Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2024, 08:41:49 AM »

Holy crap. I just read about the bridge collapse in Baltimore. Crazy stuff.

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2024, 08:45:44 AM »

Morning, not sure if it's good yet.
Based on how long it's taking me to get my computer up and running correctly, I'm leaning towards not.

Morning, UnsureYetRick, fellow twofers.
We just lost power, probably because of some serious wind right now, so I'm definitely leaning towards not at the moment.

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2024, 09:10:43 AM »

In other news, we can smell this at our house. And it's irritating the wife because there's no power to the fans in the bedroom to blow the smell out.

https://www.wkyc.com/article/news/local/cuyahoga-county/fire-i-480-valley-view-bridge-flames/95-e67b32c0-ebbc-40c5-97a1-e9af2f243667

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2024, 09:33:01 AM »

Morning, not sure if it's good yet.
Based on how long it's taking me to get my computer up and running correctly, I'm leaning towards not.

Morning, UnsureYetRick, fellow twofers.
We just lost power, probably because of some serious wind right now, so I'm definitely leaning towards not at the moment.
Do you get paid for power outage time?

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2024, 09:38:45 AM »

Morning, not sure if it's good yet.
Based on how long it's taking me to get my computer up and running correctly, I'm leaning towards not.

Morning, UnsureYetRick, fellow twofers.
We just lost power, probably because of some serious wind right now, so I'm definitely leaning towards not at the moment.
Do you get paid for power outage time?
As long as it doesn't last too long, yes.

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2024, 10:12:59 AM »

Today is Tuesday, March 26, the 84th day of 2024.
There are 280 days left in the year.

Today in History:
On March 26, 1997, the bodies of 39 members of the Heaven’s Gate techno-religious cult who committed suicide were found inside a rented mansion in Rancho Santa Fe, California.

On this date:
In 1812, an earthquake devastated Caracas, Venezuela, causing an estimated 26,000 deaths, according to the U.S. Geological Survey.

In 1827, composer Ludwig van Beethoven died in Vienna at age 56.

In 1945, during World War II, Iwo Jima was fully secured by U.S. forces following a final, desperate attack by Japanese soldiers.

In 1962, the U.S. Supreme Court, in Baker v. Carr, gave federal courts the power to order reapportionment of states’ legislative districts.

In 1973, the soap opera “The Young and the Restless” premiered on CBS-TV.

In 1979, a peace treaty was signed by Israeli Prime Minister Menachem Begin and Egyptian President Anwar Sadat and witnessed by President Jimmy Carter at the White House.

In 1982, groundbreaking ceremonies took place in Washington, D.C., for the Vietnam Veterans Memorial.

In 1988, Jesse Jackson stunned fellow Democrats by soundly defeating Michael S. Dukakis in Michigan’s Democratic presidential caucuses.

In 1992, a judge in Indianapolis sentenced former heavyweight boxing champion Mike Tyson to six years in prison for raping a Miss Black America contestant. (Tyson ended up serving three years.)

In 2010, the U.S. and Russia sealed the first major nuclear weapons treaty in nearly two decades, agreeing to slash the former Cold War rivals’ warhead arsenals by nearly one-third.

In 2013, Italy’s top criminal court overturned the acquittal of American Amanda Knox in the grisly murder of British roommate Meredith Kercher and ordered Knox to stand trial again. (Although convicted in absentia, Knox was exonerated by the Italian Supreme Court in 2015.)

In 2014, Osama bin Laden’s son-in-law, Sulaiman Abu Ghaith (SOO’-lay-mahn AH’-boo gayth), was convicted in New York for his role as al-Qaida’s fiery chief spokesman after 9/11. (He was later sentenced to life in prison.)

In 2018, a toxicology report obtained by The Associated Press revealed that the late pop superstar Prince had levels of fentanyl in his body that multiple experts described as “exceedingly high.”

In 2020, the U.S. surpassed official Chinese government numbers to become the country with the most reported coronavirus infections.

In 2021, Dominion Voting Systems filed a $1.6 billion defamation lawsuit against Fox News, saying the cable news giant falsely claimed that the voting company rigged the 2020 election.

In 2022, President Joe Biden said in Poland that Vladimir Putin “cannot remain in power,” dramatically escalating the rhetoric against the Russian leader after his brutal invasion of Ukraine.

In 2023, Ukraine’s government called for an emergency meeting of the U.N. Security Council to “counter the Kremlin’s nuclear blackmail” after Russian President Vladimir Putin revealed plans to station tactical atomic weapons in Belarus.

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2024, 10:13:22 AM »

Today's Birthdays:

Singer Diana Ross is 80.
Singer Steven Tyler of Aerosmith is 76.
Singer-actor Vicki Lawrence is 75.
Actor Ernest Thomas (“Everybody Hates Chris,” ″What’s Happening”) is 75.
Country singer Ronnie McDowell is 74.
Actor Martin Short is 74.
Drummer Monte Yoho of The Outlaws is 72.
Country singer Dean Dillon is 69.
Country singer Charly McClain is 68.
Talk show host Leeza Gibbons is 67.
Actor Ellia English (“The Jamie Foxx Show,” ″Curb Your Enthusiasm”) is 65.
Actor Jennifer Grey is 64.
Actor Billy Warlock (“Baywatch”) is 63.
Actor Eric Allan Kramer (“The Hughleys”) is 62.
Actor Michael Imperioli (“Life on Mars,” ″The Sopranos”) is 58.
Country singer Kenny Chesney is 56.
Guitarist James Iha of Smashing Pumpkins is 56.
Actor Leslie Mann (“Knocked Up,” ″This Is 40″) is 52.
Actor T.R. Knight (“Grey’s Anatomy”) is 51.
Rapper Juvenile is 49.
Actor Amy Smart (“Road Trip,” ″Felicity”) is 48.
Actor Bianca Kajlich (“Rules of Engagement,” ″Boston Public”) is 47.
“Face the Nation” moderator Margaret Brennan is 44.
Actor Keira Knightley is 39.
Rapper J-Kwon is 38.
Actor Carly Chaikin (“Mr. Robot,” “Suburgatory”) is 34.

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2024, 10:13:34 AM »

Today's Over/Under is 11
Raz' Over/Under is 15

« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2024, 10:18:44 AM »

Today's Over/Under is 11
Raz' Over/Under is 15
12

« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2024, 10:38:33 AM »

And the power has been restored. Just in time for a team meeting in 20 minutes. Lol

« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2024, 10:53:03 AM »

« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2024, 11:36:14 AM »

Morning, muchachos.

« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2024, 11:36:36 AM »

Connections
Puzzle #289
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟪🟪🟪🟪

« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2024, 11:37:30 AM »

Wordle 1,011 3/6

⬛🟩⬛⬛⬛
⬛🟩⬛⬛🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2024, 11:39:04 AM »

Morning, muchachos.
Morning, Page2Raz.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4