CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 32

Author Topic: 1/21/2015  (Read 70436 times)

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
Re: 1/21/2015
« Reply #180 on: January 21, 2015, 10:34:55 AM »

Who was it that was waiting on these Short Stories?  Raz?
No, I'm looking for Asylum toros. But I wouldn't kick short stories out of bed.

Morning, muchachos.
Haven't had an Asylum in a bit but always enjoyed the normal sized ones.
I can't speak for the other vitolas, but the toros really seem to age well.
Oh chit now you are going to get Travellin Dave all irritable again.
Wha'd I say??
"resting cigars" - gives him irritable bowel syndrone.
We didn't even talk about resting with the cello on or off tho...

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #181 on: January 21, 2015, 10:35:53 AM »

Hey Golfin' Dave....box o' Bueso's on the devil still at $19...closing today.
Thanks for the heads up. Got a full box of them already, but tried to bid anyways - not to rest them, I swear! - but still got outbid.
Yeah, fuck that resting noise!
Resting is just a byproduct of buying more than you can smoke
Yeah, only an idiot would rest cigars/beer/wine...damn guy who does that is probably a commie!

Agreed!
Footless commie!
And why would you rest beer or white wine?
Only some stouts and porters, not all, but they do mellow out and become more smooth with age.  Narwahl is a good example - lot of people rest Bourbon County, the higher IBU Stouts, etc.  Nice part is you don't age them in a fridge, so you can keep that space for the current drinking selection.
Like you fuk'n know something about beer, you are barely old enough to even buy the shit. :)  Evem I don't rest beer - goes flat.
LALTS!
Yea.....Sam and others even put expiry dates or birth dates on the bottles.
And some aren't bottle conditioned to rest, so it's a factor of a couple of things.  No reason to rest an IPA, Budweiser style, or etc...really only the dark goodness.
The only reason to rest Budweiser is in the hope you'll come to your senses before you drink it
It never fails, Budweiser and even Bud lite give me a headache... ugh..!  My doctor prescribes Stag for us old guys.. And he prescribed red wine for my daughter-in-law to help raise her good cholesterol.
Hate that stuff - it's rare that I don't get a headache 1 or 2 beers in
Typical juvenile response, don't bother real men.
Ohh sheesh - don't even get me started.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #182 on: January 21, 2015, 10:36:18 AM »

17 Rocky Patel Royal Vintage Torpedo (6.1 x 52)
        10/37.50
16 Tatuaje Tattoo Toro (6.0 x 50)
          5/19.99
15 Oliva Serie V Sampler
          5/27.50 (box)
14 Arturo Fuente Hemingway "Short Story" Perfecto (4.0 x 49)
          5/25.00
13 Diesel Uncut Toro (6.5 x 52)
         10/29.99 (mazo)
12 Partagas Cifuentes  9 year aged
         10/29.50
11 Tatuaje Nicaragua Cojuno '12 Toro
         5/39.99
10 Oliva Saison Torpedo (6.0 x 52)
        10/34.99
 9 CAO Extreme
         5/21.50
 8 Romeo y Julieta Vintage
        10/39.99
 7 MUWAT Kentucky Fire Cured Just a Friend (Toro)
         5/25.00
 6 Oliva Serie 'O' Torpedo (6.5"x52)
         10/39.99
 5 Man O' War Armada Corona (5.0"x45)
          5/37.50
 4 Carlos Torano Exodus '50 Years' Robusto
         10/34.99
 3 HC Series Habano Squared Torpedo (Belicoso)
         10/37.50
 2 Diesel Unholy Cocktail
         10/29.99
 1 Padilla Reserva Habano
          5/24.50

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #183 on: January 21, 2015, 10:36:41 AM »

Morning, muchachos.
Wha'd I say??
Oh, I wasn't resting them. They were just waiting in the humidor for me to get back around to them.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #184 on: January 21, 2015, 10:36:55 AM »

Morning, muchachos.
Wha'd I say??
We didn't even talk about resting with the cello on or off tho...
LALTS

sfish

« Reply #185 on: January 21, 2015, 10:37:03 AM »

Thanks for the heads up. Got a full box of them already, but tried to bid anyways - not to rest them, I swear! - but still got outbid.
Yeah, only an idiot would rest cigars/beer/wine...damn guy who does that is probably a commie!

Agreed!
Footless commie!
Only some stouts and porters, not all, but they do mellow out and become more smooth with age.  Narwahl is a good example - lot of people rest Bourbon County, the higher IBU Stouts, etc.  Nice part is you don't age them in a fridge, so you can keep that space for the current drinking selection.
Like you fuk'n know something about beer, you are barely old enough to even buy the shit. :)  Evem I don't rest beer - goes flat.
LALTS!
And some aren't bottle conditioned to rest, so it's a factor of a couple of things.  No reason to rest an IPA, Budweiser style, or etc...really only the dark goodness.
Many of the better dark craft beers have lower carbonation and don't keep well at all.
It's like cigars - it's a crap shoot, but a lot of guys who know what they can age and what they can't.

Huh?
I read it 4 times too.  I think it should have been as I've edited above.  Still don't know what the fuck he's talking about though.
Thank you Tony...thank you! Are you a scientist Tony? You seem to have developed an antidote for humor! Hahahahahaha!

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #186 on: January 21, 2015, 10:38:37 AM »

Agreed!
Footless commie!
LALTS!
Many of the better dark craft beers have lower carbonation and don't keep well at all.
It's like cigars - it's a crap shoot, but a lot of guys who know what they can age and what they can't.

Huh?
I read it 4 times too.  I think it should have been as I've edited above.  Still don't know what the fuck he's talking about though.
Thanks Uncle T.  I was "trying" to say - people who are aging beers know what they are doing, similar to cigar smokers.  Some won't age well while others will.  No reason to age an IPA when you are drinking it for the hops and probably overwhelming flavors - why rest it and mellow the flavors you are enjoying.  Same reason most people don't age mild cigars or say a spicy cigar falls flat and they prefer it OTT. 

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #187 on: January 21, 2015, 10:38:55 AM »

By the way Scott, I've got some brisket poaching in the slow cooker for this evening.  Made it last week and it was well received.  Had a chunk of meat to use up so I decided to make it again.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #188 on: January 21, 2015, 10:39:11 AM »

Morning, muchachos.
Wha'd I say??
Oh, I wasn't resting them. They were just waiting in the humidor for me to get back around to them.
Well said ;)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #189 on: January 21, 2015, 10:40:40 AM »

Morning, muchachos.
Wha'd I say??
Just took care of that, thanks for checking.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #190 on: January 21, 2015, 10:41:04 AM »

Agreed!
Footless commie!
LALTS!

Huh?
That's why he's still going to school.  Think he's saving English and composition for last.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #191 on: January 21, 2015, 10:42:55 AM »

Agreed!
Footless commie!
LALTS!
The only reason to rest Budweiser is in the hope you'll come to your senses before you drink it
Generally, yes. But I've discovered that on a very hot day, with freshly-shucked oyster shooters and baby back ribs coming off the grill, a Budweiser can be quite tasty. Not Bud Light, the regular Budweiser.
That's a pretty small bucket those Bud's are good for, just sayin'  :D
Well, yeah. But it's all about the pairing, y'know?

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #192 on: January 21, 2015, 10:43:57 AM »

Agreed!
Footless commie!
LALTS!

Huh?
That's why he's still going to school.  Think he's saving English and composition for last.
Hey Tony, this banter should have a live editor for each post to help guys like me out - thanks!

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #193 on: January 21, 2015, 10:45:55 AM »

Jam got busy there for a few minutes but these RP's should give us an hour or so to rest.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #194 on: January 21, 2015, 10:46:48 AM »

Agreed!
Footless commie!
LALTS!
Generally, yes. But I've discovered that on a very hot day, with freshly-shucked oyster shooters and baby back ribs coming off the grill, a Budweiser can be quite tasty. Not Bud Light, the regular Budweiser.
That's a pretty small bucket those Bud's are good for, just sayin'  :D
Well, yeah. But it's all about the pairing, y'know?
Correct!!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 32