CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 32

Author Topic: 1/21/2015  (Read 70444 times)

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 1/21/2015
« Reply #165 on: January 21, 2015, 10:22:41 AM »

Hey Golfin' Dave....box o' Bueso's on the devil still at $19...closing today.
Thanks for the heads up. Got a full box of them already, but tried to bid anyways - not to rest them, I swear! - but still got outbid.
Yeah, fuck that resting noise!
Resting is just a byproduct of buying more than you can smoke
Yeah, only an idiot would rest cigars/beer/wine...damn guy who does that is probably a commie!

Agreed!
Footless commie!
And why would you rest beer or white wine?
Only some stouts and porters, not all, but they do mellow out and become more smooth with age.  Narwahl is a good example - lot of people rest Bourbon County, the higher IBU Stouts, etc.  Nice part is you don't age them in a fridge, so you can keep that space for the current drinking selection.
Like you fuk'n know something about beer, you are barely old enough to even buy the shit. :)  Evem I don't rest beer - goes flat.
LALTS!
Yea.....Sam and others even put expiry dates or birth dates on the bottles.
And some aren't bottle conditioned to rest, so it's a factor of a couple of things.  No reason to rest an IPA, Budweiser style, or etc...really only the dark goodness.
The only reason to rest Budweiser is in the hope you'll come to your senses before you drink it
It never fails, Budweiser and even Bud lite give me a headache... ugh..!  My doctor prescribes Stag for us old guys.. And he prescribed red wine for my daughter-in-law to help raise her good cholesterol.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #166 on: January 21, 2015, 10:23:06 AM »

Thanks for the heads up. Got a full box of them already, but tried to bid anyways - not to rest them, I swear! - but still got outbid.
Yeah, only an idiot would rest cigars/beer/wine...damn guy who does that is probably a commie!

Agreed!
Footless commie!
Only some stouts and porters, not all, but they do mellow out and become more smooth with age.  Narwahl is a good example - lot of people rest Bourbon County, the higher IBU Stouts, etc.  Nice part is you don't age them in a fridge, so you can keep that space for the current drinking selection.
Like you fuk'n know something about beer, you are barely old enough to even buy the shit. :)  Evem I don't rest beer - goes flat.
LALTS!
And some aren't bottle conditioned to rest, so it's a factor of a couple of things.  No reason to rest an IPA, Budweiser style, or etc...really only the dark goodness.
The only reason to rest Budweiser is in the hope you'll come to your senses before you drink it
Generally, yes. But I've discovered that on a very hot day, with freshly-shucked oyster shooters and baby back ribs coming off the grill, a Budweiser can be quite tasty. Not Bud Light, the regular Budweiser.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #167 on: January 21, 2015, 10:25:04 AM »

Who was it that was waiting on these Short Stories?  Raz?
No, I'm looking for Asylum toros. But I wouldn't kick short stories out of bed.

Morning, muchachos.
Haven't had an Asylum in a bit but always enjoyed the normal sized ones.
I can't speak for the other vitolas, but the toros really seem to age well.
Oh chit now you are going to get Travellin Dave all irritable again.
Wha'd I say??

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #168 on: January 21, 2015, 10:26:22 AM »

Agreed!
Footless commie!
LALTS!
Many of the better dark craft beers have lower carbonation and don't keep well at all.
It's like cigars - it's a crap shoot, but a lot of guys who what they can age and what they can't. 

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #169 on: January 21, 2015, 10:27:23 AM »

Morning, muchachos.
Normal sized ones?
That would be about 2" long in CG's mind.
That's like 1/3 the length of my pinky, not my winky   ;)

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #170 on: January 21, 2015, 10:27:54 AM »

Agreed!
Footless commie!
LALTS!
It never fails, Budweiser and even Bud lite give me a headache... ugh..!  My doctor prescribes Stag for us old guys.. And he prescribed red wine for my daughter-in-law to help raise her good cholesterol.
Hate that stuff - it's rare that I don't get a headache 1 or 2 beers in

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #171 on: January 21, 2015, 10:27:58 AM »

Hey caballeros, some cheap(er) Tats up!

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #172 on: January 21, 2015, 10:29:04 AM »

Morning, muchachos.
I can't speak for the other vitolas, but the toros really seem to age well.
Oh chit now you are going to get Travellin Dave all irritable again.
Wha'd I say??
"resting cigars" - gives him irritable bowel syndrone.

sfish

« Reply #173 on: January 21, 2015, 10:29:37 AM »

Morning, muchachos.
Normal sized ones?
Not the 6x60, 7x80, etc.  You knew what I meant, dick!
Hahahahahahahahahahaha!

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #174 on: January 21, 2015, 10:31:50 AM »

Agreed!
Footless commie!
LALTS!
Generally, yes. But I've discovered that on a very hot day, with freshly-shucked oyster shooters and baby back ribs coming off the grill, a Budweiser can be quite tasty. Not Bud Light, the regular Budweiser.
FUk'N A that sounds mighty damn good right now on a cold day!

sfish

« Reply #175 on: January 21, 2015, 10:32:16 AM »

Agreed!
Footless commie!
LALTS!
Many of the better dark craft beers have lower carbonation and don't keep well at all.
It's like cigars - it's a crap shoot, but a lot of guys who what they can age and what they can't.

Huh?

Cindy Lou-Who? Was that a Dr Seuss quote? Hahahahahahaha!

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #176 on: January 21, 2015, 10:33:11 AM »

Agreed!
Footless commie!
LALTS!
Hate that stuff - it's rare that I don't get a headache 1 or 2 beers in
Typical juvenile response, don't bother real men.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #177 on: January 21, 2015, 10:33:46 AM »

Agreed!
Footless commie!
LALTS!

Huh?
+1

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #178 on: January 21, 2015, 10:34:13 AM »

Agreed!
Footless commie!
LALTS!
It's like cigars - it's a crap shoot, but a lot of guys who know what they can age and what they can't.

Huh?
I read it 4 times too.  I think it should have been as I've edited above.  Still don't know what the fuck he's talking about though.

sfish

« Reply #179 on: January 21, 2015, 10:34:44 AM »

Agreed!
Footless commie!
LALTS!
That's a pretty small bucket those Bud's are good for, just sayin'  :D
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 32