CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21

Author Topic: 1/10/2015  (Read 56558 times)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
Re: 1/10/2015
« Reply #270 on: January 10, 2015, 09:15:12 PM »

Evening men, between games. Sipping Johnnie Red on the rocks. The French dips were awesome and the kitchen still smells like delicious beef
Did you ever post the damn recipe?
Some big deal family secret recipe.  I got the link from him, tho.  http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/slow-cooker-easy-french-dip-sandwiches/ac2aa614-e548-4b01-9ded-b201e640be2e
Thanks, Dave.  That Scott is fucking useless.
Some things happen behind the scenes
I gotta know.  Do you add the provolone to your sammich?

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #271 on: January 10, 2015, 09:20:11 PM »

Evening men, between games. Sipping Johnnie Red on the rocks. The French dips were awesome and the kitchen still smells like delicious beef
Did you ever post the damn recipe?
Some big deal family secret recipe.  I got the link from him, tho.  http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/slow-cooker-easy-french-dip-sandwiches/ac2aa614-e548-4b01-9ded-b201e640be2e
Thanks, Dave.  That Scott is fucking useless.
Some things happen behind the scenes
I gotta know.  Do you add the provolone to your sammich?
Probably have to get YAD to ask him then relay the answer to you.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #272 on: January 10, 2015, 09:24:58 PM »

Think I will go to bed, have a good evening all.

Threebean

« Reply #273 on: January 10, 2015, 09:33:33 PM »

Think I will go to bed, have a good evening all.
See ya later, Mr. Platinum. I'm going to just get my evening started!  Yeehaaa!! 
OK, that's a bit over the top for drinking, eating popcorn, and watching TV. 

YAD

• Yet Another Member
  • Junior Status
  • White stars are the best
« Reply #274 on: January 10, 2015, 09:35:09 PM »

You guys ever smoke cigars here, or do you just talk about food and drinks?  Tat 10th Bon and a RR 6 yr on a few rocks here.

Threebean

« Reply #275 on: January 10, 2015, 09:46:54 PM »

You guys ever smoke cigars here, or do you just talk about food and drinks?  Tat 10th Bon and a RR 6 yr on a few rocks here.
We've been known to smoke a cigar between eating and drinking, sometimes during. What's RR 6 yr?

Threebean

« Reply #276 on: January 10, 2015, 09:49:16 PM »

(YAD, avert your eyes).  Tony, just made a martini, turned out quite good.  Beefeaters/Nolly Prat/jalapeno olives.

YAD

• Yet Another Member
  • Junior Status
« Reply #277 on: January 10, 2015, 09:52:29 PM »

We've been known to smoke a cigar between eating and drinking, sometimes during. What's RR 6 yr?
Russell's Reserve.  Good, caramelly rye sippin whiskey.

Threebean

« Reply #278 on: January 10, 2015, 10:00:08 PM »

I enjoy a corn whiskey called Brimstone, made by a Waco distillery. Balcones.  It's oak smoked.  Not sure how they do that, but it nice.

YAD

• Yet Another Member
  • Junior Status
« Reply #279 on: January 10, 2015, 10:03:36 PM »

I enjoy a corn whiskey called Brimstone, made by a Waco distillery. Balcones.  It's oak smoked.  Not sure how they do that, but it nice.
Sounds good, Mark.  I plan to see if us Yankees can get that up here.

Threebean

« Reply #280 on: January 10, 2015, 10:26:09 PM »

Don't see an IL distributor listed, but guess it could be mail ordered, though I think that's a pricey way to go. It's mid-$50's here as a frame of reference.  Not inexpensive regardless of how you buy.

YAD

• Yet Another Member
  • Junior Status
« Reply #281 on: January 10, 2015, 10:30:21 PM »

Don't see an IL distributor listed, but guess it could be mail ordered, though I think that's a pricey way to go. It's mid-$50's here as a frame of reference.  Not inexpensive regardless of how you buy.
There is a wholesaler listed for IL.  We have some pretty well-stocked liquor stores here, so chances are good.

Threebean

« Reply #282 on: January 10, 2015, 10:33:26 PM »

There is a wholesaler listed for IL.  We have some pretty well-stocked liquor stores here, so chances are good.
Just FYI, it's hard to find in stock here; you may have better luck.

YAD

• Yet Another Member
  • Junior Status
« Reply #283 on: January 10, 2015, 10:38:00 PM »

Just FYI, it's hard to find in stock here; you may have better luck.
The owner of the Tinder Box here has some really obscure stuff.  If he doesn't have it, he will order it for me.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #284 on: January 10, 2015, 10:41:52 PM »

(YAD, avert your eyes).  Tony, just made a martini, turned out quite good.  Beefeaters/Nolly Prat/jalapeno olives.
That sounds fantastic.  Need to get me some fancy olives.  I only just finished dinner.  I'll be making a martini in short order.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21