« Reply #150 on: January 10, 2015, 11:04:34 AM »

Good morning again boys. Just got done with all of my running around this morning, beef brisket in the crock pot for French dips later. I'm a bit hazy this morning, a bit too much scotch last night. Killed a bottle of Balvenie 14 yr with my BIL that was almost full. Thinking of braving the elements for a Tat Angeles
Fuk'n Purple Stars?

« Reply #151 on: January 10, 2015, 11:05:05 AM »

Good morning asteroids...!
DAD!!!!!
Howdy Shaun....  I guess all the ducks are ice skating today...?
So fucking cold - unbelievable!
I'm not much of a hunter, just presently starting with moles.  But if you could hunt ducks on ice skates, that might be kind'a fun.  A bunch of guys drinking and skating after ducks with shotguns sounds like allot of fun. Who wouldn't like doing that..?
Me

« Reply #152 on: January 10, 2015, 11:05:33 AM »

Alright I'm going to burn one, see you in a bit

« Reply #153 on: January 10, 2015, 11:06:30 AM »

Good morning again boys. Just got done with all of my running around this morning, beef brisket in the crock pot for French dips later. I'm a bit hazy this morning, a bit too much scotch last night. Killed a bottle of Balvenie 14 yr with my BIL that was almost full. Thinking of braving the elements for a Tat Angeles
Fuk'n Purple Stars?
Indeed, I like 'em thanks Tony

« Reply #154 on: January 10, 2015, 11:06:50 AM »

Good morning Scott.  French dip sounds pretty good...!
Morning BD. They come out great, very simple just beef broth and dry onion soup mix. The brisket costs about $40 from the butcher so it's not cheap but with some nice rolls it's fantastic
Sure sounds good

« Reply #155 on: January 10, 2015, 11:08:37 AM »

Good morning Scott.  French dip sounds pretty good...!
Morning BD. They come out great, very simple just beef broth and dry onion soup mix. The brisket costs about $40 from the butcher so it's not cheap but with some nice rolls it's fantastic
Sure sounds good
Yeah can't wait, will be nice while watching some football
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 1/10/2015
« Reply #156 on: January 10, 2015, 11:13:11 AM »

Good morning Scott.  French dip sounds pretty good...!
Morning BD. They come out great, very simple just beef broth and dry onion soup mix. The brisket costs about $40 from the butcher so it's not cheap but with some nice rolls it's fantastic
A brisket is a pretty big cut of meat, right...?  I bought one years ago, and I doubt that it would have fit into the crock pot..?   How long do you slow cook it...?

« Reply #157 on: January 10, 2015, 11:16:19 AM »

Good morning Scott.  French dip sounds pretty good...!
Morning BD. They come out great, very simple just beef broth and dry onion soup mix. The brisket costs about $40 from the butcher so it's not cheap but with some nice rolls it's fantastic
A brisket is a pretty big cut of meat, right...?  I bought one years ago, and I doubt that it would have fit into the crock pot..?   How long do you slow cook it...?
I bought a 5lb brisket and it fits but you have to kind of stuff it in there (don't say it). Cooks 8 hrs on low

« Reply #158 on: January 10, 2015, 11:21:38 AM »

Good morning again boys. Just got done with all of my running around this morning, beef brisket in the crock pot for French dips later. I'm a bit hazy this morning, a bit too much scotch last night. Killed a bottle of Balvenie 14 yr with my BIL that was almost full. Thinking of braving the elements for a Tat Angeles
Fuk'n Purple Stars?
Really!  Thought he would go for pink.  I'll hold out for orange myself.

« Reply #159 on: January 10, 2015, 11:22:15 AM »

I have the crock pot going myself but making green chili queso.

« Reply #160 on: January 10, 2015, 11:22:25 AM »

Good morning Scott.  French dip sounds pretty good...!
Morning BD. They come out great, very simple just beef broth and dry onion soup mix. The brisket costs about $40 from the butcher so it's not cheap but with some nice rolls it's fantastic
A brisket is a pretty big cut of meat, right...?  I bought one years ago, and I doubt that it would have fit into the crock pot..?   How long do you slow cook it...?
I bought a 5lb brisket and it fits but you have to kind of stuff it in there (don't say it). Cooks 8 hrs on low
Didn't figure you'd have any experience with that, but enjoy.
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 1/10/2015
« Reply #161 on: January 10, 2015, 11:25:55 AM »

Good morning Scott.  French dip sounds pretty good...!
Morning BD. They come out great, very simple just beef broth and dry onion soup mix. The brisket costs about $40 from the butcher so it's not cheap but with some nice rolls it's fantastic
A brisket is a pretty big cut of meat, right...?  I bought one years ago, and I doubt that it would have fit into the crock pot..?   How long do you slow cook it...?
I bought a 5lb brisket and it fits but you have to kind of stuff it in there (don't say it). Cooks 8 hrs on low
Thanks... I noted it in my recipe files for future use.. :)  I've only made one brisket, and it was slow cooked on the bbq for bbq beef sandwiches....  I started it at 7am, so I bet all of the neighbors was wondering what the hell I was doing.. :)  I think the guy on CigarObession has a slow cook bbq recipe too.  He's sitting on his patio smoking cigars and bbq'ing until 3 or 4 am..
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 1/10/2015
« Reply #162 on: January 10, 2015, 11:28:01 AM »

I have the crock pot going myself but making green chili queso.
All I've done is the breakfast dishes...  I haven't even thought about what to make later...?  Oh wait, I think I have a frozen Schwans family size lasagna in the freezer...!

« Reply #163 on: January 10, 2015, 11:28:34 AM »

Good morning again boys. Just got done with all of my running around this morning, beef brisket in the crock pot for French dips later. I'm a bit hazy this morning, a bit too much scotch last night. Killed a bottle of Balvenie 14 yr with my BIL that was almost full. Thinking of braving the elements for a Tat Angeles
Fuk'n Purple Stars?
Indeed, I like 'em thanks Tony
lol
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 1/10/2015
« Reply #164 on: January 10, 2015, 11:36:18 AM »

Good morning again boys. Just got done with all of my running around this morning, beef brisket in the crock pot for French dips later. I'm a bit hazy this morning, a bit too much scotch last night. Killed a bottle of Balvenie 14 yr with my BIL that was almost full. Thinking of braving the elements for a Tat Angeles
Fuk'n Purple Stars?
Indeed, I like 'em thanks Tony
lol
Good morning Dave...