CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on April 03, 2018, 12:00:51 AM

Title: 4/3/2018
Post by: CigarBanter on April 03, 2018, 12:00:51 AM
It's Tuesday again! In between insults we'll occasionally discuss cigars.  Join in and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 03, 2018, 05:10:10 AM
Good morning, fellas.
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on April 03, 2018, 05:37:15 AM
good morning. on my way to East Point, St George Island, and Apalachicola by way of doctor appointment.
will post when I get there this afternoon.
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 03, 2018, 05:46:14 AM
good morning. on my way to East Point, St George Island, and Apalachicola by way of doctor appointment.
will post when I get there this afternoon.
Safe travels, Deano.
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 03, 2018, 05:57:44 AM
Morning, all. Jam instead of a twofer turd. Maybe today has some promise.
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 03, 2018, 06:06:00 AM
Morning, all. Jam instead of a twofer turd. Maybe today has some promise.
Maybe indeed.
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 03, 2018, 06:07:16 AM
Good morning, Dave.
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 03, 2018, 06:22:05 AM
Hope NJDave wakes up in time to grab the Laranjas up now.
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 03, 2018, 07:09:52 AM
Morning, all. Jam instead of a twofer turd. Maybe today has some promise.
Yea......maybe.......
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 03, 2018, 07:10:27 AM
Hope NJDave wakes up in time to grab the Laranjas up now.
Well stocked up from other offers, but good to see them.
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 03, 2018, 07:12:34 AM
Today is Tuesday, April 3, the 93rd day of 2018. There are 272 days left in the year.
Today's Highlight in History:
On April 3, 1968, civil rights leader Martin Luther King Jr. delivered what turned out to be his final speech, telling a rally of striking sanitation workers in Memphis, Tennessee, that "I've been to the mountaintop" and "seen the Promised Land. I may not get there with you. But I want you to know tonight that we, as a people, will get to the Promised Land!" (About 20 hours later, King was felled by an assassin's bullet at the Lorraine Motel.)
On this date:
In 1776, George Washington received an honorary Doctor of Laws degree from Harvard College.
In 1860, the legendary Pony Express began carrying mail between St. Joseph, Missouri, and Sacramento, California. (The delivery system lasted only 18 months before giving way to the transcontinental telegraph.)
In 1882, outlaw Jesse James was shot to death in St. Joseph, Missouri, by Robert Ford, a member of James' gang.
In 1936, Bruno Hauptmann was electrocuted in Trenton, New Jersey, for the kidnap-murder of Charles Lindbergh Jr.
In 1942, during World War II, Japanese forces began their final assault on Bataan against American and Filipino troops who surrendered six days later; the capitulation was followed by the notorious Bataan Death March.
In 1946, Lt. Gen. Masaharu Homma, the Japanese commander held responsible for the Bataan Death March, was executed by firing squad outside Manila.
In 1948, President Harry S. Truman signed the Marshall Plan, designed to help European allies rebuild after World War II and resist communism.
In 1965, the United States launched the SNAP-10A nuclear power system into Earth orbit; it was the first nuclear reactor sent into space.
In 1978, at the Academy Awards, Woody Allen's "Annie Hall" was named best picture of 1977; its co-star, Diane Keaton, won best actress while Richard Dreyfuss was honored as best actor for "The Goodbye Girl."
In 1985, the landmark Hollywood Brown Derby restaurant closed after 56 years in business.
In 1996, Unabomber Theodore Kaczynski (kah-ZIHN'-skee) was arrested at his remote Montana cabin. An Air Force jetliner carrying Commerce Secretary Ron Brown and American business executives crashed in Croatia, killing all 35 people aboard.
In 2003, Atlantic magazine editor Michael Kelly, 46, became the first American journalist to be killed while covering the Iraq war.
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 03, 2018, 07:13:11 AM
Ten years ago: NATO allies meeting in Bucharest, Romania, gave President George W. Bush strong support for a missile defense system in Europe and urged Moscow to drop its angry opposition to the program. Model Naomi Campbell was arrested at London Heathrow Airport after getting into an altercation with police during a dispute about lost luggage. (Campbell was later sentenced to 200 hours of community service and fined 2,300 pounds.) Ohio State defeated Massachusetts, 92-85, for the National Invitation Tournament title.

Five years ago: The White House announced President Barack Obama would return 5 percent of his salary each month to the Treasury in a show of solidarity with federal workers smarting from government-wide spending cuts. Palestinian militants launched several rockets into southern Israel and Israeli aircraft struck targets in the Gaza Strip in the heaviest exchange of fire between the sides since a cease-fire ended a major flare-up the previous year. Oscar-winning screenwriter and award-winning novelist Ruth Prawer Jhabvala, 85, died in New York.

One year ago: A suicide bombing aboard a subway train in St. Petersburg, Russia, left 16 people dead and wounded more than 50; authorities identified the bomber as a 22-year old Kyrgyz-born Russian national. A divided Senate Judiciary Committee panel voted 11-9 along party lines to favorably recommend Supreme Court nominee Neil Gorsuch to the full Senate. The NHL announced it would not participate in the 2018 Winter Olympics in South Korea. North Carolina scored the last eight points for a 71-65 win over Gonzaga and an NCAA title.
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 03, 2018, 07:13:34 AM
Today's Birthdays: Actress-singer Doris Day is 96. Conservationist Dame Jane Goodall is 84. Actor William Gaunt is 81. Songwriter Jeff Barry is 80. Actor Eric Braeden is 77. Actress Marsha Mason is 76. Singer Wayne Newton is 76. Singer Tony Orlando is 74. Comedy writer Pat Proft is 71. Folk-rock singer Richard Thompson is 69. Country musician Curtis Stone (Highway 101) is 68. Blues singer-guitarist John Mooney is 63. Rock musician Mick Mars (Motley Crue) is 62. Actor Alec Baldwin is 60. Actor David Hyde Pierce is 59. Rock singer John Thomas Griffith (Cowboy Mouth) is 58. Comedian-actor Eddie Murphy is 57. Rock singer-musician Mike Ness (Social Distortion) is 56. Rock singer Sebastian Bach is 50. Rock musician James MacDonough is 48. Olympic gold medal ski racer Picabo Street is 47. Actress Jennie Garth is 46. Actor Jamie Bamber is 45. Actor Adam Scott is 45. Christian rock musician Drew Shirley (Switchfoot) is 44. Comedian Aries Spears is 43. Actor Matthew Goode is 40. Actress Cobie Smulders is 36. Rock-pop singer Leona Lewis is 33. Actress Amanda Bynes is 32. Actress-comedian Rachel Bloom is 31. Actress Hayley Kiyoko is 27.
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 03, 2018, 07:14:03 AM
Thought for Today: "Our firmest convictions are apt to be the most suspect, they mark our limitations and our bounds. Life is a petty thing unless it is moved by the indomitable urge to extend its boundaries." - Jose Ortega y Gasset, Spanish philosopher (1883-1955).
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 03, 2018, 07:21:04 AM
Fine win last night to Villanova.  Donte DiVincenzo put on quite a show.
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 03, 2018, 07:22:58 AM
Thought for Today: "Our firmest convictions are apt to be the most suspect, they mark our limitations and our bounds. Life is a petty thing unless it is moved by the indomitable urge to extend its boundaries." - Jose Ortega y Gasset, Spanish philosopher (1883-1955).
#fakenews
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 03, 2018, 07:45:07 AM
Thought for Today: "Our firmest convictions are apt to be the most suspect, they mark our limitations and our bounds. Life is a petty thing unless it is moved by the indomitable urge to extend its boundaries." - Jose Ortega y Gasset, Spanish philosopher (1883-1955).
#fakenews
Isn't that the only kind of news there is?
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 03, 2018, 07:45:29 AM
Morning Dave, Tony and HereAndGoneDean.
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 03, 2018, 07:47:48 AM
Morning Dave, Tony and HereAndGoneDean.
Good morning, NJDave.

Who knew Doris Day was still alive?
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 03, 2018, 08:12:19 AM
Thought for Today: "Our firmest convictions are apt to be the most suspect, they mark our limitations and our bounds. Life is a petty thing unless it is moved by the indomitable urge to extend its boundaries." - Jose Ortega y Gasset, Spanish philosopher (1883-1955).
#fakenews
Isn't that the only kind of news there is?
In today's world, apparently. Also, we've always been at war with Eastasia.
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 03, 2018, 08:21:48 AM
Morning Dave, Tony and HereAndGoneDean.
Good morning, NJDave.

Who knew Doris Day was still alive?
I endeavor to keep you abreast of all Tony.
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 03, 2018, 08:54:25 AM
Off to a rather slow banter start... :(
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 03, 2018, 08:54:48 AM
Breakfast lulls are never good.
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 03, 2018, 08:59:56 AM
Off to a rather slow banter start... :(
Getting breakfast at work shortly. Our manager is trying to use our budget money before we get transferred to the other department in a couple of months. I feel like a Hobbit with my second breakfast.
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: ss2 on April 03, 2018, 09:03:22 AM
Good morning!  sorry, i noticed this morning that I left without sighning out.  big hurry to get out of here!  for the record, smoked a Puro Ambar toro on the ride last night.
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: Threebean on April 03, 2018, 09:14:02 AM
Morning Sam, ClemsonDave, and FrodoDave.  In San Antonio this morning,  stopped for breakfast to let the traffic subside.
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: Threebean on April 03, 2018, 09:15:39 AM
Off to a rather slow banter start... :(
Getting breakfast at work shortly. Our manager is trying to use our budget money before we get transferred to the other department in a couple of months. I feel like a Hobbit with my second breakfast.
I guess what you are given for breakfast will indicate how much budget money he's spending on the minions.

So hash browns being served with the Egg McMuffins?
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 03, 2018, 09:21:43 AM
Off to a rather slow banter start... :(
Getting breakfast at work shortly. Our manager is trying to use our budget money before we get transferred to the other department in a couple of months. I feel like a Hobbit with my second breakfast.
I guess what you are given for breakfast will indicate how much budget money he's spending on the minions.

So hash browns being served with the Egg McMuffins?
Nah, this is a catered spread done by the company that runs our cafeteria. A whole smattering of stuff. Smells delicious, about to go grab some.
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 03, 2018, 09:30:22 AM
Off to a rather slow banter start... :(
Getting breakfast at work shortly. Our manager is trying to use our budget money before we get transferred to the other department in a couple of months. I feel like a Hobbit with my second breakfast.
I guess what you are given for breakfast will indicate how much budget money he's spending on the minions.

So hash browns being served with the Egg McMuffins?
Nah, this is a catered spread done by the company that runs our cafeteria. A whole smattering of stuff. Smells delicious, about to go grab some.
The spread.
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 03, 2018, 09:30:36 AM
Good morning!  sorry, i noticed this morning that I left without sighning out.  big hurry to get out of here!  for the record, smoked a Puro Ambar toro on the ride last night.
Thanks for the update, I was left hanging not knowing your choice yesterday.....lol   ;)
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 03, 2018, 09:30:47 AM
Morning Sam.
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 03, 2018, 09:32:17 AM
Morning Sam, ClemsonDave, and FrodoDave.  In San Antonio this morning,  stopped for breakfast to let the traffic subside.
Many Villanova crazies still roaming around?  Figure might be a little early for them to start moving.
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 03, 2018, 09:33:02 AM
Off to a rather slow banter start... :(
Getting breakfast at work shortly. Our manager is trying to use our budget money before we get transferred to the other department in a couple of months. I feel like a Hobbit with my second breakfast.
I guess what you are given for breakfast will indicate how much budget money he's spending on the minions.

So hash browns being served with the Egg McMuffins?
Nah, this is a catered spread done by the company that runs our cafeteria. A whole smattering of stuff. Smells delicious, about to go grab some.
How big is that budget?  You getting lunch too?
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 03, 2018, 09:33:54 AM
Off to a rather slow banter start... :(
Getting breakfast at work shortly. Our manager is trying to use our budget money before we get transferred to the other department in a couple of months. I feel like a Hobbit with my second breakfast.
I guess what you are given for breakfast will indicate how much budget money he's spending on the minions.

So hash browns being served with the Egg McMuffins?
Nah, this is a catered spread done by the company that runs our cafeteria. A whole smattering of stuff. Smells delicious, about to go grab some.
The spread.
Hopefully that's a whole grain muffin.
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 03, 2018, 09:34:17 AM
Moring OnTheRoadAgainBean.
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 03, 2018, 09:42:06 AM
Off to a rather slow banter start... :(
Getting breakfast at work shortly. Our manager is trying to use our budget money before we get transferred to the other department in a couple of months. I feel like a Hobbit with my second breakfast.
I guess what you are given for breakfast will indicate how much budget money he's spending on the minions.

So hash browns being served with the Egg McMuffins?
Nah, this is a catered spread done by the company that runs our cafeteria. A whole smattering of stuff. Smells delicious, about to go grab some.
The spread.
Hopefully that's a whole grain muffin.
Is chocolate a grain?
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 03, 2018, 09:42:30 AM
Off to a rather slow banter start... :(
Getting breakfast at work shortly. Our manager is trying to use our budget money before we get transferred to the other department in a couple of months. I feel like a Hobbit with my second breakfast.
I guess what you are given for breakfast will indicate how much budget money he's spending on the minions.

So hash browns being served with the Egg McMuffins?
Nah, this is a catered spread done by the company that runs our cafeteria. A whole smattering of stuff. Smells delicious, about to go grab some.
How big is that budget?  You getting lunch too?
Lol, budget is definitely not big enough for 2 meals.
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 03, 2018, 09:59:19 AM
Off to a rather slow banter start... :(
Getting breakfast at work shortly. Our manager is trying to use our budget money before we get transferred to the other department in a couple of months. I feel like a Hobbit with my second breakfast.
I guess what you are given for breakfast will indicate how much budget money he's spending on the minions.

So hash browns being served with the Egg McMuffins?
Nah, this is a catered spread done by the company that runs our cafeteria. A whole smattering of stuff. Smells delicious, about to go grab some.
How big is that budget?  You getting lunch too?
Lol, budget is definitely not big enough for 2 meals.
Maybe they can alternate?
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: ss2 on April 03, 2018, 10:03:40 AM
Good morning!  sorry, i noticed this morning that I left without sighning out.  big hurry to get out of here!  for the record, smoked a Puro Ambar toro on the ride last night.
Thanks for the update, I was left hanging not knowing your choice yesterday.....lol   ;)
Yeah, the suspense was killing me as well.   :o
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 03, 2018, 10:13:02 AM
Off to a rather slow banter start... :(
Getting breakfast at work shortly. Our manager is trying to use our budget money before we get transferred to the other department in a couple of months. I feel like a Hobbit with my second breakfast.
I guess what you are given for breakfast will indicate how much budget money he's spending on the minions.

So hash browns being served with the Egg McMuffins?
Nah, this is a catered spread done by the company that runs our cafeteria. A whole smattering of stuff. Smells delicious, about to go grab some.
The spread.
Hopefully that's a whole grain muffin.
Is chocolate a grain?
Sure, why not.
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 03, 2018, 10:16:50 AM
Off to a rather slow banter start... :(
Getting breakfast at work shortly. Our manager is trying to use our budget money before we get transferred to the other department in a couple of months. I feel like a Hobbit with my second breakfast.
I guess what you are given for breakfast will indicate how much budget money he's spending on the minions.

So hash browns being served with the Egg McMuffins?
Nah, this is a catered spread done by the company that runs our cafeteria. A whole smattering of stuff. Smells delicious, about to go grab some.
How big is that budget?  You getting lunch too?
Lol, budget is definitely not big enough for 2 meals.
Maybe they can alternate?
I'm hoping we get a bigger budget when we change buildings. Lol
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: razgueado on April 03, 2018, 10:40:41 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: ss2 on April 03, 2018, 10:47:56 AM
Holts has a few Maddies for what may be semi reasonable.  https://www.holts.com/specials/1-day-flash-sale.html?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=https%3A//emma-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/pr0cb/f8e855527d7a6be55b5e8430187940e3/Maduro_Meltdown_Mega_Sale_April_03.jpg&utm_campaign=FS040318
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: ss2 on April 03, 2018, 10:48:17 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Raz!
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: razgueado on April 03, 2018, 10:49:15 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Raz!
Morning, Sam.
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 03, 2018, 10:56:32 AM
Holts has a few Maddies for what may be semi reasonable.  https://www.holts.com/specials/1-day-flash-sale.html?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=https%3A//emma-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/pr0cb/f8e855527d7a6be55b5e8430187940e3/Maduro_Meltdown_Mega_Sale_April_03.jpg&utm_campaign=FS040318
$3 per on the Nat Shermans is a pretty good deal, IMFO.
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 03, 2018, 10:59:20 AM
Off to a rather slow banter start... :(
Getting breakfast at work shortly. Our manager is trying to use our budget money before we get transferred to the other department in a couple of months. I feel like a Hobbit with my second breakfast.
There are worse problems.
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 03, 2018, 11:06:44 AM

Off to a rather slow banter start... :(
Getting breakfast at work shortly. Our manager is trying to use our budget money before we get transferred to the other department in a couple of months. I feel like a Hobbit with my second breakfast.
I guess what you are given for breakfast will indicate how much budget money he's spending on the minions.

So hash browns being served with the Egg McMuffins?
Nah, this is a catered spread done by the company that runs our cafeteria. A whole smattering of stuff. Smells delicious, about to go grab some.

TWHS
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 03, 2018, 11:12:56 AM

Off to a rather slow banter start... :(
Getting breakfast at work shortly. Our manager is trying to use our budget money before we get transferred to the other department in a couple of months. I feel like a Hobbit with my second breakfast.
I guess what you are given for breakfast will indicate how much budget money he's spending on the minions.

So hash browns being served with the Egg McMuffins?
Nah, this is a catered spread done by the company that runs our cafeteria. A whole smattering of stuff. Smells delicious, about to go grab some.

TWHS
LALTS #PresidentialGrabbing
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 03, 2018, 11:13:10 AM
Good morning!  sorry, i noticed this morning that I left without sighning out.  big hurry to get out of here!  for the record, smoked a Puro Ambar toro on the ride last night.
Good morning, Sam.
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 03, 2018, 11:13:22 AM
Off to a rather slow banter start... :(
Getting breakfast at work shortly. Our manager is trying to use our budget money before we get transferred to the other department in a couple of months. I feel like a Hobbit with my second breakfast.
There are worse problems.
Yeah, it certainly didn't suck. Had to go back for seconds on the potatoes, because they were amazing.
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 03, 2018, 11:38:53 AM
Morning RevRaz.
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: razgueado on April 03, 2018, 11:43:11 AM
Morning RevRaz.
Morning PommesDave.
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 03, 2018, 11:53:59 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Good morning, Raz.
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 03, 2018, 11:55:50 AM
Holts has a few Maddies for what may be semi reasonable.  https://www.holts.com/specials/1-day-flash-sale.html?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=https%3A//emma-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/pr0cb/f8e855527d7a6be55b5e8430187940e3/Maduro_Meltdown_Mega_Sale_April_03.jpg&utm_campaign=FS040318
$3 per on the Nat Shermans is a pretty good deal, IMFO.
Daily Cigar Deals from SCTex' new favorite site:

http://www.grnewsletters.com/archive/daily_cigar_deals/LFD-5-Packs-601-La-Bomba-Steve-Saka-Blends-a-Nicaraguan-Sampler-and-All-Altadis-Products-on-Sale-Today-553122605.html?e=&u=hLRnM&s=80uy0M
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: razgueado on April 03, 2018, 11:58:15 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Good morning, Raz.
Good morning, Mr. Mayor.
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: Threebean on April 03, 2018, 12:12:18 PM
Morning Sam, ClemsonDave, and FrodoDave.  In San Antonio this morning,  stopped for breakfast to let the traffic subside.
Many Villanova crazies still roaming around?  Figure might be a little early for them to start moving.
No, but I passed a Suburban heading north with Michigan plates.  Too bad, so sad.
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 03, 2018, 12:16:18 PM
Morning Sam, ClemsonDave, and FrodoDave.  In San Antonio this morning,  stopped for breakfast to let the traffic subside.
Many Villanova crazies still roaming around?  Figure might be a little early for them to start moving.
No, but I passed a Suburban heading north with Michigan plates.  Too bad, so sad.
Now that's a fan.
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 03, 2018, 12:35:46 PM
Morning Sam, ClemsonDave, and FrodoDave.  In San Antonio this morning,  stopped for breakfast to let the traffic subside.
Many Villanova crazies still roaming around?  Figure might be a little early for them to start moving.
No, but I passed a Suburban heading north with Michigan plates.  Too bad, so sad.
Now that's a fan.
Well it's not like they could really cover the plates.
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 03, 2018, 12:36:30 PM
Tee times out for Thursday and Friday.

http://www.masters.com/en_US/players/pairings/index.html
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: flip from jersey on April 03, 2018, 12:55:01 PM
Morning Dave, Tony and HereAndGoneDean.
Good morning, NJDave.

Who knew Doris Day was still alive?
That's OK, Rock Hudson is still dead...
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 03, 2018, 01:00:30 PM
Tee times out for Thursday and Friday.

http://www.masters.com/en_US/players/pairings/index.html
Well I learnt something new. Didn't realize England had a flag that was just white with a red cross.
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 03, 2018, 01:01:17 PM
Morning Dave, Tony and HereAndGoneDean.
Good morning, NJDave.

Who knew Doris Day was still alive?
That's OK, Rock Hudson is still dead...
Good afternoon, Flip.
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 03, 2018, 01:14:16 PM
Tee times out for Thursday and Friday.

http://www.masters.com/en_US/players/pairings/index.html
Well I learnt something new. Didn't realize England had a flag that was just white with a red cross.
See, there you go.
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: Threebean on April 03, 2018, 01:24:17 PM
Morning Dave, Tony and HereAndGoneDean.
Good morning, NJDave.

Who knew Doris Day was still alive?
That's OK, Rock Hudson is still dead...
CNS
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: Threebean on April 03, 2018, 01:28:09 PM
Tee times out for Thursday and Friday.

http://www.masters.com/en_US/players/pairings/index.html
Dang, 87 golfers?  Not that I know schitt about golf, but that seems like a big field.
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 03, 2018, 01:28:50 PM
Take your pick as to what you want to celebrate...

NATIONAL FILM SCORE DAY

NATIONAL FIND A RAINBOW DAY

WORLD PARTY DAY

NATIONAL TWEED DAY

NATIONAL CHOCOLATE MOUSSE DAY
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 03, 2018, 01:29:43 PM
Morning Dave, Tony and HereAndGoneDean.
Good morning, NJDave.

Who knew Doris Day was still alive?
That's OK, Rock Hudson is still dead...
Good day Mr. Flip.  What's for lunch?
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 03, 2018, 01:32:00 PM
Tee times out for Thursday and Friday.

http://www.masters.com/en_US/players/pairings/index.html
Well I learnt something new. Didn't realize England had a flag that was just white with a red cross.
Thought that was Switzerland....
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 03, 2018, 01:33:14 PM
Tee times out for Thursday and Friday.

http://www.masters.com/en_US/players/pairings/index.html
Well I learnt something new. Didn't realize England had a flag that was just white with a red cross.
Thought that was Switzerland....
Denmark, red with a white cross...
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 03, 2018, 01:33:32 PM
Tee times out for Thursday and Friday.

http://www.masters.com/en_US/players/pairings/index.html
Dang, 87 golfers?  Not that I know schitt about golf, but that seems like a big field.
Actually, that's the smallest Masters field in quite some time, since there are only so many ways you can qualify for it. Normal events run about 150 golfers at the outset.

EDIT: The Masters usually runs with fields in the 90s.
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 03, 2018, 01:34:24 PM
Take your pick as to what you want to celebrate...

NATIONAL FILM SCORE DAY

NATIONAL FIND A RAINBOW DAY

WORLD PARTY DAY

NATIONAL TWEED DAY

NATIONAL CHOCOLATE MOUSSE DAY
I think if you celebrate at all, we'll go ahead and count that under World Party Day.
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 03, 2018, 01:35:19 PM
Tee times out for Thursday and Friday.

http://www.masters.com/en_US/players/pairings/index.html
Well I learnt something new. Didn't realize England had a flag that was just white with a red cross.
Thought that was Switzerland....
Denmark, red with a white cross...
Norway, red with blue cross...
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 03, 2018, 01:37:15 PM
Tee times out for Thursday and Friday.

http://www.masters.com/en_US/players/pairings/index.html
Well I learnt something new. Didn't realize England had a flag that was just white with a red cross.
Thought that was Switzerland....
Denmark, red with a white cross...
Norway, red with blue cross...
Sweden a blue field with yellow cross...
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 03, 2018, 01:38:54 PM
Tee times out for Thursday and Friday.

http://www.masters.com/en_US/players/pairings/index.html
Well I learnt something new. Didn't realize England had a flag that was just white with a red cross.
Thought that was Switzerland....
Denmark, red with a white cross...
Norway, red with blue cross...
Sweden a blue field with yellow cross...
But the Union Jack is as follows":

Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on April 03, 2018, 02:00:09 PM
I made it. the lady and two dogs. stopped more often for the lady to go than the dogs.
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: Threebean on April 03, 2018, 02:03:49 PM
Tee times out for Thursday and Friday.

http://www.masters.com/en_US/players/pairings/index.html
Well I learnt something new. Didn't realize England had a flag that was just white with a red cross.
Thought that was Switzerland....
Denmark, red with a white cross...
Norway, red with blue cross...
Sweden a blue field with yellow cross...
But the Union Jack is as follows":
Good point, isn't this the UK flag?  What's with the "England" flag?  I'm starting to think that's a f'kup.

Edit: "England is a country that is part of the United Kingdom".  So, like a state, then. Sheesh.
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 03, 2018, 02:16:08 PM
Tee times out for Thursday and Friday.

http://www.masters.com/en_US/players/pairings/index.html
Well I learnt something new. Didn't realize England had a flag that was just white with a red cross.
Thought that was Switzerland....
Denmark, red with a white cross...
Norway, red with blue cross...
Sweden a blue field with yellow cross...
But the Union Jack is as follows":
Good point, isn't this the UK flag?  What's with the "England" flag?  I'm starting to think that's a f'kup.

Edit: "England is a country that is part of the United Kingdom".  So, like a state, then. Sheesh.
Welcome to another fun-filled episode of Sheldon Cooper presents Fun with Flags.

(https://i.ytimg.com/vi/gHhzgFeSABM/maxresdefault.jpg)
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 03, 2018, 02:16:11 PM
Take your pick as to what you want to celebrate...

NATIONAL FILM SCORE DAY

NATIONAL FIND A RAINBOW DAY

WORLD PARTY DAY

NATIONAL TWEED DAY

NATIONAL CHOCOLATE MOUSSE DAY
I'm going with the mousse.
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 03, 2018, 02:18:10 PM
Tee times out for Thursday and Friday.

http://www.masters.com/en_US/players/pairings/index.html
Well I learnt something new. Didn't realize England had a flag that was just white with a red cross.
Thought that was Switzerland....
Denmark, red with a white cross...
Norway, red with blue cross...
Sweden a blue field with yellow cross...
But the Union Jack is as follows":
Good point, isn't this the UK flag?  What's with the "England" flag?  I'm starting to think that's a f'kup.

Edit: "England is a country that is part of the United Kingdom".  So, like a state, then. Sheesh.
Exactly my confusion. Who knew?
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 03, 2018, 02:19:05 PM
Small Batch Cigar specials for today:

Today we one special on three brands!

 CODE: Tuesday = 19% off plus 5% reward points on Black Label, Chogui, MLB Cigars!
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 03, 2018, 02:23:04 PM
Hazzuh!
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 03, 2018, 02:34:39 PM
Hazzuh!
I've got at least 90 minutes before I can hazzuh, plus I didn't get breakfast. WTF?
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: ss2 on April 03, 2018, 02:38:36 PM
Hazzuh!
C-YA Dave!
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: ss2 on April 03, 2018, 02:39:59 PM
Hazzuh!
I've got at least 90 minutes before I can hazzuh, plus I didn't get breakfast. WTF?
Well no wonder you're irritable today...
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 03, 2018, 02:49:04 PM
Tee times out for Thursday and Friday.

http://www.masters.com/en_US/players/pairings/index.html
Well I learnt something new. Didn't realize England had a flag that was just white with a red cross.
Thought that was Switzerland....
Denmark, red with a white cross...
Norway, red with blue cross...
Sweden a blue field with yellow cross...
But the Union Jack is as follows":
Good point, isn't this the UK flag?  What's with the "England" flag?  I'm starting to think that's a f'kup.

Edit: "England is a country that is part of the United Kingdom".  So, like a state, then. Sheesh.
Exactly my confusion. Who knew?
The flag of England is derived from St George's Cross. The association of the red cross as an emblem of England can be traced back to the Middle Ages, and it was used as a component in the design of the Union Flag in 1606. Since the 1990s it has been in increasingly wide use, particularly at national sporting events.
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 03, 2018, 02:50:01 PM
Flags of Scotland, Ireland and Wales.
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 03, 2018, 02:50:58 PM
Hazzuh!
I've got at least 90 minutes before I can hazzuh, plus I didn't get breakfast. WTF?
Well no wonder you're irritable today...
That and his underwear keep riding up.
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: Threebean on April 03, 2018, 02:51:24 PM
Hazzuh!
I've got at least 90 minutes before I can hazzuh, plus I didn't get breakfast. WTF?
Well no wonder you're irritable today...
Get this boy some chocolate mousse, stat.
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 03, 2018, 03:09:20 PM
Hazzuh!
I've got at least 90 minutes before I can hazzuh, plus I didn't get breakfast. WTF?
Well no wonder you're irritable today...
Get this boy some chocolate mousse, stat.
Now we're all on the same page.
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: Threebean on April 03, 2018, 03:33:01 PM
Flags of Scotland, Ireland and Wales.
Thank you, SheldonDave.
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 03, 2018, 03:37:52 PM
Flags of Scotland, Ireland and Wales.
Thank you, SheldonDave.
Anything to get to page 7 and beyond.... :P
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: Threebean on April 03, 2018, 04:10:38 PM
Flags of Scotland, Ireland and Wales.
Thank you, SheldonDave.
Anything to get to page 7 and beyond.... :P
(https://i.ytimg.com/vi/eSOg8iNvQSg/maxresdefault.jpg)
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: ss2 on April 03, 2018, 04:11:06 PM
Think I'm clocking pout early today.    may just fire up a GH Vintage 2002 churchill.  later gators!  (no team allusions there, just rymin simon.)
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 03, 2018, 04:46:06 PM
Think I'm clocking pout early today.    may just fire up a GH Vintage 2002 churchill.  later gators!  (no team allusions there, just rymin simon.)
+1 except for the cigar part.
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 03, 2018, 04:48:48 PM
Think I'm clocking pout early today.    may just fire up a GH Vintage 2002 churchill.  later gators!  (no team allusions there, just rymin simon.)
+1 except for the cigar part.
But we don't judge....do we Tony?   ???
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 03, 2018, 04:51:32 PM
San Bruno police respond to 'active shooter' at YouTube headquarters.
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 03, 2018, 06:37:45 PM
Oh shit, I forgot we were jamming. Decent deal up now too...

La Aroma de Cuba Mi Amor Duque (Robusto) (5.2"x56)
5/$30.00
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: Threebean on April 03, 2018, 09:30:36 PM
Jam deal lull.  A little redundant.
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: razgueado on April 03, 2018, 09:46:52 PM
Brutal day. Whiskey's helping.
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: Threebean on April 03, 2018, 09:58:23 PM
Brutal day. Whiskey's helping.
Sorry to hear that, raz.  Warden and I hit happy hour at a favorite place (Travellin'Dave and SCDave are familiar), but that was a long time ago, so G&T chaser.
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: razgueado on April 03, 2018, 10:05:19 PM
Brutal day. Whiskey's helping.
Sorry to hear that, raz.  Warden and I hit happy hour at a favorite place (Travellin'Dave and SCDave are familiar), but that was a long time ago, so G&T chaser.
Hmm. I've got some Gin and Tonic here. That sounds lovely. Think I will.
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 03, 2018, 10:17:30 PM
Brutal day. Whiskey's helping.
Sorry to hear that, raz.  Warden and I hit happy hour at a favorite place (Travellin'Dave and SCDave are familiar), but that was a long time ago, so G&T chaser.
Hmm. I've got some Gin and Tonic here. That sounds lovely. Think I will.
Hmmm. +1
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: Threebean on April 03, 2018, 10:20:37 PM
Brutal day. Whiskey's helping.
Sorry to hear that, raz.  Warden and I hit happy hour at a favorite place (Travellin'Dave and SCDave are familiar), but that was a long time ago, so G&T chaser.
Hmm. I've got some Gin and Tonic here. That sounds lovely. Think I will.
Trying various gins I eventually stumbled upon Ke, which is wonderful.  Highly recommended if you can find it. http://mysteriouske.com/products/ (http://mysteriouske.com/products/)

https://www.drinkhacker.com/2016/01/03/review-ke-gin/ (https://www.drinkhacker.com/2016/01/03/review-ke-gin/)

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/ke-spirits-launches-groundbreaking-new-gin-in-the-dfw-area-300074970.html (https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/ke-spirits-launches-groundbreaking-new-gin-in-the-dfw-area-300074970.html)
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: razgueado on April 03, 2018, 10:57:02 PM
Brutal day. Whiskey's helping.
Sorry to hear that, raz.  Warden and I hit happy hour at a favorite place (Travellin'Dave and SCDave are familiar), but that was a long time ago, so G&T chaser.
Hmm. I've got some Gin and Tonic here. That sounds lovely. Think I will.
Hmmm. +1
GTs for everybody!
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: razgueado on April 03, 2018, 10:57:55 PM
Brutal day. Whiskey's helping.
Sorry to hear that, raz.  Warden and I hit happy hour at a favorite place (Travellin'Dave and SCDave are familiar), but that was a long time ago, so G&T chaser.
Hmm. I've got some Gin and Tonic here. That sounds lovely. Think I will.
Trying various gins I eventually stumbled upon Ke, which is wonderful.  Highly recommended if you can find it. http://mysteriouske.com/products/ (http://mysteriouske.com/products/)

https://www.drinkhacker.com/2016/01/03/review-ke-gin/ (https://www.drinkhacker.com/2016/01/03/review-ke-gin/)

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/ke-spirits-launches-groundbreaking-new-gin-in-the-dfw-area-300074970.html (https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/ke-spirits-launches-groundbreaking-new-gin-in-the-dfw-area-300074970.html)
I'll have to find that. I also need to make another run to Bend and stock up on Crater Lake gin.
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 04, 2018, 12:04:16 AM
Now that the way to finish a banter day that's been open too long.....
....right Tony?
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 04, 2018, 12:04:43 AM
Are you managing the flip at the Sis as well?
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 04, 2018, 12:05:26 AM
Like this deal #1...

Bahia Connecticut Deluxe Churchill (7.0"x50) Box of 40
$9,999.99
In Stock
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 04, 2018, 12:06:03 AM
And deals #2 and #3 stuck from yesterday.
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 04, 2018, 12:06:38 AM
I think I can hear Tony snoring....
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 04, 2018, 12:07:37 AM
Maybe I'll do a whole page of after hours posting...
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 04, 2018, 12:16:52 AM
Must have been the G & Ts.
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 04, 2018, 12:20:40 AM
I know, Tony is morning the last episode of Fixer Upper....
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 04, 2018, 12:22:32 AM
Maybe we won't get a flip tonight at all....
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 04, 2018, 12:24:42 AM
Or the Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Tatum split....
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 04, 2018, 12:25:44 AM
Maybe gearing up for Augusta...
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 04, 2018, 12:27:08 AM
Or that Jersey Shore is back on...
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 04, 2018, 12:28:46 AM
Time for me to turn in.
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 04, 2018, 12:29:09 AM
Guess he'll give it the flip when he gets up in the morning...
Title: Re: 4/3/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 04, 2018, 12:29:31 AM
In any case, got another page tacked on.