumping here!
We got a liquor store here like that called Specs, got a bunch of moderate to large stores and one gigantic store.  A Houston operation that opened up here and other places a few years back.
TxDave, I shop there less and less.  Seems their prices have been inching up.  In general HEB has better wine pricing and Twin Liquors has better booze pricing if you purchase two bottles.  Just sayin'
You are correct but I refuse to shop at that slimebag  Twin operation unless it is a last resort.  They fuct people here with their monopoly forever before Specs moved to town and drove the prices down.  They were also controlling the SAT and Corpus markets too, they owned most of the package stores in town just a lot of them operate under different names.  Besides them there owners are not 'Mericans.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #154 on: January 22, 2015, 10:47:27 AM »

Mr. Mayor....what's the final report on the Smoking Monk Hefeweizen?

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #155 on: January 22, 2015, 10:47:41 AM »

Morning, muchachos. Gonna be in physical therapy three times a week for the next four. The massages are great, but I'm not a fan of the ice water boot.
Hopefully your PT is a nice busty female!
One is female, but I haven't been able to assess her bust yet.
We expect a full report, pictures are better than words  ;)
Just don't turn over too quickly.
As you said an hour or so ago.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #156 on: January 22, 2015, 10:48:36 AM »

Hey TexDave and Bean, keep an eye out for a cigar called Senor Rio Diamonte (and a second called Anejo).  Local distribution, supposed to be available at Total Wine.
Total Wine is in San Antonio will check there next trip.  That is sure enough an odd place for distritbution.
True....it could have been something like Gurkha, Sons of Anarchy, Warped, or Duck Commander....
Unfortunately in NJ, can't buy wine or beer at Walmart, grocery stores, gas stations or 7-11 and the like.  Have to go to a liquor store.  Looks like a fine vintage, worth tracking down.
You can't pump your own gas in NJ.  And now you're telling me no beer or wine at Walmart?  Sounds like the gubmint has trust issues there.
No, just differences in distribution.  I can take you to my preferred store that looks like Home Depot but with booze. 
We got a liquor store here like that called Specs, got a bunch of moderate to large stores and one gigantic store.  A Houston operation that opened up here and other places a few years back.
TxDave, I shop there less and less.  Seems their prices have been inching up.  In general HEB has better wine pricing and Twin Liquors has better booze pricing if you purchase two bottles.  Just sayin'
You are correct but I refuse to shop at that slimebag  Twin operation unless it is a last resort.  They fuct people here with their monopoly forever before Specs moved to town and drove the prices down.  They were also controlling the SAT and Corpus markets too, they owned most of the package stores in town just a lot of them operate under different names.  Besides them there owners are not 'Mericans.
Maybe commies as well?

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #157 on: January 22, 2015, 10:48:53 AM »

Ok, time for me to hit the road.

Later folks, have a good day.

dwgbryant

« Reply #158 on: January 22, 2015, 10:49:14 AM »

so true.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #159 on: January 22, 2015, 10:49:58 AM »

Maybe commies as well?
Al Qaeda types

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #160 on: January 22, 2015, 10:51:07 AM »

Morning, all!  I see we're talking booze shopping already...

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #161 on: January 22, 2015, 10:51:24 AM »

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #162 on: January 22, 2015, 10:53:44 AM »

Bean,
Did you ever check out those places north of you that I texted last time I was out?
Hear of them on a radio station that was advertizing a bourbon tasting event or the like.
Just looked it up...Chapman's River Bend Liquors in Waco.

Threebean

« Reply #163 on: January 22, 2015, 10:54:51 AM »

Was not aware of any that Twin stuff, but thanks.  Rarely want to buy two bottles of the same booze anyway.  I'm no Joe Wacky, fer cryin' out loud.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #164 on: January 22, 2015, 11:00:12 AM »

Was not aware of any that Twin stuff, but thanks.  Rarely want to buy two bottles of the same booze anyway.  I'm no Joe Wacky, fer cryin' out loud.

Hey if the price is right and you're gonna drink it anyway, stock up! 
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18