CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: 2/8/2023  (Read 1364 times)

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
Re: 2/8/2023
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2023, 07:32:33 AM »

The highs are fine but the lows are still too cold for me. It's supposed to reach mid 50s here today. Rain tomorrow and then 60°on Friday. I don't know what to make of it all.
Been a topsy turvy winter as far as temps, that's for sure. Hate the cold, but can't complain about the snow, which we've seen very little of.
Same here. My youngest ones are dying for a snow day. I'm not helping them wish for one.
Ours have gotten one for an expected storm that never arrived, but that's it so far. Usually have at least a couple by now.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2023, 07:51:05 AM »

Page 2 all ready for APNewsDave.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2023, 08:58:59 AM »

The highs are fine but the lows are still too cold for me. It's supposed to reach mid 50s here today. Rain tomorrow and then 60°on Friday. I don't know what to make of it all.
Been a topsy turvy winter as far as temps, that's for sure. Hate the cold, but can't complain about the snow, which we've seen very little of.
Same here. My youngest ones are dying for a snow day. I'm not helping them wish for one.
Ours have gotten one for an expected storm that never arrived, but that's it so far. Usually have at least a couple by now.
They generally build 3 into our school year. 0 taken.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2023, 08:59:28 AM »

I'm gonna check out for a bit or I truly will be humped today. Have a million things to do before my 9:am meeting. Wish me luck.

I'm as ready as I'm gonna be.

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Click the globe below to see my top rated cigars.
    • Click my web link to see my list of top rated cigars...
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2023, 09:09:56 AM »

I wish I could say the same sheesh!

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Click the globe below to see my top rated cigars.
    • Click my web link to see my list of top rated cigars...
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2023, 09:11:31 AM »

I'm gonna check out for a bit or I truly will be humped today. Have a million things to do before my 9:am meeting. Wish me luck.
You got this Tone. Good luck

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2023, 09:11:39 AM »

What's scarier, blizzards or earthquakes?

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2023, 09:48:52 AM »

Just got back from the Duckling's bassoon studio recital. Boy did a killer solo rhapsody.

Night, lads.

Wordle 599 4/6

⬛🟨🟨⬛⬛
⬛🟩🟩🟩⬛
⬛🟩🟩🟩⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Sounds like a fine evening.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2023, 09:50:35 AM »

Mid to upper 60s here today.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2023, 09:52:44 AM »

Page 2 all ready for APNewsDave.
Indeed you are!
Got Cooper staying with us for a week.
Let the dog rodeo begin.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2023, 09:54:00 AM »

They generally build 3 into our school year. 0 taken.
I prefer getting out early at the end of the year.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2023, 09:55:16 AM »

You got this Tone. Good luck
Morning Rick.  Good to have you drop in.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2023, 09:56:01 AM »

What's scarier, blizzards or earthquakes?
Possibly Rick blizzards, but usually earthquakes for sure.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2023, 10:06:22 AM »

Today is Wednesday, Feb. 8, the 39th day of 2023.
There are 332 days left in the year.

Today’s Highlight in History:

On Feb. 8, 1587, Mary, Queen of Scots was beheaded at Fotheringhay Castle in England after she was implicated in a plot to murder her cousin, Queen Elizabeth I.

On this date:

In 1693, a charter was granted for the College of William and Mary in Williamsburg in the Virginia Colony.

In 1910, the Boy Scouts of America was incorporated.

In 1922, President Warren G. Harding had a radio installed in the White House.

In 1924, the first execution by gas in the United States took place at the Nevada State Prison in Carson City as Gee Jon, a Chinese immigrant convicted of murder, was put to death.

In 1952, Queen Elizabeth II proclaimed her accession to the British throne following the death of her father, King George VI.

In 1960, work began on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, located on Hollywood Boulevard and Vine Street in Los Angeles.

In 1965, Eastern Air Lines Flight 663, a DC-7, crashed shortly after takeoff from New York’s John F. Kennedy International Airport; all 84 people on board were killed. The Supremes’ record “Stop! In the Name of Love!” was released by Motown.

In 1968, three Black students were killed in a confrontation between demonstrators and highway patrolmen at South Carolina State University in Orangeburg in the wake of protests over a whites-only bowling alley.

In 1971, NASDAQ, the world’s first electronic stock exchange, held its first trading day.

In 1973, Senate leaders named seven members of a select committee to investigate the Watergate scandal, including its chairman, Democrat Sam J. Ervin of North Carolina.

In 2007, model, actor and tabloid sensation Anna Nicole Smith died in Hollywood, Florida, at age 39 of an accidental drug overdose.

In 2020, the U.S. Embassy in Beijing said a 60-year-old U.S. citizen who’d been diagnosed with the coronavirus had died on Feb. 5 in Wuhan; it was apparently the first American fatality from the virus.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2023, 10:07:40 AM »

Ten years ago: A massive storm packing hurricane-force winds and blizzard conditions began sweeping through the Northeast, dumping nearly 2 feet of snow on New England and knocking out power to more than a half a million customers.

Five years ago: The federal government stumbled into a shutdown that would end by morning, its second in less than a month, as rogue Senate Republicans blocked a speedy vote on a massive, bipartisan, budget-busting spending deal. For the second time in a week, the Dow Jones industrials plunged by more than 1,000 points as a sell-off in the stock market deepened. Hundreds of thousands lined the streets of Philadelphia as the Eagles celebrated their Super Bowl victory with a parade.

One year ago: Retired Pope Benedict XVI asked forgiveness for any “grievous faults” in his handling of clergy sex abuse cases, but denied any personal or specific wrongdoing after an independent report criticized his actions in four cases while he was archbishop of Munich, Germany. “The Power of the Dog” topped the 2022 Oscar nominations with 10. (It would go on to win just one, best director for Jane Campion.)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4