CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]

Author Topic: 10/7/2015  (Read 23041 times)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
Re: 10/7/2015
« Reply #255 on: October 07, 2015, 10:17:51 PM »

Oh, evening everybody, good to be home!

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #256 on: October 07, 2015, 10:19:25 PM »

Oh, and started yesterday's herf off with an LT Corona, Herrera Estelli Robusto, and a Nica Rustuca short Robusto which was at least a 5 inch instead of the listed 4.5.  Herrera Estelli was a tasty smoke.

Love those Herrera Estellis.  I'm curious if you tasted raspberry thumbprint cookies?
He didn't mention it, but then again it might have been masked by some of the moonshine samples they were handing out....pumpkin, orange, raspberry, and the straight, 120 proof blue flame.....
That'll put hair on your chest.

Back home?  Smoking anything?

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #257 on: October 07, 2015, 10:19:40 PM »

Oh, and started yesterday's herf off with an LT Corona, Herrera Estelli Robusto, and a Nica Rustuca short Robusto which was at least a 5 inch instead of the listed 4.5.  Herrera Estelli was a tasty smoke.

Love those Herrera Estellis.  I'm curious if you tasted raspberry thumbprint cookies?
Can't say as I did.  Do get the sweet dried fruit flavor.
Dave and I did discuss the black cherry flavor in the Liga Privadas which was part of a general discussion of how some lines of cigars always have a particular flavor profile and how they process their tobaccos to come up with that particular profile while enjoying the profile of a particularly well endowed waitress.
So raspberry thumbprint cookies dipped in milk?
Would have liked to have left a few thumbprints on her profile.  Just sayin'...
...and you can say that little white dress could cover for the milk dipping part.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #258 on: October 07, 2015, 10:21:05 PM »

He didn't mention it, but then again it might have been masked by some of the moonshine samples they were handing out....pumpkin, orange, raspberry, and the straight, 120 proof blue flame.....

Nice evening, got an Ave Maria to go with my Highland Park.  You finish your chores and get out yet?

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #259 on: October 07, 2015, 10:31:26 PM »

Nice evening, got an Ave Maria to go with my Highland Park.  You finish your chores and get out yet?
Yes sir.  Poland Spring will be here tomorrow so I had to put all the empties out.

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Why, I'd be delighted to put my needs last again!
« Reply #260 on: October 07, 2015, 10:42:55 PM »

While it ain't great and not even a good yard gar if you had to pay for it but this Inferno is not the worst cigar I ever smoked.
Resounding endorsement!
Makes me want to run out and buy a box!
Worth every bit of what I paid for it!
I would have paid five times what you did and still felt like I got a great deal.
Yeah, got FS too!  And I do have my limits because a while back I received a Kuba Kuba the same way so I tried it - one puff and done with that pos.  my God it was nasty
As the event last night was JdN/Drew, there were more than a few Acids around and passed through many a fru-fru aroma  when walking through the place.  Was at the bar for a bit waiting for CB's arrival and wouldn't you know it the guy that sat next to me fired up a Kuba Kuba.  Took all the control I had not to burst out laughing.
Dave thanked me for saving him from having to sit next to the Kuba Kuba anymore.  We went out on the deck overlooking the river.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #261 on: October 07, 2015, 10:43:36 PM »

While it ain't great and not even a good yard gar if you had to pay for it but this Inferno is not the worst cigar I ever smoked.
Resounding endorsement!
I would have paid five times what you did and still felt like I got a great deal.
Yeah, got FS too!  And I do have my limits because a while back I received a Kuba Kuba the same way so I tried it - one puff and done with that pos.  my God it was nasty
As the event last night was JdN/Drew, there were more than a few Acids around and passed through many a fru-fru aroma  when walking through the place.  Was at the bar for a bit waiting for CB's arrival and wouldn't you know it the guy that sat next to me fired up a Kuba Kuba.  Took all the control I had not to burst out laughing.
Dave thanked me for saving him from having to sit next to the Kuba Kuba anymore.  We went out on the deck overlooking the river.
Sounds romantic.

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Why, I'd be delighted to put my needs last again!
« Reply #262 on: October 07, 2015, 10:48:54 PM »

Resounding endorsement!
Sounds romantic.
A sausage-free event!

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #263 on: October 07, 2015, 10:50:51 PM »

Resounding endorsement!
Sounds romantic.
A sausage-free event!
No white whale sightings?

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #264 on: October 07, 2015, 11:10:48 PM »

Resounding endorsement!
Sounds romantic.
I don't kiss and tell Tony.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #265 on: October 07, 2015, 11:20:21 PM »

Resounding endorsement!
Sounds romantic.
I don't kiss and tell Tony.
I appreciate that.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #266 on: October 07, 2015, 11:51:40 PM »

Time to call it a night.  See ya in the AM
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]