« Reply #210 on: January 21, 2015, 10:57:39 AM »

Who was it that was waiting on these Short Stories?  Raz?
No, I'm looking for Asylum toros. But I wouldn't kick short stories out of bed.

Morning, muchachos.
Haven't had an Asylum in a bit but always enjoyed the normal sized ones.
I can't speak for the other vitolas, but the toros really seem to age well.
Oh chit now you are going to get Travellin Dave all irritable again.
Wha'd I say??
"resting cigars" - gives him irritable bowel syndrone.
We didn't even talk about resting with the cello on or off tho...
Store 'em the way you got 'em
good Morning all, I am allowed to take the V samplers out of the cello wrapped box first?  Stickers on the bottom of the boxes said 2009 sampler, so I have V's aged 6 years right?
You got it - damn fine smoke!
You better believe they are damn fine, I got about 5 of those sampler boxes left in the humi from back then.   If I thought those jamming were at elast 3+ years old would have bought some.

« Reply #211 on: January 21, 2015, 10:57:51 AM »

Hey Golfin' Dave....box o' Bueso's on the devil still at $19...closing today.
Thanks for the heads up. Got a full box of them already, but tried to bid anyways - not to rest them, I swear! - but still got outbid.
Yeah, fuck that resting noise!
Resting is just a byproduct of buying more than you can smoke
Yeah, only an idiot would rest cigars/beer/wine...damn guy who does that is probably a commie!

Agreed!
Footless commie!
And why would you rest beer or white wine?
Only some stouts and porters, not all, but they do mellow out and become more smooth with age.  Narwahl is a good example - lot of people rest Bourbon County, the higher IBU Stouts, etc.  Nice part is you don't age them in a fridge, so you can keep that space for the current drinking selection.
Like you fuk'n know something about beer, you are barely old enough to even buy the shit. :)  Evem I don't rest beer - goes flat.
LALTS!
Yea.....Sam and others even put expiry dates or birth dates on the bottles.
And some aren't bottle conditioned to rest, so it's a factor of a couple of things.  No reason to rest an IPA, Budweiser style, or etc...really only the dark goodness.
The only reason to rest Budweiser is in the hope you'll come to your senses before you drink it
Generally, yes. But I've discovered that on a very hot day, with freshly-shucked oyster shooters and baby back ribs coming off the grill, a Budweiser can be quite tasty. Not Bud Light, the regular Budweiser.
That's a pretty small bucket those Bud's are good for, just sayin'  :D
Well, yeah. But it's all about the pairing, y'know?
Which Smoking Monk do you suggest for Bud?  Don't seem to see it in any of the descriptions.

« Reply #212 on: January 21, 2015, 10:58:06 AM »

By the way Scott, I've got some brisket poaching in the slow cooker for this evening.  Made it last week and it was well received.  Had a chunk of meat to use up so I decided to make it again.
Are you "resting" that brisket?
A wise man once told me never to let my meat loaf.
but don't over work your meat either - You'll go blind!  8)

« Reply #213 on: January 21, 2015, 10:59:44 AM »

By the way Scott, I've got some brisket poaching in the slow cooker for this evening.  Made it last week and it was well received.  Had a chunk of meat to use up so I decided to make it again.
Are you "resting" that brisket?
A wise man once told me never to let my meat loaf.
but don't over work your meat either - You'll go blind!  8)
He can only see out of one eye now.

« Reply #214 on: January 21, 2015, 11:00:25 AM »

By the way Scott, I've got some brisket poaching in the slow cooker for this evening.  Made it last week and it was well received.  Had a chunk of meat to use up so I decided to make it again.
Are you "resting" that brisket?
A wise man once told me never to let my meat loaf.
but don't over work your meat either - You'll go blind!  8)
Fine way to go!  ....but how do you explain bifocals?

« Reply #215 on: January 21, 2015, 11:01:36 AM »

Guess I could go get me a couple of those Jalapeno Cream Cheese Taquito's for lunch today.  I think you get a deal on two for $2.49 or something like that.

« Reply #216 on: January 21, 2015, 11:03:19 AM »

By the way Scott, I've got some brisket poaching in the slow cooker for this evening.  Made it last week and it was well received.  Had a chunk of meat to use up so I decided to make it again.
Are you "resting" that brisket?
A wise man once told me never to let my meat loaf.
but don't over work your meat either - You'll go blind!  8)
Note to self...

« Reply #217 on: January 21, 2015, 11:03:55 AM »

Good morning, Flip.

« Reply #218 on: January 21, 2015, 11:05:34 AM »

Don't know if the Jam is busted or if people are just sick of these RPs.

« Reply #219 on: January 21, 2015, 11:09:44 AM »

Don't know if the Jam is busted or if people are just sick of these RPs.
you need to ask?
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 1/21/2015
« Reply #220 on: January 21, 2015, 11:10:12 AM »

Morning Dad, your drinking buddy coming by today?
No.. I have to babysit in awhile until late tonight.  It's going to be a long day.

« Reply #221 on: January 21, 2015, 11:11:13 AM »

Good morning, Flip.
moning Tony, you are in the city today?  got a meeting tonight at the legion, might be a good time for a brick house cigar.

« Reply #222 on: January 21, 2015, 11:11:36 AM »

Don't know if the Jam is busted or if people are just sick of these RPs.
Or both.

« Reply #223 on: January 21, 2015, 11:13:09 AM »

Good morning, Flip.
moning Tony, you are in the city today?  got a meeting tonight at the legion, might be a good time for a brick house cigar.
I need to join you there soon.  It's been a while.  Brick House is always a solid choice.
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 1/21/2015
« Reply #224 on: January 21, 2015, 11:16:15 AM »

Don't know if the Jam is busted or if people are just sick of these RPs.
Or both.
I believe they are aging them on the jam.