CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: 5/14/2018  (Read 4800 times)

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
Re: 5/14/2018
« Reply #75 on: May 14, 2018, 03:39:35 PM »

NEWSTRAFFICWEATHERLISTEN

Home » Weather News » DC faces potential rush-hour…
DC faces potential rush-hour derecho as storms move in
 By Jack Pointer
and Patrick Roth
May 14, 2018 2:20 pm
The system is forecast to hit "parts of the central Appalachians and lower mid-Atlantic states this afternoon into early evening," the National Weather Service said Monday afternoon. A severe thunderstorm watch is in effect until 9 p.m.

WASHINGTON — The D.C. area faces a potential derecho during Monday’s  rush hour, according to the National Weather Service.

An approaching storm system is forecast to hit “parts of the central Appalachians and lower mid-Atlantic states this afternoon into early evening,” the service said Monday afternoon.

D.C. residents are all-too-familiar with the damage that this type of powerful storm — whose characteristics include powerful, straight-line winds — can unleash. In June 2012, wind speeds were clocked above 70 mph. Monday’s likely storm could deliver gusts of up to 75 mph. A severe thunderstorm watch is in effect for the D.C. area until 9 p.m. Monday. Damaging winds will be the primary threat from the storms, according to the National Weather Service. Hail is also possible.
I had to google derecho

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #76 on: May 14, 2018, 03:43:07 PM »

NEWSTRAFFICWEATHERLISTEN

By Jack Pointer
and Patrick Roth
The system is forecast to hit "parts of the central Appalachians and lower mid-Atlantic states this afternoon into early evening," the National Weather Service said Monday afternoon. A severe thunderstorm watch is in effect until 9 p.m.

WASHINGTON — The D.C. area faces a potential derecho during Monday’s  rush hour, according to the National Weather Service.

An approaching storm system is forecast to hit “parts of the central Appalachians and lower mid-Atlantic states this afternoon into early evening,” the service said Monday afternoon.

D.C. residents are all-too-familiar with the damage that this type of powerful storm — whose characteristics include powerful, straight-line winds — can unleash. In June 2012, wind speeds were clocked above 70 mph. Monday’s likely storm could deliver gusts of up to 75 mph. A severe thunderstorm watch is in effect for the D.C. area until 9 p.m. Monday. Damaging winds will be the primary threat from the storms, according to the National Weather Service. Hail is also possible.
I had to google derecho
I just figured it meant people in DC were going to get one hell of a wet ass.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #77 on: May 14, 2018, 04:46:16 PM »

NEWSTRAFFICWEATHERLISTEN

By Jack Pointer
and Patrick Roth

I had to google derecho
It's the opposite of izquierda.......duh! :P

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #78 on: May 14, 2018, 05:44:07 PM »

Derecho lull?

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #79 on: May 14, 2018, 05:44:11 PM »

NEWSTRAFFICWEATHERLISTEN

By Jack Pointer
and Patrick Roth

I had to google derecho
It's the opposite of izquierda.......duh! :P
right?

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #80 on: May 14, 2018, 06:15:27 PM »

NEWSTRAFFICWEATHERLISTEN

By Jack Pointer
and Patrick Roth

I had to google derecho
It's the opposite of izquierda.......duh!
Verdad!

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #81 on: May 14, 2018, 07:03:58 PM »

Made it home in time to see my boys' baseball game.

Oyam18

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • El Matador del Banter
« Reply #82 on: May 14, 2018, 07:50:38 PM »

Short and to the point.

Threebean

« Reply #83 on: May 14, 2018, 11:36:23 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]