Pages: 1 [2] 3

PayDayWednesday here, as well as Gainshare Day, where we find out how much our year-end bonus is. Or at least a fairly accurate approximation of it, since we don't have the full year results yet. Numbers aren't looking as good as in years past, but I'll take what I can get. 75% payout of it comes this weekend, with the other 25% after the full results in January.
That's pretty sweet. Just in time for Christmas. It'll be Payday Thursday for me tomorrow and I'll take it. The last few times I worked for a company that paid bonuses, they were always distributed in March. Typically, we'd have a mass exodus in April.
Our cutoff for the year is 11/30. As long as you're employed by that date, you still get the bonus, regardless of what happens after.

Don't see a lot of people leaving after the payout here, though, with as low as it is this year, maybe we will. Lol
And it being right before Xmas is probably why they pay out a large chunk of it in mid-December. They don't always do right by us, but in this case, I have no complaints.
That was my point. Seems they go out of their way to pay before the end of the year which is great.

My current place doesn't do a holiday party of any sort which I found odd. Usually companies either have one large function or each manager might take her crew out for lunch. There was however a big todo for Diwali recently. I guess that makes more sense for the area I'm in. Some of my colleagues in other locations are having holiday parties so I'm curious how they decide.
They used to have a year end event for the different business areas. They're bringing it back this year, some Saturday in January. Haven't decided if I want to go yet or not. Just food and games and whatnot at one of our campuses.
You had me at food.

Wordle 543 3/6

🟨🟨🟨⬛⬛
⬛🟨⬛🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
At least you woke up sharp. 😉

[...]

CNS

Wordle 543 3/6

🟨🟨🟨
🟨🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
At least you woke up sharp.
I feel about as sharp as a marble.

On my way home last evening, I stopped at Microcenter to purchase a mini docking station. Working remotely was a pain without my full-size keyboard, mouse, and two monitors.

I have it set up so that I can easily plug in my personal laptop when I'm not using my work one but still use my desktop without having to fish in the back of the desk for cables.

This hub seems to work even better than what I have going on in the office. Now I don't have to open the laptop to use that camera for video calls.

On my way home last evening, I stopped at Microcenter to purchase a mini docking station. Working remotely was a pain without my full-size keyboard, mouse, and two monitors.

I have it set up so that I can easily plug in my personal laptop when I'm not using my work one but still use my desktop without having to fish in the back of the desk for cables.

This hub seems to work even better than what I have going on in the office. Now I don't have to open the laptop to use that camera for video calls.
I'm surprised you lasted as long as you did without a full size keyboard or screen. I have a similar device to plug things in, but we didn't get a full-size monitor until we were sent home in 2020. I don't know how I managed without it for so long.

On my way home last evening, I stopped at Microcenter to purchase a mini docking station. Working remotely was a pain without my full-size keyboard, mouse, and two monitors.

I have it set up so that I can easily plug in my personal laptop when I'm not using my work one but still use my desktop without having to fish in the back of the desk for cables.

This hub seems to work even better than what I have going on in the office. Now I don't have to open the laptop to use that camera for video calls.
I'm surprised you lasted as long as you did without a full size keyboard or screen. I have a similar device to plug things in, but we didn't get a full-size monitor until we were sent home in 2020. I don't know how I managed without it for so long.
As a consultant, I was given only the laptop. All the other stuff was mine that I bought because of COVID. At the UN, they didn't even give me a laptop. I had to use a virtual desktop.

My personal desktop computer has two monitor ports and therefore, I previously didn't need the docking station. So that $70 additional expenditure yesterday was my own but worth it. I'll be writing it off as a business expense, of course.

[...]

And rightfully so.

Stephen "tWitch" Boss, choreographer, DJ and co-host of "The Ellen DeGeneres Show," has died. He was only 40. Leaving behind wife and three young children. They are saying it was a probably suicide. That's very sad.

Stephen "tWitch" Boss, choreographer, DJ and co-host of "The Ellen DeGeneres Show," has died. He was only 40. Leaving behind wife and three young children. They are saying it was a probably suicide. That's very sad.
I hadn't heard of him until some work folks starting talking about him, but it's definitely a sad situation. Moreso for his wife and kids, who are now left to pick up the pieces.

Stephen "tWitch" Boss, choreographer, DJ and co-host of "The Ellen DeGeneres Show," has died. He was only 40. Leaving behind wife and three young children. They are saying it was a probably suicide. That's very sad.
I hadn't heard of him until some work folks starting talking about him, but it's definitely a sad situation. Moreso for his wife and kids, who are now left to pick up the pieces.
Especially rough around the holidays. I can't imagine, nor would I want to, his mental anguish with making such a decision. It's truly sad.

Stephen "tWitch" Boss, choreographer, DJ and co-host of "The Ellen DeGeneres Show," has died. He was only 40. Leaving behind wife and three young children. They are saying it was a probably suicide. That's very sad.
I hadn't heard of him until some work folks starting talking about him, but it's definitely a sad situation. Moreso for his wife and kids, who are now left to pick up the pieces.
Especially rough around the holidays. I can't imagine, nor would I want to, his mental anguish with making such a decision. It's truly sad.
Agreed.

Cigars! That's the answer. Time spent enjoying a handmade tobacco product helps with mental well-being.

Cigars! That's the answer. Time spent enjoying a handmade tobacco product helps with mental well-being.
It certainly helps mine at the end of the day.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3