CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: 9/27/2021  (Read 3060 times)

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
Re: 9/27/2021
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2021, 09:22:31 AM »

Rough morning here. Didn't get to bed until after 2. That's not much more sleep than I usually get but my ass is dragging today.
Yankees game or clogged shitter?
Long story. But I'll tell you this... Today is most definitely Monday.
My daughter went to a concert in Boston last evening. The train station in Providence is in a very sketchy neighborhood so I was willing to pay for an Uber. I scheduled it in advance. Well, unfortunately the drivers only find out when they became available right before the engagement. More than 10 drivers cancelled on us because they didn't want to drive an hour for one fare. After two hours, I finally was able to appeal to one driver. In the meantime, these two 18 year-olds are standing on a corner until 1:am. Then, of course I had to follow Antonio's trek down to Providence. Did I mention my daughter's phone died in the middle of all this.
I take it she made it home okay?

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2021, 09:23:53 AM »

my grandson, #55.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2021, 09:26:59 AM »

Rough morning here. Didn't get to bed until after 2. That's not much more sleep than I usually get but my ass is dragging today.
My daughter went to a concert in Boston last evening. The train station in Providence is in a very sketchy neighborhood so I was willing to pay for an Uber. I scheduled it in advance. Well, unfortunately the drivers only find out when they became available right before the engagement. More than 10 drivers cancelled on us because they didn't want to drive an hour for one fare. After two hours, I finally was able to appeal to one driver. In the meantime, these two 18 year-olds are standing on a corner until 1:am. Then, of course I had to follow Antonio's trek down to Providence. Did I mention my daughter's phone died in the middle of all this.
She did. I also aged about 10 years in one night. Mostly because my wife was freaking out. Sheesh.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2021, 09:32:14 AM »

my grandson, #55.
Very cool. Any plans to go see him play? I know you're a bit incapacitated at the moment.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2021, 09:39:24 AM »

She did. I also aged about 10 years in one night. Mostly because my wife was freaking out. Sheesh.
I would be freaking out too.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2021, 09:42:00 AM »

my grandson, #55.
Very cool. Any plans to go see him play? I know you're a bit incapacitated at the moment.
I've watched every game this year. the school does a live facebook feed.
they may come down this winter for vacation. if not hopefully I'll be able to drive up next year during summer vacation.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2021, 10:00:40 AM »

my grandson, #55.
they may come down this winter for vacation. if not hopefully I'll be able to drive up next year during summer vacation.
Ya gotta love technology.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2021, 10:01:03 AM »

Good lord. That probably would've been my very first panic attack right there. Long night, indeed.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2021, 10:02:02 AM »

my grandson, #55.
Ya gotta love technology.
I was able to watch my nephew's indoor soccer league last year the same way.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2021, 10:02:38 AM »

I love these. my day just got better.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2021, 10:14:33 AM »

Good for you! I need to take my car to the dealer because the temp registration expired and they forgot to tell me the plates and registration were in. Also there are a couple of scratches on the car that they promised they would touch-up. I think I'll bring a cigar with me while I wait.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2021, 10:16:23 AM »

Good for you! I need to take my car to the dealer because the temp registration expired and they forgot to tell me the plates and registration were in. Also there are a couple of scratches on the car that they promised they would touch-up. I think I'll bring a cigar with me while I wait.
I need tires. see what you can do for me.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2021, 10:22:03 AM »

Is there a difference?

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2021, 10:24:12 AM »

Is there a difference?
Not to everyone but Yankee fans.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6