CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16

Author Topic: 1/20/2015  (Read 40610 times)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
Re: 1/20/2015
« Reply #150 on: January 20, 2015, 11:28:46 AM »

Morning, all.  Jalapeño cream cheese taquito to start the day, put back some beers last night.  My last Southern Tier Choklat and an EvilTwin Brewing Molotov Cocktail Single Simcoe Hop Edition.  The latter was 13% ABV and "only" $7 for a 22oz bottle.  Highly recommended.
It really feels like Tuesday now.  Even while on a diet, I still go into every 7eleven and ask if they have those taquitos.  Sadly, the answer is always no.

Been a while since I've had one, couldn't resist.  Walked out the door without eating breakfast.  They're so good!  Can't believe they don't have them out by you.  Morning, Tony.
I've considered making my own.  In fact, I've just been inspired.  I'll pick up some jalapeños the next time I go shopping.  That won't be for a while though since I spent $400 on groceries yesterday.
You got a deep fryer?

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #151 on: January 20, 2015, 11:28:51 AM »

Morning, all.  Jalapeño cream cheese taquito to start the day, put back some beers last night.  My last Southern Tier Choklat and an EvilTwin Brewing Molotov Cocktail Single Simcoe Hop Edition.  The latter was 13% ABV and "only" $7 for a 22oz bottle.  Highly recommended.
Morning, Tuesday Joe.

Good morning, Rum Dave?
Mmmm, rum...

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #152 on: January 20, 2015, 11:32:00 AM »

It really feels like Tuesday now.  Even while on a diet, I still go into every 7eleven and ask if they have those taquitos.  Sadly, the answer is always no.

Been a while since I've had one, couldn't resist.  Walked out the door without eating breakfast.  They're so good!  Can't believe they don't have them out by you.  Morning, Tony.
I've considered making my own.  In fact, I've just been inspired.  I'll pick up some jalapeños the next time I go shopping.  That won't be for a while though since I spent $400 on groceries yesterday.
You got a deep fryer?
I used to.  Hmmm, what the fuck ever happened to that thing?  I planned on using a cast iron skillet filled with oil.  I'll be the only one in the family partaking so I'm not gonna be making that many.

sfish

« Reply #153 on: January 20, 2015, 11:39:55 AM »

Morning Joe, damn! You were still holding a Choklat?

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #154 on: January 20, 2015, 11:46:30 AM »

Dammit now I got to see if my 7-11 has those.

My wife has a good recipe for bacon wrapped, cream cheese stuffed jalapenos.  So good!  And they're probably not nearly as bad for you as the 7-11 Taquitos since they're not fried.
I'd be interested.  But I'm still making the taquitos too.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #155 on: January 20, 2015, 11:48:02 AM »

Hey there, Scott.  I actually didn't know that it was still there, I thought it was something else when I reached for it.  Needless to say, I was pleasantly surprised.  See if you can find that EvilTwin IPA I had, definitely worth a purchase, I think you'd like it.  I'd put it right up there with the Stone IPAs you and I have enjoyed.  Reviews didn't sound all that promising but I figured it'd be tough to go wrong at that price point. 

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #156 on: January 20, 2015, 11:50:30 AM »

You know he's a horder.....or is that whorder?

sfish

« Reply #157 on: January 20, 2015, 11:52:12 AM »

Hey there, Scott.  I actually didn't know that it was still there, I thought it was something else when I reached for it.  Needless to say, I was pleasantly surprised.  See if you can find that EvilTwin IPA I had, definitely worth a purchase, I think you'd like it.  I'd put it right up there with the Stone IPAs you and I have enjoyed.  Reviews didn't sound all that promising but I figured it'd be tough to go wrong at that price point.
Unfortunately I haven't been able to find any Evil Twin stuff here, which is ridiculous given our proximity to the brewery compared to yours

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #158 on: January 20, 2015, 11:53:13 AM »

Unfortunately I haven't been able to find any Evil Twin stuff here, which is ridiculous given our proximity to the brewery compared to yours
I think I've seen it.  Let me get back to you on that one.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #159 on: January 20, 2015, 12:03:05 PM »

I don't know how available it really is out here, but my go-to shop always has a bunch.  It's not at BevMo, though.  Most of their stuff is incredibly expensive so I was surprised to see this at only $7.  Nobody working at the shop had tried it yet but they described the flavors of Simcoe hops and it sounded good.  Citrusy but also had that 'dank' flavor that I get in the Stone Enjoy By beers. 

sfish

« Reply #160 on: January 20, 2015, 12:05:43 PM »

I don't know how available it really is out here, but my go-to shop always has a bunch.  It's not at BevMo, though.  Most of their stuff is incredibly expensive so I was surprised to see this at only $7.  Nobody working at the shop had tried it yet but they described the flavors of Simcoe hops and it sounded good.  Citrusy but also had that 'dank' flavor that I get in the Stone Enjoy By beers.
You had me at 'dank'

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #161 on: January 20, 2015, 12:08:18 PM »

You had me at 'dank'

"Ah, but Moe, the dank, the dank!"

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #162 on: January 20, 2015, 12:37:05 PM »

You got a deep fryer?
I used to.  Hmmm, what the fuck ever happened to that thing?  I planned on using a cast iron skillet filled with oil.  I'll be the only one in the family partaking so I'm not gonna be making that many.
Had them at my downtown 7-11 so got one as an appetizer before my hot dog.  First bite said Good!

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #163 on: January 20, 2015, 12:40:40 PM »

Workafuknference, man trying to put together a presentation along with a few other things and the fuk'n computers have shit-out 3 times.........  FUK'n TUESDAYS

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #164 on: January 20, 2015, 01:02:03 PM »

You got a deep fryer?
Had them at my downtown 7-11 so got one as an appetizer before my hot dog.  First bite said Good!

Nice!! They're tasty. Definitely a guilty pleasure of mine.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16