Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

In 1988, Soviet leader Mikhail S. Gorbachev retired President Andrei A. Gromyko from the Politburo and fired other old-guard leaders in a Kremlin shake-up.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

In 1997, France's Roman Catholic Church apologized for its silence during the systematic persecution and deportation of Jews by the pro-Nazi Vichy regime.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Ten years ago: Out of jail after 85 days, New York Times reporter Judith Miller testified before a grand jury investigating the leak of CIA operative Valerie Plame's identity. Six Mexicans were killed in a string of robberies targeting Hispanic immigrants at trailer parks in and around Tifton, Georgia. (Stacey Bernard Sims and Jamie Underwood received long prison sentences for the killings.)
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Five years ago: Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton called Guatemalan leaders to apologize for 1940s U.S.-led experiments that infected occupants of a Guatemala mental hospital with syphilis, apparently to test the effectiveness of penicillin against some sexually transmitted diseases. The government of Ecuador declared a state of siege after rebellious police angered by a law that cut their benefits plunged the small South American nation into chaos.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

One year ago: Under withering criticism from Congress, Secret Service Director Julia Pierson admitted failures in her agency's critical mission of protecting the president but repeatedly sidestepped key questions about how a knife-carrying intruder penetrated ring after ring of security before finally being tackled deep inside the White House. U.S. and Afghan officials signed a long-delayed security pact to keep nearly 10,000 American forces in Afghanistan beyond the planned final withdrawal of U.S. and international combat forces at the end of the year. The first case of Ebola diagnosed in the U.S. was confirmed in a patient who had recently traveled from Liberia to Dallas. President Barack Obama showered praise on India's new prime minister, Narendra Modi, in an Oval Office meeting. California Gov. Jerry Brown signed the nation's first statewide ban on single-use plastic bags at grocery and convenience stores. Geraldine "Jerrie" Mock, 88, an Ohio homemaker who'd made aviation history by becoming the first female to fly solo around the world in 1964, died in Quincy, Florida.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Today's Birthdays: Nobel Peace Laureate Elie Wiesel (EL'-ee vee-ZEHL') is 87. Actress Angie Dickinson is 84. Singer Cissy Houston is 82. Singer Johnny Mathis is 80. Actor Len Cariou is 76. Singer Marilyn McCoo is 72. Former Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert is 70. Pop singer Sylvia Peterson (The Chiffons) is 69. Actor Vondie Curtis-Hall is 65. Actress Victoria Tennant is 65. Actor John Finn is 63. Rock musician John Lombardo is 63. Singer Deborah Allen is 62. Actor Calvin Levels is 61. Actor Barry Williams is 61. Singer Patrice Rushen is 61. Actress Fran Drescher is 58. Country singer Marty Stuart is 57. Actress Debrah Farentino is 56. Rock musician Bill Rieflin (R.E.M.) is 55. Former Sen. Blanche Lincoln, D-Ark., is 55. Actress Crystal Bernard is 54. Actor Eric Stoltz is 54. Rapper-producer Marley Marl is 53. Country singer Eddie Montgomery (Montgomery-Gentry) is 52. Rock singer Trey Anastasio is 51. Actress Monica Bellucci is 51. Rock musician Robby Takac (TAY'-kak) (Goo Goo Dolls) is 51. Actress Lisa Thornhill is 49. Actress Andrea Roth is 48. Actor Silas Weir Mitchell is 46. Actor Tony Hale is 45. Actress Jenna Elfman is 44. Actor Ashley Hamilton is 41. Actress Marion Cotillard (koh-tee-YAHR') is 40. Actor Stark Sands is 37. Actor Mike Damus is 36. Tennis player Martina Hingis is 35. Olympic gold medal gymnast Dominique Moceanu (moh-chee-AH'-noo) is 34. Actress Lacey Chabert (shuh-BEHR') is 33. Actor Kieran Culkin is 33. Singer-rapper T-Pain is 31.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Thought for Today: "The idea is to die young as late as possible." — Ashley Montagu, Anglo-American anthropologist (1905-1999).
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Axioms
-------------------------

Life isn't like a box of chocolates; it's more like a jar of jalapenos: you never know what's going to burn your ass.

I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by.

Tell me what you need, and I'll tell you how to get along without it.

Needing someone is like needing a parachute. If they aren't there the first time, chances are you won't need them again.

I don't have an attitude problem, you have a perception problem.

Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where in the hell is the ceiling?

My reality check bounced.

On the keyboard of life, always keep one finger on the escape key.

I don't suffer from stress. I am a carrier!!!

You are slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.

Everyone is someone else's weirdo.

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Be careful...a pat on the back is only a few centimeters from a kick in the ass.

Don't be irreplaceable --- if you can't be replaced, you won't be promoted.

The more crap you put up with, the more crap you are going to get.

You can go anywhere you want if you look serious and carry a clipboard.

So this isn't Home Sweet Home . . . Adjust!

Ring bell for maid service. If no answer, do it yourself!

I came, I saw, I decided to order take out.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves for they shall never cease to be amused.

I'd love to live life in the fast lane, but I'm married to a speed bump.

Men have two emotions: hungry and horny. If you see him without a hard-on, make him a sandwich!

What should you give a man who has everything? A woman to show him how to work it!

How can you tell which bottle contains her PMS medicine? It's the one with bite marks on the cap!
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Time to hit the road for work, enjoy your day guys.

Morning, Chip. Happy day of humping.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Morning, Chip. Happy day of humping.
Good morning Dave.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Morning, Chip. Happy day of humping.
Good morning Dave.
I should have done a sheesh post first.

Morning, Chip. Happy day of humping.
Good morning Dave.
I should have done a sheesh post first.
Lol, definitely.

Morning LSU & Golf.

Guess I will reluctantly go back to the office today. :o

TS Joaquin Update

At 500 AM EDT (0900 UTC), the center of Tropical Storm Joaquin was located near latitude 25.4 North, longitude 72.5 West. Joaquin is moving toward the west-southwest near 6 mph (9 km/h), and this motion is expected to continue through tonight. A turn toward the west and a decrease in forward speed are forecast on Thursday. On the forecast track, the center of Joaquin is expected to move near or over portions of the central Bahamas tonight and Thursday.

Maximum sustained winds are near 70 mph (110 km/h) with higher gusts. Strengthening is forecast during the next 48 hours, and Joaquin is forecast to become a hurricane today. An Air Force Reserve Hurricane Hunter aircraft is en route to investigate Joaquin this morning.

Tropical storm force winds extend outward up to 125 miles (205 km) from the center.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16