CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18

Author Topic: 1/19/2015  (Read 43058 times)

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
Re: 1/19/2015
« Reply #135 on: January 19, 2015, 09:53:02 AM »

Mornin Gents!
Shaun!
ClevelandDave - how goes it?
Same old, same old. Finally back to smoking again, while the weather is not totally shitty, so that's nice.
It has been nice the past few days - little heat wave never hurt no body!  Winters are hard on the smoking regimen, need to get a garage heater that's permanent next year and then use my propane to supplement
I'm hoping my new electric blanket helps. Got it for Xmas, oldest almost immediately broke the damn thing. Had to take it back and re-order. It's at the store waiting for me to pick it up, which I'll do tomorrow when I pick the kids up from school.
Nice!  That would actually really be nice on the legs - my legs and feet always get so damn cold smoking in the winter...might start wearing snow boots ;)
That's what I'm hoping. Last night, most of me was chilled, but the bottoms of my feet in front of the heater were practically on fire. Haha.
Do the blanket on the lower half, then put the heater on a 2' table pointed at your upper body and it would be perfect!
Get you some mittens and earmuffs too?
I used to have fingerless gloves that worked pretty well but lost them at some point.
Easy to convert a pair of fingered ones. :)

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #136 on: January 19, 2015, 09:53:55 AM »

I'll be Andy Griffith is on think I will watch a couple of episodes while it warms up a little to walk the dogs.

Threebean

« Reply #137 on: January 19, 2015, 09:56:56 AM »

Breakfast done, Country Ham, Biscuits and fried eggs.  Think I will pour another coffee and take it easy a little while longer.
And GFY!
What's on the lunch menu I can be planning what I might want.  Chuy's Mexican is sounding nice.
Monday
$3 meal option-1
   Soup Knoephia
   Salad Bar
$5 meal option-2 combination of any/all of the following:
   Soup Knoephia
        Salad Bar
   Made to order deli sandwich
   Roast Beef w/ Mushroom Demi Glaze
   Sweet and Sour Chicken over Fried Rice
Hmmm think I will go out to Chuy's today for a steak burrito.  Warden wants to go to Greene and that might be ok too.  Deli sandwich sounds best from that assortment.  WTF is a Knoephia???
Like a potato dumpling soup - it's a Norwegian thing
Sounds like the kind of soup a man wearing Uggs would eat.  Surprised you didn't know about that one, TxUggs.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #138 on: January 19, 2015, 10:02:28 AM »

Breakfast done, Country Ham, Biscuits and fried eggs.  Think I will pour another coffee and take it easy a little while longer.
And GFY!
What's on the lunch menu I can be planning what I might want.  Chuy's Mexican is sounding nice.
Monday
$3 meal option-1
   Soup Knoephia
   Salad Bar
   Soup Knoephia
        Salad Bar
Hmmm think I will go out to Chuy's today for a steak burrito.  Warden wants to go to Greene and that might be ok too.  Deli sandwich sounds best from that assortment.  WTF is a Knoephia???
At long as there's no lutefisk in it...but I don't particularly like dumplings or bread in soup....texture thing.  Only one I will have is French onion.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #139 on: January 19, 2015, 10:04:12 AM »

I'll be Andy Griffith is on think I will watch a couple of episodes while it warms up a little to walk the dogs.
Uncle Andy!

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #140 on: January 19, 2015, 10:04:52 AM »

Sorry guys, lost my internet and tv.  We had a 10 minute power outage last night and apparently it will require a FiOS technician to come out on Wednesday.  At least that's what the agent told me.  Weird thing is that it was all working fine for about 10 hours since power was restored.  Fine day to stay home and watch tv, huh?  By the way, the agent's name was Ashfaqur.  He sure fucked me in the ass for the next two days.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #141 on: January 19, 2015, 10:07:52 AM »

Mornin Gents!
Shaun!
ClevelandDave - how goes it?
Same old, same old. Finally back to smoking again, while the weather is not totally shitty, so that's nice.
It has been nice the past few days - little heat wave never hurt no body!  Winters are hard on the smoking regimen, need to get a garage heater that's permanent next year and then use my propane to supplement
I'm hoping my new electric blanket helps. Got it for Xmas, oldest almost immediately broke the damn thing. Had to take it back and re-order. It's at the store waiting for me to pick it up, which I'll do tomorrow when I pick the kids up from school.
Nice!  That would actually really be nice on the legs - my legs and feet always get so damn cold smoking in the winter...might start wearing snow boots ;)
That's what I'm hoping. Last night, most of me was chilled, but the bottoms of my feet in front of the heater were practically on fire. Haha.
Do the blanket on the lower half, then put the heater on a 2' table pointed at your upper body and it would be perfect!
Get you some mittens and earmuffs too?
I used to have fingerless gloves that worked pretty well but lost them at some point.
Easy to convert a pair of fingered ones. :)
Not really. All the other gloves I have are bulky, cause it's so friggin' cold here. Those aren't conducive to cigar smoking, even with the fingers cut off.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #142 on: January 19, 2015, 10:08:52 AM »

Sorry guys, lost my internet and tv.  We had a 10 minute power outage last night and apparently it will require a FiOS technician to come out on Wednesday.  At least that's what the agent told me.  Weird thing is that it was all working fine for about 10 hours since power was restored.  Fine day to stay home and watch tv, huh?  By the way, the agent's name was Ashfaqur.  He sure fucked me in the ass for the next two days.
Ashfaqur. You can't make this stuff up.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #143 on: January 19, 2015, 10:12:05 AM »

Did you try turning off the unit and rebooting?

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #144 on: January 19, 2015, 10:12:58 AM »

And GFY!
Monday
$3 meal option-1
   Soup Knoephia
   Salad Bar
   Soup Knoephia
        Salad Bar
At long as there's no lutefisk in it...but I don't particularly like dumplings or bread in soup....texture thing.  Only one I will have is French onion.
Nada, only the freaks up here eat that shit.  Just the smell of cooking it makes me gag

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #145 on: January 19, 2015, 10:23:14 AM »

Did you try turning off the unit and rebooting?
Choot it

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #146 on: January 19, 2015, 10:26:43 AM »

And GFY!
Monday
$3 meal option-1
   Soup Knoephia
   Salad Bar
   Soup Knoephia
        Salad Bar
Nada, only the freaks up here eat that shit.  Just the smell of cooking it makes me gag
I will stick with chicken and dumplings myself.  Warden works with a bunch of Norwegians' and said it was spelled wrong. ::)

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #147 on: January 19, 2015, 10:28:01 AM »

And GFY!
Monday
$3 meal option-1
   Soup Knoephia
   Salad Bar
   Soup Knoephia
        Salad Bar
I will stick with chicken and dumplings myself.  Warden works with a bunch of Norwegians' and said it was spelled wrong. ::)
Yeah our chef ain't no spelling champ, almost a typo every menu: Knoephla

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #148 on: January 19, 2015, 10:32:48 AM »

And GFY!
Monday
$3 meal option-1
   Soup Knoephia
   Salad Bar
   Soup Knoephia
        Salad Bar
Yeah our chef ain't no spelling champ, almost a typo every menu: Knoephla
Chances are he does not speak a lot of Norwegian either.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #149 on: January 19, 2015, 10:33:29 AM »

Call the Man Aunt Bee just Call the Man!!  LMAO
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18