CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16

Author Topic: 2/28/2015  (Read 43533 times)

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
Re: 2/28/2015
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2015, 06:04:48 AM »

OOO toro up next, wonder if they allow smoking in the park I'm looking at this morning?
Crazy world we live in now Dean, who would have thought just 10 years ago anyone would have even thought that would be a concern, after New Oreleans smoking ban passed last month I give up on the crazy people trying to change the world.
I agree, been turned down from a lot of rentals and 55+ parks because I enjoy an occassional cigar even though I try to explain I refuse to smoke indoors. not sure whether it's the health concerns of if they've been burned on clean up when vacated. I know smoking will damage a property inside, but I just shrug my shoulders and walk away.
Its a good thing that most of us are up in our years now and the changes won't matter but a really don't like to think about the world our grandchildren will grow up in without any rights, we already yearn for the good old days so I can only imagine how badly they will be looking back at history and ask wtf happened.
Indeed!!!!   As I watch the news I almost daily get a happening now reminder of something my dad said was coming our way in this country by way of our own people and government.  He would be 101 years old in May and died 11 years ago and pretty accurately what was happening today.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2015, 06:07:47 AM »

54 degrees and may hit the mid 60's by the afternoon.
29 degrees here with scattered sleet, snow and freezing rain.  Fuk'n Groundhog was Right!

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2015, 06:08:38 AM »

OOO toro up next, wonder if they allow smoking in the park I'm looking at this morning?
Crazy world we live in now Dean, who would have thought just 10 years ago anyone would have even thought that would be a concern, after New Oreleans smoking ban passed last month I give up on the crazy people trying to change the world.
Amen, man I could not believe it when I read in the news that New Orleans outlawed smoking.  But I remember the big international cigar retailers show was there a few years ago and they were discussing not returning because almost no places would allow folks a cigar.  Honestly Thoth this entire country has gone bat-shit crazy.
I'm always a little surprised that we're still able to smoke at the resort where CF is held. The field house we use is right off the arcade where the resort guests can play. Always figure someone will bitch and ruin our fun.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2015, 06:12:57 AM »

Amen, man I could not believe it when I read in the news that New Orleans outlawed smoking.  But I remember the big international cigar retailers show was there a few years ago and they were discussing not returning because almost no places would allow folks a cigar.  Honestly Thoth this entire country has gone bat-shit crazy.
I'm always a little surprised that we're still able to smoke at the resort where CF is held. The field house we use is right off the arcade where the resort guests can play. Always figure someone will bitch and ruin our fun.
For sure has to be threatened.  Other than a couple of B&M's I do not think there is a public place in this entire county of 1.2 million people where you can gather for a cigar.

dwgbryant

« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2015, 06:19:36 AM »

morning Dave and Dave.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2015, 06:28:56 AM »

morning Dave and Dave.
What time you got to be at the trailer rental war Dean?

dwgbryant

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2015, 06:43:09 AM »

morning Dave and Dave.
the lady said be there by 9am, I will be there between 8:30-8:45am. I don't care what they have, I want to get out of here. found out that quite a few other campers knew I was being asked to leave before I got the letter.  I don't want to live like this.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2015, 07:12:01 AM »

morning Dave and Dave.
the lady said be there by 9am, I will be there between 8:30-8:45am. I don't care what they have, I want to get out of here. found out that quite a few other campers knew I was being asked to leave before I got the letter.  I don't want to live like this.
Sucks to be in that position. Hope the next place works out better, and doesn't have a landlady with huge cans.

dwgbryant

« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2015, 07:24:11 AM »

morning Dave and Dave.
Sucks to be in that position. Hope the next place works out better, and doesn't have a landlady with huge cans.
there's some really fucked up people in this world.
glad I got to enjoy the landlady when times were good.

dwgbryant

« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2015, 07:44:55 AM »

MIAMI GARDENS, Fla. (WSVN) -- Miami Gardens Police Chief Stephen Johnson was taken into custody Friday for allegedly soliciting a prostitute during a sting operation at a Dania Beach motel, an arrest that has cost the embattled law enforcer his job.

Authorities said Broward Sheriff's Office deputies took Johnson into custody during the operation. He was booked into the Broward County Jail on $300 bond.

Miami Gardens Police officials released a statement Friday night which reads, "We recently learned Chief Johnson has been arrested for the solicitation of a prostitute. As a result, Mr. Johnson's employment with the City of Miami Gardens has been terminated, effective immediately. Assistant Chief Antonio Brooklyn will serve as the interim chief of police until further notice."

dwgbryant

« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2015, 07:51:21 AM »

well, heading out, will keep you all posted.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2015, 07:53:50 AM »

Good Luck!!

LSUFAN

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • Geaux Tigers!
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2015, 07:57:09 AM »

Good luck Dean.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2015, 07:58:25 AM »

Remember, eye contact!

LSUFAN

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • Geaux Tigers!
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2015, 07:58:56 AM »

Good Luck!!
I wanted to go smoke on the front porch just now, feel like temp is down to 26° now so headed to garage with a quick smoke.  Damn groundhog anyway.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16