« Reply #90 on: January 19, 2015, 08:41:47 AM »

Mornin Gents!
Shaun!
ClevelandDave - how goes it?
Same old, same old. Finally back to smoking again, while the weather is not totally shitty, so that's nice.
It has been nice the past few days - little heat wave never hurt no body!  Winters are hard on the smoking regimen, need to get a garage heater that's permanent next year and then use my propane to supplement
I'm hoping my new electric blanket helps. Got it for Xmas, oldest almost immediately broke the damn thing. Had to take it back and re-order. It's at the store waiting for me to pick it up, which I'll do tomorrow when I pick the kids up from school.
Nice!  That would actually really be nice on the legs - my legs and feet always get so damn cold smoking in the winter...might start wearing snow boots ;)
Uggs is a nice warm comfy foot solution inside the garage.

« Reply #91 on: January 19, 2015, 08:41:51 AM »

Mornin Gents!
Shaun!
ClevelandDave - how goes it?
Same old, same old. Finally back to smoking again, while the weather is not totally shitty, so that's nice.
It has been nice the past few days - little heat wave never hurt no body!  Winters are hard on the smoking regimen, need to get a garage heater that's permanent next year and then use my propane to supplement
I'm hoping my new electric blanket helps. Got it for Xmas, oldest almost immediately broke the damn thing. Had to take it back and re-order. It's at the store waiting for me to pick it up, which I'll do tomorrow when I pick the kids up from school.
Nice!  That would actually really be nice on the legs - my legs and feet always get so damn cold smoking in the winter...might start wearing snow boots ;)
That's what I'm hoping. Last night, most of me was chilled, but the bottoms of my feet in front of the heater were practically on fire. Haha.

« Reply #92 on: January 19, 2015, 08:43:14 AM »

Mornin Gents!
Shaun!
ClevelandDave - how goes it?
Same old, same old. Finally back to smoking again, while the weather is not totally shitty, so that's nice.
It has been nice the past few days - little heat wave never hurt no body!  Winters are hard on the smoking regimen, need to get a garage heater that's permanent next year and then use my propane to supplement
Speaking of which, I was looking at the following and wondering how well it would work in the garage?

http://www.woot.com/
Hmm, good question. If it works, that's a good price on those. Usually about $130 in the stores. I have a small space heater. Not as good as the quartz heater I had that finally shit the bed this year.
I bought a new fire pit and haven't used it yet.  Probably shouldn't light it up in the garage, huh?
Just crack the door, you'll be fine. ;)
The sad part is that I thought about it.  Did I mention there are gas cans and tons of old paint in there?

« Reply #93 on: January 19, 2015, 08:44:11 AM »

[...]
Agreed!  If you're a chick.

« Reply #94 on: January 19, 2015, 08:44:32 AM »

[...]

Should be just fine as long as you don't light it.

« Reply #95 on: January 19, 2015, 08:44:56 AM »

[...]

Hey, at least then you won't have to worry about not retiring!

« Reply #96 on: January 19, 2015, 08:45:58 AM »

[...]
Just as long as no one sees me with them on!   ;)

« Reply #97 on: January 19, 2015, 08:46:17 AM »

[...]

I swear my wife dreams of it.  My life insurance policy would set her up good.

« Reply #98 on: January 19, 2015, 08:46:43 AM »

[...]
Do the blanket on the lower half, then put the heater on a 2' table pointed at your upper body and it would be perfect!

« Reply #99 on: January 19, 2015, 08:46:49 AM »

[...]
Well if you are inside the garage by yourself what Fuk'n difference does it make as long as you are warm?   ::)  Go ahead put on your Nikes and light that Fuk'n fire pit! ;D

« Reply #100 on: January 19, 2015, 08:50:17 AM »

[...]
Thank you.  The preceding statement coming from TxDave did not compute.

« Reply #101 on: January 19, 2015, 08:50:30 AM »

On a different note, if you missed out on a refi years back, the rates are STUPID low right now.  2.6ish for a 15, 3.5 for a 30, etc..

« Reply #102 on: January 19, 2015, 08:50:48 AM »

Seriously I have never figured out why the hell they don't run a few more feet of duct to allow the central HVAc to help moderate the temps in the garage.  Have seen a few houses done that way and does not add a significant cost when building.  They get so damn hot down here in the summer it is ridiculous.

« Reply #103 on: January 19, 2015, 08:52:31 AM »

[...]
GFY Squared for both you bastiges.

« Reply #104 on: January 19, 2015, 08:54:26 AM »

[...]
What else you do when no one else is around?  Don't answer that..