CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on July 29, 2023, 12:04:50 AM

Title: 7/29/2023
Post by: CigarBanter on July 29, 2023, 12:04:50 AM
Title: Re: 7/29/2023
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 29, 2023, 08:23:49 AM
Good morning, banterland.
Title: Re: 7/29/2023
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 29, 2023, 08:26:32 AM
JoeCigar:

#31: La Aroma de Cuba and La Gloria Serie R - 10 / $42.50
includes:
5 - La Aroma de Cuba Robusto (5" x 54)
5 - La Gloria Cubana Serie R No. 5 Robusto (5.5" x 54)
Title: Re: 7/29/2023
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 29, 2023, 08:29:51 AM
Cigar.com:

Door #1 - Man O' War Robusto (5.5"x50) - 10 / $29.99

Door #2 - Oliva Serie 'V' Maduro Double Robusto (5.0"x54) - 10 / $59.99

Door #3 - Macanudo Inspirado Assortment - 10 / $39.99
includes:
2 x Macanudo Inspirado Orange Toro (6.0"x50)
2 x Macanudo Inspirado Red Toro (6.0"x50)
2 x Macanudo Inspirado Green Toro (6.0"x50)
2 x Macanudo Inspirado White Toro (6.5"x50)
2 x Macanudo Inspirado Black Toro (5.5"x54)
Title: Re: 7/29/2023
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 29, 2023, 08:31:42 AM
I'm not sure what the significance of #31 is for the JoeCigar offering.
Title: Re: 7/29/2023
Post by: razgueado on July 29, 2023, 08:39:56 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Title: Re: 7/29/2023
Post by: razgueado on July 29, 2023, 08:40:26 AM
Okay, let's break this down.

Wordle 770 3/6

⬛⬛🟨⬛⬛
⬛⬛⬛🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Title: Re: 7/29/2023
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 29, 2023, 08:47:20 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Good morning, Bret. Are you working this weekend?
Title: Re: 7/29/2023
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 29, 2023, 08:51:56 AM
Okay, let's break this down.

Wordle 770 3/6

⬛⬛🟨⬛⬛
⬛⬛⬛🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Wordle 770 3/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛🟨
⬛⬛🟨🟨⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Title: Re: 7/29/2023
Post by: razgueado on July 29, 2023, 08:55:53 AM
Spoiler alert.

I always start with the same word. I could make some hay by changing it up, but I'm a data guy. I play the statistics. My first guess always has two vowels.

But the first guess got me one letter, incorrectly placed. Not a good start. So I played vowels. Give me a word with my incorrectly placed letter, but two different vowels.

That got me two correctly placed letters, but only a "sometimes" vowel. The other two vowels went nowhere

At that point, there were ten possible solutions. But, knowing what I know of the game, only four. So I eliiminated the double-letter solutions for the second guess. No reason to do so, but I defer that way. That left two solutions, one of which was clearly more used than  the other. So I went with that. And...bingo.

Wordle 770 3/6

⬛⬛🟨⬛⬛
⬛⬛⬛🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Title: Re: 7/29/2023
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 29, 2023, 08:59:46 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Good morning, Bret. Are you working this weekend?
Perhaps you're up early to watch some women's FIFA?
Title: Re: 7/29/2023
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 29, 2023, 09:02:56 AM
[...]

I'm glad I was done. Please don't ever tell me what your initial guess is or it'll screw me up. As it is, I struggle to get my Wordle in each day before LTG.
Title: Re: 7/29/2023
Post by: razgueado on July 29, 2023, 09:08:21 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Good morning, Bret. Are you working this weekend?
No, killing wasps. That required some Dutch Courage, and given the heat, that meant Vodka. I overindulged, and woke up in my studio chair at 4am.
Title: Re: 7/29/2023
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 29, 2023, 09:09:42 AM
Morning, all.
Title: Re: 7/29/2023
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 29, 2023, 09:10:00 AM
Wordle 770 5/6*

⬛⬛⬛🟨⬛
⬛🟨⬛🟨🟨
🟨🟩⬛🟩🟩
⬛🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Title: Re: 7/29/2023
Post by: razgueado on July 29, 2023, 09:16:30 AM
Spoiler alert.

I always start with the same word. I could make some hay by changing it up, but I'm a data guy. I play the statistics. My first guess always has two vowels.

But the first guess got me one letter, incorrectly placed. Not a good start. So I played vowels. Give me a word with my incorrectly placed letter, but two different vowels.

That got me two correctly placed letters, but only a "sometimes" vowel. The other two vowels went nowhere

At that point, there were ten possible solutions. But, knowing what I know of the game, only four. So I eliiminated the double-letter solutions for the second guess. No reason to do so, but I defer that way. That left two solutions, one of which was clearly more used than  the other. So I went with that. And...bingo.

Wordle 770 3/6

🟨
🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
I'm glad I was done. Please don't ever tell me what your initial guess is or it'll screw me up. As it is, I struggle to get my Wordle in each day before LTG.
I've already given you all the clues as to my first word. But you don't want to know, so you'll have to do the arithmetic if you want it.
Title: Re: 7/29/2023
Post by: razgueado on July 29, 2023, 09:17:53 AM
[...]

I don't generally try to "help." But I was still a little intoxicated, and feeling generous. I warned of the potential spoiler.
Title: Re: 7/29/2023
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 29, 2023, 09:20:19 AM
[...]

I usually try to avoid posting my results until the group has had a chance, since my starting word has been discussed on multiple occasions. But I'll make a more concerted effort in the future to wait.
Title: Re: 7/29/2023
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 29, 2023, 09:24:26 AM
No golf this morning because of storms yesterday and overnight. In fact, course is closed today due to soggy conditions and clean up. Should be good to go tomorrow, though.
Title: Re: 7/29/2023
Post by: razgueado on July 29, 2023, 09:25:05 AM
As much of a hardass as I can be, I don't like killing God's creatures. The Enumclaw Plateau is known for being a haven for stinging insects. Hence the high school mascots, on both sides of the river, are Hornets.

I like wasps. They are elegant creatures. Vicious, but elegant. We get along most of the time. I stay out of their way, and they do some serious pest control in the garden. Win-win.

But this year the Harley hasn't left the carport, and the little buggers decided to build a condo under it. I get it, opportunity and all. But they took liberties, and got all defensive when the nephews happened to walk by. So, I had to evict, but they don't take to eviction politely, and that meant I had to get calculatedly homicidal. I went biological on them. But they aren't pacifists,  so a bioterror war ensued.
Title: Re: 7/29/2023
Post by: razgueado on July 29, 2023, 09:28:05 AM
[...]

Yeah, I'm sorry. I warned of the potential spoiler. I should have just left it alone.
Title: Re: 7/29/2023
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 29, 2023, 09:31:59 AM
As much of a hardass as I can be, I don't like killing God's creatures. The Enumclaw Plateau is known for being a haven for stinging insects. Hence the high school mascots, on both sides of the river, are Hornets.

I like wasps. They are elegant creatures. Vicious, but elegant. We get along most of the time. I stay out of their way, and they do some serious pest control in the garden. Win-win.

But this year the Harley hasn't left the carport, and the little buggers decided to build a condo under it. I get it, opportunity and all. But they took liberties, and got all defensive when the nephews happened to walk by. So, I had to evict, but they don't take to eviction politely, and that meant I had to get calculatedly homicidal.
I don't feel good about it either but sometimes you have to do what you have to do.
Title: Re: 7/29/2023
Post by: razgueado on July 29, 2023, 09:41:21 AM
As much of a hardass as I can be, I don't like killing God's creatures. The Enumclaw Plateau is known for being a haven for stinging insects. Hence the high school mascots, on both sides of the river, are Hornets.

I like wasps. They are elegant creatures. Vicious, but elegant. We get along most of the time. I stay out of their way, and they do some serious pest control in the garden. Win-win.

But this year the Harley hasn't left the carport, and the little buggers decided to build a condo under it. I get it, opportunity and all. But they took liberties, and got all defensive when the nephews happened to walk by. So, I had to evict, but they don't take to eviction politely, and that meant I had to get calculatedly homicidal.
I don't feel good about it either but sometimes you have to do what you have to do.
They really are beautiful creatures, so long as you don't get into a confrontation with them. I'm cool with that. They, on the other hand, tend to have a chip on their shoulder. It's unfortunate.
Title: Re: 7/29/2023
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 29, 2023, 09:42:59 AM
[...]

Yours was fine, you said spoiler alert, so I avoided reading your post before taking my turn. And clearly, I didn't have any help based on my results. Lol
Title: Re: 7/29/2023
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 29, 2023, 09:44:12 AM
As much of a hardass as I can be, I don't like killing God's creatures. The Enumclaw Plateau is known for being a haven for stinging insects. Hence the high school mascots, on both sides of the river, are Hornets.

I like wasps. They are elegant creatures. Vicious, but elegant. We get along most of the time. I stay out of their way, and they do some serious pest control in the garden. Win-win.

But this year the Harley hasn't left the carport, and the little buggers decided to build a condo under it. I get it, opportunity and all. But they took liberties, and got all defensive when the nephews happened to walk by. So, I had to evict, but they don't take to eviction politely, and that meant I had to get calculatedly homicidal. I went biological on them. But they aren't pacifists,  so a bioterror war ensued.
All bets are off if they do that.
Title: Re: 7/29/2023
Post by: razgueado on July 29, 2023, 09:53:35 AM
As much of a hardass as I can be, I don't like killing God's creatures. The Enumclaw Plateau is known for being a haven for stinging insects. Hence the high school mascots, on both sides of the river, are Hornets.

I like wasps. They are elegant creatures. Vicious, but elegant. We get along most of the time. I stay out of their way, and they do some serious pest control in the garden. Win-win.

But this year the Harley hasn't left the carport, and the little buggers decided to build a condo under it. I get it, opportunity and all. But they took liberties, and got all defensive when the nephews happened to walk by. So, I had to evict, but they don't take to eviction politely, and that meant I had to get calculatedly homicidal. I went biological on them. But they aren't pacifists,  so a bioterror war ensued.
All bets are off if they do that.

Yeah, I mean...I believe in the circle of life. I've stood in the wilds of Montana and thanked the Great Spirit and the spirit of the deer I'd killed. Y'know? I'm not an asshole, despite evidence to the contrary and that I voted for Trump a coupla times. I understand that all God's chillun got a role to play, and not all of them can play nice at all times.

I just can't have them attacking my nephews.
Title: Re: 7/29/2023
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 29, 2023, 10:02:00 AM
[...]

I understand. That's why I tried every non-lethal method the internet had to offer when I had the issue with the chipmunks. I had no desire to kill them, but I can't have them tunneling under my entire backyard and who knows what else.
Title: Re: 7/29/2023
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 29, 2023, 10:18:00 AM
I had an issue with carpenter bees and they eventually won the war. That's why I'm taking the playhouse down now. Much of the wood has become unsafe for the kids to play on. Plus my kids have outgrown the thing. The worst part is that I can't burn the pressurized wood and disposing of it as a hazardous material is a huge pain in the ass.
Title: Re: 7/29/2023
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 29, 2023, 10:33:19 AM
I had an issue with carpenter bees and they eventually won the war. That's why I'm taking the playhouse down now. Much of the wood has become unsafe for the kids to play on. Plus my kids have outgrown the thing. The worst part is that I can't burn the pressurized wood and disposing of it as a hazardous material is a huge pain in the ass.
That's a tough one. How do you have to dispose of it?
Title: Re: 7/29/2023
Post by: razgueado on July 29, 2023, 10:54:25 AM

I had an issue with carpenter bees and they eventually won the war. That's why I'm taking the playhouse down now. Much of the wood has become unsafe for the kids to play on. Plus my kids have outgrown the thing. The worst part is that I can't burn the pressurized wood and disposing of it as a hazardous material is a huge pain in the ass.
That's a tough one. How do you have to dispose of it?

And why can't you just have a backyard fire?

I know, I know...local regulations and all, and a concern for the environment. But Jayzus...you do know that the environment is most impacted by industry, right?

You're not going to significantly harm the environment by burning down the kids' playground.
Title: Re: 7/29/2023
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 29, 2023, 10:59:39 AM
I had an issue with carpenter bees and they eventually won the war. That's why I'm taking the playhouse down now. Much of the wood has become unsafe for the kids to play on. Plus my kids have outgrown the thing. The worst part is that I can't burn the pressurized wood and disposing of it as a hazardous material is a huge pain in the ass.
That's a tough one. How do you have to dispose of it?
Make a retaining wall of it.  Doesn't look bad in the landscape and no need to further dispose.
Title: Re: 7/29/2023
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 29, 2023, 11:02:10 AM
Went to a Darius Rucker concert last night with Lindsay El opening.  Darius was great, Lindsay very entertaining, and a solid guitarist (as best as I can judge these things).  Leather shorts also weren't bad (on Lindsay, not Darius).
Title: Re: 7/29/2023
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 29, 2023, 11:17:28 AM
Today is Saturday, July 29, the 210th day of 2023.
There are 155 days left in the year.

Today’s Highlight in History:

On July 29, 1981, Britain’s Prince Charles married Lady Diana Spencer in a glittering ceremony at St. Paul’s Cathedral in London. (The couple divorced in 1996.)

On this date:

In 1890, artist Vincent van Gogh, 37, died of an apparently self-inflicted gunshot wound in Auvers-sur-Oise, France.

In 1914, transcontinental telephone service in the U.S. became operational with the first test conversation between New York and San Francisco.

In 1921, Adolf Hitler became the leader of the National Socialist German Workers Party.

In 1957, the International Atomic Energy Agency was established. Jack Paar made his debut as host of NBC’s “Tonight Show.”

In 1958, President Dwight D. Eisenhower signed the National Aeronautics and Space Act, creating NASA.

In 1967, an accidental rocket launch on the deck of the supercarrier USS Forrestal in the Gulf of Tonkin resulted in a fire and explosions that killed 134 servicemen.

In 1968, Pope Paul the Sixth reaffirmed the Roman Catholic Church’s stance against artificial methods of birth control.

In 1980, a state funeral was held in Cairo, Egypt, for the deposed Shah of Iran, who had died two days earlier at age 60.

In 1986, a federal jury in New York found that the National Football League had committed an antitrust violation against the rival United States Football League. But the jury ordered the N-F-L to pay token damages of only three dollars.

In 1994, abortion opponent Paul Hill shot and killed Dr. John Bayard Britton and Britton’s escort, James H. Barrett, outside the Ladies Center clinic in Pensacola, Florida.

In 1999, a former day trader, apparently upset over stock losses, opened fire in two Atlanta brokerage offices, killing nine people and wounding 13 before shooting himself to death; authorities said Mark O. Barton had also killed his wife and two children.

In 2016, former suburban Chicago police officer Drew Peterson was given an additional 40 years in prison for trying to hire someone to kill the prosecutor who put him behind bars for killing his third wife.
Title: Re: 7/29/2023
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 29, 2023, 11:18:41 AM
Ten years ago: The U.S. launched a fresh bid to pull Israel and the Palestinians into substantial negotiations with a dinner meeting in Washington hosted by Secretary of State John Kerry. The FBI said authorities had rescued 105 young people and arrested 150 alleged pimps and others in a three-day sweep in 76 cities.

Five years ago: President Donald Trump tweeted that he was willing to see the government shut down over border security issues, including money for a U.S.-Mexico border wall. Pitcher Sean Newcomb of the Atlanta Braves was within one strike of a no-hitter before Chris Taylor singled for the Los Angeles Dodgers. After the game, the 25-year-old Newcomb apologized for racist, homophobic and sexist tweets he had sent as a teenager; he described the tweets as “some stupid stuff” he said with friends.

One year ago: Search and rescue teams backed by the National Guard searched for people missing in record floods that wiped out entire communities in some of the poorest places in America. Kentucky’s governor said at least 16 people there had died. Russia and Ukraine accused each other of shelling a prison in a separatist region of eastern Ukraine, an attack that reportedly killed dozens of Ukrainian prisoners of war captured after the fall of Mariupol, the city where troops famously held out against a monthslong Russian siege. Will Smith again apologized to Chris Rock for slapping him during the Oscar telecast, saying that his behavior was “unacceptable.”
Title: Re: 7/29/2023
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 29, 2023, 11:21:04 AM
Today’s Birthdays:

Former Sen. Nancy Kassebaum-Baker is 91.
Actor Robert Fuller is 90.
Former Sen. Elizabeth H. Dole is 87.
Actor Roz Kelly is 81.
Rock musician Neal Doughty (REO Speedwagon) is 77.
Marilyn Tucker Quayle, wife of former Vice President Dan Quayle, is 74.
Actor Mike Starr is 73.
Documentary maker Ken Burns is 70.
Style guru Tim Gunn is 70.
Rock singer-musician Geddy Lee (Rush) is 70.
Rock singer Patti Scialfa (Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band) is 70.
Actor Kevin Chapman is 61.
Actor Alexandra Paul is 60.
Actor/comedian Dean Haglund is 58.
Country singer Martina McBride is 57.
Actor Rodney Allen Rippy is 55.
Actor Tim Omundson is 54.
Actor Ato Essandoh is 51.
Actor Wil Wheaton is 51.
R&B singer Wanya Morris (Boyz II Men) is 50.
Country singer-songwriter James Otto is 50.
Actor Stephen Dorff is 50.
Actor Josh Radnor is 49.
 Hip-hop DJ/music producer Danger Mouse is 46.
Actor Rachel Miner is 43.
Actor Kaitlyn Black is 40.
Actor Matt Prokop is 33.
Actor Cait Fairbanks is 30.
Title: Re: 7/29/2023
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 29, 2023, 11:21:29 AM
Today's Over/Under is 6
Raz Over/Under is 8
Title: Re: 7/29/2023
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 29, 2023, 11:26:07 AM
And as we are well into page 3...
Title: Re: 7/29/2023
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 29, 2023, 11:34:38 AM
Little more Darius and Lindsay.
Title: Re: 7/29/2023
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 29, 2023, 11:36:14 AM
CI Weekend Spotlight Offering:

Who’s the better sidekick? Some say Robin, others say Chewbacca! Well… I for one choose Sancho Panza! For just this weekend, we’re jousting against lame everyday pricing on Sancho Panza Boxes and knocking them down to the lowest they’ve been in years! You can scoop these up starting at just $3.25 per cigar!

With a long-storied history and a track record of being an affordable option for many avid fans, we’ve felt its time to give you a heluva good deal since cigar season is in full swing! This brand offers something for everyone. Whether you like toasty Connecticuts, alluring Oscuro wrappers, or spice forward Sun-Grown wrappers; now’s the time to stock up!

So drop what you’re doing and grab this limited-time offer starting at just $64.99 for a box of Sancho Panza!
Title: Re: 7/29/2023
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 29, 2023, 11:37:35 AM

I had an issue with carpenter bees and they eventually won the war. That's why I'm taking the playhouse down now. Much of the wood has become unsafe for the kids to play on. Plus my kids have outgrown the thing. The worst part is that I can't burn the pressurized wood and disposing of it as a hazardous material is a huge pain in the ass.
That's a tough one. How do you have to dispose of it?

And why can't you just have a backyard fire?

I know, I know...local regulations and all, and a concern for the environment. But Jayzus...you do know that the environment is most impacted by industry, right?

You're not going to significantly harm the environment by burning down the kids' playground.
Supposedly, 1tbsp of ash from that is poisonous enough to kill a person. Stacking it up in the garage for now and then I'll figure out what to do.

I hear you about the pollution but I also don't want to inhale those fumes.
Title: Re: 7/29/2023
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 29, 2023, 11:48:39 AM

[...]

So just take the ash over and mix it with some of the Mt. St. Helens ash.
Title: Re: 7/29/2023
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 29, 2023, 12:08:29 PM
Today's Over/Under is 6
Raz Over/Under is 8
3
Title: Re: 7/29/2023
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 29, 2023, 12:08:36 PM

[...]

Yikes
Title: Re: 7/29/2023
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 29, 2023, 12:16:21 PM
Acid weekend special at Smoke Inn.  30% off boxes!

https://www.smokeinn.com/ACID-Flash-Sale/
Title: Re: 7/29/2023
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 29, 2023, 12:16:56 PM
Mega Millions lottery now over 1Billion.
Title: Re: 7/29/2023
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 29, 2023, 12:20:20 PM
But more importantly, we have page 4!
Title: Re: 7/29/2023
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 29, 2023, 12:41:43 PM
Mega Millions lottery now over 1Billion.
My old boss at work has started a lottery group among our team, with the intention of playing whenever it's over $600 million. Guess we didn't win last night. Lol
Title: Re: 7/29/2023
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 29, 2023, 12:42:06 PM
But more importantly, we have page 4!
Pretty impressive for a Saturday.
Title: Re: 7/29/2023
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 29, 2023, 01:50:53 PM
But more importantly, we have page 4!
Pretty impressive for a Saturday.
For sure.
Title: Re: 7/29/2023
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 29, 2023, 01:53:09 PM
I'm about to select an afternoon cigar.
Title: Re: 7/29/2023
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 29, 2023, 01:57:42 PM
Heading up to Greenville for a Shrimpfest this afternoon.
Interesting to see how that is.
Title: Re: 7/29/2023
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 29, 2023, 01:59:34 PM
I'm about to select an afternoon cigar.
Me too.  Need to avoid temptation from the new shipment.
Title: Re: 7/29/2023
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 29, 2023, 02:04:48 PM
Heading up to Greenville for a Shrimpfest this afternoon.
Interesting to see how that is.
https://www.postandcourier.com/greenville/this-new-greenville-food-event-is-all-about-the-shrimp/article_e79dcb72-2a2c-11ee-a407-870f930f2bff.html
Title: Re: 7/29/2023
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 29, 2023, 02:05:50 PM
I'm about to select an afternoon cigar.
Continue living that dream!
Title: Re: 7/29/2023
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 29, 2023, 02:06:53 PM
Heading up to Greenville for a Shrimpfest this afternoon.
Interesting to see how that is.
https://www.postandcourier.com/greenville/this-new-greenville-food-event-is-all-about-the-shrimp/article_e79dcb72-2a2c-11ee-a407-870f930f2bff.html
You might want to volunteer for the dunk tank, depending on how warm it is down there today.
Title: Re: 7/29/2023
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 29, 2023, 02:30:36 PM
Going through a backlog of Halfwheel articles, a lot from PCA.
Good start with this one though.  Need to have Rick add it to his try list.  It's on mine.
Title: Re: 7/29/2023
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 29, 2023, 02:31:46 PM
Heading up to Greenville for a Shrimpfest this afternoon.
Interesting to see how that is.
https://www.postandcourier.com/greenville/this-new-greenville-food-event-is-all-about-the-shrimp/article_e79dcb72-2a2c-11ee-a407-870f930f2bff.html
You might want to volunteer for the dunk tank, depending on how warm it is down there today.
Luckily it's hazy so you don't have the sun beating down cooking things.  (more)
Title: Re: 7/29/2023
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 29, 2023, 02:55:46 PM
I'm about to select an afternoon cigar.
Me too.  Need to avoid temptation from the new shipment.
Decided on a Joya de Nicaragua Antaño Connecticut while putting up the new basketball hoop in the backyard.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230729/0fa22fd2e6813654421c73cfd71c15a9.jpg)
Title: Re: 7/29/2023
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 29, 2023, 03:01:05 PM
Good afternoon!
Title: Re: 7/29/2023
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 29, 2023, 03:08:20 PM
Good afternoon!
It is, indeed.
Title: Re: 7/29/2023
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 29, 2023, 04:43:20 PM
Page 5!
Title: Re: 7/29/2023
Post by: bluecollar on July 29, 2023, 05:04:45 PM
Going through a backlog of Halfwheel articles, a lot from PCA.
Good start with this one though.  Need to have Rick add it to his try list.  It's on mine.
I have been completely in the dark. Did you get a nice order of cigars coming your way? I am not sure on the recommendation either.

Title: Re: 7/29/2023
Post by: bluecollar on July 29, 2023, 05:05:16 PM
I'm about to select an afternoon cigar.
Me too.  Need to avoid temptation from the new shipment.
Decided on a Joya de Nicaragua Antaño Connecticut while putting up the new basketball hoop in the backyard.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230729/0fa22fd2e6813654421c73cfd71c15a9.jpg)
That cigar is awesome.
Title: Re: 7/29/2023
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 29, 2023, 05:11:06 PM
I'm about to select an afternoon cigar.
Me too.  Need to avoid temptation from the new shipment.
Decided on a Joya de Nicaragua Antaño Connecticut while putting up the new basketball hoop in the backyard.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230729/0fa22fd2e6813654421c73cfd71c15a9.jpg)
That cigar is awesome.
Completely agree. I'm sorry to have to put it down but I have dinner plans with a friend and need to go get ready.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230729/a2e71c6666d9a78f8ec2bc6b613c46bc.jpg)
Title: Re: 7/29/2023
Post by: bluecollar on July 29, 2023, 05:38:59 PM
Work has been a bear and I am having a graduation party for my son tomorrow.
He will soon be off to college.
Title: Re: 7/29/2023
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 29, 2023, 05:45:10 PM
Work has been a bear and I am having a graduation party for my son tomorrow.
He will soon be off to college.
Apologies if you've said it before and I missed it, but where is he going?
Title: Re: 7/29/2023
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 29, 2023, 07:52:04 PM
Heading up to Greenville for a Shrimpfest this afternoon.
Interesting to see how that is.
https://www.postandcourier.com/greenville/this-new-greenville-food-event-is-all-about-the-shrimp/article_e79dcb72-2a2c-11ee-a407-870f930f2bff.html
You might want to volunteer for the dunk tank, depending on how warm it is down there today.
Was that dunk tank or drunk tank?
Title: Re: 7/29/2023
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 29, 2023, 07:55:18 PM
Going through a backlog of Halfwheel articles, a lot from PCA.
Good start with this one though.  Need to have Rick add it to his try list.  It's on mine.
I have been completely in the dark. Did you get a nice order of cigars coming your way? I am not sure on the recommendation either.
Got some brown boxes yesterday.  Other recommendation is a new cigar to be on the lookout for from Aganorsa.
Title: Re: 7/29/2023
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 29, 2023, 08:05:28 PM
Heading up to Greenville for a Shrimpfest this afternoon.
Interesting to see how that is.
https://www.postandcourier.com/greenville/this-new-greenville-food-event-is-all-about-the-shrimp/article_e79dcb72-2a2c-11ee-a407-870f930f2bff.html
You might want to volunteer for the dunk tank, depending on how warm it is down there today.
Was that dunk tank or drunk tank?
You're there, you tell me.
Title: Re: 7/29/2023
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 29, 2023, 09:12:50 PM
Riverboat

(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230730/95f3d2baf5ffdde73cb605b689678f69.jpg)
Title: Re: 7/29/2023
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 29, 2023, 09:21:38 PM
Heading up to Greenville for a Shrimpfest this afternoon.
Interesting to see how that is.
https://www.postandcourier.com/greenville/this-new-greenville-food-event-is-all-about-the-shrimp/article_e79dcb72-2a2c-11ee-a407-870f930f2bff.html
You might want to volunteer for the dunk tank, depending on how warm it is down there today.
Was that dunk tank or drunk tank?
You're there, you tell me.
LALTS
Title: Re: 7/29/2023
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 29, 2023, 11:23:48 PM
Good evening!
Title: Re: 7/29/2023
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 29, 2023, 11:30:42 PM
Good evening!
Looks like it.