Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

« Reply #60 on: July 24, 2022, 07:45:41 PM »

Enumclaw, the little town I live in, is about 40 miles south and east of Seattle, about 20 miles east of Tacoma. Historically, it's a one-horse town, a logging town and a dairy town, and then, since the 1960s, a bedroom community for airline pilots. Logging is pretty much dead. We still have dairies. But it's been gentrifying over the past ten years, such that now we actually have some destination restaurants...including Il Siciliano.

An Italian/Sicilian restaurant on the west coast, you ask doubtfully? Yes. Owned and managed by real Sicilian, first generation immigrants, cooking, they claim, from grandma's recipes. It's pretty amazing, which is saying a lot because until they came to town, my favorite Italian restaurant was in Binghamton NY.

#1 son and I decided to have a late lunch there today. Pizza and beer. Not Italian beer, a local pilsner that went with pizza really well. And the pizza was amazing.

And no, that's not pineapple on the Margherita. It's chunks of Mozzarell'.

Looks delicious. You've mentioned this Siciliano before and I believe you.

« Reply #61 on: July 24, 2022, 07:46:53 PM »

And stay away from that Peroni bullshit.

« Reply #62 on: July 24, 2022, 09:09:15 PM »

#1 son and I decided to have a late lunch there today. Pizza and beer. Not Italian beer, a local pilsner that went with pizza really well. And the pizza was amazing.

And no, that's not pineapple on the Margherita. It's chunks of Mozzarell'.

Cmon now...we know Mozzarel....

« Reply #63 on: July 24, 2022, 09:10:20 PM »

And stay away from that Peroni bullshit.
Washington has too many good brews to go that route.

« Reply #64 on: July 24, 2022, 09:12:51 PM »

Time to start fumigating for mosquitos.

« Reply #65 on: July 24, 2022, 09:13:34 PM »

300 Manos

« Reply #66 on: July 24, 2022, 10:48:26 PM »

Into the evening.

« Reply #67 on: July 24, 2022, 11:11:09 PM »

300 Manos

You got your package or is that from earlier?
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]